Anyone affected by the tornado in S. Indiana?

tattoopierced1

This puppy hit the trailor park litterally 2 minutes away from my house. Kinda scary when it gets that close but spares your house considering all the damage it has caused as well as lives.....

tattoopierced1

So I decide to ride my bike up there yesterday to see if I can help and checkout the damage. I know it will be impossible to get there in a car as police are turning everyone away, hence the bike. I rode about 15 miles on a mt. bike yesterday checking out the path that it left. Wow is all I can say. As of yesterday there were 22 people killed and 200+ injured because of this, so I am glad that my family and no close personal friends got hurt. What really got me is while riding around up there, seeing all the stuffed animals laying around the rest of the debree, scary to realize how many kids were stuck in their trailor that night and never knew it was coming. It was probably harder getting back home than it was getting up there...tons of national guard, Mass Casualty Units, etc.. up there so I had to take the moutain bike off rode for the first time (its a buddy's bike and I've only had it for a couple weeks, really nice Mongoose Pro bike though) just to get back home.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ALthough i stay in the CHi, i must say the debris and the media coverage here was enough to make me think, and really appreciate life. Its great to see, a person reaching out, and giving, to the less fortunate. Be blessed...

Mom_Wife_Me

Awards
ALthough i stay in the CHi, i must say the debris and the media coverage here was enough to make me think, and really appreciate life. Its great to see, a person reaching out, and giving, to the less fortunate. Be blessed...
DITTO on that. I am about an hour south of you, I didn't even know till Sunday night! CRAZY, Utica ILlinois was hit a couple years ago - that is 20 minutes from us -- I remember that day well!

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Wow glad ur ok Tat. We had a pretty big t-storm but nothing like what you all got. A tornado in early November that is some crazy ****. Btw I am about 2 hours east of you.

mike21886

Awards
I live in Sprinfield ,IL and we had a crazy ass tornado last night. It happened right by my house and messed a ton of **** up. I cant even get to my favorite gym cause both roads that lead there are closed. It tore the whole roof off of walmart and a bunch of other buisnesses. It caused over a million dollars in damage and the craziest thing is my girlfriend and I were driving on the main road it crossed right before the tornado and didn't even hear the sirens because it was raining so hard. The tornado was so powerful it pulled the whole side off this huge courtyard hotel. It was the worst tornado springfield has had in a really long time.

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
Good luck rebuilding and hopefully you won't have to deal with FEMA - Fix Everything My A$$.