Help the new guy

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.83%

Help the new guy

I am new to lifting and I am trying hard to get into this very addicting lifestyle. I have been going at it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing an increase in energy but its too early for body changes. I want to know what kind of suplements I should be taking that is not going to add pounds but actualy take some off and help me put on muscle plus help with recovery. Right now I am doing mostly upper body every 3 days and 30 min of cardio at least 4 times a week. What can I do to max this without killing myself. Some one please help, anything would be great. I know there is thousands of experts out there that were once in my shoes.
    Thanks..

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by adoring View Post
    I am new to lifting and I am trying hard to get into this very addicting lifestyle. I have been going at it for about 3 weeks and I am seeing an increase in energy but its too early for body changes. I want to know what kind of suplements I should be taking that is not going to add pounds but actualy take some off and help me put on muscle plus help with recovery. Right now I am doing mostly upper body every 3 days and 30 min of cardio at least 4 times a week. What can I do to max this without killing myself. Some one please help, anything would be great. I know there is thousands of experts out there that were once in my shoes.
    Thanks..
    For supplements you want a good Multivitamin(adam NOW is cheap and great), I found 4-5g of fishoil a day made me feel good after a couples weeks(great for cardiovascular health studies say as well), BCAA's, and if you want a decent Pre Workout to get pumped up. Other than that your Diet is a big part of your goals
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

the only reason its too early for body changes is because you're not doing total body workouts on those 3 days per week, and your diet isn't locked down.

consider changing to a full body routine, switching your carbs out for slow digesting ones, and cutting your calories to 100 calories below maintenance. also, do not use the scale to track your progress - it won't differentiate between gaining 2 pounds of muscle and loosing 2 pounds of fat, and you may end up discouraged even while you're making progress. for that reason, use the mirror or tape measurer to track your gains.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.39%

check out the nutrition, training and supplements sections and browse around. you will find a lot of info. start with diet and training.