Firearm Thread

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Ha! Awesome man!!!!
    Only thing that sucks is a Marine had a 1600m ground to tower shot. Thats the world record. Mine was 1200m tower to ground. But mine was 7.62 his was .50 cal
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    Bud, I live in Maryland. Just getting a pistol you have to get finger prints taken. Plus, I forgot, it'll actually be my second pistol. I used to have a Taurus 740, but sold it because I couldn't stand it.
    Taurus 740 is absolutely no fun to shoot. And what my wife uses for her CCW. Only thing that I've had that was less fun to shoot was a Ruger LCR .357 Thing was an absolute joy to carry, but a 17 ounce 357 does a pretty good job of slapping your hand.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Taurus 740 is absolutely no fun to shoot. And what my wife uses for her CCW. Only thing that I've had that was less fun to shoot was a Ruger LCR .357 Thing was an absolute joy to carry, but a 17 ounce 357 does a pretty good job of slapping your hand.
    Yeah, the only reason I bought the Taurus was it was an impulse buy and I bought it right after the Sandy Hook tragedy, because I knew our governor at the time was going to push for more gun control and he did. It's because of him that we have to get our figure prints taken and have a card just to purchase hand guns now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    Don't those have reliability issues?
    Yeah, the older models had issues but I think they have it worked out because a guy I know has one and it will flat out empty a magazine in a hurry!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    Yeah, the only reason I bought the Taurus was it was an impulse buy and I bought it right after the Sandy Hook tragedy, because I knew our governor at the time was going to push for more gun control and he did. It's because of him that we have to get our figure prints taken and have a card just to purchase hand guns now.
    Never apologize for having an in-expensive firearm. Beats throwing rocks, right? My wife's has probably over a thousand rounds through it with no problems. Other than the fact that it just plain hurts to shoot it.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Never apologize for having an in-expensive firearm. Beats throwing rocks, right? My wife's has probably over a thousand rounds through it with no problems. Other than the fact that it just plain hurts to shoot it.
    Yeah, I just wish I would have picked something like an M&P, or even a cheap revolver. I passed up a decent revolver for the Taurus, only to find out after I bought it that it only held one more round than the revolver. So, I've learned to never impulse buy anymore lol.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I've got a .410/45 LC Derringer that is a joy to shoot. Lol!

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    The Judge?? That was one of those that for some reason I always wanted. Had to make an actual attempt to avoid them at the gunshows so I wouldn't end up with another pointless gun.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

9. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Back home we call those the think about it. Cause if you hit them with the 410 they will think about getting back up. Lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Only thing that sucks is a Marine had a 1600m ground to tower shot. Thats the world record. Mine was 1200m tower to ground. But mine was 7.62 his was .50 cal
    Such a far shot man! 7.62 is an awesome round but much easier with a .50 I would assume!?

11. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Such a far shot man! 7.62 is an awesome round but much easier with a .50 I would assume!?
    1600m with any round is amazing

12. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    The Judge?? That was one of those that for some reason I always wanted. Had to make an actual attempt to avoid them at the gunshows so I wouldn't end up with another pointless gun.
    No, a single shot Derringer that fits in the palm of your hand. If the barrel was longer to where it could actually build up some pressure, it'd really be brutal!
  13. Firearm Thread

So I won this little cutie last night
    IMG_5215.jpg
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    So I won this little cutie last night
    IMG_5215.jpg
    I have that same pistol! Have fun taking it apart to clean it.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  15. Firearm Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I have that same pistol! Have fun taking it apart to clean it.
    The guy that did my tile wants to trade labor for it lol so may not even get s chance to clean it

Buuuuuut may end up buying this IMG_5216.jpg
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

16. I have two different Mark IV pistols, and honestly have no plans on ever getting rid of them. Fun to shoot, cheap ammo, super accurate and anybody can handle shooting them. They improved my handgun shooting abilities more than anything.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

17. Browning Hi-Power preferred although trained on the Beretta 92FS.
    Have a bunch of WW1,WW2 items:
    Webley revolvers both .38 and .455
    M1 Carbine
    M1 Garand
    98K Mauser
    Various Lee-Enfield rifles
    Lee-Enfield .410 police shotgun. An SMLE rebored for shells
    Here is the Mauser w/bayonet
    mauser.jpg

18. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I have two different Mark IV pistols, and honestly have no plans on ever getting rid of them. Fun to shoot, cheap ammo, super accurate and anybody can handle shooting them. They improved my handgun shooting abilities more than anything.
    I have one with an AMC barrel that I used in competition. I love that gun!
    My dad brought a guy from work out to my place to sight in his AR. The guy complained that he couldn't see the 8" plate at 100 yards so I brought out the Mark IV and shot the plate all 10 times standing beside him. (Iron sights) I then said, "You mean that plate?" Seems like an asshat thing to do but the guy was talking about almost being a sniper in the military but missed qualifying by one shot. The guy was still in his 20s and couldn't see an 8" plate at 100 yards! I had to call bull$hit on him. Lol!

19. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Browning Hi-Power preferred although trained on the Beretta 92F.
    Have a bunch of WW1,WW2 items:
    Webley revolvers both .38 and .455
    M1 Carbine
    M1 Garand
    98K Mauser
    Various Lee-Enfield rifles
    Lee-Enfield .410 police shotgun. An SMLE rebored for shells
    Here is the Mauser w/bayonet
    mauser.jpg
    Not in the same ballpark as yours, but I picked up a Mosin Nagant (Finnish M39) at a gun show one time. After a few weeks of soaking it in paint thinner and cooking the stock, it appeared to be unused. Thing is loud as fak and kicks like a mule, but I love shooting it. Ended up giving it to my son for his WWII collection.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

20. You all should check the gun deals subreddit.. I found it a few weeks ago and I'm buying all kinds of things I never new I needed. Lol

21. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    My dad brought a guy from work out to my place to sight in his AR. The guy complained that he couldn't see the 8" plate at 100 yards so I brought out the Mark IV and shot the plate all 10 times standing beside him. (Iron sights) I then said, "You mean that plate?" Seems like an asshat thing to do but the guy was talking about almost being a sniper in the military but missed qualifying by one shot. The guy was still in his 20s and couldn't see an 8" plate at 100 yards! I had to call bull$hit on him. Lol!
    You shot and 8 Plate from 100 yards away with a handgun?

22. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I call bull$h!t too. If your a qaulified sniper you dont miss a 100 yrd target. I onced missed a 1500m target. And even now with glasses. I can still nail at 1200m

23. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    You shot and 8 Plate from 100 yards away with a handgun?
    Whats so hard about that

24. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    You shot and 8” Plate from 100 yards away with a handgun?
    With that particular handgun (depending on wind conditions) and the right ammo, not a huge deal. Impressive, but far from impossible.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

25. Here's an old guy who shoots all kinds of stuff at his backyard range some of his far targets are. Close to football field distance. He can ding them with some regularity... With various handguns. Hicock45 https://youtu.be/V4gOnz4qYSw
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1039
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  2. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  3. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
  4. The "What you want for christmas" thread