MK-677

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not much talk about this over here but maybe someone is thinking of trying it and if so what's stopping you?

I'm going to order some and run it for about 3-6 months. I'm debating doing blood work before or during to see how high it boosts things. I'm wondering will it boost GH above normal for me or just up to about where I was at 19-22 years old so we will see how things play out soon enough.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
There is some good info on MK-0677 on Dat's forum. Personally I won't be running it after reading the information on one of his posts. Why you ask? Because of desensitization. I'm not going to copy and paste the information, Dat hates that crap and i'm one of few who actually respect his wishes. I do however recommend joining his forum and reading the thread "Growth Hormone Secretagogues". Also, It has a 24 half life... So your bodies first pulse might be pretty big, then later on the second pulse who knows and the third pulse who knows.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check that out.....there is a guy running it over at the NTBM forum who is noticing a great leaning effect. Just don't think/know if it's worth the $99 a month.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm interested in it, bit I'm looking for more feedback on it before taking the plunge.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Damn this killed it

The stimulatory effect of MK-677 on mean GH concentrations in the 8 h after drug administration declined between the first and fourth day of drug administration, although the fourth day value was still significantly greater than baseline. This decline may indicate desensitization to the GH stimulatory effects of the drug and foreshadow an eventual loss of stimulatory effect. Alternately, and probably more likely, it may result from negative feedback effects of IGF-I on GH secretion. There is evidence that IGF-I acts at pituitary and/or hypothalamic sites to suppress GH secretion (36, 37, 38, 39). The negative feedback effects of IGF-I would be expected to increase as circulating IGF-I concentrations increase in the days to weeks after starting MK-677 treatment. This would eventually result in a new set point at which IGF-I and GH concentrations are higher than at baseline, but GH concentrations are lower than immediately after initiation of treatment. Such changes have been reported in beagle dogs treated with oral MK-677 for 2 weeks (40).

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Inspection of the GH profiles suggested that MK-677 increased serum GH concentrations by enhancing the preexisting pulsatile pattern of GH release. This was supported by the results of cluster analysis, which revealed a significant increase in GH peak height without change in peak number. Interpeak nadir GH concentrations were also significantly increased by MK-677 treatment. We have previously administered a compound related to MK-677 (L-692,429) to healthy older subjects by continuous 12- and 24-h intravenous infusions and assessed pulsatility by deconvolution analysis (17). We have also administered daily oral MK-677 to healthy older subjects for up to 4 weeks and assessed GH pulsatility by the cluster and ultra algorithms and deconvolution (35). There is agreement among all methods and studies that these compounds increase circulating GH concentrations by increasing the size, but not the number, of existing pulses, and that despite an increase in interpulse GH concentrations, GH secretion remains pulsatile. This enhancement of GH pulsatility occurs whether these compounds are administered continuously as intravenous infusions or as daily administrations of the long-acting compound MK-677. This suggests that these compounds amplify the normal signals responsible for episodic GH release. This could occur via relief of an inhibitory effect, such as that of somatostatin, enhancement of a stimulatory effect, such as that of GHRH, or a combination of both.

full study

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/82/10/3455.full

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of β-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Methods: A double-blind, multicenter study was conducted in which 563 patients with mild to moderate AD were randomized to receive MK-677 25 mg or placebo daily for 12 months. Efficacy measures were mean change from baseline at month 12 on the Clinician's Interview Based Impression of Change with caregiver input (CIBIC-plus), the cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-Cog), Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL), and the Clinical Dementia Rating-sum of boxes (CDR-sob).

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ≤20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.

To me this indicates that the desensitization does not compound over time. That is a fairly large sample of patients and they actually had higher IGF-1 levels at 12 months than they did at 6 weeks.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Dat has is own forum? Mind telling me what it is? I loved his stuff a few years back when he did his initial write up and a couple other guys helped out a lot.

jayice

Awards
Dat has is own forum? Mind telling me what it is? I loved his stuff a few years back when he did his initial write up and a couple other guys helped out a lot.
type datbtrue and let google do the walking. :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess this stuff was a bust?

TR2

Awards
Damn this killed it

The stimulatory effect of MK-677 on mean GH concentrations in the 8 h after drug administration declined between the first and fourth day of drug administration, although the fourth day value was still significantly greater than baseline. This decline may indicate desensitization to the GH stimulatory effects of the drug and foreshadow an eventual loss of stimulatory effect. Alternately, and probably more likely, it may result from negative feedback effects of IGF-I on GH secretion. There is evidence that IGF-I acts at pituitary and/or hypothalamic sites to suppress GH secretion (36, 37, 38, 39). The negative feedback effects of IGF-I would be expected to increase as circulating IGF-I concentrations increase in the days to weeks after starting MK-677 treatment. This would eventually result in a new set point at which IGF-I and GH concentrations are higher than at baseline, but GH concentrations are lower than immediately after initiation of treatment. Such changes have been reported in beagle dogs treated with oral MK-677 for 2 weeks (40).
Sorry to resurrect this super old thread but....

If you were to pulse mk-677 by taking 2-3 times a week after your hardest workouts, would this still be somewhat beneficial while avoiding negative feedback effects? I know it won't be as beneficial as a continuous cycle, but would it help at all? would it hurt?

JJB1

JJB1

Awards
Absolutely! MK-677 gives over a dozen low wave hgh pulses in a 24 hour period from one sublingual oral dosing. Everyday use will gradually elevate serum Igf1. HGH goes extremely high at first until the negative feedback loop kicks in, then it gradually goes lower as igf1 increases. By using it eod you should get a very high serum hgh secretion but your Igf1 will not elevate nearly as high as with everyday use.

JJB1

JJB1

Awards
In my opinion, MK-677 is the most convenient, cost effective, and powerful way to get your serum igf1 through the roof, along with damn near constant HGH secretion by way of a dozen HGH pulses. All you need is one oral sublingual 25mg dose of MK-677 per day to equate to approximately 5ius of HGH. The cost is about $1.50 a day.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Am very interested in running MK-677 after a pro hormone pre-competition cycle. Would like to try it throughout the summer to see its leaning effects. Would MK-677 be tough on someone with moderate adrenal fatigue? If anything wouldn't more growth hormone production produce healing effects in suboptimal organs? Anyone ever try Blue Sky Pep MK?

MaXopA

MaXopA

Awards
Will MK-677 bring any advantage when one's already optimizing his HGH release by fasting everyday from 16 to 18 hours?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Im not fasting for that length of time no way Jose. My cortisol levels would be outrageous.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to resurrect this super old thread but....

If you were to pulse mk-677 by taking 2-3 times a week after your hardest workouts, would this still be somewhat beneficial while avoiding negative feedback effects? I know it won't be as beneficial as a continuous cycle, but would it help at all? would it hurt?
Am very interested in running MK-677 after a pro hormone pre-competition cycle. Would like to try it throughout the summer to see its leaning effects. Would MK-677 be tough on someone with moderate adrenal fatigue? If anything wouldn't more growth hormone production produce healing effects in suboptimal organs? Anyone ever try Blue Sky Pep MK?
Will MK-677 bring any advantage when one's already optimizing his HGH release by fasting everyday from 16 to 18 hours?
The Engineer

Drop Set

Awards
I am running MK-677 from JJ. It is an excellent product.

I am older, and my GH as measured via IGF-1 is low, even for my age.

I basically am on GH replacement for life. I run 3 iu's of GH e2d. People will say that that amount is a waste, but for me that is absolutely not true. After 1 year I have gotten many good results.

In regards to the MK-677, I take a month off of my GH replacement and run the 677 twice a day for 1 month. Then I go back on GH. I run 400 mgs of test/week 9-10 months out of the year.

After 3 weeks I am getting sick pumps. I eat like a pig (I do insane intensity cardio and my labs are all good).

After 1 month on the 677 I then go back to my GH replacement program.

That way, I get around the feedback issue. I have no relationship with JJ, except buying 677 from him. I met him on another forum which is a scammer forum. The mods there are paid off to protect scammers, one of which burned me.

I say that to make clear that I am in no way a shill. I run stuff and then give honest feedback.

The 677 is a very good product. Every time there is a b1g1 sale I stock up.

I know that it probably looks bad that I made a first post promoting a source....I would call bull**** if the roles were reversed.

Nonetheless, I really like 677. The way I use it removes the problem of de-sensitization.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Actual GH therapy needs to be pulsed in a low dose about 1IU every 3-4 hours.

MK677 only proves that if you dose a GHRP high enough it will be effecitve orally.

You could just do 100mcg of GHRP-2 with 100mcg of Mod GRF (1-29) and save yourself the hassle.

Drop Set

Awards
Actual GH therapy needs to be pulsed in a low dose about 1IU every 3-4 hours.

MK677 only proves that if you dose a GHRP high enough it will be effecitve orally.

You could just do 100mcg of GHRP-2 with 100mcg of Mod GRF (1-29) and save yourself the hassle.
There have been several recent studies that de-bunk the need for multiple dosing throughout the day/night.

One looked at GH dose scheduling in children. They found that dosing every other day (e2d) elevated IGF-1 just as much as daily dosing. It also retained more natural GH production.

I don't see dosing 2 compounds instead of 1 as lessening hassle.

However, I am definitely interested in your recommendation regarding GHRP-2/GRF. I am very much a newb regarding peptides, and you seem to have some expertise.

Would you be kind enough to unpack your recommendation more?

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There have been several recent studies that de-bunk the need for multiple dosing throughout the day/night.

One looked at GH dose scheduling in children. They found that dosing every other day (e2d) elevated IGF-1 just as much as daily dosing. It also retained more natural GH production.

I don't see dosing 2 compounds instead of 1 as lessening hassle.

However, I am definitely interested in your recommendation regarding GHRP-2/GRF. I am very much a newb regarding peptides, and you seem to have some expertise.

Would you be kind enough to unpack your recommendation more?
Hey here is a great thread to review on peptides Grayson can answer all your questions.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/262625-perpetual-incineration-ironchamp.html#post4790183

Drop Set

Awards
Follow up: I have been running MK-677 for a month now, stacked with test @400 mgs/week. I am constantly hungry, even though I down 5k calories day.

I am getting wicked pumps, way more than if running 400 mgs of test. Hands and feet get numb.

In regards to de-sensitization, I have 6 kits of HK grey tops inbound that have been testing extremely well.

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Numb hands and feet? What are you dosing, 25mg/ed of MK-667?
Are you using Huperzine-A as a Somatistatine "inhibitor"? 100-200mcg/ed could be interesting as a slight inhibitor.
I'm also going to use 677 in near future, have to wait for my Pramipexole and Huperzine-A and some further stuff.

Drop Set

Awards
Prami? I only use it to prevent deca dick. Actually, I only make and use NPP.

I have heard good things about Huperzine, but no I have not used it.

As I get older, I am prescribed more meds. 6 months ago, I developed high BP. I am extremely fit, train very HIT on weights (over 80% VO2Max...I take no rest between set) and in multiple martial arts. My cardio is insane for a Geezer. The BP issue is because I am small framed. I was designed to be 175 lbs, but I am 231.

The point is, I want to limit the amount of drugs I takes. Test, Mast, AI's/SERMS/HCG/GH are plenty when added to the drugs I have been prescribed. My liver/kidney's and other organs have to metabolize everything.

I run MK-677 for a month or so when stop using real GH. T/A for HK and his new grey tops is 6 weeks.

Have to say that I am very, very pleased with MK-677. BTW, I primarily get the numb feet @ 50mg/ed.

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good! MK-677 will also increase prolactine, so I will use 0.125mg/ed Prami for cuple of days to be on the safe side (in the studies, prolactine increased. If you are interested, I will upload the measured data tomorrow/today).
And Huperzine-A will increase the effect of 677. But I agree with you: we should keep the drugs on a minimum amount.

Drop Set

Awards
Interesting. I did not know that. I am careful w/ prami because it makes me a compulsive shopper.

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established

Drop Set

Awards
Lord, the authors of the study in English need to tighten up their abstract. For example, table # 2 shows the increase in IGF-1 of 75 ug/L caused by 50 mg's of 677. That result should be upfront.

Interesting, 10 mg's caused a 50 ug/L boost. I think I will drop to 24 mg's.

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, so true. I also won't go up over 25mg per day. Should be enough.

Drop Set

Awards
Dosing TID (25/25) I got sick pumps. Way more than I would from just 400 mgs of test. However, feet started getting numb.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
How is vascularity and shredding effects on MK? Is running MK-677 just as good as stacking Ipa with CJC No DAC? I want leaning effects with running GH peptides not really looking for a lot of water retention. Also what is the reasoning behind MK having water retention.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back up. How about some updates

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using MK-677 with some other compounds. Some points:
- Little improvement of skin
- main point: ENORMOUS regeneration (probably because of the combination with the anabolic compounds)
- very deep sleep (nearly instantly sleeping. my sleep is naturally very well but with MK-677 I sleep like a stone. That has its positive and negative effects. The REM-phase are much longer that means when the alarm clock rings you will feel like it's 4 a.m. in the morning insted of 6-7 a.m. But once you woke up after some minutes you are full of energy. Further more, the Ghrelin is very potent and the hunger in the morning (if taken before bed) is enormous. Made some tests and took the MK-677 during the day. There was no sleepiness or dizziness as expected).

This are some point of my 25mg/ed experiment. The prolactin didn't raise that dramatically and there was/is no need for Pramipexole (but I have it for the worst case). Just taking some Vitamine B6 in higher dosage, should be enough.
I'm very surprised - positively. Will use it probably again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice ;)

Lexonis

Lexonis

Awards
I'm also new to this MK-667 started for a week ago. Taking about 13mg sublingual in the morning and 13mg before bed for 7 days straight now but will do 5 on and 2 of this week.

I get one day with exhaustion tiredness halfway trough my workout and I do even take Craze first version and get awesome workouts but it does not help. And some days the exhaustion and tiredness is not there. Does any one here know the reason for that and will this go away after some weeks ?

Maybe I should just try to does 25mg in the morning or at bedtime...

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Why are you taking it twice per day? Once is enough.
There are some suggestions when to take it:
- pre-bed
- 1h pre-bed
- after waking up
- at lunch

Shouln't play a big role if taken with food or not. But I personally prefer taking the MK-677 pre-bed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Read

muscle inc.

Awards
Want to take the plunge and run mk-677 for 2-4 months. Nervous about finding a legit source because there are so many options with a Google search. I have also found two company's selling caps, DNA and chem-tek labs. Would rather take caps than nasty tasting research liquid but obviously want the best quality above all else, so willing to go either direction. Could someone point me in the right direction, if against the rules then through pm? Would be much appreciated!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm also new to this MK-667 started for a week ago. Taking about 13mg sublingual in the morning and 13mg before bed for 7 days straight now but will do 5 on and 2 of this week.

I get one day with exhaustion tiredness halfway trough my workout and I do even take Craze first version and get awesome workouts but it does not help. And some days the exhaustion and tiredness is not there. Does any one here know the reason for that and will this go away after some weeks ?

Maybe I should just try to does 25mg in the morning or at bedtime...
I'd guess low blood sugar. Unless your diet is identical on those workout days, and glycogen stores are identical from your diet the day before. It should resolve with increased cals if this is the case.

Why are people doing this twice a day though?

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
I suspect your bedtime recommendation is just too foolproof and simplistic to be taken seriously. :)
Haha, sometimes users are thinking: it's impossible to be so easy. Normally, you have to inject a GHRH three times a day... I have to "optimize" that :D

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Blackstone just came out with a product that looks interesting

Lexonis

Lexonis

Awards
I'd guess low blood sugar. Unless your diet is identical on those workout days, and glycogen stores are identical from your diet the day before. It should resolve with increased cals if this is the case.

Why are people doing this twice a day though?
I'm not sure just read some recommendations on several treads on elitefitness.com about the split dose but screw pre-bed I'm gona dose 25mg pre workout from now on.