TB 509/ BPC 157 for prevention/pre surgery?

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey all,

I might have a labrum tear and I have TB 500 and BPC 157 on hand. I won't know until next week when I get an MRI. But say I will need surgery, would it be beneficial to start pinning before hand? My thinking was start 1 or 2 weeks before surgery to get saturation up. Ideas?

Also has anyone ever used these for prevention? Like just taking them both year round?

miamifunk

miamifunk

Awards
Ive only used for a month or two and had significant improvement w golfers elbow and shoulder impingement. Have had 3 shoulder surgeries. I would definitely run it. Not sure if you can year round without a break but it will def help

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive only used for a month or two and had significant improvement w golfers elbow and shoulder impingement. Have had 3 shoulder surgeries. I would definitely run it. Not sure if you can year round without a break but it will def help
Thanks for your input! What shoulder surgery type did you have it I may ask?

miamifunk

miamifunk

Awards
Ive had a labrum tear correction and then a laterjet procedure that failed and correction. The first in 2006 and the other two in 2016

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive had a labrum tear correction and then a laterjet procedure that failed and correction. The first in 2006 and the other two in 2016
Dang that's rough. What was your dosing? I'm thinking 3mg e3d of TB 500, and 200mcg BPC 157 3x a day.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And did you only useTB 500 or BPC as well?

miamifunk

miamifunk

Awards
i used both 150mcg of bpc157 dont remember the tb dose but it does work mate

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i used both 150mcg of bpc157 dont remember the tb dose but it does work mate
Sweet man thanks! I'm going to throw up a log on it as well for people to have experience with it as a prehab. Figure I'll use my lab rat for the benefit of others haha

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Works good.
I've used it now on even what feels like a reacuring lower ab injury.( sub q on top of injury)
Lower back tweak (right side of tail bone inner glute IM)
Freinds have used it on knees and elbows.
Works well.
Very amazing stuff.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can just sub q both a week before surgery to get it in your body.
I sub q 5 mg a month after my injuries heal as maintenance.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

I might have a labrum tear and I have TB 500 and BPC 157 on hand. I won't know until next week when I get an MRI. But say I will need surgery, would it be beneficial to start pinning before hand? My thinking was start 1 or 2 weeks before surgery to get saturation up. Ideas?

Also has anyone ever used these for prevention? Like just taking them both year round?
I guess I wouldn't take it before surgery.... if it's not gonna fix the injury and you still need surgery, why waste it?

post surgery would be the way to go, IMO.

FWIW, I ran some BPC after a significant shoulder surgery I had, and my shoulder is now better than my "good" one. prolly a combo of a good surgeon, me working my butt off in PT and the BPC...