Creatine phosphate vs creatine monohydrate

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive come across some recommendation for creatine phosphate.

Which is better, creatine phosphate or creatine monohydrate?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think I’ve heard that creatine phosphate essentially doesn’t absorb. The body absorbs free creatine and binds it to phosphate groups within the cell.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creatine Monohydrate has been well studied versus others and it has always come out on top, and it's cheap.

Noteboom

Noteboom

Awards
  • Established
I’d stick with monohydrate until more research is done. I’m fully saturated right now going on almost 3 weeks and I’m still breaking PR’s and I’m on my pct right now.

spoorti1509

Awards
I recommend you to stick to creatine monohydrate as it is best in absorption and try to get creatine microzed for better abosption

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Mono is obviously more reliable and cheaper.

But if you are like me and can't take it without bathroom issues of the watery kind, i would recommend a blend of others forms.

I'm using Green Magnitude from Controlled Labs and i am really satisfied (dicreatine malate and magnesium creatine chelate). Effective, packed with betaine which is also a staple and taurine + L-tyrosine, and not causing any digestion trouble.

For this package the cost per serving is absurdly low.

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
Creatine monohydrate, 3-5g a day, every day, no loading, no cycling, any beverage, any time of day. Done.

Effective, proven, cheap, simple.

But if you are like me and can't take it without bathroom issues of the watery kind, i would recommend a blend of others forms.

I'm using Green Magnitude from Controlled Labs and i am really satisfied (dicreatine malate and magnesium creatine chelate). Effective, packed with betaine which is also a staple and taurine + L-tyrosine, and not causing any digestion trouble.

For the unfortunate few who get GI distress from reasonable (remember, no loading) doses of monohydrate, there are options like Green Magnitude, which should come with some other stuff as well (such as the betaine in Green Mag, etc).

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
at this point I wouldn't even worry about comparing anything to monohydrate....it's cheap, it gets you to 100% saturation...it's not like mono only works to a certain extent and then stops....nope it does exactly what you want, just get some mono for cheap and it's one less thing you need to worry about when it comes to supplementation

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Creatine Monohydrate has been well studied versus others and it has always come out on top, and it's cheap.
This. It's proven to be effect and is cheap so win win.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I know some guys who is MCC or HCI because of GI problems. If that’s not the issue I would definitely stick with plain ol’ monohydrate. I’ve used SEVERAL tubs of green mag in the past, excellent product! Their grape wrath eaa is my go to because it has betaine in it as well!

OP if you fall in that small % of ppl who have that issue SNS has other options of creatine other than monohydrate.