Douchebags at the gym...

Page 270 of 472 First ... 268269270271272 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Yeah i stopped using pres with stima in them-puke everytime-never fails-NEVER!
    Fk! Lesson learned....
    I don't really need stims right now with all the other " standard stuff", I'm running...
    But wow!!! That was a shocker, lol.....

2. Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post

Fk! Lesson learned....
    I don't really need stims right now with all the other " standard stuff", I'm running...
    But wow!!! That was a shocker, lol.....
    I know the worst part is you can feel it comming and theres really nothing you can do about it so you just keep going until you toss the aardvark all over the place. You feel bad that you made a mess but you feel sooo much better at the same time- kinda like scratching your balls in public- kinda embarrassing and gross, but your glad you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
    •   

3. Ok...Hero Douche story as promised.

on tuesday There was a 14y/o kid that comes in-5'9, 80 lbs. no joke cause i weighed him. but more on that later.

He is the only small dude in the gym-seriously. Im 6'1 and 218 as of this morning at 12% bf and there's guys that make me look wonder if I even lift.
    well I see him over by the dumbells and the kid looks like he just got dropped off in an Iraqi prison. Had that complete WTF look on his face. I kinda spied on him for for about 15 minutes while i was doing my lifts and saw that he was just standing there watching other dudes and was getting in the way. I walk up to him and asked if he needed help. He said "no hes got it". With a kinda mock smart-ass tone i quip "really? cause your just standing around with a confused and scared look on your face?" he laughed and said that he had never lifted and that he wanted to put on some size for football season next year when he goes into 8th grade. I told him no problem and thats a good goal to have. I asked how much muscle he wanted to gain and he said "i dont know-i just need to put on alot of weight so idont get killed". SMH i quickly gave him a goal of 135 pounds before football season- thats 6 months till he starts practice. thats 55 lbs in 6 months. I know its steep but its obtainable and the kids eyes blew up when i told him that.

so i showed him how to do all the lifts correctly, and got him set up on a simple beginner program that is a solid mix between strength/and hypertrophy. I have him doing the big 3 with a little bit of ancillary work. With his big 3 he does 3x3 and his ancillary work is 3x8. pretty basic-not easy-but challenging enough. So yesterday he came in and i put him to work! he did the entire workout and he even said that he was a lot stronger than he thought he was. His form is as good as a first timer could be and he seemed like he really enjoyed it.

Today he came hobbling through the door. I asked how he was feeling and he said his whole body hurt-I said well thats normal-you just did your first weight sesh and it was a full body routine! you deadlifted 95 lbs! your back and butt should be sore lol. I asked him why he was there cause he only needed to workout 3 days a week for now. He said his dad drops him off everyday after school monday-saturday so that he can just "learn the ropes" i told him thats cool. and if he wanted to watch me lift and just tag along that was cool. He did and we started talking and i asked what kind of protien he was drinking and what his diet was like. He said "he didnt know what i was talking about with the protein and that he just ate what was in the freezer and what his mom cooked" I about had a heart attack mid set! I chewed that kids butt out and told him hes gotta eat right. Right then I walked over the counter and bought him two 10 lb buckets of hardcore weight gainer (1300 cals lots of carbs and protein with BCAAS, creatine nitrate, and coconut oil-all good stuff per shake-yeah...welcome to bulking bloat bitch) and told him that he needed to drink one for breakfast, one right after he works out, and one right before bed, every night! and that if his food wasnt beef, chicken, fish, eggs, taters, or veggies, I would personally hunt him down and clean out his pantry and made sure all his meals were cooked right. I then gave a basic run down of how important diet is and talked to him about calories and macros and how basically hes on natural steroids right now because his body is making so much testosterone and GH and he needs to make sure it has enough carbs fats and protein so that it can work and grow right. He said ok and that he would tell his parents.

well heres my big douche move-i told that while he was here he might as well do some work so he didnt look like a bitch-so i made him do 10 barefoot sprints in the sand pit. lol he didnt like that too much but i said its good for him and it would put hair on his chest and help with the soreness and stiffness.

i just got a text from him not too long ago saying how big those shakes are and that they give him horrible gas-i told him to suck it up and thats the price to pay to be the best. i told him that if he wanted to skip the breakfast shake thats fine but he better get up and eat lots of grits and eggs if he wasnt. But the post workout shake and bedtime shake were not debate-able. This kid is gonna be a beast if he sticks with it and wants it bad enough-what a perfect age to learn to kick ass!

4. That was nice of you!

5. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Ok...Hero Douche story as promised. on tuesday There was a 14y/o kid that comes in-5'9, 80 lbs. no joke cause i weighed him. but more on that later. He is the only small dude in the gym-seriously. Im 6'1 and 218 as of this morning at 12% bf and there's guys that make me look wonder if I even lift. well I see him over by the dumbells and the kid looks like he just got dropped off in an Iraqi prison. Had that complete WTF look on his face. I kinda spied on him for for about 15 minutes while i was doing my lifts and saw that he was just standing there watching other dudes and was getting in the way. I walk up to him and asked if he needed help. He said "no hes got it". With a kinda mock smart-ass tone i quip "really? cause your just standing around with a confused and scared look on your face?" he laughed and said that he had never lifted and that he wanted to put on some size for football season next year when he goes into 8th grade. I told him no problem and thats a good goal to have. I asked how much muscle he wanted to gain and he said "i dont know-i just need to put on alot of weight so idont get killed". SMH i quickly gave him a goal of 135 pounds before football season- thats 6 months till he starts practice. thats 55 lbs in 6 months. I know its steep but its obtainable and the kids eyes blew up when i told him that. so i showed him how to do all the lifts correctly, and got him set up on a simple beginner program that is a solid mix between strength/and hypertrophy. I have him doing the big 3 with a little bit of ancillary work. With his big 3 he does 3x3 and his ancillary work is 3x8. pretty basic-not easy-but challenging enough. So yesterday he came in and i put him to work! he did the entire workout and he even said that he was a lot stronger than he thought he was. His form is as good as a first timer could be and he seemed like he really enjoyed it. Today he came hobbling through the door. I asked how he was feeling and he said his whole body hurt-I said well thats normal-you just did your first weight sesh and it was a full body routine! you deadlifted 95 lbs! your back and butt should be sore lol. I asked him why he was there cause he only needed to workout 3 days a week for now. He said his dad drops him off everyday after school monday-saturday so that he can just "learn the ropes" i told him thats cool. and if he wanted to watch me lift and just tag along that was cool. He did and we started talking and i asked what kind of protien he was drinking and what his diet was like. He said "he didnt know what i was talking about with the protein and that he just ate what was in the freezer and what his mom cooked" I about had a heart attack mid set! I chewed that kids butt out and told him hes gotta eat right. Right then I walked over the counter and bought him two 10 lb buckets of hardcore weight gainer (1300 lots of carbs and protein with BCAAS, creatine nitrate, and coconut oil-all good stuff) cals per shake-yeah...welcome to bulking bloat bitch) and told him that he needed to drink one for breakfast, one right after he works out, and one right before bed, every night! and that if his food wasnt beef, chicken, fish, eggs, taters, or veggies, I would personally hunt him down and clean out his pantry and made sure all his meals were cooked right. I then gave a basic run down of how important diet is and talked to him about calories and macros and how basically hes on natural steroids right now because his body is making so much testosterone and GH and he needs to make sure it has enough carbs fats and protein so that it can work and grow right. He said ok and that he would tell his parents. well heres my big douche move-i told that while he was here he might as well do some work so he didnt look like a bitch-so i made him do 10 barefoot sprints in the sand pit. lol he didnt like that too much but i said its good for him and it would put hair on his chest and help with the soreness and stiffness. i just got a text from him not too long ago saying how big those shakes are and that they give him horrible gas-i told him to suck it up and thats the price to pay to be the best. i told him that if he wanted to skip the breakfast shake thats fine but he better get up and eat lots of grits and eggs if he wasnt. But the post workout shake and bedtime shake were not debate-able. This kid is gonna be a beast if he sticks with it and wants it bad enough-what a perfect age to learn to kick ass!
    Good on u my friend!!!! Keep us posted on his progress....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Ok...Hero Douche story as promised.

on tuesday There was a 14y/o kid that comes in-5'9, 80 lbs. no joke cause i weighed him. but more on that later.

He is the only small dude in the gym-seriously. Im 6'1 and 218 as of this morning at 12% bf and there's guys that make me look wonder if I even lift.
    well I see him over by the dumbells and the kid looks like he just got dropped off in an Iraqi prison. Had that complete WTF look on his face. I kinda spied on him for for about 15 minutes while i was doing my lifts and saw that he was just standing there watching other dudes and was getting in the way. I walk up to him and asked if he needed help. He said "no hes got it". With a kinda mock smart-ass tone i quip "really? cause your just standing around with a confused and scared look on your face?" he laughed and said that he had never lifted and that he wanted to put on some size for football season next year when he goes into 8th grade. I told him no problem and thats a good goal to have. I asked how much muscle he wanted to gain and he said "i dont know-i just need to put on alot of weight so idont get killed". SMH i quickly gave him a goal of 135 pounds before football season- thats 6 months till he starts practice. thats 55 lbs in 6 months. I know its steep but its obtainable and the kids eyes blew up when i told him that.

so i showed him how to do all the lifts correctly, and got him set up on a simple beginner program that is a solid mix between strength/and hypertrophy. I have him doing the big 3 with a little bit of ancillary work. With his big 3 he does 3x3 and his ancillary work is 3x8. pretty basic-not easy-but challenging enough. So yesterday he came in and i put him to work! he did the entire workout and he even said that he was a lot stronger than he thought he was. His form is as good as a first timer could be and he seemed like he really enjoyed it.

Today he came hobbling through the door. I asked how he was feeling and he said his whole body hurt-I said well thats normal-you just did your first weight sesh and it was a full body routine! you deadlifted 95 lbs! your back and butt should be sore lol. I asked him why he was there cause he only needed to workout 3 days a week for now. He said his dad drops him off everyday after school monday-saturday so that he can just "learn the ropes" i told him thats cool. and if he wanted to watch me lift and just tag along that was cool. He did and we started talking and i asked what kind of protien he was drinking and what his diet was like. He said "he didnt know what i was talking about with the protein and that he just ate what was in the freezer and what his mom cooked" I about had a heart attack mid set! I chewed that kids butt out and told him hes gotta eat right. Right then I walked over the counter and bought him two 10 lb buckets of hardcore weight gainer (1300 cals lots of carbs and protein with BCAAS, creatine nitrate, and coconut oil-all good stuff per shake-yeah...welcome to bulking bloat bitch) and told him that he needed to drink one for breakfast, one right after he works out, and one right before bed, every night! and that if his food wasnt beef, chicken, fish, eggs, taters, or veggies, I would personally hunt him down and clean out his pantry and made sure all his meals were cooked right. I then gave a basic run down of how important diet is and talked to him about calories and macros and how basically hes on natural steroids right now because his body is making so much testosterone and GH and he needs to make sure it has enough carbs fats and protein so that it can work and grow right. He said ok and that he would tell his parents.

well heres my big douche move-i told that while he was here he might as well do some work so he didnt look like a bitch-so i made him do 10 barefoot sprints in the sand pit. lol he didnt like that too much but i said its good for him and it would put hair on his chest and help with the soreness and stiffness.

i just got a text from him not too long ago saying how big those shakes are and that they give him horrible gas-i told him to suck it up and thats the price to pay to be the best. i told him that if he wanted to skip the breakfast shake thats fine but he better get up and eat lots of grits and eggs if he wasnt. But the post workout shake and bedtime shake were not debate-able. This kid is gonna be a beast if he sticks with it and wants it bad enough-what a perfect age to learn to kick ass!
    I love seeing young kids in the gym, because in a few years, they'll look amazing!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mystere3 View Post
    That was nice of you!
    He needed it! I figures thats enoigh to get him going and its got all the basics covered and its nice and simple-4 scoops of powder with alot of whole milk-shake, chug, and grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post

Good on u my friend!!!! Keep us posted on his progress....
    Lol i will! Hes got workout #2 tommorrow so we will see how he does. I should clarify that his squats are goblet squats And will stay that way until his form is ingrained in him and his deads are in a trap bar until he has the proper back strength to do BB deads.

Maybe im a little hard and harsh but i dont care. If hes gonna hang with the big boys he needs to act and lift like a big boy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

I love seeing young kids in the gym, because in a few years, they'll look amazing!
    If he sticks with it and gets on good habbits while hes young he will definately be a boss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Good job dude... I'm struggling to see how this is a douchebag move...

10. That's pretty great of ypu Manotaur. I commend you
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

11. Good job Manotaur

12. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    If he sticks with it and gets on good habbits while hes young he will definately be a boss.
    I wish my step son had the same metality as that kid. My step son wants to be big and strong for lacrosse so he stops getting his a$$ kicked but when I've worked with him or tried to motivate him it's just in one ear and out the other. I measured his mom's arm and then his, and when I showed him his mom's arms were bigger than his (because he thinks he's atough guy) I think that may have been just the fire under his a$$ he needed. He still hasn't worked out yet though.

13. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

I wish my step son had the same metality as that kid. My step son wants to be big and strong for lacrosse so he stops getting his a$$ kicked but when I've worked with him or tried to motivate him it's just in one ear and out the other. I measured his mom's arm and then his, and when I showed him his mom's arms were bigger than his (because he thinks he's atough guy) I think that may have been just the fire under his a$$ he needed. He still hasn't worked out yet though.
    Haha that's classic. Moms arms are bigger than yours!!!

14. Manotaur has inspired me. I'm gunna find my own weak little guy with motivation and make him my protege! Seriously kudos to you. That's almost what happened to me. A big dude (bodybuilder) took me under his wing for a few weeks and broke me off when I was 175ish. He saw potential and pushed me to compete and get a coach. now he is very happy with my progress, I'm sure he's kinda proud. I want that!

15. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Manotaur has inspired me. I'm gunna find my own weak little guy with motivation and make him my protege! Seriously kudos to you. That's almost what happened to me. A big dude (bodybuilder) took me under his wing for a few weeks and broke me off when I was 175ish. He saw potential and pushed me to compete and get a coach. now he is very happy with my progress, I'm sure he's kinda proud. I want that!

I'm raising my hand in hopes I can be the weak little guy who you take under your wings.

Lol

16. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post

I'm raising my hand in hopes I can be the weak little guy who you take under your wings.

Lol
    That goes without saying brah. When I'm in AZ we will smash weights and sloots like its our job. Actually it is our job.. we will just do it together

17. Wow thanks lol. I just get tired of seeing guys who seriously have tons of knowledge to share and they dont because it interferes with their lifts. I habemt had the greatest workouts this week but so what? Ive got a little skinny buddy now that is walking around with a clip board lol.

The douche part was I was kinda hard on him and basically told him to suck it up lol. Thats jusy me though. Thats the only way I respond is if I recieve harsh/negetive feedback. I guess the proper thig to do would habe been to ask if he wanted my help but instead I just forced him into it lol.

18. I've trained a few young people, it's rewarding to help someone learn

19. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Wow thanks lol. I just get tired of seeing guys who seriously have tons of knowledge to share and they dont because it interferes with their lifts. I habemt had the greatest workouts this week but so what? Ive got a little skinny buddy now that is walking around with a clip board lol.

The douche part was I was kinda hard on him and basically told him to suck it up lol. Thats jusy me though. Thats the only way I respond is if I recieve harsh/negetive feedback. I guess the proper thig to do would habe been to ask if he wanted my help but instead I just forced him into it lol.
    Doesn't sound like he's complaining.. much lol. If that's what he responds too that's great. He doesn't need a fukin cheerleader but a honest opinion from someone who won't bs him, we all do. That's what I respond too, my ego is big enough I don't need someone to stroke it but put me in check and keep my drive alive.

20. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Good job dude! I'm sure that your efforts will make a huge difference in that kid's life. Without help, he would likely just nervously stand around and be scared to attempt most exercises.

The Douche of this story is most likely the dad that's dropping his kid off each day "to learn the ropes" rather than going in with him to teach him the ropes.

21. Haha, true but at least his dad is dropping him at the gym and not the mall or leaving him home or something

22. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    I basically tell people to suck it up now & thank me later... Most respond well to that approach once they realise that's just how you are... Not like those di¢kheads that try to be drill sergeant's... You know what I mean man? Friendly, but honest... The ones that are determined will thank you later... Just don't injure them & you're good...

If this kid continues with you, I propose you start a thread on his progress...

23. Quote Originally Posted by hurdlemaker View Post
    I've trained a few young people, it's rewarding to help someone learn
    It is! Its even greater when you see them suceed and apply what you teach them. Ive got a 2 year old and hes already starting to lift with me at the house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post

Doesn't sound like he's complaining.. much lol. If that's what he responds too that's great. He doesn't need a fukin cheerleader but a honest opinion from someone who won't bs him, we all do. That's what I respond too, my ego is big enough I don't need someone to stroke it but put me in check and keep my drive alive.
    He seems like hes responding ok lol. He still looks lost when I see him and talk to him lol. But I mean the thing is im the exact same way you are- if you dont give it to me straight I wont listen to you.

Another thin is this kid is part of the selfie generation. He needs to learn that world really doesnt give two ****s about his duck face instagram pics or what hes doing or even who he is unless he GIVES them a reason to care. Thats how the world works and judging ny his parents, hes not getting that at home.

Another thing that burnt me up was the fact that it was busy and clearly the kid was lost but not a single one stopped to help the kid. I know their busy and stuff but theres not a single guy in there thats a pro or makes money tossing iron. Which means theres no excuse why he couldnt have gottten a wealth of knowledge from that place. Maybe he will once people start to see hes serious and working hard. Who knows though- I guess we will see how things go today haha

24. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz View Post

I basically tell people to suck it up now & thank me later... Most respond well to that approach once they realise that's just how you are... Not like those di¢kheads that try to be drill sergeant's... You know what I mean man? Friendly, but honest... The ones that are determined will thank you later... Just don't injure them & you're good...

If this kid continues with you, I propose you start a thread on his progress...
    Thats not a bad idea. Ill see what I can do. I dont know about pics but I might be able to weasle somethig out lol.

25. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Thats not a bad idea. Ill see what I can do. I dont know about pics but I might be able to weasle somethig out lol.
    Get a homo selfie lol

26. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Its even greater when you see them suceed and apply what you teach them.
    This is a pretty good feeling. I was hired years ago to be the strength coach for a local high school football team, and was told by the team captain that everything I was showing them was completely different than what their coach showed them, but he said the team loved it because they were actually seeing progress. He told me that their coach asked what I was doing to get the results that he was seeing on the field, and after he gave his coach the rundown his coach said everything I was doing was a$$ backwards (since he was using stuff he read in a gym class text book). He claims he told his coach to go f*ck himself, which I find hard to believe, but it definitely had that rewarding feeling.

27. Your routine is obviously wrong bro. Was it in a text book from the early 90s? Obviously if I can't get abs in 20 minutes then its not good.

28. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Cool... Pics aren't necessary, just numbers will do man...

29. Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    Oh btw, I'm a total d bag!!!! I tried my pwo cincykiller style this evening.... Started with squats , deadz, moved on to the leg press, tightened up my belt n on my first rep I puked my guts out!!!!!!!!!!! My pwo was green apple flave , so there was green puke all over me n the press, faaak!!!! Wow!!!! I guess I'm not man enough, lmao.....
    Hahaha, don't feel bad, I've been there many a time.

When I ran smolov, which involves squatting intensely 4x week, I puked at least once a week. I always felt it coming and could make it either outside or to the toilet. 'Twas glorious.

30. I was really lucky to have a legit strength coach for football; he used all sorts of crazy plyo stuff that was smuggled from behind the iron curtain that's commonplace now, like sprint bands, jump squats, drag chutes, and lots of olympic lifts. I feel like most of my contemporaries were just doing bench press and a few other random lifts.
  •