Help the new guy

adoring

Awards
I am new to lifting and I am trying hard to get into this very addicting lifestyle. I have been going at it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing an increase in energy but its too early for body changes. I want to know what kind of suplements I should be taking that is not going to add pounds but actualy take some off and help me put on muscle plus help with recovery. Right now I am doing mostly upper body every 3 days and 30 min of cardio at least 4 times a week. What can I do to max this without killing myself. Some one please help, anything would be great. I know there is thousands of experts out there that were once in my shoes.
Thanks..

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am new to lifting and I am trying hard to get into this very addicting lifestyle. I have been going at it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing an increase in energy but its too early for body changes. I want to know what kind of suplements I should be taking that is not going to add pounds but actualy take some off and help me put on muscle plus help with recovery. Right now I am doing mostly upper body every 3 days and 30 min of cardio at least 4 times a week. What can I do to max this without killing myself. Some one please help, anything would be great. I know there is thousands of experts out there that were once in my shoes.
Thanks..
For supplements you want a good Multivitamin(adam NOW is cheap and great), I found 4-5g of fishoil a day made me feel good after a couples weeks(great for cardiovascular health studies say as well), BCAA's, and if you want a decent Pre Workout to get pumped up. Other than that your Diet is a big part of your goals

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
the only reason its too early for body changes is because you're not doing total body workouts on those 3 days per week, and your diet isn't locked down.

consider changing to a full body routine, switching your carbs out for slow digesting ones, and cutting your calories to 100 calories below maintenance. also, do not use the scale to track your progress - it won't differentiate between gaining 2 pounds of muscle and loosing 2 pounds of fat, and you may end up discouraged even while you're making progress. for that reason, use the mirror or tape measurer to track your gains.

duffmt6

Awards
check out the nutrition, training and supplements sections and browse around. you will find a lot of info. start with diet and training.