sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would like to get some opinions please.

Many people here really loved Competitive Edge Labs Super Swole powder and love the new Super Swole capsules.

We had originally stopped making the original Super Swole powder because the GlycerPump caused some clumping issues with it.

We have upgraded the formula and are in the process of getting ready to bring it back out.

I had mentioned in our Flavor Suggestions thread that we had received in 5 flavor samples this week and my plan was to go with he best 3 of 5 if they were good.

The 3 best were Rainbow Unicorn, Grape Blue Raspberry, and Jawbreaker.

But here's the situation and what I'd like to get opinions on:

The base on this product is incredibly hard to flavor - meaning that some of the ingredients that make it so special also make it hard to flavor. I think it tastes as good or better than the original Super Swole - and the feedback on the taste of the original was mostly positive because it tasted very good for being a product with a lot of ingredients in it that were hard to flavor, but a few people didn’t like the flavor.

I think that was largely because there are 2 main types of customers:
  • Those that buy products for results and understand that a pre-workout can taste good for a pre-workout, but its not meant to be Kool-Aid.
  • Consumers that the mainstream brands cater to where the whole goal of the products are based on taste and that’s why they formulate the way they do and don’t put more ingredients in them or avoid certain ingredients in them – because their main priority is taste.
So, where I'm at with this is I wanted to ask the question – which would you prefer:
  1. A better formula that tastes good for what it is and tastes as good or better than the original Super Swole?
  2. Or would you prefer for us to take a couple ingredients out to make it easier to flavor and taste make it taste better and more like some of the more mainstream ones?
I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback and opinions. Thank you for the help and input.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Better formula period. It can taste like garbage (I would prefer that it doesn't), but my priority, as in 100%, is efficacy.
Thank you. That's my thoughts too - I'm a results over taste type person. For things that I sip on like Focus XT or Energized Aminos, I want them to taste great but for a pre-workout, results are the main thing for me. I want it to be drinkable, but I chug them anyway.

But I think that Super Swole powder tastes really good, especially for what it is. But you know how it is now days - really good to be a loaded quality pre-workout is a different context when competing with companies making products that are basically citrulline and caffeine and leaving other relevant ingredients out in order to try to make it taste like an Icee.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Couldn’t agree more; profile > taste. Assuming the updated version of Super Swole tastes as good as the OG version, that’s a win. If it tastes even better, that’s just icing on the cake. Excited to pick this up once available 🤘

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Better formula over taste IMO... even pre's that taste good I still typically chug down within a couple seconds anyways, taste isn't the big concern. I've also been involved in testing flavoring, can still get a little gag reflex going thinking back to the days of trying to flavor 1,3 stim replacements, so my bar for something being 'bad' is a lot lower than others haha.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought the OG tasted fine so I vote better ingredients over flavor.

I think preworkout is fine to just be “ok” I’d rather have ingredients with strong benefits.

Something like energized aminos though I think better flavor is a big draw (I loved the originals there too so I used to drink it a lot).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never tasted the OG, but I can say I want products that work, I drank some pretty crappy tasting stuff in the 80's, so I'm sure it will be better than that !!

Jbtwentytwo

Jbtwentytwo

Awards
Never tried the OG but def a better formula that taste the best it can! I’d rather get the use out of the ingredients! If I wanna drink kool aid I’ll go buy some! 🤣

also, I find Grape one of my favorite flavors in a product.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Option 1 for sure. But I doubt you'll get any people here on AM that will vote for option 2 anwyays. So, as long as you're OK catering to forum folks (small, dedicated fanbase) and not gen pop.

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Definitely product that works over flavor. I actually enjoyed all of the OG flavors and regularly purchased all 3.

I would purchase all 3 of the flavors you listed for the new formula as well. Very excited to have this one back!

pharrison1

Awards
  • Established
Option 1 for sure. But I doubt you'll get any people here on AM that will vote for option 2 anwyays. So, as long as you're OK catering to forum folks (small, dedicated fanbase) and not gen pop.
Clearly. Taste should not be a issue. You’re buying it for the ingredients. Not flavor

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
efficacy over flavor. using the caps now and like them. for powder though I always prefer unflavored so I can either mix with pwo or protein shake

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have only ever returned two products in my life for taste lol. It’s of minimal importance when effects are there.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Couldn’t agree more; profile > taste. Assuming the updated version of Super Swole tastes as good as the OG version, that’s a win. If it tastes even better, that’s just icing on the cake. Excited to pick this up once available 🤘
I think the flavor samples I just tried taste much better than the original version personally.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never tasted the OG, but I can say I want products that work, I drank some pretty crappy tasting stuff in the 80's, so I'm sure it will be better than that !!
The original I thought tasted good for what it was; I think the new version tastes even better.

Just sometimes you see brand xyz coming out with blank flavor colab with a candy company and people being super hyped - and the market seems to be so much more about taste than function overall now days - I think a lot of people don't realize that if you want a product to taste like an ICEE, you're very limited on what ingredients you can use.

Like in the original Super Swole - it had VASO6 in it so it was going to have a slight strong tea taste to it. You could flavor around it to make it not as prevalent but you weren't going to make it taste like an ICEE no matter what.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought the OG tasted fine so I vote better ingredients over flavor.

I think preworkout is fine to just be “ok” I’d rather have ingredients with strong benefits.

Something like energized aminos though I think better flavor is a big draw (I loved the originals there too so I used to drink it a lot).
I completely agree. I think that things like Focus XT, Energized Aminos, and the upcoming Daily Gains have to taste good and be enjoyable to drink because they're things that many people will sip on and want to enjoy, and we want people to look forward to drinking them.

I think the samples we tried last week actually taste better than the original version of Super Swole did. I liked the original version myself.

For anyone that didn't try the original, two of the flavors were Grape Blue Raspberry and Rainbow Unicorn and I think those 2 flavors in the samples I tried last week were better than the original. Then, Jawbreaker would take the place of the Cosmic Candy one; which I still may try to bring back one day.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never tried the OG but def a better formula that taste the best it can! I’d rather get the use out of the ingredients! If I wanna drink kool aid I’ll go buy some! 🤣

also, I find Grape one of my favorite flavors in a product.
Grape Blue Raspberry was a flavor in the original and will be in the new version too. It's a really cool flavor combination.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I care what the people here on AM want and think, but of course we also have to think about trying to reach new customers too.

Here's where my thoughts are on that overall:

Here on AM, I think that a lot of people view SNS and CEL interchangeably but outside of here, I'd say 95%+ of customers don't even know there's any association at all between the brands. I think that most of those view CEL as the more hardcore of the brands and I'm thinking that I'm fine with products that taste good for what they are under CEL - for both the upcoming Super Swole and Stim Edge products.

For SNS, we will be doing a pre-workout later this year that will be more geared towards the general consumer - kind of like a Total War or Alpha Lion type product but with some unique twists on it - and for that one, I think taste will be extremely important.

I think by viewing it that way and going that route, it will hopefully allow us to make great products that cater to both customer bases.

Keep in mind - I'll never put out a product that I think tastes bad; that will never happen. It's just what level of tasting good is acceptable.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely product that works over flavor. I actually enjoyed all of the OG flavors and regularly purchased all 3.

I would purchase all 3 of the flavors you listed for the new formula as well. Very excited to have this one back!
Thank you. I'm excited to have this one back as well.

I'm sure that we'll do a 3 pack option for people that want to try them all.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Clearly. Taste should not be a issue. You’re buying it for the ingredients. Not flavor
You would think so - but you see it all the time now days with supplements - great products that don't sell well but then products that are basically citrulline and caffeine sell out the same day because they taste like fill in the blank candy collaboration.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
efficacy over flavor. using the caps now and like them. for powder though I always prefer unflavored so I can either mix with pwo or protein shake
Thank you. And good, I'm glad that you like Super Swole capsules. I love the capsules and think they're a great convenient option and its a super strong product, stronger than most powder pre-workouts.

As someone who tried the base of this formula for Super Swole without flavor just for personal sadistic curiosity, I can assure you that you would not prefer an unflavored version of this haha :ROFLMAO:😂

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When it comes to a pre-workout taste isnt my main concern, Id rather it be perfectly formulated. I usually drink it down fast anyway. But when it comes to things i sip, then flavor becomes more important.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When it comes to a pre-workout taste isnt my main concern, Id rather it be perfectly formulated. I usually drink it down fast anyway. But when it comes to things i sip, then flavor becomes more important.
Tbh, I end up blending so many things/adding additional powders to my pre/intras, regardless of flavors or unflavored it doesn't really matter what the flavor is. It'll end up changing anyways after I add stuff to it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm the same way.

I have to say though that I'm oddly surprised how much I do like the Super Swole flavor samples. I just mixed a Rainbow Unicorn sample and am sitting here drinking it just bc I wanted to taste it again.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, there has only been one product in all my years that I actually liked the taste of. Everything else I just gut and reap the rewards, so I am echoing all the sentiment about profile over taste.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I completely agree. I think that things like Focus XT, Energized Aminos, and the upcoming Daily Gains have to taste good and be enjoyable to drink because they're things that many people will sip on and want to enjoy, and we want people to look forward to drinking them.

I think the samples we tried last week actually taste better than the original version of Super Swole did. I liked the original version myself.

For anyone that didn't try the original, two of the flavors were Grape Blue Raspberry and Rainbow Unicorn and I think those 2 flavors in the samples I tried last week were better than the original. Then, Jawbreaker would take the place of the Cosmic Candy one; which I still may try to bring back one day.
Same feeling here. I usually pick the next days pre workout based on my day, what type of workout, and how many stims I’m looking for. Taste isn’t really a factor in that decision.

For EAA or BCAA products, they are quite optional, so taste is super important. I’ve bought a few gross ones and they just took up cabinet space for years.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We got in the samples in yesterday for Stim Edge yesterday and tried them today.

I only drank sips from the 5 different flavor samples and I'm pretty jacked up which is surprising because I have a high stim tolerance. I was already thinking of making this one a one scoop/two scoop type of product and this confirmed it haha.

The flavor samples were:
  • Rainbow Unicorn
  • Jawbreaker
  • Grape Blue Raspberry
  • Pina Colada
  • Sour Apple
The best 3 in my opinion where Jawbreaker, Rainbow Unicorn, and Pina Colada. People were split on Grape Blue Raspberry and Peach Rings - we had a couple people think Peach Rings was the best but then a couple that didn't like it as much.

I was really surprised how good Pina Colada was.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We got in the samples in yesterday for Stim Edge yesterday and tried them today.

I only drank sips from the 5 different flavor samples and I'm pretty jacked up which is surprising because I have a high stim tolerance. I was already thinking of making this one a one scoop/two scoop type of product and this confirmed it haha.

The flavor samples were:
  • Rainbow Unicorn
  • Jawbreaker
  • Grape Blue Raspberry
  • Pina Colada
  • Sour Apple
The best 3 in my opinion where Jawbreaker, Rainbow Unicorn, and Pina Colada. People were split on Grape Blue Raspberry and Peach Rings - we had a couple people think Peach Rings was the best but then a couple that didn't like it as much.

Jawbreaker taste similar to Enduralean from Innovapharm?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jawbreaker taste similar to Enduralean from Innovapharm?
It's funny that you said that because one of the girls that works here really likes EnduraLean Jawbreaker, Candy Necklace, and Tie Dye flavors and when we did flavor samples, she said "This tastes like EnduraLean" haha.

I think the flavor part itself tastes like it but the base is completely different and Stim Edge does contains some hard to flavor ingredients so the overall taste is slightly different from EnduraLean, but the actual flavor part is the same. I think its as close as it could possibly get for the ingredients that's in it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The flavor samples were:
  • Rainbow Unicorn
  • Jawbreaker
  • Grape Blue Raspberry
  • Pina Colada
  • Sour Apple

I’ll be all over that pina colada!