Official NFL Football Thread

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey, did you guys happen to catch Stallone right before the game? Damn, that dude still looks like he's juicing. I mean the vascularity in his arms is a give away by itself.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fuckin 49ers ruined my day. They had so many chances to win. Why the hell did they wait until the 4th quarter to throw to T.O. They should have won handily, they just lack a killer instinct and that worries me. BTW, Cedric Wilson WHAT THE HELL was he thinking on that last play of regulation. That's a football version of Bill Buckner's error against the Mets.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Fu***in' Steelers. wtf, now Ima be in a badmood the rest of the week, god**mnit..........:shoot: :mad: :( :) :D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm in a great mood. Jake Plummer, 3 TD's first half. Clinton Portis, 129 yds on 12 carries first half. Denver winning 37-13 in 4th quarter.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys also see Jamal Lewis rush for 295 yards to break Dillon's record. What's most amazing is he called it against their rival the Browns

destro19

destro19

Awards
Did you guys also see Jamal Lewis rush for 295 yards to break Dillon's record. What's most amazing is he called it against their rival the Browns
Bwahahahahaha. I told you so. Coach must have seen this thread:D And I was right about Priest too. Ravens Stopmped the Shitz. Bwahahahahahahahahaha:saw:

csakiges

Awards

Bwahahahahaha. I told you so. Coach must have seen this thread:D And I was right about Priest too. Ravens Stopmped the Shitz. Bwahahahahahahahahaha:saw:
Damn you!! You did call it though. The sun shines on a dog's arse every once in a while. LOL!!!!!!!!!:D

Jergo, I didn't see the game but was trying to listen to it, KC exploded in the 2nd quarter. I was also close to your hood, I went to Mountaineer park on Sat. night with my girlfriend.

csakiges

Awards
I am sure we will be getting something from that game. Hopefully his entire jersey. We have Dllions from when he rushed for 278 against the Broncos, eclipsing Payton's mark.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny thing is in fantsy football I traded Favre for Lewis last Thursday. I feel good.

And yes typically Favre for Lewis is crazy but the commish set the league so thats its so damn RB friendly.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Lewis rushed for mad yardage yes. But against the Browns? C'mon now, I could rush for a 100 against the Browns. I don't think Lewis is all that great. Thats like saying Muhhamed Ali knocked out Vargas and he called it. (Told you that I'd be in a bad mood all week :)

Yeah, KC had us beat after the half. If it wasn't for our secondary, and lots of missed tackles, along with receivers dropping the ball, we would have had more leighway. I don't think any other AFC team could have done as much besides a few others. We need to reiterate our running game. It's fvckin greek to me why they just totally ditched it in the first place.

csakgies, thats cool bro, WDVE FM always has the game on. It's channel 102.5 on your FM dial. How did you do at Mountaineer?

csakiges

Awards
Lewis rushed for mad yardage yes. But against the Browns? C'mon now, I could rush for a 100 against the Browns. I don't think Lewis is all that great. Thats like saying Muhhamed Ali knocked out Vargas and he called it. (Told you that I'd be in a bad mood all week :)

Yeah, KC had us beat after the half. If it wasn't for our secondary, and lots of missed tackles, along with receivers dropping the ball, we would have had more leighway. I don't think any other AFC team could have done as much besides a few others. We need to reiterate our running game. It's fvckin greek to me why they just totally ditched it in the first place.

csakgies, thats cool bro, WDVE FM always has the game on. It's channel 102.5 on your FM dial. How did you do at Mountaineer?
I actually broke even. I was down and then hit big and was up. I would usually keep going and lose it all and more but I quit, walked to the bar and bought my girl and i a drink and just talked for the rest of the night. So I actually paid for the whole night with my winnings which was very nice.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
My fantasy football opponent had Jamal Lewis. In other words, the only chance I have of winning this week is if Tiki Barber rushes for like 200+ yards and 4 touchdowns. Last week, the Cowboys were the #1 rush defense in the NFL so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

~Todd

destro19

destro19

Awards

He could have ran on the Steelers but I think Billick was scarred to commit to the run. The second game will be different.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every year that Lewis is healthy, he's over 1000 yeards. He's pretty damn good but doesn't get exposure because he's in Baltimore. And in my league, every 5 yards is 1 point. So you NEED an every down RB.

Ibench800

Awards
Every year that Lewis is healthy, he's over 1000 yeards. He's pretty damn good but doesn't get exposure because he's in Baltimore. And in my league, every 5 yards is 1 point. So you NEED an every down RB.
Oh my god. What are the scores each week? 600 to 550?

I don't get shat until my back gets over 50 yards.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Lewis had 15 rushing attempts for 69 yards. Yeah, he could've ran more, but you guys can't say he didn't run much. Pitt. will shut him down again. We are still at a standstill in trying to fully figure out which way we want to go. There are a lot of things that are going to be changed and so-on. And with Mularkey as our offensive coordinator there are A LOT of different things that can be done.

Our running game will be back soon, so only time will tell. Pitt. will win the AFC North with their hands in their pockets. No doubt we will make playoffs again, but we just have to get to the AFC champ game again. I know, I'm shameless. :)

Csakgies, Its always harder to stay and try to win with a female being there isn't it? LOL When I go to gamble, its me and my bros, thats it!!, Heh. But, its always nice to break even and still have fun, no doubt.

Ibench800

Awards
Any running back who gets the bulk of his team's carries can fall out of bed and get 1,000 yards.

csakiges

Awards

Csakgies, Its always harder to stay and try to win with a female being there isn't it? LOL When I go to gamble, its me and my bros, thats it!!, Heh. But, its always nice to break even and still have fun, no doubt.
Yes it is. But it was a good thing, maybe next time I am winning and I am out with the boys, I can just walk away like I did this time....yeah right:D

It was nice though, cause her and I danced and just sat at the bar and watched the band play.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Any running back who gets the bulk of his team's carries can fall out of bed and get 1,000 yards.
There were only 9 backs that went over 1300 last year. Lewis was one of them. He's pretty damn good.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Oh my god. What are the scores each week? 600 to 550?

I don't get shat until my back gets over 50 yards.
Usually between 175 and 275.

Lewis had 71 points last week :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet pics.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
csakgies, where are you at in those pics? Thats some sweet $hit bro. I can dig some sports memorabilia. I used to have all kinds of it, Then I ended up having to sell it all, cuz I got in some trouble w/ some lenders if you know what I mean.

Where you work at bro? I can't fvcking wait till I get out of godamn college. I'm almost done w/ an associates, but I'm not sure I wanna do exactly what it is, so I'm gonna transfer next spring. That means even more waiting around...............its driving me crazy.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I work for the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Wow that's awesome. Wish I had a job at the Hall of Fame. It wouldn't even be a job for me, it would be almost like fun working there.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm Niners, they had the Browns dominated 12-0 with 8 minutes and they somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :mad: . I don't know if you guys saw the game but Jim Mora (Def. Coordinator) had Kelly Holcomb rattled with various blitz packages and then starts playing a soft cover 2 out of the blue. Sucks to be 1-2.

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
I'm right there with you. My Packers fucking suck! lol They should bag the season to draft Phillip Rivers.:saw:

Ryan

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
You all can always jump on the Denver Broncos bandwagon. 19-0 Babyyyyyyy!!!!:)

destro19

destro19

Awards
Watch out shitzburge. All you did was wake a sleeping giant. GO BIRDS.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You all can always jump on the Denver Broncos bandwagon. 19-0 Babyyyyyyy!!!!:)
Not with that interception machine at QB ;) Remeber Oakland spanked you guys last year on MNF after having struggled for a few games, but Denver has a damm good team none the less. They should easily make the play Offs.

BTW Destro, your Ravens are pretty damm good except for their QB. Boller is not worthy of a first round pick bro. I saw him at Cal and he only improved in the new coach's system for one year. I guess scouts still fall for QB's who have cannons and mad strength. This reminds me of how the 49ers fucked up when they drafted Jim Druckenmiller in the first round and they thought he'd be Steve Young's successor because Druckenmiller and Boller had a lot in common

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
What was that? Oh yeah, just another win tacked on to our record. Poetown? Oh, c'mon they need a lot more than "hopefull participators." It's cool, it makes it more of a rivalry eventhough we beat you guys every time. ;)

csakiges

Awards

Not with that interception machine at QB ;) Remeber Oakland spanked you guys last year on MNF after having struggled for a few games, but Denver has a damm good team none the less. They should easily make the play Offs.

BTW Destro, your Ravens are pretty damm good except for their QB. Boller is not worthy of a first round pick bro. I saw him at Cal and he only improved in the new coach's system for one year. I guess scouts still fall for QB's who have cannons and mad strength. This reminds me of how the 49ers fucked up when they drafted Jim Druckenmiller in the first round and they thought he'd be Steve Young's successor because Druckenmiller and Boller had a lot in common
Yeah, I forget who it was, but last week or the week before one of the commentators made a comment about Plummer. They were laughing and said, heck, I think he could throw an interception on his flight home. I was laughing my arse off.

destro19

destro19

Awards
The rivalry is worse here cause theres so many shitzburge refugees living here and taking our baltimore-ian jobs.:D We left work early on sunday to go watch the beginning of the game and there was this drunk (job-steeler) yelling at some 120lb nerd in a lewis jersey. He was quieted real quick. Ps, no offense to aynone here who is 120lbs.:D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
That was nothing more than 1st week jitters. Remember, he threw 3 TDs and no interceptions in just the 1st half last week against the Chargers. And by they way. The Raiders have 3 wins out of the last 14 games against the Broncos.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ destro..............HEh, yea that wasn't cool. Pittsburgh has a lot of a$$holes, but no more than any other town. Tenn. next week holmes, another real test. Dunno about it, hopefully I don't have to work this time. :rolleyes:

I hear the same thing about Baltimore, I went to the Chesapeke Bay the other year, good crabs. :D

csakiges

Awards
Well, if I ever have an extra ticket, I will definitely do that.

yeah, I like Clarion. the girl to guy ratio is like 4 to 1 there. We go to this bar called the Lumas or Loomas (I forget)where all the students go. It is always a good time.

As for the groundhog, my buddy told me that last year or the year before the groundhog died like a week or two before the ceremony. They had to have a new one shipped in. I guess he is on display at a library or something throughout the course of the year. so when he died, they made and excuse and said they were renovating his cage, that's why he wasn't on display. I thought that was funny.

I am not sure what company. I have only met her once. She is like 22 and just graduated from University of Richmond, I guess she is a heck of a golfer. I was supposed to play Sunday at Treasure Lake, which I hear is a phenomenal course, but I had to cancel.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
How about them Bronco's:) Total annililation of the Raiders or should I call them the Faiders;) Jake Plummer looked like Hall of Fame QB. Still time to jump on the bandwagon all.

Can't wait for the KC-Denver game and expose the Chiefs as pretenders.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
With my Mariners stinking it up down the stretch (once again), my focus turns to football and the SEEEEEAAAAHAWKS!! We philthy
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
FOXX, yeah dude, your broncos got some talent. Last night was the first time that I had got to watch them. Plummer was sickening, all I could do was shake my head every time they scored or got a HUGE first down, which was most of the game. I liked how the Raiders got stomped, they were so full of themselves and they finally got proven to the world. Plus, I can't friggin stand Romanowski, dudes a dickwad. :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for the KC-Denver game and expose the Chiefs as pretenders.
Yup, you guys should have an easy time w/the Chiefs after watching last nights blowout, wasn't even as close as the score indicates. K.C. is vulnerable to the run and they couldn't cover one-legged wide receivers if their lives depended on it.

BTW, the Raiders are collapsing big time, they're age has caught up with them. They'll get a boost when Jerry Porter gets back but I see them as an 8-8 team. Al Michaels' comparison of Rich Gannon to Steve Young in 1994 (after the 49ers got the **** kicked out of them by Philly) makes me sick as a 49ers fan because that was probably the best 49ers team ever IMO. That 49ers team was basically unstoppable offensively, and they had a top 5 defense that year.

destro19

destro19

Awards

Yup, you guys should have an easy time w/the Chiefs after watching last nights blowout, wasn't even as close as the score indicates. K.C. is vulnerable to the run and they couldn't cover one-legged wide receivers if their lives depended on it.
Hopefully the Ravens expose the Chiefs this week with Lewis and Lewis. If they can hold the chiefs to 20 then they have a good chance of winning. The key for the Ravens is stopping Hall. I think they can stop Priest but kicking to Hall is a no no.

destro19

destro19

Awards
How about them Bronco's:) Total annililation of the Raiders or should I call them the Faiders;) Jake Plummer looked like Hall of Fame QB. Still time to jump on the bandwagon all.
Old-klan Should hang up the season and see if they can get some good picks and make some trades. They looked like the old guys who come up to the basketball court and hang with the young guys for about 2mins before exposing there age. There full of “once was’s” and “use to be’s”.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If they can hold the chiefs to 20 then they have a good chance of winning
The Ravens D has the ability to hold them because they have the best defensive player in the NFL (Ray Lewis of course). Their DB's can match up well w/KC's passing attack, I also believe Terrell Suggs will be a playmaker.

The Ravens just need Kyle Boller to step it up, this I am not sure of, but I hope he does 'cause he's a Cal guy.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established

The Ravens D has the ability to hold them because they have the best defensive player in the NFL (Ray Lewis of course). Their DB's can match up well w/KC's passing attack, I also believe Terrell Suggs will be a playmaker.
[Begin Rant] WHAT!!?? I almost flipped my wig when I read that. Ray Lewis the "Best Defensive Player Of the Year". You can't be serious, no, I know you aren't serious. LMFAO!!

Their D has the ability to hold him? Their secondary? WOW!!
"And thats all I have to say about that" --FG ;)

Last edited:
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Come on Jergo, Ray Lewis was the biggest reason the Ravens won a Super Bowl, that's pretty amazing because he's a LB. He also overpowered Eddie George for an interception which he took back for a TD and changed that game compltely, simply put, he makes big plays when the game's on the line. He had tips which led to TD's in that Super Bowl. You can certainly make arguments for Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Jason Gildon, Javon Kearse, Jason Taylor, Brian Urlacher, and LaVar Arrington but I'll take Ray Lewis over them any day.

As far as their DB's go: Chris McAllister & Ed Reed are Pro Bowl caliber standouts.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
im a huge jets fan and were 0-3 im depressed. Atleast the yanks are in the playoffs.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Atleast the yanks are in the playoffs.
I think my A's are ready for an ALCS showdown with da Bronx bombers & I like their chances.

As far as the Jets go, it looks like like the beginning of the end, actually, the begining of the end was when they let Jets take Laveranous Coles, Randy Thomas, and even their kicker John Hall.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man freakin 49ers have me worried. Did you guys see Terrell Owens sell Jeff Garcia out and saying Rattay should start. T.O. has become a punk. I didn't mid him talking **** when because he used to back it up. He shouldn't be talking **** after having 5 catches for a measly 55 yards. We 49ers fans are used to having a conteneder every year, but it's looking pretty ugly now, hopefully they'll have the testicular fortitude to beat the almighty Detroit Lions.

destro19

destro19

Awards
Man freakin 49ers have me worried. Did you guys see Terrell Owens sell Jeff Garcia out and saying Rattay should start. T.O. has become a punk. I didn't mid him talking **** when because he used to back it up. He shouldn't be talking **** after having 5 catches for a measly 55 yards. We 49ers fans are used to having a conteneder every year, but it's looking pretty ugly now, hopefully they'll have the testicular fortitude to beat the almighty Detroit Lions.
I hope they let him go so we can pick him up. Looks like Purple Haze will finally get a receiver next year. if we can keep the D and keep others from stacking against Jamal then we should be diesel next year. We still could win the division this year.