Need opinions on the Fax/scanner/printers machines

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for opinions here. I'm looking for one of those all in one machines that is a printer/fax/scanner for the home. I bought a Lexmark one (actually I didn't buy it as I know lexmark is dogshit). Anyway I need help fellas my daily runs to Staples is costing me an arm and a leg. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks, J

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have both a HP and Epson and like them both. The epson does the job just as well and is cheaper to buy and replace the ink cartridges.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've had problems with my Epsons in the past.

HP's I've always had better luck with.

ATM, I've actually got a Lexmark x6150 that has been great to me. Printer, Scanner, Fax, Copier and it does great photo quality prints. Was cheap, too.

I've heard bac things about Lexmarks, but this one has been great to me.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I would go with an HP. I've worked with every manufacturer and HP and Cannon are my choices.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bobo how long have you had them. I've had a few Epson printers and it seems like they all break or malfunction within 2 years. And why do u have 2? LOL Send me one you greedy bastard.:D

Keep the comments coming, appreciate it.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have an Epson printer, and scanner, and both work great. Cannon is a reputable brand as well.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i have an HP all-in-one. pretty good printer...the ink is expensive, but you can buy those generic brands cartridges for about 33% the price of HP.

if you are going to print a lot...get a laser all-in-one.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
These machines may have improved from about five years or go or so when I tried two all in one machines, my experience was that they did'nt do any one thing very well.

I've had good experience buying used HP laserjets at Ebay, I'm currently using one at home and one at my office , both were only about $75 each and have worked well at about 50 pages per day volume for 3 years plus.

HP Laserjets don't do graphics well, but they are a reliable workhorse for crisp text.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well..if it works, it works. I wouldn't worry too much ;) If it makes yo u feel any better, I've had an HP break on my once :D
I always have bad luck with HP's, but I just can't resist the bargain prices I always see them at.:hammer:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'd like that thank you all for the info and responses. I just got back and picked myself up a brother all in one laser jet. I dropped about $400 on this fucker so it should be good to go. I've gotten a lot of good remarks about brother but the price was a bit higher then I wanted to pay. Ah well hopefully I'm good to go now. Thanks fella's J

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I'd like that thank you all for the info and responses. I just got back and picked myself up a brother all in one laser jet. I dropped about $400 on this fucker so it should be good to go. I've gotten a lot of good remarks about brother but the price was a bit higher then I wanted to pay. Ah well hopefully I'm good to go now. Thanks fella's J
LOL I think that was the only brand not mentioned in here, you dumbass! :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bobo how long have you had them. I've had a few Epson printers and it seems like they all break or malfunction within 2 years. And why do u have 2? LOL Send me one you greedy bastard.:D

Keep the comments coming, appreciate it.
I have several offices :D

I've had the Epson for 6 months and it has worked extremely well.

The parts are almost identical in the HP and Epson.

tattoopierced1

i have a lexmark x1100 and it sucks....we have a really nice HP here at work...good quality and decent speed.