Douchebags at the gym...

Page 18 of 479 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Hey NxtVictim, are you really texting and running at the same time? That is pretty impressive! I couldn't do that.
    I was walking at 5mph on a 10%incline, trying not to puke, when I say this guy smelled, i had never been so disgusted

2. Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    Kinda hard to believe when every weight is friggen labeled even the racks labeled...
    Ps this mofo next to me on the tred smells like smacked ass and baked clams..
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was walking at 5mph on a 10%incline, trying not to puke, when I say this guy smelled, i had never been so disgusted

Mmmmm...clams....

But seriously I forgot all about the B.O. issue until you brought this up! From what I've seen (smelled) the military gyms I go to on post are WORSE per capita than like Gold's or World's or any big time gym. It's like these guys just came out of the field for a week and decided to go to the gym instead of going home to shower. You know it's bad if there is a specific racquetball court that always smells like a skunk's taint.

And this is sort of on that subject (that may make some of you guys nauseous....hehehe) - so in the Army you have to hold your buddy's feet while we do situps on the PT test. It's bad when you can smell people's feet. But THE worst was 4 years ago (yea I still remember it) there was a really attractive female that was behind me, so I had to hold her feet. All I could smell was dirty VAG!!! I had to breathe in and out of my mouth into my shoulder to keep from puking!
    IN 27 YEARS I'VE NEVER GONE 0-4 IN WILDCARD WEEKEND!!!
    until now. yup I put money on every game too. excuse me while i go drink myself smart.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by neofrost83 View Post
    Mmmmm...clams....

there was a really attractive female that was behind me, so I had to hold her feet. All I could smell was dirty VAG!!! I had to breathe in and out of my mouth into my shoulder to keep from puking!
    Her name wasn't Megan was it, if so, we need to talk lol...

But something I have never understood was when people smoke a pack in there cars, windows up and then come in, i think them people need to be deloused prior to checking in.

Speaking of leaving weights out, WTF is up with the people that work that doing it. I don't get paid to put YOUR *#(# away, You get paid to put mine away, if i was that guy that left it out. Next time I put employees crap away, they owe me a chicken. A WHOLE CHICKEN

4. That reminds me of my ARMY days---I was in the gym squatting and this fat National Guard guy tried to bust my b@##S about not going down far enough when I was on my 6 or 7th set. I told him that I didn't want to take his advice because I might end up looking like him!!! He was a fat guy with a beer gut!!!

5. Whats with wearing sunglasses in the gym?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    Whats with wearing sunglasses in the gym?
    I've often wondered the same thing, and the only conclusion I've been able to come to is that they don't want you to see them cry about how ****ty their workout is.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NxtVictim View Post
    Ok, so I know this has been brought up. BUT, I've witnessed just withen the hour.

The...
    Hey I'm using that
    People hogging machines to sit..
    People on the phone while saying hey I'm using that, with no weight racked on it.
    Two injurys
    People not using the cable machines, but holding onto the handle while talking.
    And max rack to sleep in.....

All this while a remodel and space being limited for the day....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Heh, the other day I was about do to some dips. There was a lady standing to the side of it screwing with her ipod or whatever. I think "oh, she's just getting her music ready, it's open". I walk up with a db, slap it between my legs and tart doing dips. Then I notice she's standing there staring at me agasp saying something. I can't hear what since I have headphones in. So I just say, just a minute(wanting to get my 8 reps in) and she just walks off huffy.

FU lady. Use it or lose it. Standing by a machine does not mean it's yours.

8. people who fukc around on their phones in the gym ... they are usually complaining on a forum about other people instead of focusing on their own workout

9. I live in an upscale area, and at my gym started noticing this group of like 3-4 dudes who come in looking like their trying to act like their straight outta Compton . One of them is this white dude who had his shorts so far below his ass they were damn near at his shoes with his boxers or whatever the **** he had on showing.

Seriously? People just glare at them and it's kinda funny as they seem to notice it as I gave the one dude a look when I was on the squat machine, and you can see them try to lift heavier weights than they can all flailing around for a few reps if their lucky

10. Quote Originally Posted by strester View Post
    people who fukc around on their phones in the gym ... they are usually complaining on a forum about other people instead of focusing on their own workout
    Guys who act like they have a problem with people complaining about people in the gym, and claim they don't have time to worry about people like that at the gym, yet they still take the time to click into the forum and try to make themselves look good.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

11. this thread has forever win power

12. Oh man, earlier today I saw this dude loading up the bench with 315lbs with no warm-up even. So, I was like, this dude must be super-duper strong, or he's about to kill himself. He sets up and unracks the bar, then does this (no exageration) 1" rep and then reracks LOL Then he sets up about 2 minutes later and does the same thing for ONE 1" rep. Then he unloads the plates and heads over to the incline. And guess what? Yup, same thing all over again. I couldn't help but sit in the corner snickering to myself.

BTW I forgot to mention this dude was wearing one of the slingy tank tops, a stars and stripes bandana, and to top it off, stars and stipes baggy pants. This clown was a sight to behold.

13. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Oh man, earlier today I saw this dude loading up the bench with 315lbs with no warm-up even. So, I was like, this dude must be super-duper strong, or he's about to kill himself.
    BTW I forgot to mention this dude was wearing one of the slingy tank tops, a stars and stripes bandana, and to top it off, stars and stipes baggy pants. This clown was a sight to behold.

14. Joined a new 24 hour gym, and anyone who i have seen, bunch of jerks
    RIP Ryan, :(

15. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Joined a new 24 hour gym, and anyone who i have seen, bunch of jerks
    Tell me this friend, why are they jerks?

16. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    Joined a new 24 hour gym, and anyone who i have seen, bunch of jerks
    I'm a member of 24 and another gym but please do enlighten us. The particular establishment that I go to is actually pretty good. They look the other way when I deadlift in slippers and use chalk, although it is "technically" against the policy.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I'm a member of 24 and another gym but please do enlighten us. The particular establishment that I go to is actually pretty good. They look the other way when I deadlift in slippers and use chalk, although it is "technically" against the policy.
    the strongest guy in my gym wears nothing but slippers.
    and, a parka.
    seriously.
    yeah, it is cold.
    but dood will be squatting in a freekin parka.

anyways, strong dood.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    the strongest guy in my gym wears nothing but slippers.
    and, a parka.
    seriously.
    yeah, it is cold.
    but dood will be squatting in a freekin parka.

anyways, strong dood.
    LOL a parka?! Hmm...maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow!

19. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    LOL a parka?! Hmm...maybe I'll give that a try tomorrow!
    yeah...
    now, to be fair, he drops the parka after maybe 20 minutes.
    but, another thing about this guy, he always lifts in street clothes,
    -except for the slippers, he dons those in the locker room-
    and the only street clothes/gym clothes i have ever seen him wear
    are cargo pants and a hoodie.
    so, here is this dood, lifting HEAVY and HARD
    i mean super and giant setting everything, all the time,
    always busy,
    just crushing himself,
    in cargo pants and a hoodie,
    and slippers,
    and a parka, until he warms up i guess.

just a quiet, seemingly very nice and considerate
    (he will gesture to a bench or to a dumbbell to ask if you are using it,
    he will step out of your way when you are walking the heavy **** back to the racks, he unracks his weights and puts his dumbbells back when he is done,
    stuff that 90% of the rest of the fux in my gym seemingly cannot genetically get done...)
    dood.

lifts in slippers, a parka, and long pants with extra pockets.
    5 or 6 days a week...
    go figure.

20. I sport some freakin huge commando lookin work boots in the gym with my tall socks and gym shorts most days, that I bought specifically for the gym. I love working out in boots man. I get a lot of looks but if someone wants to talk sh!t about my boots I won't hesitate to talk sh!t about every single thing they're doing wrong.

It seems the only people that are bothered by my boots are the ones that don't know what they're doing. All the guys that know what they're doing in there don't even notice them. Or maybe they do but they understand lol.

But...the cargo pants...I am not seeing a reason behing this! Lol...

21. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I sport some freakin huge commando lookin work boots in the gym with my tall socks and gym shorts most days, that I bought specifically for the gym. I love working out in boots man. I get a lot of looks but if someone wants to talk sh!t about my boots I won't hesitate to talk sh!t about every single thing they're doing wrong.

It seems the only people that are bothered by my boots are the ones that don't know what they're doing. All the guys that know what they're doing in there don't even notice them. Or maybe they do but they understand lol.

But...the cargo pants...I am not seeing a reason behing this! Lol...
    yeah, well, boots make sense, actually.
    toe protection.
    slippers, now...
    might be a bit nuts, but, ok.

yeah, i dunno about that dood.
    i mean, he showers with the rest of us.
    it's not like he is all scarred up or has a third leg or anything...
    i figure he is just not into shorts,
    doesn't wanna do lots of laundry,
    i dunno,
    something simple like that.
    so, he just doesn't change clothes.

22. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    yeah, well, boots make sense, actually.
    toe protection.
    slippers, now...
    might be a bit nuts, but, ok.

yeah, i dunno about that dood.
    i mean, he showers with the rest of us.
    it's not like he is all scarred up or has a third leg or anything...
    i figure he is just not into shorts,
    doesn't wanna do lots of laundry,
    i dunno,
    something simple like that.
    so, he just doesn't change clothes.

Well, slippers and barefeet are actually a normal thing in powerlifting gyms. I compete with DL slippers but most, if not all conventional mainstream gyms won't allow them. So lucky me that 24 looks the other way

Oh yeah, you might be wondering why we use slippers as opposed to shoes. For one, it's because they are low to the ground so your pull ends up a shorter range of motion. And secondly, tennis shoes are dangerous to pull in when you got big weight because the soles will warp and may cause bad form and injury. That's why sometimes you'll see guys in old school Chuck Taylor Converse because they are simple, flat, and solid. I still prefer DL slippers though.

23. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Well, slippers and barefeet are actually a normal thing in powerlifting gyms. I compete with DL slippers but most, if not all conventional mainstream gyms won't allow them. So lucky me that 24 looks the other way

Oh yeah, you might be wondering why we use slippers as opposed to shoes. For one, it's because they are low to the ground so your pull ends up a shorter range of motion. And secondly, tennis shoes are dangerous to pull in when you got big weight because the soles will warp and may cause bad form and injury. That's why sometimes you'll see guys in old school Chuck Taylor Converse because they are simple, flat, and solid. I still prefer DL slippers though.
    yeah.
    understood.

me, well,
    i end up speed-walkin from one end of the gym to the other,
    super-settin leg extensions with db presses, and so on,
    and basically i am squeamish about rockin a toe on a weight some arsehole left in the middle of the floor, or kickin the side of a rack on the way past, or some such...
    so, i prefer flat court shoe sorts of things.
    minimal protection.

boots, especially with a steel toe, seem like a good idea,
    and seem suitable for power-lifting...
    no?

24. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    boots, especially with a steel toe, seem like a good idea,
    and seem suitable for power-lifting...
    no?
    Actually no because of the ankle support. But steal toes can be used to kick people in the arse when they don't wipe the sweat off the benches they use!

25. I hate the people who always have a tub of the newest pre workout bull that they come out with, and all Muscletech shirts and all this crazy expensive gear and shoes and all that, yet they cant do 5 pullups.....now that pisses me off. If you cant bench heavy, fine. If you cant squat or dead for ****, fine. But if your gonna spend over $300 per month on crap at least be able to do a pullup!

26. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    If I saw the second one at my gym and I was running i would laugh openly at her...............it couldnt be helped
    I saw a girl at my old gym doing something crazy like that on the treadmill, and what do you know five seconds later BAM! right on her face, got thrown halfway across the gym!

27. Quote Originally Posted by BigBen89 View Post
    I hate the people who always have a tub of the newest pre workout bull that they come out with, and all Muscletech shirts and all this crazy expensive gear and shoes and all that, yet they cant do 5 pullups.....now that pisses me off. If you cant bench heavy, fine. If you cant squat or dead for ****, fine. But if your gonna spend over $300 per month on crap at least be able to do a pullup!
    LOL So true! Dude, these guys come in decked out in the nicest workout gear sporting logos (MuscleTech, Promax, EAS, MetRX, etc.) and can't even bench 225 or do a single weighted pull-up. And then right afterward they'll hit the locker room and bust out the ol' protein shaker and mix up some expensive MRP. Too funny!

28. Quote Originally Posted by BigBen89 View Post
    I hate the people who always have a tub of the newest pre workout bull that they come out with, and all Muscletech shirts and all this crazy expensive gear and shoes and all that, yet they cant do 5 pullups.....now that pisses me off. If you cant bench heavy, fine. If you cant squat or dead for ****, fine. But if your gonna spend over $300 per month on crap at least be able to do a pullup!
    There's a saying for that - "All the gear, no idea".

Like the few guys in my place wearing wrist wraps - loose - while squatting maybe 100lbs, then proceeding to wear them all workout because they think they look 'cool'.

29. Quote Originally Posted by SemiBulimic View Post
    There's a saying for that - "All the gear, no idea".

Like the few guys in my place wearing wrist wraps - loose - while squatting maybe 100lbs, then proceeding to wear them all workout because they think they look 'cool'.

Seriously? I'm a powerlifter and don't even use wraps until 4 weeks out from competition. And even then they only come out when I'm training doubles and singles on the bench. That's too funny!

30. Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Actually no because of the ankle support. But steal toes can be used to kick people in the arse when they don't wipe the sweat off the benches they use!
    check on the sweaty-bench-leaving-fux.
    steel-toes are appropriate.

but, about the boots, generally...
    couldn't a guy just drop the laces, roll the tongue down, and get a full, unimpeded range of motion, with a solid, flat base, and some sh!t-kickin style?

oh, and, well, i feel badly for those doods, you know, the poser 'all the gear, no idea' set...
    spending tons of money on muscletech trash...
    because, look, at least they make it in, you know?
    better than 90% of the obese lazy bigots who run the world.
    just sayin...
    maybe, in time, they will stick with it.
    learn, like i am learning.
    and eventually wise up a bit...

frankly, i would rather stay positive about those people.
    i mean, that they can't do a single weighted pull-up doesn't matter to me.
    doesn't hurt me, like a sweaty bench or some schmuck who stinks like cigarettes.
    i just let them be.
  •