creatine mono and ASGT

bpchampion

Awards
how much if any more mono can i add if im looking to load while on ASGT?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
how much if any more mono can i add if im looking to load while on ASGT?
I'm assuming by load you mean that you want to creatine load? You don't need to cycle or load creatine. I would take the mono on the off days and post workout and use AS GT just before workouts. Your tub will last a little longer this way.

bpchampion

Awards
i read a study that states an argument for loading i'll post it real quick

bpchampion

Awards
nteresting, would like to see this duplicated.

Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine
Issue: Volume 19(5), September 2009, pg. 399-404

Three Weeks of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation Affects Dihydrotestosterone to Testosterone Ratio in College-Aged Rugby Players

Abstract

Objective: This study investigated resting concentrations of selected androgens after 3 weeks of creatine supplementation in male rugby players. It was hypothesized that the ratio of dihydrotestosterone (DHT, a biologically more active androgen) to testosterone (T) would change with creatine supplementation.

Design: Double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study with a 6-week washout period.

Setting: Rugby Institute in South Africa.

Participants: College-aged rugby players (n = 20) volunteered for the study, which took place during the competitive season.

Interventions: Subjects loaded with creatine (25 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose) or placebo (50 g/day glucose) for 7 days followed by 14 days of maintenance (5 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose or 30 g/day glucose placebo).

Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point.

Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

Conclusions: Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition.

Statement of Clinical Relevance: Although creatine is a widely used ergogenic aid, the mechanisms of action are incompletely understood, particularly in relation to dihydrotestosterone, and therefore the long-term clinical safety cannot be guaranteed.

bpchampion

Awards
now im interested in replicating this with myself. i was wondering how much creatine you would have to add if you were to dose one scoop of ASGT. a lg rep would be appreciated

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
wow 25 grams of creatine a day seems a bit excessive to me...

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
now im interested in replicating this with myself. i was wondering how much creatine you would have to add if you were to dose one scoop of ASGT. a lg rep would be appreciated
I wanna say its still 6g per serving...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ASGT has your creatine needs covered, no need to do excessive dosing with creatine as 5g/day has been the long time standard for maximal saturation.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't sure about this either. I have been taking 1 scoop of asgt and mixing it with 1 scoop of PP's creapure 1 hour preworkout. It has been working great so far. Off topic a bit, I have andraulic pump as well, can I stack this with ASGT? Sorry if hijacked.

bpchampion

Awards
no problem i saw in some threads that asgt and pump is a good stack.. a lot of ppl seem to be doing it, if that justify's anything lol