Shoulder tendinitis

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haven't been able to bench or do shoulders in 4 weeks, doctor said it's just tendonitis, but I can't lift my hand with weight over my head. He prescribed me pregnisone for it... anyone have idea of recovery time or what helps with healing or rehab?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flexatril made a huge difference with my Achilles tendinosis. Might be worth a shot. Or BPC-157, if you don't mind pinning.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would try bpc, but anymore the legitimacy of peptides is questionable. Who knows what you are getting its unfortunate

compan

compan

Awards
Some anti-inflammatories and some light rehab work at home. Do the motions and slowly add resistance over time. It's unfortunately a process. Not rushing into it is the best thing you can do.

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
That's a fair amount of time. I'd seek a n opinion from a physical therapist as to what is causing it and likely some form of rotator cuff injury / strain.

I'd also push for an MRI if it doesn't improve with anti inflammatory drugs.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's a fair amount of time. I'd seek a n opinion from a physical therapist as to what is causing it and likely some form of rotator cuff injury / strain.

I'd also push for an MRI if it doesn't improve with anti inflammatory drugs.
All of this....I have had great luck with physical therapists...
They should be able to give you a better idea of what is going on and hook you up with some stability exercises.

Other than that...don't know how you feel about Ostarine but that is an option..

Transdermal Laxogenin too...just layer that sh1t right on there!

JordanTwitch

Awards
Transdermal Laxogenin too...just layer that sh1t right on there!
Does transdermal laxogenin help with this kind of stuff? I know there is data to suggest ostarine does but I've never heard of laxogenin helping.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does transdermal laxogenin help with this kind of stuff? I know there is data to suggest ostarine does but I've never heard of laxogenin helping.
I can't really be sure...kind of worth a shot if you can find a good deal on a transdermal. This past winter when I had shoulder issues, I used Ostarine and I got better quite quickly...of course I don't really know if it may have gotten better on its own at the same rate anyway.

Either way; I kind of do all I can to heal up as quickly as possible when I have a lingering strain etc. I hate it when injuries hold me back in the gym..

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What tendon are we talking about here? Usually for pain with overhead work, we're talking about rotator cuff issues, but do you know which rotator cuff muscle?

For many people, soft tissue work (Active Release Technique, Graston, etc), plus rehab work (rotator cuff work with a band, particularly external rotation work, light high-rep bamboo bar work, mobilization like shoulder dislocations with a dowel, etc) will go a long way towards helping. A good physical therapist or chiropractor could help with this. Just make sure you go to someone with experience working with injuries like this...a PT who does 99% of their work with geriatrics or a chiro who only cracks people's backs and does nothing else won't be helpful.