Snowflake test

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    I admit that I'm a little confused how workplace benefits, sick leave, and salaries/raises rope into being a "snowflake."
    Because you're asking for "special treatment", I guess. Beats the hell outta me.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    Lol, such an extensive vocabulary!

    Are you the kinda guy who wears sunglasses to funerals? Or do you just wait until you get home to let it all out so that noone can see you?

    The fact that you have to resort to name calling speaks to your weakness. Your insistence on dividing the US based on your ridiculous views on masculinity is nothing more than a fear based reaction to the changes that are inevitably coming.

    Feeling a bit vulnerable?
    hope this nonsense wasn't directed at me....because theres no fear of change in me, change is good when it's needed, the change in America isn't happening, it's just liberal snowflakes trying to push their agenda, most ppl just laugh at them like I do
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    I admit that I'm a little confused how workplace benefits, sick leave, and salaries/raises rope into being a "snowflake."
    I think it's because the liberal snowflakes have such a weak work ethic....so they believe everyone should have 8 months of sick and vacation time
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I think it's because the liberal snowflakes have such a weak work ethic....so they believe everyone should have 8 months of sick and vacation time
    I think it should have been broken out a little more. The push for $15 wages for McDonald's employees was ridiculous and certainly entitled employees without experience thinking they deserve every benefit under the sun are annoying. However, I think in the grand picture, we get taken advantage too much by corporations to then defend them for underpaying us and not giving benefits (by attacking the disgruntled employees as being snowflakes). We give our lives to our work and we would be idiots to not get all that we can. If another company offers you better pay/benefits that will help your life and your family, take it. Always take it. Or use it to leverage similar increases at your current job. Many of us will see our workplace more than we see our wife and kids! Nothing political about that.

    I get your point, though, and agree about that particular sect of people.
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    I think it should have been broken out a little more. The push for $15 wages for McDonald's employees was ridiculous and certainly entitled employees without experience thinking they deserve every benefit under the sun are annoying. However, I think in the grand picture, we get taken advantage too much by corporations to then defend them for underpaying us and not giving benefits (by attacking the disgruntled employees as being snowflakes). We give our lives to our work and we would be idiots to not get all that we can. If another company offers you better pay/benefits that will help your life and your family, take it. Always take it. Or use it to leverage similar increases at your current job. Many of us will see our workplace more than we see our wife and kids! Nothing political about that.

    I get your point, though, and agree about that particular sect of people.
    oh I agree....I just know from experience where I work....it's one of the best paying places in our area, we get 3 weeks vacation and 5 weeks vacation after 3 years and ppl still complain and abuse their leave or complain about the job is too difficult for what they make, my last training class, we had like 9 ppl drop out before training was even over, it's paid 3 month training

    then my parents look at me like I'm spoiled because they worked for companies for 30 years and only had 3 weeks vacation or my raises are automatic each year....the kids don't seem to value anything anymore
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    oh I agree....I just know from experience where I work....it's one of the best paying places in our area, we get 3 weeks vacation and 5 weeks vacation after 3 years and ppl still complain and abuse their leave or complain about the job is too difficult for what they make, my last training class, we had like 9 ppl drop out before training was even over, it's paid 3 month training

    then my parents look at me like I'm spoiled because they worked for companies for 30 years and only had 3 weeks vacation or my raises are automatic each year....the kids don't seem to value anything anymore
    Dang. Five weeks of vacation is pretty sweet. What do these people think they're going to get elsewhere? Geez. And that's a lot of people to quit halfway through the training. Your employer probably lost a lot of money between the paid training and employee processing/hiring.
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    Dang. Five weeks of vacation is pretty sweet. What do these people think they're going to get elsewhere? Geez. And that's a lot of people to quit halfway through the training. Your employer probably lost a lot of money between the paid training and employee processing/hiring.
    haha yeah I'm sure they lose money....even the union where I work laughs at these ppl when they complain about vacation and sick time because for the most part it's completely fair

    so I think that's where the question comes into play on the first page
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    haha yeah I'm sure they lose money....even the union where I work laughs at these ppl when they complain about vacation and sick time because for the most part it's completely fair

    so I think that's where the question comes into play on the first page
    That makes sense. People seem to always want more. I see many people I know who go into debt to have Cable TV and brand new iPhones with unlimited data plans as if they're necessities. Even while living off their parents already, they still won't cut unneeded expenses. I wasn't raised that way.
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    That makes sense. People seem to always want more. I see many people I know who go into debt to have Cable TV and brand new iPhones with unlimited data plans as if they're necessities. Even while living off their parents already, they still won't cut unneeded expenses. I wasn't raised that way.
    yeah me either, one thing I won't understand is people who live above their means....you really need a benz when you can't pay your credit card off and ruin you credit just so you can look cool?

    I know a 20 something year old girl who told her parents that Christmas was ruined because they wouldn't buy her a $140 Hermes plate...a plate, the girl is so spoiled shes never cooked a day in her life
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  10. Damn... wish I hadn't come in here. Thought this was going to be a lighthearted thread with a little humor in it, boy was I wrong... You all enjoy!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Damn... wish I hadn't come in here. Thought this was going to be a lighthearted thread with a little humor in it, boy was I wrong... You all enjoy!
    haha it's all light hearted....calling someone a name is just funny, even though it's true....I may not like the way someone lives and they might not how I live....it's the ppl that let it affect there own lives is when it becomes a problem
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  12. There are snowflakes and then there are people who are snowflakes about people being snowflakes. It's really just a blizzard. Haha.
    "It's the human condition to always lust, to always lust for more
    Searching in the dark, it's time to tame your wandering heart."

  13. It's anything but lighthearted. It's dehumanizing people by calling them a name. It's easier to dismiss anything someone says when they are a "snowflake" instead of an American citizen or fellow human.

    It's also meant to deride people for having a different political or moral viewpoint than you.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    It's anything but lighthearted. It's dehumanizing people by calling them a name. It's easier to dismiss anything someone says when they are a "snowflake" instead of an American citizen or fellow human.

    It's also meant to deride people for having a different political or moral viewpoint than you.
    ahahahaha....good one
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    haha yeah I'm sure they lose money....even the union where I work laughs at these ppl when they complain about vacation and sick time because for the most part it's completely fair

    so I think that's where the question comes into play on the first page
    My union gets us 5 weeks Vaca after 25 years. I'll hit 20 in 2019 and get my 4th week added.

  16. I negotiated 4 weeks right off the bat. I did not want to wait 10 or 20 years. I enjoy my time off too much. I'm in sales though, so we do usually work even on our personal time. It all evens out.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    My union gets us 5 weeks Vaca after 25 years. I'll hit 20 in 2019 and get my 4th week added.
    I think we get 6 weeks after 15 years...but our sick time is always 3 weeks a year...that doesnt increase like vacation does

    I always hit use or lose and carry over the max but a lot of ppl dont even have 40 hours of vacation or sick
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    I think we get 6 weeks after 15 years...but our sick time is always 3 weeks a year...that doesnt increase like vacation does

    I always hit use or lose and carry over the max but a lot of ppl dont even have 40 hours of vacation or sick
    We get 4 days personal time, and 4 sick "freebie" days we can call out for any reason and no penalty. If you don't use those days during the year, they give us a weeks pay. I took their free money the first year and have had to burn those days ever since because they wouldn't approve a vacation day when I needed to be out. Plus all paid holidays, and a floating holiday. Our carryover has to be used by March 31, and I usually carry 5 days over.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    We get 4 days personal time, and 4 sick "freebie" days we can call out for any reason and no penalty. If you don't use those days during the year, they give us a weeks pay. I took their free money the first year and have had to burn those days ever since because they wouldn't approve a vacation day when I needed to be out. Plus all paid holidays, and a floating holiday. Our carryover has to be used by March 31, and I usually carry 5 days over.
    i wish we could get paid back, that's one thing that we dont' have that I wish we did....right now I have 14.5 weeks of sick time built up because you can have unlimited......my ex gf used to have to stay late once in awhile or go to late night meetings and then would sell back a week at the end of the year....it paid for most of her Christmas presents each year
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  20. Itís funny how the term snowflake is always used by the people with the lowest mental capacity. Half of those questions are absolutely pointless lol

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    It’s funny how the term snowflake is always used by the people with the lowest mental capacity. Half of those questions are absolutely pointless lol
    questions are pointless...explain how ppl who use a term have low mental capacity haha
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    questions are pointless...explain how ppl who use a term have low mental capacity haha
    The only people I’ve ever heard call someone snowflake are close minded, ignorant “tough guys”. The same kind of person who tries to fight you for having a different opinion on something.

    I’d post a screenshot, but the first time I saw it was on Facebook by a bunch of rig hands who couldn’t even write a basic sentence with horrendous grammar or spelling errors. Yet they felt the need to call someone out and berate someone for complaining that an oil rig was too loud next to their house.

    Everytime after that it’s been the same type of person using the word. I’m sure not all people who use it have an extra chromosome, but it definitely gives a stereotype atleast where I’m from lol

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    The only people I’ve ever heard call someone snowflake are close minded, ignorant “tough guys”. The same kind of person who tries to fight you for having a different opinion on something.

    I’d post a screenshot, but the first time I saw it was on Facebook by a bunch of rig hands who couldn’t even write a basic sentence with horrendous grammar or spelling errors. Yet they felt the need to call someone out and berate someone for complaining that an oil rig was too loud next to their house.

    Everytime after that it’s been the same type of person using the word. I’m sure not all people who use it have an extra chromosome, but it definitely gives a stereotype atleast where I’m from lol
    Interesting....usually i end up calling someone a snowflake when they try to fight me for not buying into their agenda

    Like a local vegan restaurant that tried to embarass me when i didnt like their food at a local event....it didnt work out to well for them
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

  24. This just occurred to me while reading this thread, but just something to consider.

    You all may consider snowflakes weak, but a group of snowflakes makes an avalanche and that's a very strong force...

    No I am not a snowflake, or whatever the opposite would be, I guess that could be called callused. Just someone who lives life somewhere in the middle with a happy medium. I just thought that was interesting that what is being pointed out as a weakness can have great strength also...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    This just occurred to me while reading this thread, but just something to consider.

    You all may consider snowflakes weak, but a group of snowflakes makes an avalanche and that's a very strong force...

    No I am not a snowflake, or whatever the opposite would be, I guess that could be called callused. Just someone who lives life somewhere in the middle with a happy medium. I just thought that was interesting that what is being pointed out as a weakness can have great strength also...
    a snowflake isn't defined as being weak or strong really

    here is the definition:

    A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own. This term is most often use to describe people left-leaning people, but can be applied both left and right wing people.


    in my experience they usually whine a lot and can't necessarily back up their opinions with logical reasoning and tend to not like to get down and dirty in the workplace
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. piss testing
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
  2. Price for test
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 03:29 AM
  3. 1-test questions
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2002, 10:22 AM
  4. Testing out my 4-AD brew...
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 12:29 AM
  5. First test thread...
    By Chemo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Log in
Log in