Marriage......An open discussion.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I figure we need a nice and healthy marriage discussion here on AM. :)

I'll start........How many of you guys can't stand the wife when driving? Now i say this because my wife likes to yell at me when i feel the need to curse out some moron that has no clue on driving in general. If it were up to my wife......everyone would be happy all the time. LOL :blink:

The passenger driver mentality KILLS ME!!! :hammer:

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I am the opposite. I am the one yelling at the farging ice-holes that cant drive! My husband has this zen approach to driving lol.. or he like, jedi mind tricks cars to move away

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am the opposite. I am the one yelling at the farging ice-holes that cant drive! My husband has this zen approach to driving lol.. or he like, jedi mind tricks cars to move away
Lol.....I can't even hear in my right ear half the time because the wife is driving in the passenger seat....NOT!! :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
not married.... yet

but im definitely zen-like when driving. I always know what the other drivers are going to do before they make the move..so im always a step ahead. never been in an accident (knock on wood)... my gf on the other hand.... ill be on the phone with her and shes screaming at someone in another car... i always tell her 'they cant hear you!'... i just get annoyed when im on the phone and shes screaming at someone.
I had a job once where i drove over 1k miles a week in a cargo van. that taught me a lot about patience and always anticipating other peoples moves.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I cus drivers out alot, I think the mrs agrees with me. She doesn't like the tailgating so much :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
My wife and I both share in the passion of screaming and gesturing at the extreme cases of ineptitude displayed by open mouthed knuckle draggers who shouldn't even sit behind a computer moniter without a helmet.

I do follow the Zenish type thing most of the time. Anticipation has saved me from numerous potential collisions; many times involving a big rig. Some of them truckers are just askin to get dragged out of the cab for a smackdown,lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thbe funny thing is that my wife and I are both transplanted Long ISlanders, and with that have the NY mentality. With that said, she screams yells, etc... however when I do it she yells at me, she is always afraid I will be violent (which hasnt happened in 14 years). A lovely dichotomy in marriage

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
marriage is seriously overrated... the sanctity of marriage is dead... i'd rather just have a live in girlfriend who keeps her own apartment.. its easier and less headaches

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
marriage is seriously overrated... the sanctity of marriage is dead... i'd rather just have a live in girlfriend who keeps her own apartment.. its easier and less headaches
I can appreicate those that feel that way. In all honesty though, i really enjoy marriage. Yes, it has its issues and headaches, but overall it's worth it in everyway to me.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not married.... yet

but im definitely zen-like when driving. I always know what the other drivers are going to do before they make the move..so im always a step ahead. never been in an accident (knock on wood)... my gf on the other hand.... ill be on the phone with her and shes screaming at someone in another car... i always tell her 'they cant hear you!'... i just get annoyed when im on the phone and shes screaming at someone.
I had a job once where i drove over 1k miles a week in a cargo van. that taught me a lot about patience and always anticipating other peoples moves.
While i did grow up in new england traffic, i was always taught to be a defensive driver. I really am for the most part, however there are the occassional times that some complete moron does something and i flick them off. :aargh: Is it right? Probably not, but i do feel better afterwards. :D

Driving in florida is SCARY at times, as i'm sure you've experienced too dave lol!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of the charachteristics i love about my wife is she likes football(College and Pro) and baseball. It makes going to and watching games SOO much easier. :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought this thread was going to be about Open Marriage.

sickos.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
youll feel that way until you meet the right girl. as sappy and sterotypical as that sounds... im sure most married people will agree with that. I was the most anti-marriage person until i met my current gf. All my friends make fun of me for it now bc i was never in a relationship that lasted more than 6 months (I got bored with boring women).. things change thou.
my girl is very intelligent and she understands the importance of hard work and dedication. She comes from a similar background as I do, so shes not a cash-cow.
She does stupid things all of the time that annoy the utter crap out of me...but i couldnt see myself without her... my point is that you eventually meet someone that you can overlook their faults and truly appreciate the sanctity of marriage.

One of the charachteristics i love about my wife is she likes football(College and Pro) and baseball. It makes going to and watching games SOO much easier. :D
my gf is a bigger college football fan than I am... UM all the way!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm not a screamer when driving because they can't hear me. I hate when someone else is in the car because I'm the one who gets punished listening to it!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought this thread was going to be about Open Marriage.

sickos.
I'll tell you this.......there are a ton of them down here in florida. I actually just recently found out that one of my friends and his wife are that way. I guess some people are into it, but that's certainly not my bag.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my gf is a bigger college football fan than I am... UM all the way!
NOOOOOOOOO.........UF baby!!! :D

Hey they play each other this year up in gainesville. I believe it's like september 6th.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a screamer when driving because they can't hear me. I hate when someone else is in the car because I'm the one who gets punished listening to it!!!
C you sound just like my wife lol.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
NOOOOOOOOO.........UF baby!!! :D

Hey they play each other this year up in gainesville. I believe it's like september 6th.
Ill be there!!! let me know if youre headed to G-ville for the game.
My older bro just graduated UF MBA program... damn,... what a city full of hippies.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill be there!!! let me know if youre headed to G-ville for the game.
My older bro just graduated UF MBA program... damn,... what a city full of hippies.
I'm going for sure! The wife and i are going to buy a UF canopy to do some serious tailgating up there this year. I'll hit you up when the time gets closer. It should be a great time bro!

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
I'm going for sure! The wife and i are going to buy a UF canopy to do some serious tailgating up there this year. I'll hit you up when the time gets closer. It should be a great time bro!
:clap2: Good to see other Gator's here. We tailgate for every home game. T-minus 91 days until kickoff...I can't wait.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2: Good to see other Gator's here. We tailgate for every home game. T-minus 91 days until kickoff...I can't wait.
Yes sir! The wife and i hope to be up for both the hawaii and miami games. GO GATORS!! :woohoo:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Massachusetts drivers screw up all of New England with their cereal box licenses. There are so many accidents here. It is crazy. People are two damn aggresive, rushing to and will honk at you if you don't press on the gas within 5 seconds of the light turning green!.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I'll tell you this.......there are a ton of them down here in florida. I actually just recently found out that one of my friends and his wife are that way. I guess some people are into it, but that's certainly not my bag.

HAHA guilty ... ish... not fully..

but to comment on what was said before. I never EVER thought I would get married. I am very much addicted to myself lol and getting attention etc... but at the same time.. i do have a part of me that was screaming for love without conditions. Took me about 6 years to figure it out that my best friend was actually that man. We totally know each other's faults, problems, and we talk like no other relationship i have ever known. I thought I would hate being married but that part of me is dead! I still get to go to the bars and clubs.. still have guys pay for my drinks.. but.. now they pay for two.. cause i head right back over to my hubbie with the second!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My wife and I equally yell at other people while driving. It's funny as hell, really. I never thought I would get married, but it was the absolute best decision of my life. Seriously, she is my best friend, lover and rock. She pushes me to be better.
I'm blessed to have her.

OooooooKay...

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
I'm in a marriage like relationship, it's nice.. gonna have to buy a ring soon though (it's been 8 years, HAH).

Anyways, I leased a stick shift car because she can't drive those. It recently backfired though when we took a road trip down to California (we live in Vancouver BC) so I drove the whole way down and back up.

But she is squackin about driving so when the lease runs out, I'm gonna have to get an automatic. It was a nice ding and scratch free run though...

:D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally cant imagine that. the thought of my wife and someone else, angers me in many ways. However, if people wanna do that, more power to them.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally cant imagine that. the thought of my wife and someone else, angers me in many ways. However, if people wanna do that, more power to them.
Me either my friend.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAHA guilty ... ish... not fully..

but to comment on what was said before. I never EVER thought I would get married. I am very much addicted to myself lol and getting attention etc... but at the same time.. i do have a part of me that was screaming for love without conditions. Took me about 6 years to figure it out that my best friend was actually that man. We totally know each other's faults, problems, and we talk like no other relationship i have ever known. I thought I would hate being married but that part of me is dead! I still get to go to the bars and clubs.. still have guys pay for my drinks.. but.. now they pay for two.. cause i head right back over to my hubbie with the second!
Haha, you little devil you. :)

Yeah my buddy just brought up the swinger thing oneday out of the blue when we were out drinking after a red sox game. At first i thought he was kidding, but he was dead serious.

This is an accurate portrayal of what my face looked like: :blink::eek:

I mean i guess some people are into it, and that's fine, but i couldn't even fathom the thought.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me either my friend.
Its funny, I know that both my wife and I had pasts prior to our meeting, but after all these years we have both gotten past it. However, I cant imagine how people can do tghat. it would be interesting if there was someone here who was in that lifestyle. I would be interested in their take on it.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its funny, I know that both my wife and I had pasts prior to our meeting, but after all these years we have both gotten past it. However, I cant imagine how people can do tghat. it would be interesting if there was someone here who was in that lifestyle. I would be interested in their take on it.
If i recall correctly there was a thread way back that discussed stuff like this. I remember there being quite a few people that lived the lifestyle.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, hey to each his own, but WOW

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say we are swingers.. but we both have a very active physical side to us. but we aren't going to bars and stuff to mee couples. we aren't closed to the idea and we have done things inthe past but we have known the people for some time.. its complicated. lol too be honest it would be easier if we weren't that way but we try to calm it down as best as we can because we do want the idea of wife and husband to mean something a bit more than how we were while just bf/gf.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Seems like the word "marriage" has been redefined. It seems to have been altered (like everything else is these days) to accommodate the "whatever works for me" attitude. Sex outside of marriage, even if both parties are consenting, is simply the beginning of the end. Seems like I remember hearing a word for it.........oh yeah, adultery. I've been married for almost 11 years now and it gets better all the time. I have an awesome wife.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to keep it simple and all works out just fine. :)

My wife truly is my eveything and makes me a better person overall. While i've only been married for just over 2 years, i've already learned a lot about what a good marriage is.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
you are right.. the meaning has been changed to fit the times. and it always changes. at one point to be married meant nothing more than joining farms together in a buisness like setting. There was even a job one could hold that would be paid to have sex with the wife or husband during that time. Love, in most areas of marriage, has nothing to do with anything. Marriage for love is something that is very new.. in the time line of humanity.

The begining of the end of a relationship of any kind are lies. Truth and honesty are the only ways a relationship will ever beat out the 1 out of ever 2 ends in divorce statistic. If you are honest with not only your partner, but with yourself about who you are, what you like, what you need, then you will both be very fulfilled in your bond. If one wants to get biblical with it.. one can say that it is the man's right to give away his wife to any man he wishes.. infact.. it was almost expected as an act of hospitality... but then again.. as you said It seems to have been altered (like everything else and it these days):)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the irish "Claddagh Ring" portrays it nicely.

The heart: Love

The hands: Friendship

The crown: Loyalty and trust.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I can appreicate those that feel that way. In all honesty though, i really enjoy marriage. Yes, it has its issues and headaches, but overall it's worth it in everyway to me.
X2 I never thought it could be this amazing but it would be complete hell with the wrong person!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Seems like the word "marriage" has been redefined. It seems to have been altered (like everything else is these days) to accommodate the "whatever works for me" attitude. Sex outside of marriage, even if both parties are consenting, is simply the beginning of the end. Seems like I remember hearing a word for it.........oh yeah, adultery. I've been married for almost 11 years now and it gets better all the time. I have an awesome wife.
Blah blah blah.....remember when you point the finger ....there are three pointing right back at you!:fool2:

You are entitled to your opinion though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Redefined my hynee!. If these people want to cheat on each other and God than they will have their place in the lake of fire. I agree it is the begining of the end.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are right.. the meaning has been changed to fit the times. and it always changes. at one point to be married meant nothing more than joining farms together in a buisness like setting. There was even a job one could hold that would be paid to have sex with the wife or husband during that time. Love, in most areas of marriage, has nothing to do with anything. Marriage for love is something that is very new.. in the time line of humanity.

The begining of the end of a relationship of any kind are lies. Truth and honesty are the only ways a relationship will ever beat out the 1 out of ever 2 ends in divorce statistic. If you are honest with not only your partner, but with yourself about who you are, what you like, what you need, then you will both be very fulfilled in your bond. If one wants to get biblical with it.. one can say that it is the man's right to give away his wife to any man he wishes.. infact.. it was almost expected as an act of hospitality... but then again.. as you said It seems to have been altered (like everything else and it these days):)

You have issues. READ THE BIBLE.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

This is exactly the kind of women that I don't want.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets keep this civil guys/gals and not point fingers here. To each their own, and we should all accept that. We all have our own beliefs on any given topic.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I figure we need a nice and healthy marriage discussion here on AM. :)

I'll start........How many of you guys can't stand the wife when driving? Now i say this because my wife likes to yell at me when i feel the need to curse out some moron that has no clue on driving in general. If it were up to my wife......everyone would be happy all the time. LOL :blink:

The passenger driver mentality KILLS ME!!! :hammer:
driving with my wife I can handle ... what I have trouble with is the excessive use of 'like' after she has a couple of drinks in her ... I love the woman to death, but if I had to take a shot for every 'like' I hear, I would be under the table mid-story ... I can only imagine what things I do that she bares with day in and day out :toofunny:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lol T-Bone.

I agree Trauma, everyone has their freedom to have their marriage operate in the method they choose.

One of my mom's friend's has a wife that he never sees and stays married to her for health insurance reasons. I'm sure that there are many other marriages out there that tremendously lack substance.

At the same time, the title of the thread says 'open discussion' so if I feel that Squeaks4ever is a derty/attention wh0re that is just part of the open discussion, that's all. (I mean that with the best intentions too).

Everyone on this thread is just bouncing their opinions, good, bad, whatever, that's all.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have issues. READ THE BIBLE.
Perhaps you should really read the bible, and note the utter mass of disgusting things that occur, not only condoned but ordered by that fraud of a "moral" being you call god.