Help for a 42 year old Ectomorph

Civa

Awards
All, I have an urgent request.

I am 42 years old, 6' 2", and between 160 to 170 lbs, have always had a high metabolism, and am essentially an ectomorph.

I have always been under weight, and am a HARD gainer, now matter what I do.

I am about to start a regimen of Iyengar yoga (because, no fake spiritual bull****, only stretching, alignment, and posture), have found a rolfer, and will be looking into trigger point.

Now is the part where you all come in:

I have purchased an Injex 30 liquid injector, for the explicit purpose of a supplement program. I was at first looking at ipamorelin and testosterone, however I have heard Ipamorelin isn't actually that helpful, and that GHRP may be a better choice, due to appetite increase, etc. That is how I stumbled upon this.

I am looking for a peptide, anabolic, testosterone program that will help, and am inquiring whether lgr3 IGF-1 is a better and more effective choice, or should I be looking at GHRP, or even somethings like this HGH formula I have found.

Coupled with this, I also require dietary advice, as to what is best to also help the effectiveness of whatever program is advised, and what work out regimen is suggested as well.

I don't want to be huge, however I do want to be fit, flexible, increase my energy levels, and gain at least 25 lbs of muscle, putting me to my ideal weight.

Think somewhere between dancer and gymnast.

I am in desperate need of assistance on this, and am visiting every forum possible for assistance, as every seems to want to LOSE weight, but theres no one like me, having difficulty GAINING weight for muscle mass.

I thank you all in advance.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just eat more. No need to get all crazy with drugs. Sounds like you need a coach though. Maybe spend your money on that. Ask around locally I bet you could find a good one.

Civa

Awards
I think you're missing the ectomorph part.
As in, I can eat all I want. it doesn't gain me anything. Are you an ectomorph? can you understand how it's frustrating and annoying to hear that?

Civa

Awards
And I've wasted money on coaches before. They have turned out to be both a waste of money and time.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Can you share your diet with everyone just so we know what you're already doing? Not doubting you individually but I've heard many many claims like this and it turned out the person just didn't fully understand the nutrition or thought they were eating a lot but it was really not much.. Again, not doubting you personally but its something we should be able to cancel out

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I've wasted money on coaches before. They have turned out to be both a waste of money and time.
Just have to find the right one. Ectomorph just means you don't eat enough, or you workout too much for your caloric intake.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ectomorphs are not immune to the laws of thermodynamics, they just play with a different set of numbers than most.

If your metabolism is high, eat more. Caloric dense foods. Daily.
You will gain weight, and if you do not, I'd ask your doctor and not us tbh.

I don't think you are ready for AAS

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm copying and pasting from what I posted in the other thread/s,

There is one thread started in each of these sections- Injury, Training, Nutrition, and Supplements.

Civa

Awards
Wow. Where can I start? I eat constantly. Omelets, chicken, spinach, pasta are my favorites. I snack all throughout the day, and, something I will address when I answer the elitists below me, I can burn calories sitting still. I've never sat and kept a diary of my intake, at least not since the divorce. It has been this way since I was a child. People kept saying I would gain when I got older. Well, I'm 42, though I don't look it, and I still haven't gained. I have actually been losing.

Tuna. I forgot tuna on whole wheat. I will eat an entire can, which equals to about 4 sandwiches, in one sitting.

Civa

Awards
Just have to fine the right one. Ectomorph just means you don't eat enough, or you workout too much for your caloric intake.

Again, I am not going to waste money on a trainer that is designed to slow down the process to milk me for as much as they can get out of me.
I used to have a gastro intestinal issue, as a child. I couldn't move my bowels. my stomach stuck out like a starving Ethiopian child.

Doctors after doctors, intake and hospital stay after hospital stay.

You know who solved it?

Me.

I started doing 200 sit ups a day, and then was able to get my intestines in order to control them myself.

So, no, I am not going to waste time and money on a trainer that sees me as a continuous paycheck. It's only in their best interest to draw out the process, not mine.

Civa

Awards
Ectomorphs are not immune to the laws of thermodynamics, they just play with a different set of numbers than most.

If your metabolism is high, eat more. Caloric dense foods. Daily.
You will gain weight, and if you do not, I'd ask your doctor and not us tbh.

I don't think you are ready for AAS

I think you're a elitist and shouldn't be giving advice if you don't know how to ask questions.

This is me being polite.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think you're a elitist and shouldn't be giving advice if you don't know how to ask questions.

This is me being polite.
I think everybody is more than entitled to their own opinion,

This is me also being polite :)

I did come in here aiming to help, it's just not a common entrance to make to shut down the initial responses, such as mine which I still see nothing wrong with upon re-reading (other than my smart-ass manner coming through)
Aim was humour there, not to offend.

Civa

Awards
I think everybody is more than entitled to their own opinion,

This is me also being polite :)

I did come in here aiming to help, it's just not a common entrance to make to shut down the initial responses, such as mine which I still see nothing wrong with upon re-reading (other than my smart-ass manor coming through)
Aim was humour there, not to offend.
That's your problem: you see nothing wrong with your valueless response. Your aim wasn't humor. Your aim was elitism. If you have nothing to actually offer, you're really not needed here.

I have no time to waste on the egos of others, especially when I have asked for specific advice.

I also don't have time for someone to try to save face when accurately called out.

If you had meant humor, and planned to offer real advice, you would have.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My advice was essentially to eat more,
Good luck with other methods though brother :)

Oh and the AAS cant be discussed here, those questions require a new thread.

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
You have no idea how many calories you consume in a day or what your macro profile looks like and have never followed a serious training program, yet you come into AM (and every other forum you could find) plastering your issue on multiple boards and then respond to everyone who even attempts to offer you advise with hostility and condescension. You sound like a real d1ck... good luck with that.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have no idea how many calories you consume in a day or what your macro profile looks like and have never followed a serious training program, yet you come into AM (and every other forum you could find) plastering your issue on multiple boards and then respond to everyone who even attempts to offer you advise with hostility and condescension. You sound like a real d1ck... good luck with that.
I second this! Holy cow Civa! What gives with the attitude man?! The people that have given you suggestions are well respected here! Wow!

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
I think you're missing the ectomorph part.
As in, I can eat all I want. it doesn't gain me anything. Are you an ectomorph? can you understand how it's frustrating and annoying to hear that?
Somatotyping has pretty much been proven to be bull. Not trying to be that guy but it's an outdated/inaccurate study. However even if you do prescribe to this belief the guy who created it (Sheldon something or other) even says it's possible to change somatotypes.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Wow. Where can I start? I eat constantly. Omelets, chicken, spinach, pasta are my favorites. I snack all throughout the day, and, something I will address when I answer the elitists below me, I can burn calories sitting still. I've never sat and kept a diary of my intake, at least not since the divorce. It has been this way since I was a child. People kept saying I would gain when I got older. Well, I'm 42, though I don't look it, and I still haven't gained. I have actually been losing.

Tuna. I forgot tuna on whole wheat. I will eat an entire can, which equals to about 4 sandwiches, in one sitting.
How about the portions with each? We can't really determine how optimal your intake is if we don't know how much.

And just in my opinion for me to gain weight red meat is a staple, for example if I'm bulking my main food choices are beef, eggs, oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, with varieties of vegetables, stuff like that and in considerable portions 5-6 times a day

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You solved your other problem before, so why ask others for advice?. Sounds like the doctors tried to help, yet you didn't listen. "We" tried to help here and you aren't listening, you are just shooting down everyone's suggestions.

Civa

Awards
Somatotyping has pretty much been proven to be bull. Not trying to be that guy but it's an outdated/inaccurate study. However even if you do prescribe to this belief the guy who created it (Sheldon something or other) even says it's possible to change somatotypes.
Please explain, as I have seen time and again the fact they are accurate, but can be changed with work and constant maintenance.
In other words, an endomorph can be an ectomorph (sort of) if they use lighter weights and fast reps, and increase their cardio and stretching.

However, if they change their diet, increase their weight, and lessen their cardio, they easily go BACK to endomorph.

So, I am wondering why you would say this, and what the parameters were to disprove it.

Civa

Awards

I didn't say I never followed one, I stated I have not since the divorce.

Kind of happens when you're struggling to get out of a debt hole dug by a sociopath.

When I was younger, I consumed approximately 2100 to 2700 calories per day, however I was told I was also burning off MORE than that (I actually trained for seals, and was doing the 26 mile run every other day. I was told I had 6% body fat, and was eating my muscle, due to not having enough fat to fuel me. I STILL have approximately 6% body fat, and I am nowhere near as active as I was then.)

Civa

Awards
You solved your other problem before, so why ask others for advice?. Sounds like the doctors tried to help, yet you didn't listen. "We" tried to help here and you aren't listening, you are just shooting down everyone's suggestions.
Incorrect.

I didn't take YOUR suggestions. Again, I am not here to coddle your ego. You asked no questions (Unlike your colleagues) and offered nothing.

You need to get over yourself.

Civa

Awards
I second this! Holy cow Civa! What gives with the attitude man?! The people that have given you suggestions are well respected here! Wow!
It's not my fault if they take offense to an accurate response to their LACK OF assistance.

That sounds like a personal problem that is not mine.

Again, I am not here to coddle egos. Look at how I responded to those that actually asked real questions, and you will see I am justified in having no patience with someone's know it all ego.

Civa

Awards

You need to get over the fact you didn't get to be god of the thread, as well as this desperate attempt to get everyone "on your side"

It's sad. I deal with narcissists and trolls every day. You're not being helpful, unlike your other colleagues that have actually asked questions, and you're pretty much displaying butt hurt, because what I stated was accurate.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I didn't say I never followed one, I stated I have not since the divorce.

Kind of happens when you're struggling to get out of a debt hole dug by a sociopath.

When I was younger, I consumed approximately 2100 to 2700 calories per day, however I was told I was also burning off MORE than that (I actually trained for seals, and was doing the 26 mile run every other day. I was told I had 6% body fat, and was eating my muscle, due to not having enough fat to fuel me. I STILL have approximately 6% body fat, and I am nowhere near as active as I was then.)
I feel you on the divorce, man, freshly recovering from one still.

We're not unaccustomed to seeing guys on here consuming 6k+ to gain weight, who would also not classify themselves as you have.

I just can't stress enough how inevitable weight gain is if you eat enough. People's idea of "enough" are vastly varying though.
It's common to see guys claiming to "eat a lot" that are also under-consuming calories.

I can see that being seen as "obvious" or even unhelpful, but everyone needs to be told. 99% of the time that is the solution.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've perused the link you provided. I will look further into it. Now you're helping. Thank you.
It wasn't a link. I tagged him, thinking he might be able to help you out. He hasn't come in the thread yet though, so maybe he hasn't seen it in his notifications yet.

Civa

Awards
I feel you on the divorce, man, freshly recovering from one still.

We're not unaccustomed to seeing guys on here consuming 6k+ to gain weight, who would also not classify themselves as you have.

I just can't stress enough how inevitable weight gain is if you eat enough. People's idea of "enough" are vastly varying though.
It's common to see guys claiming to "eat a lot" that are also under-consuming calories.

I can see that being seen as "obvious" or even unhelpful, but everyone needs to be told. 99% of the time that is the solution.
One of the reasons I am interested in lr3 IGF-1 and GHRP, is I recognize my appetite has slowed, due to circumstances, which is not good, for someone with such a high metabolism and low body fat ratio, as myself.

However, I used to eat A LOT, and was just asked this holiday how I could eat so much, and had to explain my high metabolism. I really do not gain weight. it's frustrating, when you want to gain 20 to 25 lbs of muscle, and have been trying to do this since high school.

Think about this: Since 1990, I have been attempting to gain, and have done nothing but lose. When I go shopping for clothes, I can't buy off the rack, because they expect me to be short and fat, or tall and fat, or short and thin. My neck is like a 17, I think. My arm length is insane, and my inseam is about a 34. but my waist is 30, MAX. And my waist is actually up from 28, when I was younger.

Civa

Awards
It wasn't a link. I tagged him, thinking he might be able to help you out. He hasn't come in the thread yet though, so maybe he hasn't seen it in his notifications yet.
Whichever. I will take all actual help under consideration, of course.