Douchebags at the gym...

Page 18 of 272 First ... 13161718192023 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    808rebel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,079
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerderek0 View Post


    That was painful. F that chick. Physco
    definitely not what i was hoping for.

    Saw 3 frat kids walk into the gym with their cut-sleeve shirts and immediately start doing hammer curls. The funny part was they were standing so damn close to each other, it almost looked like they were over-lapping. Not to mention it was a slow day&time so the gym was fairly empty. I swear i only saw them do 2 sets and leave. Either way they looked retarded. I was gunna snap a phone pic but i didnt. morons

  2. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    I'd still pee in her butt.
    I would pee on her face.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  3. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I would pee on her face.
    •   
       

  4. jin
    jin is offline
    Registered User
    jin's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    This one is a few weeks old, some guy had the locker right below mine and was taking up all the space on the bench. I noticed that he was sitting their the entire time it took me to get my stuff, shower, etc and it looked like he was fevershly drying his one foot. Wondering what he was doing for so long I looked closer and realized he was scraping skin off his foot onto the floor for like 15 minutes and was still ped-egging it as I left.
    dood.
    that is disgusting.

    damn.

    actually, i had a nasty case of the fungus that i figure came outta the gym somehow last fall.

    since then, i have taken to dopin some coconut oil with oil of oregano (and some mixed tocopherols, but that is beside the point) and oilin myself, especially my feet, after i get them clean and dry.

    kill that nasty ****.

    and thinkin about that doods fungal-infested skin all over the floor,
    i am happy that i have been doin this.

    yuck.
    some people.
  5. Registered User
    rambo679's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    407
    Answers
    0

    Fresh one from today, some skinny dude who to be fair is ripped but looks like he's just the type who was born that way. He keeps lifting up his shirt and holding it under his chin while doing curls to check out his abs. It looks like he is working out in a sports bra, then he walks around like he is tough but he literally can only bench press 95 pounds. And in fact he almost dropped that on himself
    once and had to use the middle rack on the bench and slide out from under it.
  6. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    Fresh one from today, some skinny dude who to be fair is ripped but looks like he's just the type who was born that way. He keeps lifting up his shirt and holding it under his chin while doing curls to check out his abs. It looks like he is working out in a sports bra, then he walks around like he is tough but he literally can only bench press 95 pounds. And in fact he almost dropped that on himself
    once and had to use the middle rack on the bench and slide out from under it.
    lol. that guy.....he's everywhere doing the same thing.
  7. Registered User
    CCV3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    554
    Answers
    0

    ^^^ I saw him yesterday.
  8. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CCV3 View Post
    ^^^ I saw him yesterday.
    Oh, he frequents my gym too!
  9. Registered User
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0

    he joined my spin class....lol
    RIP Ryan, :(
  10. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    he joined my spin class....lol
    And after spin class, I saw him grocery shopping at Safeway!
  11. Registered User
    JerseyDrew77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    212
    Answers
    0

    So does watching women, that wear spandex shorts, doing squats and straight leg deadlifts in between your sets make you a douchebag?
  12. Registered User
    bakerderek0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Answers
    0

    No, but if you start doing 35lb BB curls with intentions of "wooing" the ladies. Then yes
  13. Registered User
    Dizmal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    548
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDrew77 View Post
    So does watching women, that wear spandex shorts, doing squats and straight leg deadlifts in between your sets make you a douchebag?
    If so I'm King douche!!
  14. Registered User
    JerseyDrew77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    212
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerderek0 View Post
    No, but if you start doing 35lb BB curls with intentions of "wooing" the ladies. Then yes
    Lol...That's why I said in between your sets so that you can purposely stare and watch their "form".
  15. Registered User
    2k1s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,149
    Answers
    0

    Update on the dude that crop dusted me. Today I saw him and had to fart. I ripped ass right in front of him. He then looks at me and I give him the wtf are you looking at face. Game on.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
  16. Registered User
    CCV3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    554
    Answers
    0

    These guys have seasons, episodes, etc.

    "Dont be that guy at the gym"

    Shyts hilarious.

    YouTube - Gym Rats - Don't Be That Guy EPISODE 2
  17. Registered User
    CCV3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    554
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDrew77 View Post
    Lol...That's why I said in between your sets so that you can purposely stare and watch their "form".
    Second bit in this clip.

    YouTube - Gym Rats - Don't Be That Guy EPISODE 4
  18. Registered User
    JerseyDrew77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    212
    Answers
    0

    Her ass was a little small for me. The key is once they look back at you, you are supposed to stop staring at their ass and make eye contact.
  19. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    mich29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,519
    Answers
    0

    a guy doing 300lbs+ but doing 2 inch squats like he is doing something.it took everything in me not to lol out loud.dude is maybe 220 decent build like he might know how to get to the gym a few times a week.

    why is all I gotta say.
  20. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mich29
    a guy doing 300lbs+ but doing 2 inch squats like he is doing something.it took everything in me not to lol out loud.dude is maybe 220 decent build like he might know how to get to the gym a few times a week.

    why is all I gotta say.
    Lol! Bringing it back from the dead!
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  21. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Answers
    0

    Haven't seen this thread in a while lol

    I joined a new gym about 3 months ago. It's owned by a IFBB pro and has no heat or AC. It's the kind of place a douche bag can not survive lol

  22. Registered User
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,599
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    a guy doing 300lbs+ but doing 2 inch squats like he is doing something.it took everything in me not to lol out loud.dude is maybe 220 decent build like he might know how to get to the gym a few times a week.

    why is all I gotta say.
    dont ya know.

    deep squats are bad for the knees, i know! right?!

    http://youtu.be/nppzGV1U8y8
  23. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    I'm personally a huge fan of Superbro at my gym. See, the guy thinks he's Superman, but he has the lifting integrity (and strength) of a frat boy who has stints at the gym - you know the type, they go for a month or two, then quit for a while before trying again. His last workout was just great-

    -Loads up 4 plates a side on iso lateral high row, proceeds to do these 2 inch jerks with the machine for about 8 reps before getting tired;
    -Picks up 55 dumbbells, starts bending his arm 10-20 degrees attempting to do hammer curls with the weight;
    -Pins up most if not the whole stack (about 700lbs) on that 90 degree leg press, proceeds to do what might appear as calf presses but to an observant person reveal themselves to be leg presses.

    This is the only bit of his workout I caught between my sets. I had some great laughs that day in the gym. And no, he is not getting results out of this workout.
  24. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Haven't seen this thread in a while lol

    I joined a new gym about 3 months ago. It's owned by a IFBB pro and has no heat or AC. It's the kind of place a douche bag can not survive lol
    Hahaha, yeah I gotta say that can be pretty rough in the summer.

    Also, did you shrink an inch??
  25. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0

    Well yeah douchebags are afraid of sweat lol. How they gonna hit the bar after the gym if they're all sweaty? And God knows douchebags don't use the gym showers. "Those are for homos! Only people that shower in there want to see each other naked." Lol.

    I stick with my gym at work or the one close to my place. 90% of the people at my work stick to aerobic machines, and those type of people usually leave me alone unless I accidentally set the bar down too hard during deadlifts, then I get a couple looks.

    I like the guys at the gym that do curls and tris three times a week, bench 6 plates but only move the bar 3 inches per rep, then stare you down while you're doing 190 on bench after pre exhausting your tri's.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  26. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Well yeah douchebags are afraid of sweat lol. How they gonna hit the bar after the gym if they're all sweaty? And God knows douchebags don't use the gym showers. "Those are for homos! Only people that shower in there want to see each other naked." Lol.

    I stick with my gym at work or the one close to my place. 90% of the people at my work stick to aerobic machines, and those type of people usually leave me alone unless I accidentally set the bar down too hard during deadlifts, then I get a couple looks.

    I like the guys at the gym that do curls and tris three times a week, bench 6 plates but only move the bar 3 inches per rep, then stare you down while you're doing 190 on bench after pre exhausting your tri's.
    Surprisingly, work gyms are probably the best places to go to avoid people like this. It's odd how that seems to be the case, because in most instances it's the last place I want to be after being there all day.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  27. Registered User
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,599
    Answers
    0

    i love the new years resolutioners! January is just around the corner!!

    yay, gym comedy 101
  28. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    I might be going to a commercial gym
  29. Registered User
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,394
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    i love the new years resolutioners! January is just around the corner!!

    yay, gym comedy 101
    Thanks for reminding me I hate how crowded it is for a month lol.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  30. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,466
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Hahahahah. I know just the type.

    He also has to grunt like Sharapova while doing lat pulldowns with 100 lbs and always lets all the weights slam down on his final rep just to make *sure* everyone in the building knows just how much of a **** he is.
    Similar to that, I've seen a fella who put ALL of the weight on the lat pull down machine and made alot of racket. But the bad part was that his form more closely resembled an angled rowboat style paddle movement, lol. His upper body was rocking back and forth maybe two total feet on that machine, lol. Form was terrible. Defnitely a face palm moment.
  31. Registered User
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,599
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Similar to that, I've seen a fella who put ALL of the weight on the lat pull down machine and made alot of racket. But the bad part was that his form more closely resembled an angled rowboat style paddle movement, lol. His upper body was rocking back and forth maybe two total feet on that machine, lol. Form was terrible. Defnitely a face palm moment.
    love it!

    keep it coming guys, this thread has made this monday worthwhile.

    lol
  32. Registered User
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,466
    Answers
    0

    In general, guys that aren't training for an honorable or useful purpose are really just there for vainity which can trace back to attention from others. This in turn means that those Superbro's, newbies, etc. are spending equal amounts of time comparing themselves to others. But, since they are in the business of finding security in their appearance, they only compare themselves to people that are in lesser shape and they only compare their strong points to others weak points. It usually only takes about a month or two of this kind of mindset before that guy literally walks around like his balls are the size of Texas. Furthermore, thats when you start seeing stupid workouts, terrible form, and way too much weight for that particular person. They basically get to a point to where they are trying to protect their arrogance and ego with attention-grabbing routines - thus the super heavy weights, terrible form and weird behavior.

    Which, btw here are my motivations for training -

    1) My fiance's personal enjoyment (eventually to be my wife)

    2) I want to become a pro-bb'er one day

    3) I'm sort-of addicted to routine anaerobic exercise
  33. Registered User
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,599
    Answers
    0

    good points sir!

    i work out for the following reasons-

    1. anger management
    2. to get bigger legs
    3. health


    the squat and dead is a very ugly lift, only making my ugly even worse.... lol
  34. Registered User
    rambo679's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    407
    Answers
    0

    I saw a guy working out with 1 of every workout accessory. He had those feet shoes, a super fancy weight belt, wrist wraps, underarmour, gloves, and the underarmour skullcap to top it all off. The workout this gear was needed for? Quarter squats on the smith machine.
  35. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    I saw a guy working out with 1 of every workout accessory. He had those feet shoes, a super fancy weight belt, wrist wraps, underarmour, gloves, and the underarmour skullcap to top it all off. The workout this gear was needed for? Quarter squats on the smith machine.
    This would make for a great inside-joke-type costume
  36. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    mich29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,519
    Answers
    0

    I love this thread.
  37. Registered User
    VikingDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0

    This is a great thread. I was training chest Saturday (always my last workout of the week) and encountered an older-than-me gentleman (40-ish I would guess, maybe a tad younger) who was also doing chest. We chatted a bit and I made a comment on how my thighs were destroyed from the box squats I did 8 sets of the night before. He laughed and said, and I quote; " yeah, I don't train legs, it's to much effort. I just do arms and chest every other day." I didn't want to laugh in his face so I just nodded and went along with my workout. I now know why he never goes above 155lbs for 3-5 reps on bench.
  38. Registered User
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,319
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by VikingDave View Post
    This is a great thread. I was training chest Saturday (always my last workout of the week) and encountered an older-than-me gentleman (40-ish I would guess, maybe a tad younger) who was also doing chest. We chatted a bit and I made a comment on how my thighs were destroyed from the box squats I did 8 sets of the night before. He laughed and said, and I quote; " yeah, I don't train legs, it's to much effort. I just do arms and chest every other day." I didn't want to laugh in his face so I just nodded and went along with my workout. I now know why he never goes above 155lbs for 3-5 reps on bench.
    Too much effort? Geez I only do two leg exercises lol. Nice name btw. I wish I thought of having a name more viking like.
  39. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0

    Uhm Aren't We All??


    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Every gym has at least one.

    At my gym he is one of these; that (Fat, lonely looking) dude who you made the mistake of acknowledging once as you walked past him (Another common mistake is trying to help someone with their form before they end up in a wheel-chair who ends up being one of these) who now just has to come up and give it the "WAZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!? !?!?!?!" when you're on the last 2 reps of a power set.

    Or wants to come over and dribble **** about how his (Probably imaginary or inflatable) girlfriend is giving him the ****s while you're in the zone because you nodded at him once so obviously you care. Regardless of how many hints you drop the only way to get rid of this guy is to be as blunt as possible.

    So one of those episodes got me to wondering what the douchebags at your gym do to annoy/amuse you guys..?

    Could be good for a laugh.
    Uhm isn't it true if you are at the gym more than 3 times a week, that offically makes you a doucher or meathead no matter how "cool" you may think you are? LOL Just thought that was the case in most gyms...
  40. Registered User
    rambo679's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    407
    Answers
    0

    I've also noticed a direct correlation between doing partial reps and wearing denim to the gym.
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in