Gun Talk: 10mm

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. You can get different sights. My used glock came with older 3 dot night sights. I've never shot the u shaped sights. Maybe see if you can find a 10mm with different sights than usual stock ones.

2. Man, you guys are blessed! Here in Australia our gun laws are rather restrictive. They pretty much wont the average joe have s**t!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nope View Post
    Man, you guys are blessed! Here in Australia our gun laws are rather restrictive. They pretty much wont the average joe have s**t!
    Webleys and Enfields all gone?

4. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Webleys and Enfields all gone?
    Lol!!

I almost bought a Webley Mark I at a gun show one time just for shyts and giggles. I probably would have been too scared to shoot it, honestly. Thing was interesting for sure.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

5. I have four., one each .455 into .45acp; .455, two each .38.

I would only shoot wadcutters through the .45acp conversion. Already at the top end in terms of pressure
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    I have four., one each .455 into .45acp; .455, two each .38.

I would only shoot wadcutters through the .45acp conversion. Already at the top end in terms of pressure
    Reload and down load the rounds

7. 'm surprised no body wanted to vote on the FN 5seven??? That gun with a 24 round mag is a do it all. I have a Springfield SDM45 with 5.5 inch threaded barrel and suppressor. I wish I stuck with a 9mm though.

In hollow pt, shreader, counter pt, rounds the 9 mm is almost as destructive. the only diff is the distance is way off the 45 has 2x distance of lethality.
    I also had a 357mg auto that was fun but just more bang than I needed.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Reload and down load the rounds
    There is a 750FPS 45ACP. I believe it is about 16000psi. Right in Webley's proofed range. Have it bookmarked. Sadly have not gone shooting in a few years. Bro. is away out of country the past few years. It is a family thing we did.

9. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    There is a 750FPS 45ACP. I believe it is about 16000psi. Right in Webley's proofed range. Have it bookmarked. Sadly have not gone shooting in a few years. Bro. is away out of country the past few years. It is a family thing we did.
    Yah the 45acp is a versitile round, I guess I should have said I want another 9mm. I love my 45 with a 5" BCS suppresor I can kill the robber and his family without waking anyone. I love that gun.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    'm surprised no body wanted to vote on the FN 5seven??? That gun with a 24 round mag is a do it all. I have a Springfield SDM45 with 5.5 inch threaded barrel and suppressor. I wish I stuck with a 9mm though.

In hollow pt, shreader, counter pt, rounds the 9 mm is almost as destructive. the only diff is the distance is way off the 45 has 2x distance of lethality.
    Dude the FN 5.7 is such a cool gun/round! On my dream list right after my sig x five

11. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Dude the FN 5.7 is such a cool gun/round! On my dream list right after my sig x five
    Its on my list but I think its reduntant to have more than 2 guns in each catagory and I have 2 handguns: my 45 and a H&K 9mm.

But check out Nimo arms recon rifle. I'm saving for that with a suppresor and a predator 2 scope. I shot one of the Nimo 300mags and it kicks like less that a AR-15 it's insane how you can stay scoped in. I hope to go on a rampage shooting from a clock tower soon

12. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    'm surprised no body wanted to vote on the FN 5seven??? That gun with a 24 round mag is a do it all. I have a Springfield SDM45 with 5.5 inch threaded barrel and suppressor. I wish I stuck with a 9mm though.

Personally, IMO, the 5.7 is an overrated round and in the case of the FN, far too expensive of a handgun for what you're getting. I think there are far better choices when it comes to a home / self defense handgun. If you want one just because you want one, go for it. But I'd take a pass if it's going to be for defensive purposes. Again, IMO.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
  13. Gun Talk: 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Personally, IMO, the 5.7 is an overrated round and in the case of the FN, far too expensive of a handgun for what you're getting. I think there are far better choices when it comes to a home / self defense handgun. If you want one just because you want one, go for it. But I'd take a pass if it's going to be for defensive purposes. Again, IMO.
    I agree itís expensive but I would say the round is underrated due to its velocity, capacity ability, and penetration capabilities. I think it would be a blast to shoot with low recoil and fast follow up shots. But I canít afford the ammo right now so Iím saving for the sig x five as I want to get into 3 gun competitions. My saving was severely set back when I purchased this last weekend on a whim IMG_1997.jpg

14. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    Its on my list but I think its reduntant to have more than 2 guns in each catagory and I have 2 handguns: my 45 and a H&K 9mm.

But check out Nimo arms recon rifle. I'm saving for that with a suppresor and a predator 2 scope. I shot one of the Nimo 300mags and it kicks like less that a AR-15 it's insane how you can stay scoped in. I hope to go on a rampage shooting from a clock tower soon
    Iím afraid to look as I just picked up a 6.5 creedmore and donít want to fall in love again just yet haha. It kicks like a .243 and I hit a coyote size steel target at 620 years and 400 yards was too easy haha

15. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Couldnít help it I looked. Glad that is a gas gun and 4 times the cost of my new 6.5 lol gives me something to dream in my dreams about lol

16. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Couldn’t help it I looked. Glad that is a gas gun and 4 times the cost of my new 6.5 lol gives me something to dream in my dreams about lol
    with the suppressor and scope it's 7k so it will be the most expensive purchase that doesn't have a motor or a mortgage but you with the Predator 2 scope it instantly calculates windage, drop, and fade making it possible to stay scoped in and punch through 1/2" steele targets at 1000 yards with about 3 sconds between shots. It's the most effective killing machine I have seen since I fired a mini-gun

17. Quote Originally Posted by FRITZBLITZ View Post
    with the suppressor and scope it's 7k so it will be the most expensive purchase that doesn't have a motor or a mortgage but you with the Predator 2 scope it instantly calculates windage, drop, and fade making it possible to stay scoped in and punch through 1/2" steele targets at 1000 yards with about 3 sconds between shots. It's the most effective killing machine I have seen since I fired a mini-gun
    Sound like a blast!

18. I know I started the thread about 10mm, but once my handgun license clears, I have my eye on a S&W M&P 2.0 in 40. They're only $425-$485 at my local shop. The guy told me the more expensive ones come with better sights. I'm going to get the more expensive one and opt for a manual safety. I am going to just stock up on Winchester 155 grain hollow points. If I remember correctly, they have a muzzle energy of 512 pounds and a speed about 1150 FPS. A box of 20 cost $15. I might get some Winchester FMJ 165 grain at Walmart. $55 for a box of 200. I just really like the M&P and for the price it's very hard to beat.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 04:35 PM
  2. Schwarzenegger's Sex Talk In Oui Magazine
    By Gaf Knee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 07:07 PM
  3. I was robbed at KFC w/o a gun
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 10:15 PM