Slin-Sane v2

Page 14 of 18 First ... 1213141516 ... Last

  1. Every body is different. I hope you can figure it out. It shouldn't matter with SSv2 whether you are taking simple or complex carbs. I generally don't have issues with crashing.

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    I suspect it is because of Na-R-ALA. I took two caps, so it is 286mg of Na-R-ALA. In the past, before a heavy carb meals I have taken the following combo:

    NOW's: one serving 1.5g white kidney beans.
    Nature's Way: one serving (260 mg Gymnema extract (leaf), 75% Gymnemic acids, 50 mg Gymnema (leaf)).
    USPLabs: one serving SuperCissus 1600 mg.
    Doctor's Best: one serving Cinnamon (CinnulinPF) 125mg.
    Doctor's Best: one serving Na-R-ALA 100 mg.

    I have noticed that whenever I took Na-R-ALA, I would feel sleepy after a meal, despite the fact that the meal was pretty heavy on simple carbs (around 200 grams, maybe more). Maybe it is a combination of Na-R-ALA and other stuff in the SSv2, or maybe since I follow a low-carb/IF diet all week and only consume a lot of carbs on a weekend, maybe Na-R-ALA drops my blood sugar too much. Any ideas?
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF


  2. Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    I suspect it is because of Na-R-ALA. I took two caps, so it is 286mg of Na-R-ALA. In the past, before a heavy carb meals I have taken the following combo:

    NOW's: one serving 1.5g white kidney beans.
    Nature's Way: one serving (260 mg Gymnema extract (leaf), 75% Gymnemic acids, 50 mg Gymnema (leaf)).
    USPLabs: one serving SuperCissus 1600 mg.
    Doctor's Best: one serving Cinnamon (CinnulinPF) 125mg.
    Doctor's Best: one serving Na-R-ALA 100 mg.

    I have noticed that whenever I took Na-R-ALA, I would feel sleepy after a meal, despite the fact that the meal was pretty heavy on simple carbs (around 200 grams, maybe more). Maybe it is a combination of Na-R-ALA and other stuff in the SSv2, or maybe since I follow a low-carb/IF diet all week and only consume a lot of carbs on a weekend, maybe Na-R-ALA drops my blood sugar too much. Any ideas?
    Going off of Sarah's post above, I usually crash hard without a GDA taken prior to a carb-laden meal, so to hear of the opposite in your case would mean that the action against simple carbs is either too much, or not enough for you. It's true that the type of carb doesn't necessarily matter. But you may want to consider either decreasing the amount of carbohydrates and still taking 2 caps, or take 1 cap and the 200g to see how you react.

    That's a ton of simple carbs to take at once, though, IMHO.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    No, TTA is best suited for higher fat meals. I think it was suggested before the two higher carb meals based on the assumption that those would be the two biggest meals of the day period. If you are eating a clean diet, you might not have any high fat meals.
    TTA improves insulin sensitivity. It's merit in fat burning isn't really a function of acute ingestion of dietary fat.

  4. ....
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. I think sns still sells it.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

    •   
       


  6. Oops..

    I thought it was pulled from the market? I guess that never panned out? Or is still in the process?
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Oops..

    I thought it was pulled from the market? I guess that never panned out? Or is still in the process?
    We have ceased production but the ingredient is still out there at retailers and such. I'd stock up ASAP if you haven't already

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    We have ceased production but the ingredient is still out there at retailers and such. I'd stock up ASAP if you haven't already
    I hope you don't get plowed by the sno man
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)

  9. I have been taking 1 capsule of SSv2 before bed and can confirm that I need to get up around 5 a.m. (sometimes a little later) because I really need to go and a lot comes out. Any ideas why? I do not drink a lot of water pre-bed. It seems to works a little better then SSv1 in terms of making the midsection feel tighter in the morning.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    I have been taking 1 capsule of SSv2 before bed and can confirm that I need to get up around 5 a.m. (sometimes a little later) because I really need to go and a lot comes out. Any ideas why? I do not drink a lot of water pre-bed. It seems to works a little better then SSv1 in terms of making the midsection feel tighter in the morning.
    The jiaogulan does offer cleansing properties, and with a number of toxic and excess agents secreted through the urine (excess biotin is actually one), it may explain the increased urination or frequency.

    Users who have reported of this (two, that I know of, were getting up a few times/night) also report that it subsides over time.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    The jiaogulan does offer cleansing properties, and with a number of toxic and excess agents secreted through the urine (excess biotin is actually one), it may explain the increased urination or frequency.

    Users who have reported of this (two, that I know of, were getting up a few times/night) also report that it subsides over time.
    I had to get up to pee in the middle of the night the first two times I took SSV2 before bed. Since then is has been business as usual.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I had to get up to pee in the middle of the night the first two times I took SSV2 before bed. Since then is has been business as usual.
    I am still getting up. Today at 4:30 am, for example. Has anyone tried taking 2 capsules pre-bed? Is it a good idea?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by John33
    I am still getting up. Today at 4:30 am, for example. Has anyone tried taking 2 capsules pre-bed? Is it a good idea?
    I would only recommend 2 caps before a very high Carb meal. Something like 120 grams or more.

  14. on the subject of SS2 taken before bed, how does its recomp effects compare to the OG.?
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    on the subject of SS2 taken before bed, how does its recomp effects compare to the OG.?
    So your grammar seems much better on AM then bb, hmmm...

  16. awe deebs!!! miss ya budday
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    awe deebs!!! miss ya budday
    Glad to hear you are still in one piece!!!

    I haven't tried ssv2 pre bed yet (still have half a bottle of ssv1). I have been doing 2 ssv2 during the daytime and 1 ssv1 pre bed.

  18. i have about 20 ss1s left... im thinking ahead..
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    i have about 20 ss1s left... im thinking of head..
    hopefully of receiving and not giving lol

  20. touche', played me like a fiddle...
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

    I would only recommend 2 caps before a very high Carb meal. Something like 120 grams or more.
    Like a few slices of pizza?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Like a few slices of pizza?

    Yeah, that was one use. I would caution against taking it before meals that are really high in fat as it tends to shuttle nutrients of all kind, including carbs and fat. Pizza is a good use but you still need to be careful before you murder a pizza buffet. I eat a lot of Mexican food, so SSV2 was perfect for that diet since everything is so carb-intensive.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    on the subject of SS2 taken before bed, how does its recomp effects compare to the OG.?
    Couple of users report that the effects are more pronounced... The majority of people who use it at that time say there's nothing lost between the versions.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D

  24. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    on the subject of SS2 taken before bed, how does its recomp effects compare to the OG.?
    given the nature of jiaogulan I would say they are greatly improved


  25. i made an order this morning... 1 SSv2 and... a DCP... amiexcite?
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx
    i made an order this morning... 1 SSv2 and... a DCP... amiexcite?
    You should be. I love the v2!!! I think next time put the decimate in. I'm loving it so far!!!
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

  27. Quote Originally Posted by sawa3

    You should be. I love the v2!!! I think next time put the decimate in. I'm loving it so far!!!
    This has become a staple for many
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)

  28. Slin Sane v2 is the real deal, people...

    Woke up this morning to see this unbelievable feedback on the brand new Slin Sane v2

    Update from one of our off-board SS testers... He was testing fasted, immediately pre-SS, 15 mins. after SS, then 15 mins. and 60 mins. post-meal. Numbers were consistent over 3 weeks, but I asked him to test again at 3 hours post-meal this past week...

    35g Whey, 1 cup OJ, 1 cup Oats (35g P / 80g C)
    Pre SS2=94 mg/dL
    15 min after SS2=114
    15 min post meal=125
    60 min post meal = 96
    3 hours post meal = 86

    6 oz Turkey Burger / 1/2 cup brown rice dry (35g P / 60g C)
    Pre SS2=88 mg/dL
    15 min after SS2=102
    15 min post meal=115
    60 min post meal=93
    3 hour post meal=88

    Another day last week I ran this same meal frequency and ran tests without slin sane and got these numbers:

    35g Whey, 1 cup OJ, 1 cup Oats (35g P / 80g C)
    Pre meal=88
    15 min post meal=145
    60 min post meal = 90
    3 hours post meal = 95

    6 oz Turkey Burger / 1/2 cup brown rice dry (35g P / 60g C)
    Pre meal=93
    15 min post meal=132
    60 min post meal = 107
    3 hours post meal = 94

    I can say this stuff leaves me very dry. Especially after high GI cheat meals that would usually bloat the crap out of me. Also, I tried SS on an empty stomach before bed a few times.... wild dreams, deep sleep and woke up ridiculously lean and vascular.

    Hats off to you, you’ve got a great product here!
    Absolutely incredible!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone
    Slin Sane v2 is the real deal, people...

    Woke up this morning to see this unbelievable feedback on the brand new Slin Sane v2

    Absolutely incredible!
    What do those numbers represent ?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by dallasboy22

    What do those numbers represent ?
    Pretty sure blood sugar?

    Very good info. I think this sold on me trying it. I still have 2 ssv1 left!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. slin sane
    By mikey00843 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Log in
Log in