Official NFL Football Thread

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Iron Warrior

I think my A's are ready for an ALCS showdown with da Bronx bombers & I like their chances.
They have to get past my Sox first though.  Although I gotta tell you I don't have a good feeling against the A's. I would rather have had to play the Yankees first.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

I hope they let him go so we can pick him up. Looks like Purple Haze will finally get a receiver next year. if we can keep the D and keep others from stacking against Jamal then we should be diesel next year. We still could win the division this year.
Sorry Destro, not gonna happen, although I'd rather have him sign with an AFC team. According to the local media, Terrell Owens will end up in Atlanta, Philadelphia, or possibly Tennessee.

1. Atlanta has his former WR coach George Stewart who has been the only coach he liked at San Francisco. Not mention Michael Vick would be unstoppable with T.O. & Peerless Price. Needless to say watchout Tampa.

2. He has mentioned he desired playing with Donovan McNabb because he believes McNabb has the strongest arm in football.

3. He strongly believes Tennessee is one playmaker away from the Super Bowl. He views himself as that playmaker. He also has ties to the Tennessee area because he played college at Chattanooga, TN.

I guarantee you all if Eddie DeBartolo was the owner, T.O. would be under contract for the next 5 years. Eddie D always did keep his players happy with $$$ under the table. Too bad this new moron ( John York ) knows jack **** about football. He has also seeked adviced from Mike Brown ( Bengals deadbeat owner ) of all people :( . Looks like 49ers empire is about to collapse.

destro19

destro19

Awards

Sorry Destro, not gonna happen, although I'd rather have him sign with an AFC team. According to the local media, Terrell Owens will end up in Atlanta, Philadelphia, or possibly Tennessee.

1. Atlanta has his former WR coach George Stewart who has been the only coach he liked at San Francisco. Not mention Michael Vick would be unstoppable with T.O. & Peerless Price. Needless to say watchout Tampa.

2. He has mentioned he desired playing with Donovan McNabb because he believes McNabb has the strongest arm in football.

3. He strongly believes Tennessee is one playmaker away from the Super Bowl. He views himself as that playmaker. He also has ties to the Tennessee area because he played college at Chattanooga, TN.

I guarantee you all if Eddie DeBartolo was the owner, T.O. would be under contract for the next 5 years. Eddie D always did keep his players happy with $$$ under the table. Too bad this new moron ( John York ) knows jack **** about football. He has also seeked adviced from Mike Brown ( Bengals deadbeat owner ) of all people :( . Looks like 49ers empire is about to collapse.
It collapsed when 16 went to Kc. Then there was hope untill 8 took a shot and went down like like a TOB. If we dont get TO we can still get some one in the off season.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

It collapsed when 16 went to Kc. Then there was hope untill 8 took a shot and went down like like a TOB. If we dont get TO we can still get some one in the off season.
Very true Destro, Montana, Young, Rice, & Lott were the gift of the football God's to the 49ers. Now we have a very overrated and overhyped team IMO. Garcia is solid but he ain't in Young or Montana's level. The only hope is if they finally start Kevan Barlow full-time & give him 25 carries a game, he'd turn a lot of heads if this happened.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Today was a very frustrating day. I'm a midwestern transplant to Southern California and I was excited that my lowly Detroit Lions were playing the 49ers in the late game. I made it home from church in time for the game, and Fox puts on the Redskin vs. Eagles game. I live 6 or 7 hours from San Francisco and my Fox channel is from Los Angeles so I know it's not a NFL blackout thing.

~Todd

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fuckin 49ers shooting themselves on the foot. T.O. can't be dropping 3 passes a game, he would have taken one of those for TD. This one hurts 'cause they would have been 3-3 and only half a game behind Seattle. If the holder can remember to do his fuckin easy ass job than the game would have been tied 20-20, if Hearst can hold on to the ball than maybe the get in position for a game winning field goal. They're playing more like the old Raiders who had good talent but found ways to beat themselves :mad:

BTW, thanks to parity we have Carolina at 5-0, Dallas 4-1, K.C. 6-0, Minnesota 5-0. Just weird if you ask me, didn't think any of these would have a prayer w/the exception of K.C.

I liked the days when Eddie DeBartolo would just sign anyone he wanted kinda like the Yankees do, but damm that salary crap :mad:

PC1

I'm liking the Patriots of late. They're playing very well in light of all the injuries they've sustained and have looked very good against both Tennessee and the Giants.......both very physical teams.

Belichick has engineered very effective plays to exploit opponents weaker areas. Very smart.

Sunday against Miami will be a real test for them. The Pats have never, EVER beaten Miami at Miami during the months of September or October in the history of the franchise...... dating back to the 1960's.

What do you think, db682?

;)

PC1

Patriots beat Dolphins by 6 in OT......... With all their injuries, somehow they just manage to win. Great job today.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah baby, 49ers did it. Stomped Tampa Bay 24-7. They also missed 3 field goals so it could have been worse. Never seen Tampa's Defense get dominated like today. 253 passing yards and 212 rushing yards for the 49ers. Terrell Owens finally broke out of his slump with a huge day. I hope this is the type of game that turns a team around. If they go 5-2 down the stretch than they may make the play-offs. This is also huge because it would give them a tie-braker edge over Tampa Bay if they had to fight for the last spot.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
jets in 2 in a row! YAY chad comes back soon. Uh, Giants are horrible and that's good because I hate the Giants they are my least favorite team. I hate the patriots but not as much as the fins, I needed the patriots to win so the fins wouldn't have a great record going into their normal slump-time. GO jets maybe the patriots and the dolphins will falter again and we can once again get lucky :)

destro19

destro19

Awards
Yeah baby, 49ers did it. Stomped Tampa Bay 24-7. They also missed 3 field goals so it could have been worse. Never seen Tampa's Defense get dominated like today. 253 passing yards and 212 rushing yards for the 49ers. Terrell Owens finally broke out of his slump with a huge day. I hope this is the type of game that turns a team around. If they go 5-2 down the stretch than they may make the play-offs. This is also huge because it would give them a tie-braker edge over Tampa Bay if they had to fight for the last spot.
I know the ravens lost but at least we had an excuse. There was none for Tampa they were just hammered. It looks as if we're going to have a hard time having Marvin in the division since he knows the defensive personnel so well.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

I know the ravens lost but at least we had an excuse. There was none for Tampa they were just hammered. It looks as if we're going to have a hard time having Marvin in the division since he knows the defensive personnel so well.
Marvin is gonna turn thingd arouns in Cincinnati. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I would be worried if I were the Ravens two years from know. All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.

Destro, if Kyle Boller pans out, your team will be a serious contender 2-3 years from know as long as they stay healthy and keep their nucleus from signing with another team. IMO they should have traded down a little and drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Carson Palmer. Palmer only had one good year which could have been attributed to Pete Carroll and his offensive guru Norm Chow. On the other hand, Leftwich had a kick ass career, and has incredible potential. Just my 2 cents

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'm am now banning myself from this thread. Now I must go kill myself after I drink a case of Iron City.

destro19

destro19

Awards

Marvin is gonna turn thingd arouns in Cincinnati. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I would be worried if I were the Ravens two years from know. All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.

Destro, if Kyle Boller pans out, your team will be a serious contender 2-3 years from know as long as they stay healthy and keep their nucleus from signing with another team. IMO they should have traded down a little and drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Carson Palmer. Palmer only had one good year which could have been attributed to Pete Carroll and his offensive guru Norm Chow. On the other hand, Leftwich had a kick ass career, and has incredible potential. Just my 2 cents
Boller is 100% better than Chris Scared-man. I hope we can win atleast 2 games with Wright.

BTW It looks like the free agent pool on recivers is going to be good this year. Johnson, Boston and possibly Owens. We may get the guy we need.

destro19

destro19

Awards

All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.
Looks like Dillon will be in somewhere like detroit or NewEngland next year cause Rudi has taken his job and........ Ran With It. Corny Joke :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm am now banning myself from this thread. Now I must go kill myself after I drink a case of Iron City.
It's all good bro, at least they're not the Atlanta Falcons.

Hey Destro, the 49ers may keep T.O. after all. There's rumore in the media that the 49ers will dump Jeff Garcia so that they can keep T.O. and Julian Peterson who also becomes a free agent next year. This would be stupid IMO, they can afford to get rid of Garrison Hearst 'cause they have Barlow, but Garcia is the man.

destro19

destro19

Awards

It's all good bro, at least they're not the Atlanta Falcons.

Hey Destro, the 49ers may keep T.O. after all. There's rumore in the media that the 49ers will dump Jeff Garcia so that they can keep T.O. and Julian Peterson who also becomes a free agent next year. This would be stupid IMO, they can afford to get rid of Garrison Hearst 'cause they have Barlow, but Garcia is the man.
We will see tommorow if Rat-boy wins Ole jeff may be out.

csakiges

Awards
Ha, the steelers beat the browns. I was at the game. This picture is from the pit. We were got there about 9AM. I wore my gold and black true and proud in the heart of Cleveland. We did some drinking. I met up with about 6 or 7 of my buddies in Cleveland and partied like a rock star. :D It wasn't too bad. I can handle people calling me a-hole, I ask for that wearing that jersey. Nobody stepped over the line with me though (It is also nice to be 6'2" and 235 pounds too). Everyone was pretty cool. There were a couple of steeler fans that got jumped though.

csakiges

Awards
People got a kick out of us. They were yelling your relationship won't work. She had a couch jersey and I had my steelers stuff on. This is us a the stadium. These are not bad pics. for a cell phone.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
not much to say, except... I was IN Lambeau, ON the 50 yard line (scored nearly impossible to get tickets from a friend), watching the '9ers get plugged. even though favre had a bad day they were able to get it done, thanks mainly to the pack defensive line stuffing rattay all day. was an awesome game, I'm a long time san fran guy but since I live in Wis. now I have to be a damn cheesehead... anyway, thought I'd share. talk about tailgating... woah. good times.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
not much to say, except... I was IN Lambeau, ON the 50 yard line (scored nearly impossible to get tickets from a friend), watching the '9ers get plugged. even though favre had a bad day they were able to get it done, thanks mainly to the pack defensive line stuffing rattay all day. was an awesome game, I'm a long time san fran guy but since I live in Wis. now I have to be a damn cheesehead... anyway, thought I'd share. talk about tailgating... woah. good times.
Damm Biggs, your Pack gave my 49ers a good old fashioned ass whupping with their running attack. Can't fuckin believe the 49ers had 2 chances inside the 20 and came away with a punt, and a missed field goal, that's been the story of the 49ers season, which sadly ended yesterday. If Minnesota or Seattle choke than I'll have to watch the Cheeseheads in the Play-Offs, and possibly the Cowboys too :(

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

Damm Biggs, your Pack gave my 49ers a good old fashioned ass whupping with their running attack. Can't fuckin believe the 49ers had 2 chances inside the 20 and came away with a punt, and a missed field goal, that's been the story of the 49ers season, which sadly ended yesterday. If Minnesota or Seattle choke than I'll have to watch the Cheeseheads in the Play-Offs, and possibly the Cowboys too :(
yeah, glad to see they are functioning more effectively now, fumbling less and keeping penalties down, all important stuff when Favre is off his game... felt bad for San Fran too though, always like seeing them get into the playoffs (though, I'm glad I kept with my "non-castration" plan and cheered like a crazy **** for the Pack!). we'll see what happens with the rest of the Vikings games, that Seattle game was insane brother! couldn't believe it when I saw the highlights of that thing, like no points in the first half then an explosion.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Your team will make it Biggs, Favre is too good to be home come play-off time, just make sure Ahman Green holds on to the ball and everything will be okay. Seattle and/or Minnesota are about to implode so that'll help a lot, if both of them implode and the 49ers run the table than they may still get in, but I doubt it.

The Seahawks got flat out robbed, that was high way robbery, imagine how much worse it can get if they remove the replay system.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
The Seahawks got flat out robbed, that was high way robbery, imagine how much worse it can get if they remove the replay system.
they'd better NOT remove replay... that must really **** morale though, I can't imagine what it would have been like in the locker room after the Colts (go Indy!)/ Buccs game where one of the "best defenses in history" fluked out like a million points in the last 4 minutes. they must have been bawling like schoolchildren.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

Buccs game where one of the "best defenses in history" fluked out like a million points in the last 4 minutes. they must have been bawling like schoolchildren.
All that's left of Tampa's defense is their reputation. They flat out underachieved this year. COuldn't make a stop to save their lives.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Thanksgiving is one of the few times a year when I'm proud to be a Lions fan. No matter what their record is, they play like a contendor on Thanksgiving.

~Todd

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fuckin 49ers are killing me, 44-6 is an embarassment. They have dissed T.O. way too much, only 3 catches for 23 yards. I saw him wide open down the field one play and Jeff Garcia dumped it off to Hearst for 5 yards, what kinda **** is that. I give props to the Ravens though, they handled their business. Ray Lewis is the best defensive player in the league, and he showed it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yet another loss chalked up on the board. 4 and 8 now...........wtf man.

Anyhow, our O-line is $hit, our db's are $hit, everyone else is pretty up to snuff. We need to keep Bettis. He still has at least 2-3 years left in his tank. If your O-line can't open up holes, fvcking Walter Payton will be stopped. He still shows that he has speed, agility, etc. for a 256 lb. dude.

IMHO, I think that we should sign at least two or 3 DB's next year. I know that Ty Law is going to be a free agent, would be nice to have him. But, he's getting old now, so who knows.

Also, I hate to say it but, I think we need to get rid of coach Cowher. Sometimes I don't understand the play's he calls, decisions he makes. He leaves a lot to be desired at times.

But hey, I'll quit talking now because who the hell wants to hear about hte steelers anyways? :)

PC1

I'm liking the Patriots........ they manage to win games. I think they're going to the Superbowl this year :)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by db682

Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

Miami runs things!:D

db
Open mouth insert foot LMAO!!!

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
KC exposed as the Chump Frauds. Eddie Kennison can kiss my ass. Portis for President:)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Well the 49ers did good but it's too little too late and it was against the Cardinals.

Denver looked pretty scary but it seems like they play down to the level of lesser teams at times.

Baltimore is looking pretty tough too, I still don't think Anthony Wright has what it takes to get them back to the Super Bowl. My two Super Bowl teams at this moment are the Rams (even though I hate 'em) and the Colts (only team with enough firepower to beat the Pats)

destro19

destro19

Awards

Baltimore is looking pretty tough too, I still don't think Anthony Wright has what it takes to get them back to the Super Bowl. My two Super Bowl teams at this moment are the Rams (even though I hate 'em) and the Colts (only team with enough firepower to beat the Pats)
Wrights no worse the Dilfer and the D is not that far off from 00'. I think the Ravens are a the team to deal with in the AFC. The colts are the new age buffo bills. Miami and Indy won't get past their 1st game in the playoffs. The only team that concerns me is the Pats. I think there the only ones who can stop team Lewis from getting another ring.

csakiges

Awards
I think teams better be sure Denver doesn't make a wild card. I think they have all the tools. They can be a scary team if they make the playoffs. Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!

PC1

A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

But I believe that right now, the Patriots could avenge either of their regular season losses to either KC or Buffalo.

With KC, the Pats didn't deserve to be in the game at the end, but were in a position to win it anyway in spite of injuries, then blew it.

I don't know what the heck happened with their season opener with Buffalo. But I expect their next meeting will end quite differently.

I won't go so far as to say they're going to win the Super Bowl. But I do believe they're going. They play well against the very good teams. I fear they don't take mediocre teams seriously enough, but at 11-2, they're in the playoffs in any event. Home field advantage in their case will be huge.

I also have a lot of respect for Bill Belichick & co. Very shrewd coaching. Whether you like the Pats or not, you have to admire the job Belichick does with them week in and week out. He gives them the plan they need to beat the other team, and they're executing it well now.

csakiges

Awards
This was hilarious. I forget what network I was watching but the broadcasters were talking about the Cardinals. They said they didn't think the Cardinals would get a BCS bid. And then someone else chimed in with, well, I think they would make a BCS game, but they wouln't be playing for the national championship. I thought that was hilarious!!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

The only team that concerns me is the Pats. I think there the only ones who can stop team Lewis from getting another ring.
Yup, but the Pats can't run. Amazingly, the Pats don't do anything special (further proof that parity can allow most teams to compete, also look at Cincinnati for further proof ). They just play better fundamental football than the rest of the teams. They tackle well, don't kill themselves, and they have awesome team chemistry. Their weakness is their lack of a running game. The Pats can be beaten as long as the other team A) Has a pass rush B) Doesn't self destruct C) Has a good QB that can handle their defense.

BTW, who's the most valuable Lewis in Baltimore ? I vote for Ray.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
The pats are different from week to week. Some week they can run and others they can't. I must say that the way they keep trying to run Antwain Smith to the outside makes me crazy. He is at his best running up the middle.They seem to raise or lower them selves to the type of team they are playing.
I disagree with you about them not doing any thing special, their defense is. I think Bill Bellicheck is probably one of the best coaches in the NFL today.
I do agree that they can be beaten though. Everyone of their games have been so close they could easily loose one if not the rest. I think if anyone beats them it could be the Jets. I am hoping that they go to the bowl. I am from Ma , so I am always rooting for them. I would be nice if they started blowing people out of they water. I have to take blood pressure medication every time they play.

PC1

Blood pressure medicine every time the Pats play......... funny stuff. Funny because it's true.

The Pats ARE a special team. They win..... No one in the NFL gets to 13-2 without being a great football team. They're under rated by just about everyone.

The Jets ALWAYS give the Pats a hard time, home or away. And you're right about them not blowing anyone out of the water, as the Vikings manhandled the Chiefs today for example. I don't know why they don't.... they just don't. But they do win..... they just WIN.

Maddening for the other teams, many of whom have had a victory snatched away in the final moments of the game. Equally maddening for someone like the Jets, a good team in spite of their eh record, losing by a fairly close margin nonetheless.

I love Curtis Martin. And Chad Pennington, although a talented quarterback, he DESPERATELY needs to hit the weight room in the offseason and add 15+ lbs to his gangly physique...... and develop his arm to be able to throw the football with something on it. He looks (and throws) like a college sophomore out there. He HAS the potential, he's very good now. But if he had an arm like Brady, the guy could be another Joe Montanna.

It isn't always pretty, but Belichick & co. develop the plan each week, the players execute it, and the defense and special team create opportunities for the offense, or score themselves. They disrupt and disorient. It's smart football. It seems they're continually underestimated.

Brady continues maturing, and is a cool cucumber under pressure........geez, if we had Curtis Martin (back) in the rotation?! In that case I'd predict another super bowl victory this year ;) But in any event, I DO (and have for several weeks now) predict they're going to the super bowl. Throughout the playoffs, prognosticators will look at the matchups and conclude the Pats should and WILL be beaten. But I wouldn't bet against the Pats.

Last edited:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that worries me is that they have won 11 in a row.You have to figure they were do for a loss, especially when their games are so close. The local media is also throwing the destiny word around and acting like they have all ready won the super bowl. I am afraid they are going to jinx them. The running game worries me as well. Antwain is the type of back that you run up the middle. Initially he might get only a few yards but as the game goes on the it will take five guys to tackle him, then he will bust out a few 15 yard gains towards the end. He doesn't make cuts very well yet allot of the plays they will have him try to do this. I definitely wasn't happy when Curt Martin left.
I agree with you on the Jets. Chad Pennington has some qualities like Tom Brady. I'd say he looks more like a high school quarterback than a soft more. He and Mark Bulger both look like man children.
Chad seems to struggle when there is only a few minutes left. I remember watching a game last season when there was close to a minute left and they were acting like they had all the time in the world. Thee jets should be pretty good next year. What's the deal with Wayne Cherbret? Is he done? I guess that was his fifth concussion.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man some good games this week, here's my picks

Green Bay @ Philly : Philly wins 20-17. They may not have a lot of offensive firepower but McNabb always finds a way to win and they've been great down the stretch except for the loss to the schizophrenic 49ers. I think Favre will face a lot of pressure and when he does he usually makes a couple of dumb throws that cost his team.

Tennessee @ New England: Pats win 28-17. Pats have one week to rest while McNair and George are beat up like hell. Tennesse also lacks a big play receiver which will hurt when you face the Pats defense at their house.

Indianapolis @ Kansas City: Indy wins 34-27. This will probably be the most entertaining game. The Colts are playing with confidence and the Chiefs have to have some doubts based on their recent performances. I think Manning's play-off experience gives him an edge over Trent Green.

Carolina @ St. Louis: Rams win 23-10. The Panthers will keep it close cause of their defense, but St. Louis will eventually make the necessary blocking adjustments to give Bulger enough time to find Holt, Bruce, or Faulk. Rams just have too many play makers to lose a home play-off game after a 1 week break.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm liking the Patriots........ they manage to win games. I think they're going to the Superbowl this year :)

Good call man......and that was back in October...

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No one has laid out their SuperBowl Prediction. Mine isnt a prediction, but a certainty.

Best regular season record:
AFC: Miami
NFC: Tampa

Superbowl:
Eagles - Patriots

Champs:
Eagles

Sage
Sage you were real close on your prediction...Nice job