ride sally ride

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i just bought a 66 mustang with a rebuilt 302 in it. the 302 came from a 72 stang. i think about it day and night and about what i should upgrade first. i was just curious what everyone's favorite mustang year was.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
my dad has a 67 with a 69 351 in it; nice ride man; what color?

his is a red convert, black interior completely redone and white top

first thing I'd do is check the ENTIRE car over; did you buy it mint? check for rust, etc and get it cleaned up (dont use bondo)... this is preventative maintenance....

after that it really depends on what you like... a nice set of rims and shelby-style suspension makes it look really nice :) i'd try for some 17s personally; i really like how larger rims (not too large!) look on the older mustangs...
if you're going for performance, the 302 in there can REALLY be opened up... I'd do all the basics first; check corral.net for info on the 5.0 motor... its got info on the carb'd motor and the FI 5.0... LOTS of stuff bolts onto that motor!

mrbig

Awards
Nice car's that's when they knew how to build car's

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
thanks, there is some minor hail damage and such which i will have to take care of but nothing big. it is viper red with black pony interior. i am probably going to upgrade the whole ignition(plugs, wires, distributor, coil), and exhaust to begin with. everything in the engine bay is rebuilt or brandnew but i think these things would help it out.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
yep you are right when you say thats when they built real cars. no powers steering, power brakes, a/c. it just makes it so much funner to drive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 8
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 19