Firearm Thread

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    My dad is wanting to get a 9mm carbine that will use the same magazines as his Ruger, so if anyone has any suggestions on the ones they've liked we I will let him know to check them out.
    https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Only thing and I don't think it's in stores yet.

2. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Only thing and I don't think it's in stores yet.
    Will it have to be Ruger to utilize the same magazines? I don't really have any idea about the technical specifications of guns to be honest, so that may be a stupid question. Lol
    •   

3. I have a pretty fair collection of firearms. Ranging from a totally pointless (and totally fun) NAA-22MC to my latest acquisition of a Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm. That my wife still hasn't discovered yet.

And the everything in between......Ruger Mark IV Target and a Mark IV Hunter, Smith & Wesson Model 60 .38 spl, Ruger Blackhawk Hunter Bisley 44 mag, Colt Mustang Pocket-lite .380, Kahr CW 380, Ruger Sr .40SW, 2 different Colt 1911 M1-A's (one was my Uncles sidearm), Springfield Loaded 1911 stainless, Colt Combat Commander, 2 Marlin Model 60 .22 rifles that my Dad bought for us in 1973 from Shipmans Sporting goods ( I remember it like it happened yesterday), Remington 20 gauge pump, 2 Winchester Model 12's, Sako Vixen .222 Remington Magnum, cheapo Century AK-47
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Will it have to be Ruger to utilize the same magazines? I don't really have any idea about the technical specifications of guns to be honest, so that may be a stupid question. Lol
    Yes because no one else makes anything that will accept the Ruger mags. It also can take Glock mags which is good, but looks like it's going to sell for $500+.
    https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...-fluted-barrel

It would be cheaper to grab a high point carbine and mags for it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm. That my wife still hasn't discovered yet.
    Damn you!!!!!! Pics now of the Dan!!!!!!!

I've been thinking of getting a 10mm in 1911. How do u like it?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Damn you!!!!!! Pics now of the Dan!!!!!!!

I've been thinking of getting a 10mm in 1911. How do u like it?
    I love it. I'm a big fan of the 1911 platform anyway, and 10 mm makes it that much more fun. Here's a picture from when I originally bought it a few months back.

5935454_05_dan_wesson_silverback_10_mm_640.jpg
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

7. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I love it. I'm a big fan of the 1911 platform anyway, and 10 mm makes it that much more fun. Here's a picture from when I originally bought it a few months back.

5935454_05_dan_wesson_silverback_10_mm_640.jpg
    Beautiful. I picked up a Kimber eclipse custom 10 mm last year and itís been no turning back.

8. What do you guys think about the Sig 320? Looking to try it out. I shot the 226 and LOVED it (although could not prolly conceal that bad boy- super heavy). Just got my FOID and looking at my first purchase (shot various from Glock 17/19, to S&W MP, to H&K P30/compact, and the 226 was my fav for sure)

9. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Beautiful. I picked up a Kimber eclipse custom 10 mm last year and it’s been no turning back.
    Kimbers are nice. I picked up an Eclipse Target a few years back chambered in .38 Super, that I thought I just had to have. Sold it after only having it for a few months to somebody who wanted it worse than I did.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

10. Quote Originally Posted by cubs1987 View Post
    What do you guys think about the Sig 320? Looking to try it out. I shot the 226 and LOVED it (although could not prolly conceal that bad boy- super heavy). Just got my FOID and looking at my first purchase (shot various from Glock 17/19, to S&W MP, to H&K P30/compact, and the 226 was my fav for sure)
    Sig makes some fantastic weapons. It really boils down to what you like, and it sounds like it fits you just fine!!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

11. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Sig makes some fantastic weapons. It really boils down to what you like, and it sounds like it fits you just fine!!
    To me Sig's are over priced junk because SEALs use them.....give me a MARSOC 1911 anyday

12. Personally, I hate a rail on a 1911.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

13. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Personally, I hate a rail on a 1911.
    Damn your eyes!!!!!!
  14. Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

15. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Attachment 159215

They feel better when you customize the grip some.

I did this myself, smoothed out the bump on the backstrap, removed the finger bumps on the front, and added some texture. Feels nice now. I'm working on another that's about half way done, just need to finish up the heavy work before I start the texture.

Which Taurus are you thinking of? I've shot the Millennium G2 and hate the trigger. Gun feels nice, but trigger is so long I thought it was broke because it didn't go off. I hear some are better than others, so if your shop has multiples, I'd try them all till you get one that works for you.
    I like guns to look pretty. I know the appeal of Glock is basically just a brick that shoots, but still when you do that to a Glock it goes from an ugly brick to an ungodly ugly brick.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    I like guns to look pretty. I know the appeal of Glock is basically just a brick that shoots, but still when you do that to a Glock it goes from an ugly brick to an ungodly ugly brick.
    It's actually not a brick anymore. I agree a factory glock feels like one in my hand since the finger bumps don't fit my hand well. Removing them and slightly shrinking the circumference makes a huge difference.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    I agree with this. I have firearms that are tools, and I have some that I consider art. I held a nickel plated Colt Python at a gunshow one time. The wood grips were flawless. Every part mated perfectly. It was a true work of art. The kind of weapon that you don't carry concealed, you wear it on your belt for everyone to enjoy. $3,000 price tag and worth every penny. Some day, I'll hold that in my hand again and I won't set it back down.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

18. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I agree with this. I have firearms that are tools, and I have some that I consider art. I held a nickel plated Colt Python at a gunshow one time. The wood grips were flawless. Every part mated perfectly. It was a true work of art. The kind of weapon that you don't carry concealed, you wear it on your belt for everyone to enjoy. $3,000 price tag and worth every penny. Some day, I'll hold that in my hand again and I won't set it back down.
    I'm that kind of asshat that would CCW $3k pistol or drag it out hunting in the woods. But I'm not to smart

19. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I have a pretty fair collection of firearms. Ranging from a totally pointless (and totally fun) NAA-22MC to my latest acquisition of a Dan Wesson Silverback in 10mm. That my wife still hasn't discovered yet.

And the everything in between......Ruger Mark IV Target and a Mark IV Hunter, Smith & Wesson Model 60 .38 spl, Ruger Blackhawk Hunter Bisley 44 mag, Colt Mustang Pocket-lite .380, Kahr CW 380, Ruger Sr .40SW, 2 different Colt 1911 M1-A's (one was my Uncles sidearm), Springfield Loaded 1911 stainless, Colt Combat Commander, 2 Marlin Model 60 .22 rifles that my Dad bought for us in 1973 from Shipmans Sporting goods ( I remember it like it happened yesterday), Remington 20 gauge pump, 2 Winchester Model 12's, Sako Vixen .222 Remington Magnum, cheapo Century AK-47
    Somebody likes 1911s! Lol! I only have 2 of them. A Kimber Tactical Custom II that I customized slightly for competition and a Rock Island compact that I got brand new for $250. The RI really surprised me for how well built and smooth it functions! Accuracy is pretty darn good too. It can't quite keep up with the Kimber, but it's still no slouch.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

20. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I'm that kind of asshat that would CCW $3k pistol or drag it out hunting in the woods. But I'm not to smart
    Does it make me an asshat to have a Springfield NM M14 paired with a Springfield scope as a truck gun?

21. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    I'm one of those guys that doesn't want a "flashy" gun, except for my AR because that's just fun. I can't stand the Glocks though. The balance is off for me and they don't feel good in my hand. Left or right. Some friends would shoot custom Glocks in competition and I tried shooting theirs but I just couldn't get past the way they sit in my hands. Give me my EAA Witness CC any day!

22. Speaking of fancy guns, the 44 automag is coming back.

23. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Somebody likes 1911s! Lol! I only have 2 of them. A Kimber Tactical Custom II that I customized slightly for competition and a Rock Island compact that I got brand new for $250. The RI really surprised me for how well built and smooth it functions! Accuracy is pretty darn good too. It can't quite keep up with the Kimber, but it's still no slouch.
    I've always been impressed with the quality of the Rock Island 1911's that I've shot considering the price. Same with the Rugers.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

24. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Does it make me an asshat to have a Springfield NM M14 paired with a Springfield scope as a truck gun?
    Ummm, no. That isn't what makes you an asshat.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

25. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I know there has to be a few people here that are interested in guns.. I just got an AR so I am getting more into them than I was previously. I have hunted for several years, mainly dove and turkey because they are the most fun for me. I don't like deer hunting too much because I don't like sitting still for that long. Lol

So far with the AR all I have done is get an optic. I put a Vortex Strikefire II on it so I could go out and shoot with some buddies after I got it. My next plan is to replace the aluminum railed gas block it came with and also change out the handguard and put on a vertical fore grip. I think I'm going to get a mid length Midwest Industries drop in M-LOK handguard. I don't think I'm going to switch to a free float right now, it came with a drop in and I am fine with the accuracy I'm getting with that. After my girlfriend shoots it and depending on how she likes it, I want to start picking up some parts and build her one from scratch.

I have a Mossberg 702 Plinkster (.22), a Benelli Nova 20ga Pump, and I just got the DPMS Oracle. I plan on getting some sort of handgun in the next year or so as well.

Anyways, what all do you guys have?
    My 300 blk is my pride and Joy. Also have a .45 XD and out of all the handguns I've fired it has been my favorite.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1039
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  2. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  3. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
  4. The "What you want for christmas" thread