Official NFL Football Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Official NFL Football Thread


    Ok sports fans, here's the place to talk about how much the Steelers suck!!

    BTW I'm not the biggest NFL fan around, I'll probably stick to the college ball thread.


  2. All I know is the Raiders better do better than they did in pre-season...







  3. Aww. how nice.

    Well, I didn't know if the thing on TV tonight was a football game or a teen concert. My god, just kick the ****ing ball off. They always have to turn things into a damn circus.

    Anyhow, I thought the game was too boring, but still a game. The jets done funked up w/ getting rid of all those players, and will now pay.

    ....And thats all I have to say about that.

    --(FG)
    •   
       


  4. Just like college football, Florida has all the teams. Tampa Bay rocks, Miami looks very impressive and Jacksonville has some skills as well. Im more of a Fin fan being from Miami and all but I also like Tampa alot. Sapp is the ****.

    But the seasons just begun so well see how **** works out.

    Redskins balled pretty good tonight against the Jets. Good game.

    db

  5. THe Hawks'
    We going 10-6, NFC wildcard, and into the second round of the playoffs. Now that Tampa got a championship, Seattle might just be the saddest NFL franchise ever......not anymore
    Sage

  6. Big Florida fan

    Born in Dallas but lived in the MIA for 12 years...Big fan of 'Da Boys, Fins, Bucs, Gators and I have ties with UM

    The only team I really don't care about is FSU

  7. Steelers baby!!! Best wide recieving duo in the business. Now as long as our secondary holds up we have a chance to make a run at the Super Bowl!!! And as long as no more of our players get shot in the buttocks!!!

    I have to like football, its my job!!!!!!!

  8. Denver Bronco's, 19-0, Jake the Snake MVP. You heard it here

  9. Steelers?!?!!? They aren't even the best team in the state!

    E
    A
    G
    L
    E
    S


    EAGLES!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  10. Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    Denver Bronco's, 19-0, Jake the Snake MVP. You heard it here
    Stop smoking the crack pipe.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  11. I'd be surprised if Jake the Snake has a good year. He has the receivers and the tailback, which he's NEVER had. New type of offense. He has the tools, I just don't know

    If anyone wins the MVP on the Broncos, it'll be Portis

    Steelers have STUD wide receivers and frankly, prob are the best combo

  12. No one has laid out their SuperBowl Prediction. Mine isnt a prediction, but a certainty.

    Best regular season record:
    AFC: Miami
    NFC: Tampa

    Superbowl:
    Eagles - Patriots

    Champs:
    Eagles

    Sage

  13. Super Bowl - Texans vs. Lions - Ends in a tie, 0-0, neither team could score.


    That is what I love about the NFL and why every other league should model themselves (as a business) after them. There are 10 teams right now that I think could legitimately win the Super Bowl. I love the competitive balance. Media revenue sharing works wonders. You hear that MLB, I mean Steinbrenner and Turner!!!

  14. Originally posted by sage
    THe Hawks'
    We going 10-6, NFC wildcard, and into the second round of the playoffs. Now that Tampa got a championship, Seattle might just be the saddest NFL franchise ever......not anymore
    Sage
    No way bro, not over my 49ers. It's gonna be St. Louis 13-3, San Francisco 11-5, Seattle 8-8, Arizona 3-13 (if they're lucky)

    Hey Sage, your Hawks overpaid for Chike Okeafor. He was real ****ty against the run and he's very inconsistent, plus you guys lost Chad Eaton for the year, that'll hurt more than most people expect. Just 'cause Hasselbeck played good towards the end of the year doesn't mean he can suddenly be a great QB like ESPN thinks.

    If the 49ers just had a good CB than they could go toe to toe w/the best of them. My Super Bowl pick is St. Louis 30, Miami 20.

  15. Yeah, I think Miami has a shot too. W/ Fiedler back now, and Williams, and now Seau, plus the other core of LB's, they've definately got a lot to work w/.

  16. Originally posted by Jergo
    Yeah, I think Miami has a shot too. W/ Fiedler back now, and Williams, and now Seau, plus the other core of LB's, they've definately got a lot to work w/.
    *cough*choke*cough*



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. Screw the Dolphins, and really screw the Jets. (=

    Go Patriots & the Raiders. I would be pumped if either one of them went all the way this year. The Raiders were so embarassing in the Super Bowl last year.

  18. RAIDERS

    Live and die by them. Unfortunately I believe there will be more dying than living this year. Too may vets looking foreword to enjoying a fat retirement.

  19. Screw the Dolphins,
    Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
    Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

    Miami runs things!

    db

  20. Originally posted by db682


    Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
    Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

    Miami runs things!

    db
    LOL I didn't say they were going to win.  I just said I want them to win and being a Pats fan I can't stand the Dolphins.  I still guarantee that they lose to the Pats in Dec @ Gilette stadium.  The wittle Dolphins can't handle the cold.

     

  21. or pressure
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. Originally posted by Iron Warrior

    No way bro, not over my 49ers. It's gonna be St. Louis 13-3, San Francisco 11-5, Seattle 8-8, Arizona 3-13 (if they're lucky)

    Hey Sage, your Hawks overpaid for Chike Okeafor. He was real ****ty against the run and he's very inconsistent, plus you guys lost Chad Eaton for the year, that'll hurt more than most people expect. Just 'cause Hasselbeck played good towards the end of the year doesn't mean he can suddenly be a great QB like ESPN thinks.

    \
    IW, your prediction would be respectable if it wasnt for the fact it wont ever happen (kidding)
    Because the NFC West plays such a weak schedule, i wouldnt be suprised if "3" teams came out and made the playoffs from this division. As long as teams like atlanta, greenbay, new orleans dont get in the way...... Both wildcards coming out of one league??? possible. I like your niners.....just not as much as i like the hawks. And ya, we lost couple of key players to injuries (eaton, springs)
    Sage

  23. Do you guys think that Dallas will ever get it together again? That friggin salary cap killed them, which I'm glad. Can't stand the Jones either, what a #$@!@#$

    So, heres Sunday's schedule, whose your picks?

    Arizona at Detroit, 1:00 pm
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 1:00 pm
    Denver at Cincinnati, 1:00 pm
    Houston at Miami, 1:00 pm
    Indianapolis at Cleveland, 1:00 pm
    Jacksonville at Carolina, 1:00 pm
    Minnesota at Green Bay, 1:00 pm
    New England at Buffalo, 1:00 pm
    San Diego at Kansas City, 1:00 pm
    St. Louis at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 pm
    Atlanta at Dallas, 4:15 pm
    Chicago at San Francisco, 4:15 pm
    New Orleans at Seattle, 4:15 pm
    Oakland at Tennessee, 8:30 pm

    Monday's game
    Tampa Bay at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm
    ______________________________ ___________________________

    I'm gonna go w/--
    Detroit, Pitt, Den., Miami, Ind., jax, GB, NE, KC, NY, ATL, SANfran, NO, Ten.
    and Phili for monday.

  24. Winners
    Arizona
    Denver
    Miami
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    San Diego
    St. Louis
    Dallas
    Chicago
    Seattle
    Tennessee
    and Baltimore by 10

  25. [QUOTE]Originally posted by Jergo
    [B]Do you guys think that Dallas will ever get it together again? That friggin salary cap killed them, which I'm glad. Can't stand the Jones either, what a #$@!@#$

    So, heres Sunday's schedule, whose your picks?

    Arizona at Detroit, 1:00 pm
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 1:00 pm
    Denver at Cincinnati, 1:00 pm
    Houston at Miami, 1:00 pm
    Indianapolis at Cleveland, 1:00 pm
    Jacksonville at Carolina, 1:00 pm
    Minnesota at Green Bay, 1:00 pm
    New England at Buffalo, 1:00 pm
    San Diego at Kansas City, 1:00 pm
    St. Louis at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 pm
    Atlanta at Dallas, 4:15 pm
    Chicago at San Francisco, 4:15 pm
    New Orleans at Seattle, 4:15 pm
    Oakland at Tennessee, 8:30 pm

    Monday's game
    Tampa Bay at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm
    ______________________________ ___________________________
    zona, pitt, denv, miami, indy, car, GB, NE, KC, NYFootball Giants, Big D, SF, SEATTLE!!!, Tenn, Tampa

    And ya, i think dallas be contenders in 2 years. Parcells is a good fit there..... Hutchinson is ass but i thought he was a better fit for that offense than carter for this year. No doubt, both will get PT to prove who's worse Prediction: 6-10
    Sage

  26. Oh the haters, the haters!!


    Originally posted by sage
    And ya, i think dallas be contenders in 2 years. Parcells is a good fit there..... Hutchinson is ass but i thought he was a better fit for that offense than carter for this year. No doubt, both will get PT to prove who's worse Prediction: 6-10
    Sage

    Sage, I think Dallas shoula picked up Kordell man. They could of really used him. Instead the Bears did, I wanna make sure I check that game out cuz I wanna see how he does. BUMP on Parcells, he's a beast. literally!

  27. Here's my week one picks. DOn't get excited now you gambling junkies
    Detroit 20 Arizona 17
    Pittsburgh 26 Baltimore 14 (Baltimore better pray Boller is the real deal)
    Denver 38 Cincinnati 19 (Jake Plummer will look like a steal for this week because he's facing the Bengals, than back to reality next week)
    Miami 37 Houston 10 ( Miami's good in September & Houston really needs an O-line)
    Indianapolis 41 Cleveland 30 (most entertaining game of the day)
    Jacksonville 24 Carolina 12 (J'ville can be the surprise team of the year)
    Green Bay 27 Minnesota 20
    Buffalo 26 New England 23 in overtime (Lawyer Milloy's revenge)
    San Diego 31 Kansas City 20 (Boston and Tomlinson are too good for K.C.'s defense)
    St. Louis 28 Giants 20 (The Rams are back)
    Atlanta 13 Dallas 7 (Boring game, but Dallas has nothing to score with)
    San Francisco 31 Chicago 21 (Dennis Erickson will unleash T.O.)
    New Orleans 27 Seattle 23 (Sorry Sage, they won't stop Deuce & Aaron Brooks)
    Oakland 35 Tennessee 23 (Don't let their age and the preseason fool you)
    Tampa Bay 19 Philadelphia 14

  28. BABOOOOOOM!!!!!! 34 - 15 F

    My main man Plex..... Can you say a$$ reeming?

  29. The Lions won!! I haven't been able to say that very often over the past few seasons.

    ~Todd

  30. Heh yeah, there were some other upsets today to. Bills shutout NE!!, Minn beat GB!!, was watching the Oak./Tenn. game, but for some damn reason my cable shut off.

  31. Originally posted by destro19
    Winners
    Arizona
    Denver
    Miami
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    San Diego
    St. Louis
    Dallas
    Chicago
    Seattle
    Tennessee
    and Baltimore by 10
    damn 5 for 14!!!!! and my ravens were murderd. they will still take the AFC north.

  32. How about them Steelers?? We take a shot in the arse and still come out on top!!!! Next week will be a good test for the Steelers playing in Kansas City. See what they can do against a team that can actually move the football. I have no doubts about their offense anymore, I am still shaky on their secondary though.

  33. Originally posted by csakiges
    How about them Steelers?? We take a shot in the arse and still come out on top!!!! Next week will be a good test for the Steelers playing in Kansas City. See what they can do against a team that can actually move the football. I have no doubts about their offense anymore, I am still shaky on their secondary though.
    No doubt dude, totally agree. KC will have us on our toes, the real test comes. Scott and Washington boy, I dunno about them, why not try Palamalu out in SS? I think Washington is better than Scott though.

    csakiges, what part of NE Ohio are you from, I'm probably really close to you bro.

  34. Originally posted by Jergo
    Heh yeah, there were some other upsets today to. Bills shutout NE!!, Minn beat GB!!, was watching the Oak./Tenn. game, but for some damn reason my cable shut off.
    bills/Pats is no upset--the bills are legit--superbowl bound in buffalo

    (and just before the comments roll in--i said bound not won)

    the pats aint sh*t--miami lost to houston and vinny testaverde is a ruined old man--the billls have the lock in the east

  35. Miami who?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  36. Do you ever shoot across the boarder and head to Mountaineer? I love that place. I have been there about a half dozen times or so. I know exactly where you are at. I used to play baseball in East Liverpool Ohio all the time when I was on a local traveling team.

  37. Damm that parity, I was 7-7 on my picks. Gotta say I was impressed w/my 49ers even though it was the Bears they spanked. If their defense plays like they did this week they'll be a threat. WHAT"S UP W/MIAMI, can't believe they got beat by the Texans, Wannstedt and Fiedler's jobs aren't too secure IMO, time to bring in Griese. Fiedler has been very overrated IMO, Miami wins because of it's defense not Jay Fiedler.

  38. Originally posted by csakiges
    Do you ever shoot across the boarder and head to Mountaineer? I love that place. I have been there about a half dozen times or so. I know exactly where you are at. I used to play baseball in East Liverpool Ohio all the time when I was on a local traveling team.
    Yeah, I've been wanting to go there but haven't had the chance just yet. I know a dude that won $5000 there one time. He was a lush though, so you know where it went.

    Yeah, the liverpool courts, I gotcha.

  39. Originally posted by csakiges
    How about them Steelers?? We take a shot in the arse and still come out on top!!!! Next week will be a good test for the Steelers playing in Kansas City. See what they can do against a team that can actually move the football. I have no doubts about their offense anymore, I am still shaky on their secondary though.
    the ravens didnt run enough. But, former raven, priest will run ALL OVER ****ZBURG.
  40. Talking


    Originally posted by destro19


    the ravens didnt run enough. But, former raven, priest will run ALL OVER ****ZBURG.
    LOL Yeah, it should be a good game!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4030
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
  4. Official Member Acknowlegment Thread ! ! ! !
    By Zombie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 06:17 PM
  5. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Log in
Log in