food after igf1 r3?

mark29

Awards
hi guys,just wondering what you guys take staright after your igf1 r3 shots.i myself dont know if im taking in the right carbs.straight after training i shoot 40mcg split into 20 each muscle trained.straight after that i drink 60g whey protein,10g of creatine and 2 bannanas.do ye think this is enough carbs or the right kind of carbs? and do you wait a few minutes to take in your food or straight after the shots?

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Depending upon how I feel, I will usually wait a few minutes before I eat. But if I am in the first few weeks of the cycle, I will eat as soon as possible after I shoot because I get very hypoglycemic (symptoms: dizziness, mental fog, etc.).

Two bananas should be around 50-70g of carbs and with the amount of igf that you are shooting, that should be fine imo. However, if you find yourself either hypoglycemic or very lethargic afterwards you need to try one of two things:

1. Try "quicker" carbs. Bananas have a fairly low glycemic index so it might not hit your bloodstream quickly enough causing you problems. Try something like waxy maize starch, gatorade, etc.

2. Add more carbs. If you switch to faster hitting carbs and are still having problems, simply eat more carbs.

Good luck with the cycle. :cheers: It should be fun.

mark29

Awards
thanks rhyno!i think i will get something like gatorade allright,as well as taking the bananas.cant go wrong with both id say.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
When I did IGF over the summer, I was always tired as hell after my shots. I tried to keep my carbs high and it seemed to work pretty well. I noticed that about midway through my 2nd week the tiredness I felt seemed to go away.

mark29

Awards
allright off the topic of food, what were yer gains like at the of the cycle.is it true that you loose lots of fat even without restricting calories?its only my first day starting and i want to use the igf by itself.i also read that muscle gains arent that great with igf, is this true?

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
As far as gains go, IGF is no where near AAS in terms of immediate gains. It did lean me out some and I probably gained about 3 pounds. But IGF is not meant to put to slabs of muscle on you. Its more of a "down the road" type deal. After a few months, you WILL notice that the muscles you have been pinning will grow and become fuller. I have seen this quite a bit with my tris and calves. IMO, I think you need to run it a few times to really see some results.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
I have leaned out a touch while on IGF and put on maybe 2 lbs. but he is totally right about the long term muscle gains, I've also noticed this in my arms and chest. imo IGF is not best used during cutting though, there is risk as it goes systemic so i'd rather over eat a bit to get as much new muscle cells as possible. pretty damn hard to put on fat though when on IGF at >40mcg a few times a week. its not big gains, its very slow and steady but they are gains you'll keep, which is not always what happens with aas.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
1 large banana is about 50g carbs. I'd down a gatorade or pick up some maltodextrin/waxy maize and take your post w/o shake immediately. a decent split would be 50g post w/o and within the hour having the banana. orange gatorade w/ vanilla protein FTW!