VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glaube Feitosa
Tuesday 27th of April 2010 10:00 AM By Erik Engelhart
One of the great Brazilian names at K-1 and Karate, Glaube Feitosa is focused on the training on the UDL, especially on the preparation of Maurício Shogun for his fight against Lyoto Machida on UFC 113. In an interview with TATAME, Glaube commented the trainings, talked about the expectations for the fight and revealed the he’s not likely to go back to the rings. “I don’t have a deadline to go back to fighting, maybe I never come back… If I retire, I’ll be satisfied”, said the fighter, on the exclusive chat which you can check below.

How are Shogun’s trainings on UDL?

Very good, we’ve been practicing a little and it’s been a good partnership. I’m new in Curitiba and Shogun has opened his gym’s doors for me. I got here in Curitiba with my family in January and I’m adapting pretty well to the city.

What is the focus of the trainings you’ve been given?

I try to help on the left-handed part, do some mix, since my part is standing. My business is not ground or MMA, my specialty is standing up. I started training in UDL for friendship I have with Shogun, but not exclusively training with him. I train with the entire team, but when they get together I try to simulate Lyoto game, exchange bases and both sides win.

Do you think Lyoto with set a strategy of low kicks, which injured him so much on the first fight?

For sure, he hasn’t gotten to the belt out of the blue. It’s not by chance he’s the champion, he and his crew are very clever and will try to neutralize this low kicks game, preparing something for the upper part. I think they’ll settle a strategy of counterattacks on the punches upon the Shogun’s low kicks.

And how does Shogun should react to these possible counterattacks?

Since Lyoto may counterattack, Shogun must be aware of that and prepared to give him some attacks back. He must take these counterattacks knowing they’ll happen, so that he’s not caught by surprise, the idea is to play the Shogun blows upon Lyoto’s counterattacks. Shogun has to be the last to hit, something hard when it comes to Lyoto, but that’s the main goal.

What did you think of the first Lyoto and Shogun’s fight?

Of course I wouldn’t be neutral because I’ve been training with Shogun, but I think he won. The fight was really tied, balanced and on that occasions the tie-breaker is the aggressiveness and Shogun tried more and indeed was more aggressive.

Many think that Shogun didn’t do enough to take Lyoto’s belt...

I don’t believe on that theory, I think that the athletes are equivalent from the moment they enter the octagon. The belt’s owner can’t go there in advantage just because he’s the champion. Some come and say Shogun was better, but not enough to take Lyoto’s belt off him. Was he a little better? So he won the fight.

When will you come back on the K-1 rings?

I’m in another phase of my life now. I’ve been fighting for eleven years, my relationship with the event is a little saturated... It was done at the end, it’s a joint of several things.. I’m 37 years old, it’s not so pleasurable for me to leave my family for a whole month, like I used to, for my preparation in Japan. I got a two-year-old boy, my son Diego, and I’m more focused on my family right now. I don’t have a deadline to go back to fighting, maybe I never come back.. If I retire, I’ll be satisfied.

Have you received any MMA proposal? This is not an interesting market for you?

I’ve never had a concrete offer. I’ve trained with the people, here in UDL I watch the trainings, but I think it’s too late to start on a new modality. I think it’s not worth it to risk it all. MMA is on a high level nowadays and I would need like two years of preparation and adaptation and, since I’ll already 37, it’s not worth it.
Here are some highlight vids of Glaube Feitosa, they rival Mirco Crocops old HL vids.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That Brazilian kick looks so much sicker then a regular high kick.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really think Shogun is going to take it this time. I was very suprised after the last one, and I think he might be the one at 205 to solve Machida

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really think Shogun is going to take it this time. I was very suprised after the last one, and I think he might be the one at 205 to solve Machida
I really want Shogun to get and without beating a dead horse, I felt he was robbed. However, my gut says Lyoto pulls this one out. Shogun already stated he was going to do pretty much of the same, strategy wise, but I think Lyoto will try to adjust his own game plan, specific to Shogun's strategy.

Kegger

Awards
Glaube was always one of my most favorite fighters to watch in K1. Every fight, you are just waiting for that Brazilian kick to come out of no where. To this day, that is still the sickest kick in all of K1 and MMA.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly cannot say that Nova Uniao are Greg Jackson-like in terms of being strategist. When you look back at all the Dragon's fights, it is not his strategy per se that wins fights, but his completely unorthodox style, timing, and so forth. They key to defeating him is timing his attacks and predicting those odd Karate angles, and I think whatever strategy Shogun employs, he is capable of doing that.

I think Shogun tenders Lyoto's body with kicks, removes some of his mobility, and then becomes more aggressive in the clinch which he did not use last time.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly cannot say that Nova Uniao are Greg Jackson-like in terms of being strategist. When you look back at all the Dragon's fights, it is not his strategy per se that wins fights, but his completely unorthodox style, timing, and so forth. They key to defeating him is timing his attacks and predicting those odd Karate angles, and I think whatever strategy Shogun employs, he is capable of doing that.

I think Shogun tenders Lyoto's body with kicks, removes some of his mobility, and then becomes more aggressive in the clinch which he did not use last time.
What do you think about the whole, (potential) GSP vs Shields debacle? I don't think it's like Dana to invest (along with generating public hype) in a new fighter just to break him upon his debut, but I can't imagine Dana genuinely feels Shields aka mini-me GSP, is the answer to GSP.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if Dana (with his recent disgust for Anderson) might view Shields at 185 as opposed to 170. Considering his domination of Hendo, he might want to see Shields do the same at 185. Dont think he can, but I think IF Shields can avoid an onslaught, he could control Anderson for a bit on the ground.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if Dana (with his recent disgust for Anderson) might view Shields at 185 as opposed to 170. Considering his domination of Hendo, he might want to see Shields do the same at 185. Dont think he can, but I think IF Shields can avoid an onslaught, he could control Anderson for a bit on the ground.
Anderson's like-ability sure has fallen off the deep end. He's probably still as popular if not more so then he's ever been, but he now carries an overwhelmingly negative light.

I don't know who & how, but I sure hope he gets beat. At the moment, I don't see anyone giving Andy a legitimate fight outside of Lyoto, Shogun and GSP.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think about the whole, (potential) GSP vs Shields debacle? I don't think it's like Dana to invest (along with generating public hype) in a new fighter just to break him upon his debut, but I can't imagine Dana genuinely feels Shields aka mini-me GSP, is the answer to GSP.
Not sure myself. How well known is Shields to the casual fan, and how marketable is his SF belt, and will his stock be increased with an immediate title shot or a contender fight? I think those three questions are important for Dana White at this point.

Shields convinced me a few weeks ago, absolutely no doubt, however: GSP is the best at everything Shields is good at. And really, that is just honest, not GSP-bias on my part. There is a 5% chance that Shields could take GSP down in the same fashion he took Hendo down, and if he did, GSP's JJ is more competent than Hendo's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 12
-MVP- Weight Loss 16
Supplements 0
MMA 7
Lord_Of_Iron Nutrition / Health 2