Firearm Thread

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My 300 blk is my pride and Joy. Also have a .45 XD and out of all the handguns I've fired it has been my favorite.
I had never even heard of the 300 blk, what made you go with that over the typical .223/5.56? Don’t get me wrong, it sounds awesome, I’m just curious!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had never even heard of the 300 blk, what made you go with that over the typical .223/5.56? Don’t get me wrong, it sounds awesome, I’m just curious!
300 Blackout uses a much heavier bullet than a 5.56, which makes it better suited to hunting.
Plus, it's different. And sometimes that's all the reason we need.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
300 Blackout uses a much heavier bullet than a 5.56, which makes it better suited to hunting.
I totally get the different portion, I kinda want one now. Lol

I don’t do much hunting other than birds. I’ll probably head up to Kansas soon and do some coyote hunting with my uncle.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That and you can shoot it subsonic so it's better suited for a suppressed rifle.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I don’t do much hunting other than birds. I’ll probably head up to Kansas soon and do some coyote hunting with my uncle.
Where at in Kansas?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Unique weapon and the one I have was a very nice build so I had to have it. Very expensive to shoot so it isn't exactly the best option if you enjoy slapping off rounds but I don't mind the expensive therapy.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unique weapon and the one I have was a very nice build so I had to have it. Very expensive to shoot so it isn't exactly the best option if you enjoy slapping off rounds but I don't mind the expensive therapy.
Learn to reload. ;)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fort Scott, he has about 40 acres a little outside the city and has a few people around the area that let him hunt on their land as well.
That's about 3 1/2 hrs from me. As much as I like hunting coyotes, I don't think I'll invite myself to join you. Lol!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All I know and have used are Glocks. With practice and dry fire it is a great handgun.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Just picked up this savage stealth in 6.5 creedmore with a vortex viper scope. Zero long distance experience here and 600 yards off a bench at a 12”x 24” steel target is very easily replicated. So much fun to hear the steel smack a couple seconds after the shot. 720 yards is my farthest hit so far. Need to dial in my MOAs now and see if I can’t make 8-900 yards happen.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Just picked up this savage stealth in 6.5 creedmore with a vortex viper scope. Zero long distance experience here and 600 yards off a bench at a 12”x 24” steel target is very easily replicated. So much fun to hear the steel smack a couple seconds after the shot. 720 yards is my farthest hit so far. Need to dial in my MOAs now and see if I can’t make 8-900 yards happen.
Nice! Having just got my first rifle, I still thinks it’s crazy to be able to hit something that far away.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Noice!! I've had my eye on them new Stealths but just haven't been able to dig into my savings to get one. That, and I'd have to change out the trigger because I can't stand the Accu-trigger. Lol!

A lot of people really like the 6.5 Creedmore, I just can't get passed how quickly you burn the throat of the barrel out. If memory serves me right, it's only around 1200-1500 rounds before you really start to lose accuracy. Granted, most people won't put that many through it...... I would. I've got around 1400 rounds though this Savage 112 .308 and it still shoots as good as the day I got it.
15171204997120.jpg

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Noice!! I've had my eye on them new Stealths but just haven't been able to dig into my savings to get one. That, and I'd have to change out the trigger because I can't stand the Accu-trigger. Lol!

A lot of people really like the 6.5 Creedmore, I just can't get passed how quickly you burn the throat of the barrel out. If memory serves me right, it's only around 1200-1500 rounds before you really start to lose accuracy. Granted, most people won't put that many through it...... I would. I've got around 1400 rounds though this Savage 112 .308 and it still shoots as good as the day I got it.
View attachment 159311
I don’t mind the accu trigger. First gun with it. Yeah the round has a lot of buzz around it . It def has really low recoil and good ballistics. I love .308’s and your rifle is awesome. Yeah if guess if you shoot that much you gotta be willing to buy a new barrel after a while. I’m jealous you shoot that much haha. Tbh, I think I would have liked to build my own .308. I like it due to the commonality of the round and it will def outshoot me. I just happened to walk into my buddies gun shop and it was too good of a deal to pas up. I’ve really enjoyed it tho. I think I’ll build an nice AR-10 chambered in .308 down the road.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have:

1. Taurus 9mm
2. Glock 43
3. Glock 19
4. M&P 22
5. M&P AR-15 22
6. SCCY 9mm
7. POS Jennings .25 Saturday Night Special

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Learn to reload. ;)
Oh I know how to and one of my good buddies has the machine but I'm not putting reloads through my 300. I've shot them through my AR and XD but my baby gets only the best!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have:

1. Taurus 9mm
2. Glock 43
3. Glock 19
4. M&P 22
5. M&P AR-15 22
6. SCCY 9mm
7. POS Jennings .25 Saturday Night Special
So been looking at glocks lately. What would you recommend if you had the choice of just one?

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So been looking at glocks lately. What would you recommend if you had the choice of just one?
I only have experience w/ these 2. The 43 is compact carry, the 19 is for the range. Maybe rent one at the range and give it a go.
Some love 'em, some hate 'em, I happen to like all firearms, not picky...

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I know how to and one of my good buddies has the machine but I'm not putting reloads through my 300. I've shot them through my AR and XD but my baby gets only the best!
Which is why I reload. Every one of my .308s is identical and that load was worked up for the best accuracy for that rifle.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which is why I reload. Every one of my .308s is identical and that load was worked up for the best accuracy for that rifle.
For sure man. Just my preference for that Rifle not to shoot reloads. We need to meet up and shoot and ride quads this summer brosef! Thinking about taking a few trips this year could figure something out. :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For sure man. Just my preference for that Rifle not to shoot reloads. We need to meet up and shoot and ride quads this summer brosef! Thinking about taking a few trips this year could figure something out. :)
To each his own. Right?

That'd be awesome! I don't have a quad anymore but maybe I'll have my off-road go-kart fitted with a 20 hp motor by then. Lol! It had a 6.5 hp on it from the factory but I got it without a motor.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
300blk is an AR try at making a round that mimics the 7.62x39 AK round

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been meaning to build a complete 6.5 upper for my dpms 308. Just too many ventures in every which way all the time. It’s a good problem I suppose.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had two CMMG Ar-15's, one 5.56 and one in 204 Ruger. If we're talking a varmint / coyote round, I think the 204 is the way to go (IMO). To be honest though, I never really understood the whole AR-15 thing. I get that it's a modular system and enables you to have different uppers for different needs, but for the money you get into for a decent barrel and trigger you can get a really good bolt action Browning Bolt Eclipse. Again, all just my opinion.

Shortly after Sandy Hook I sold both my AR's for a ridiculous amount of money. I didn't even feel bad about it.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had two CMMG Ar-15's, one 5.56 and one in 204 Ruger. If we're talking a varmint / coyote round, I think the 204 is the way to go (IMO). To be honest though, I never really understood the whole AR-15 thing. I get that it's a modular system and enables you to have different uppers for different needs, but for the money you get into for a decent barrel and trigger you can get a really good bolt action Browning Bolt Eclipse. Again, all just my opinion.

Shortly after Sandy Hook I sold both my AR's for a ridiculous amount of money. I didn't even feel bad about it.
Well I know you’re smart and know your guns but I would say the answer to the “Ar-15 thing” for me is utility. A well built AR is very reliable, effective for engaging 2 or 4 leg targets, allows for very quick follow up shots, great for cqc at 5 yards, and accurate to 200+ yard with modest optics. You have a ton of bases covered here. I’ll save you all from a soapbox lecture of our duty to keep a well armed citizen militia. Also, I like to shoot 3 gun competitions :)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I know you’re smart and know your guns but I would say the answer to the “Ar-15 thing” for me is utility. A well built AR is very reliable, effective for engaging 2 or 4 leg targets, allows for very quick follow up shots, great for cqc at 5 yards, and accurate to 200+ yard with modest optics. You have a ton of bases covered here. I’ll save you all from a soapbox lecture of our duty to keep a well armed citizen militia. Also, I like to shoot 3 gun competitions :)
All valid points THOR 70, and I'll go along with the multiple targets scenario. I kept my AK pretty much for that reason alone. Well, that and it's fun as shyt to bump fire a 30 round clip :icon16:

Takes a lot of different folks to spin a world as busy as this one. Just imagine if everybody loved Glocks

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
nothing crazy just my MOS G17 on some chaos and pain stuff hell yeahhhh.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only have experience w/ these 2. The 43 is compact carry, the 19 is for the range. Maybe rent one at the range and give it a go.
Some love 'em, some hate 'em, I happen to like all firearms, not picky...
I carry a G19 every day, the one I posted the pic of earlier.
For sure. Buddy has 3 glocks. I'll check them out a bit more when we go next shoot.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
For sure. Buddy has 3 glocks. I'll check them out a bit more when we go next shoot.
For the record, I didn't like them at first. Still not convinced I like a stock grup on one, but the one I bought was a 2004 or so model. Trigger is smooth as butter, and stock as far as I know. A new factory trigger not quite the same. But if the grip fits you you can't go wrong. I had an xdm 9 with the 3.8 barrel and fullsized grip that u carried for a few years. The trigger on it smokes a factory trigger, but some don't like the grip safety. I loved that gun but switched into a glock when my buddy wanted a gun and gave me a good price for it. Check out the xdm line also if possible, or rent one if you can. It's a tack driver.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All valid points THOR 70, and I'll go along with the multiple targets scenario. I kept my AK pretty much for that reason alone. Well, that and it's fun as shyt to bump fire a 30 round clip :icon16:

Takes a lot of different folks to spin a world as busy as this one. Just imagine if everybody loved Glocks
The world would be full of douchebags! Lmbo! :D

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does anyone have any suggestions on a case for an AR? I saw one that held an AR and a shotgun, but I think I want my shotgun out and handy for home defense.

Do you guys keep your home defense weapon locked up or in a case? Right now they’re all just in the corner of the room by my bed. Lol

We went out shooting yesterday, I still need to get a good set up to zero my optic in better, it’s still hitting low, but I’ve been shooting downhill each time so I’d like to get it done on a flat surface at a better distance. Also, I shot my dads Ruger Sr9 for the first timeand really liked it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone have any suggestions on a case for an AR? I saw one that held an AR and a shotgun, but I think I want my shotgun out and handy for home defense.

Do you guys keep your home defense weapon locked up or in a case? Right now they’re all just in the corner of the room by my bed. Lol

We went out shooting yesterday, I still need to get a good set up to zero my optic in better, it’s still hitting low, but I’ve been shooting downhill each time so I’d like to get it done on a flat surface at a better distance. Also, I shot my dads Ruger Sr9 for the first timeand really liked it.
I use a drag bag that carries my 10 and 15 and all the mags.
You’ll want your home defender close and at the ready. Intruders with ill intent will not wait for you to retrieve your cannon lol.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1000-rds-american-eagle-5-56mm-fmj-steel-core-ammo-ten-magpul-pmag-30-5-56x45mm-magazines.html

Here's a good deal on mags and ammo.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Wow smokin deal. What are pmags like $12 bucks? That’s around 25 cents a round if so.
Figure 30 cents/round is common, and pmags can be had for $8-12 depending on how hard you look. This makes them $5. Get on their email list for their daily deals. They run good deals all the time.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;49zwqNDEb14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zwqNDEb14[/video]
I found my new pistol, well first pistol.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;49zwqNDEb14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zwqNDEb14[/video]
I found my new pistol, well first pistol.
First pistol???? Newb. Lol.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Wife wont let me have anything like that since she found out I was a US Army Sniper and my furthest shot was 1200m. I tell all my oldest daughters boyfriends about it. And let them know never to piss them off

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bud, I live in Maryland. Just getting a pistol you have to get finger prints taken. Plus, I forgot, it'll actually be my second pistol. I used to have a Taurus 740, but sold it because I couldn't stand it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bud, I live in Maryland. Just getting a pistol you have to get finger prints taken. Plus, I forgot, it'll actually be my second pistol. I used to have a Taurus 740, but sold it because I couldn't stand it.
I was just giving you sh*t. Lol

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wife wont let me have anything like that since she found out I was a US Army Sniper and my furthest shot was 1200m. I tell all my oldest daughters boyfriends about it. And let them know never to piss them off
Ha! Awesome man!!!!