strange string of events

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
ok, today has been one crazy day. after a long long long mission i came back to call my wife. she answered the phone in complete tears. heres what happened
my wife was walking to her car when she noticed someone was leaning against it as if she was waiting for her. she walked up to her and the woman asked her if this was her car. she then pointed to the sticker on the back window that read half my heart is in iraq. my wife was thinking she was going to say thank you or something like she sometimes but rarely gets. the woman then asked her who was in iraq. my wife told her it was me, her husband and that ive been there for 11 months. this is where it gets F$CK up!!! the woman is yelling at my wife "your husband is a rapist over there. all they do is rape woman and kill their husbands! you should be ashamed of yourself!''
according to my wife this drew a crowd and my wife lost it. she started swinging at her which i cant imagine because shes never hurt a fly. well the woman left and that was that but after i got off the phone with her i was thinking about how much its changed. soldiers arent viewed the same. to be honest it really PI$$ed me off.
i then signed in on here. i had a private message from someone id never talked to before thanking me for my service. although that person didnt know about my day or my wifes day he completely erased the problems. it doesnt seem like much i know but when all you know about home has changed back home it means everything.
i guess what im saying is even if you dont support the war, support your soldiers!
now im sorry for the long story but i really felt like venting and sharing

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, today has been one crazy day. after a long long long mission i came back to call my wife. she answered the phone in complete tears. heres what happened
my wife was walking to her car when she noticed someone was leaning against it as if she was waiting for her. she walked up to her and the woman asked her if this was her car. she then pointed to the sticker on the back window that read half my heart is in iraq. my wife was thinking she was going to say thank you or something like she sometimes but rarely gets. the woman then asked her who was in iraq. my wife told her it was me, her husband and that ive been there for 11 months. this is where it gets F$CK up!!! the woman is yelling at my wife "your husband is a rapist over there. all they do is rape woman and kill their husbands! you should be ashamed of yourself!''
according to my wife this drew a crowd and my wife lost it. she started swinging at her which i cant imagine because shes never hurt a fly. well the woman left and that was that but after i got off the phone with her i was thinking about how much its changed. soldiers arent viewed the same. to be honest it really PI$$ed me off.
i then signed in on here. i had a private message from someone id never talked to before thanking me for my service. although that person didnt know about my day or my wifes day he completely erased the problems. it doesnt seem like much i know but when all you know about home has changed back home it means everything.
i guess what im saying is even if you dont support the war, support your soldiers!
now im sorry for the long story but i really felt like venting and sharing
Damn, what a messed up story. I just want to say thank you for all that you guys do for our country. You are definately an inspiration to me. :clap2:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I also thank you. There are always going to be mentally challenged people out ther. Its those that you just let it go. You know what your doing and majority here supports you guys. I'm glad your wife was not physically hurt!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Putting all political views aside anyone who is willing to put their life on the line for their country is a hero. That is the ultimate sacrifice, and despite political/personal opinion, they deserve the respect for what they do.

I remember there was some anti-war activist mother who came to my university to speak. Her son died in the war. She's been all over the US speaking and said that she was bankrupt and her husband left her. I'm sure you guys will know who I'm talking about, I don't know her name.

The thing is, she knew what her son was getting into prior to going to war. Now IMO she ended up downplaying her own son's decision to go to war and disregarding his efforts while he was over there.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
motive, first off, I'd like to offer you and your family my deepest thanks for putting your life on the line for our country's pursuits.

Secondly, the woman who confronted your wife must have gotten out of the institution a little too early or she has the IQ of a fruit fly.

Either way, I'm sorry your wife was put through that because neither of you deserve anything less than praise for what you have done for all of us...

You're completely right, whether or not you support the war doesn't matter, supporting our soldiers who put everything on the line is truly one of the most selfless things a person can do. I only wish I had your courage...

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
seriously thanks to everyone. i swear it seems the closer i am to coming home everytime it gets harder. this is my 4th deployment in 5 years and it never changes. only 3 more months to go.
my wife wants me to say thank you as well.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY, ALL THE WAY

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That stupid old ***** should be deported to Saudi Arabia. How pathetic. It makes me depressed to be a human being when I read stories of how stupid other humans can be.

Anyways thanks for your service motive.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Dude that is a crazy story, and it really sucks! That woman is a wacked out needle in a normal haystack. I think that 99% of the people support you guys and those who don't are just ignorant of what's going on.

Your not over there to be a hero for us back here, even though you are. Your helping innocent people in a ****ed up place get their lives and society back on track. That takes a dedicated, kind and overall awesome person to do. Where is that ***** in world affairs? Feeding the homeless, doing her part? No, she's starting fights with random people in parking lots. Just a loser man, tell your wife to brush her shoulders off!! :)

Thanks for all your service to us bro, it is appreciated!!!! :thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank your wife for me as well. Her job is just as hard being alone worried about you. I admire her strength.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line - there are LOTS of stupid people in this life.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
as stupid as it sounds this website is as close to home as i can get! i was venting when i wrote all that and didnt expect the response i got. i just wanted people to think about it.
since this post i have had about 15 pm's!! i cant tell you thank you enough to all of you.
i showed this forum and the pm's from everyone to my patrol who has been down due to the most recent lose of our friends.
when you work in our specialty you are forced to be cut off from alot of the world. when i shared this with the guys you could see alot of emotion with everyone.
like ive said before... what all of you have wrote doesnt seem like much but after a horrible week like this one you completely turned it around.
thank you to everyone

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Views aside you are right we all need to support our troops. Whether they back the reasons or not most military personnel do as they are told. Its a job that they do and sacrifice for us while doing it. Im a vet and i would jump in and fight for this country even if i didnt agree, i would fight for the protection of our people and that is what you are doing there. Dont let anyone make you feel like what you are doing is wrong, its your service and your sacrifice that we apprieciate.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"..soldiers arent viewed the same. to be honest it really PI$$ed me off."

Oh don't go thinking that my friend. That woman was clearly disturbed. Crazy people will sometimes focus on a current event as the source of their woes..ie John Hinkley thinking he had to kill Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster. Cuuuuckoooo.

Anywho brother, I thought war was a bad idea from the get go but NEVER, ever in my wildest dreams would I link the decisions of our elected officials to the soldiers in the field who nobly and faithfully do what their country asks them to do. I even know several active duty soldiers who feel the same as I do..but they do their jobs anyway and that's something I have enormous respect for. I have the same respect for those who have the optimism that this mission is the right thing to do and struggle each and every day to make it happen.

So hats off to you and your enlisted brothers and sisters. You are what is right with this country even when it's hard to say the same about our politicians (well, because it's always hard to say much of anything good about them..war or not, lol).

Peaceful thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i just got back from iraq a few months ago... i'da fukced that b1tch up myself. fukc her she has no idea what it's like over there. it's so easy for her to listen to cnn all fukcing day and watch oprah while she pounds her pud and talks about how weight watchers isn't helping her lose weight.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i just got back from iraq a few months ago... i'da fukced that b1tch up myself. fukc her she has no idea what it's like over there. it's so easy for her to listen to cnn all fukcing day and watch oprah while she pounds her pud and talks about how weight watchers isn't helping her lose weight.
hope your not coming back over man

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of knocking someones head in, and you gotta have guts to go physical when someone attacks you verbally. Your wife must be very sure of herself, and she obviously cares for you to go to that length. Thats awesome you have someone backing you up like that. :head:

Thanks for your service, and come back safe.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Keep your head up Motive because you're a fvckin' hero my friend :)

That lady's son would have probably been drafted if there weren't enough brave souls like you in the US of A.