Check Out This Mosh Pit

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
what the band did was pretty cool. Would like to get there rendition of that song.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, their rendition was cool! On a side note, I just went to see the Deftones a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you something...the pit was, for lack of a better word...anemic! These kids nowadays are SOFT!!! I mean, I came up in the NYC hardcore scene, IE Punks, Skins and Metalheads (Who always got beat up by the skins but that's another story!) It was 100% INTENSE and we all LOVED it! Slamming, moshing and stage-diving were all par for the course. At this show 1 kid...1 KID(!!!) attempted to crowd surf and while back in the day, you would get STOMPED by the stage guards if they got you, these guys damn near fixed his hair and patted him on the shoulder! It was really sad to see the current state of affairs. I miss the matinees at CBGB soooooo bad!!!!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, their rendition was cool! On a side note, I just went to see the Deftones a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you something...the pit was, for lack of a better word...anemic! These kids nowadays are SOFT!!! I mean, I came up in the NYC hardcore scene, IE Punks, Skins and Metalheads (Who always got beat up by the skins but that's another story!) It was 100% INTENSE and we all LOVED it! Slamming, moshing and stage-diving were all par for the course. At this show 1 kid...1 KID(!!!) attempted to crowd surf and while back in the day, you would get STOMPED by the stage guards if they got you, these guys damn near fixed his hair and patted him on the shoulder! It was really sad to see the current state of affairs. I miss the matinees at CBGB soooooo bad!!!!
Yeah man, its really getting awful...the 'hardcore dancing' crowd has nearly completely overtaken the pits at shows and old-school moshing has gone the way of real rated R action movies.

Back in the day the pit was brutal, but when it came down to it people generally looked out for eachother...now you see these little 140lb punks in wife beaters spin kicking people in the head and then running away when its time to get their ass beat.

BV