Gym selfies

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
Ok, with the risk of sounding like one of these 22 year old self proclaimed princesses that have a million instagram photos.

We all like to track your progress, especially those of us that set high standards or are goal driven (show, training camp, etc) so what is the best way to take pictures:

A) Without looking like a total knob.

B) Procure the best lighting and environment to see true results

I follow a few groups on Facebook, mostly fitness chick's or dudes. Some athletes etc. They seem to make locker room pictures and gym selfies look pretty damn professional. How is this accomplished?

See these are the topics I bring, I'm not afraid to break down the walls and say it for what it is.

Let's face it, we are all want to track our progress.

Thoughts?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Progress" pics...

Behind 1 perfect selfie is 45 others that didn't make it...

That is how you accomplish it.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Filter on your phone. Secondly, why not take your half naked pics at home, so we don't have to walk past you being a douchebag in the middle of the locker room? Not you personally, just everyone else in the world that does it.

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
There in lies the problem. My mirror situation at home sucks. I am not that guy, dint worry. I am wondering how people do accomplish it tho. Anytime I do take update pics, it's generally about midnight and in the yoga room.

I was just curious about lighting etc.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want to track your progress you say?. How about logging your workouts?. I use a pen and paper and don't post them on the internet because I'm not a self absorbed douche-bag. You want to see how pretty you are?. Use a mirror princess.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always track my progress.

I have a workout log. I have a mirror. I have a scale. I have a tape measure. I even have a camera.

It's my business and not for the world.

The only selfies I look at are of puccah8808

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
Ummm. I don't post them on the Internet. I do track my lifts, stats, gains etc. Thanks for your wise and insightful input. And the name calling is just a bonus. Aghta girl...

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
Btw. My above statement was not directed at you David

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There in lies the problem. My mirror situation at home sucks. I am not that guy, dint worry. I am wondering how people do accomplish it tho. Anytime I do take update pics, it's generally about midnight and in the yoga room.

I was just curious about lighting etc.
What you're doing now should be good enough to track progress. As long as you're doing it in the same room with the same lighting, you should be able to see changes.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol I saw two dildos taking about 30 shots of themselves in the same position next to the power rack the other day.They looked like such knobs. These two kids should not be using hormones yet of course..they are

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
As Aleksandar37 said, the most important when taking progress pics is that you use the same lighting every time. Good practice could be taking pics in a room with good daylight (w big window/s and sunny day outside, and a thin white fabric/curtain softening the light coming in). Background the same every time, empty white wall ie. Other important factors include what lens/focal length and distance between it and yourself. For example if you use wide angle lens and stand very close to it you look wide as fck. Also if you use a mirror it can effect alot how you look (depending on the mirror itself).
I suck at taking progress pics myself, too lazy. But Im a photographer(or used to be) so I know a bit how this stuff works.

TNmuscle

TNmuscle

Awards
Wow, donnieM and alelsandar37, coming in with real input and intelligent insight. Thanks guys for keeping it classy. Thanks for your input as well.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, donnieM and alelsandar37, coming in with real input and intelligent insight. Thanks guys for keeping it classy. Thanks for your input as well.
Don't mind the negative posts. They're not worth the time and are better ignored.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I can't tell you how many crap photos I take just to get one or two that "look good" for IG as far as progress photos same place. Same time. Same pose.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, they say one person's trash is another person's treasure ;-)