Poll: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR BIG ARMS?

BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    ya know wats a man meal? steak 2 over easy eggs and potatoes.
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

“Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

2. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

hahahah nice!.

situation:

so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
    •   

3. Yeah, I feel all of you. It pisses me off, I can get a pretty impressive lat spread, I can get big shoulders, I can get a big chest, but good god it takes so much to get my arms to grow. I found that the only thing that I can get my arms to grow with is high rep, lower weight exercises. I did high weight low rep for a long time and when I switched up they finally grew.

4. I'm at 16" cut. I hardly ever hit just arms. I usually do a upperbody and lowerbody day followed by a rest day. I do a lot of benching, overhead, squats, deadlifts, and back work. I almost never do curls because I think they get enough work to stay strong from deadlifts and back work. They don't grow a whole lot though, but I've haven't been worried worried about being big.

And my arms went from 14 to 16 with 35 pound gain, although I'm sure they could be bigger if I worked them more.

5. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

situation:

so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
    hahaha. ****in starbucks. Have to target the chicks with the lower back tatts or fake nails. I have found girls with fake nails are generally just hornier.
    •   

6. LMAO, 3rd meal! NICE!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    Cyber Monday Deals Here! http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serious-nutrition-solutions/298482-summary-list-sns.html#post5897056

7. hahahah da tramp stamp girls with fake nails are into meal 3

8. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

situation:

Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

9. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.
    hahahhaha nice

10. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    SO....who doesnt want big arms?

how did you get yours?

-infrequent training
    -more frequent training
    -how many sets per bi's or tri's
    -what other muscles do you train them with vs. training them together
    -training intensity
    -volume
    -weight (heavy or lighter)
    From reading all of the posts you can probably tell two things. First, there's no universally accepted way to get big arms. And second, you can score with chicks at Starbuck's (which is true by the way).

I have a dedicated arm day but I also work tri's on chest day. So, Saturday is chest day. Once I'm done with chest I'll do 5 sets of headbangers and then 5 sets of close-grip bench press both 10-12 reps.

On arm day (Wednesday), I used to do straight bar curls but hurt my forearm and it's never been the same. So now I use the e-z curl bar and do 5 sets of 10-12 with whatever weight I can handle. It varies based on arm pain. I follow that with incline alt db's 3 x 10-12 and finally preacher for the same. My fav bicep exercise (other than straight bar) is incline alt db curls. For tri's I do pushdowns for 5 x 10-12, weighted dips for the same and then I finish with 1-arm pushdowns 3 x 10-12(I use the cable-crossover handles).

My arms were at there best back when I kicked off arm day with straight bar curls. But I had to adapt. What I'm doing may not work for everyone but it works for me. Just play around with a bunch of different exercises and find what works best. When it seems to stop working then change it up.

Good Luck Building The Guns!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    From reading all of the posts you can probably tell two things. First, there's no universally accepted way to get big arms. And second, you can score with chicks at Starbuck's (which is true by the way).

I have a dedicated arm day but I also work tri's on chest day. So, Saturday is chest day. Once I'm done with chest I'll do 5 sets of headbangers and then 5 sets of close-grip bench press both 10-12 reps.

On arm day (Wednesday), I used to do straight bar curls but hurt my forearm and it's never been the same. So now I use the e-z curl bar and do 5 sets of 10-12 with whatever weight I can handle. It varies based on arm pain. I follow that with incline alt db's 3 x 10-12 and finally preacher for the same. My fav bicep exercise (other than straight bar) is incline alt db curls. For tri's I do pushdowns for 5 x 10-12, weighted dips for the same and then I finish with 1-arm pushdowns 3 x 10-12(I use the cable-crossover handles).

My arms were at there best back when I kicked off arm day with straight bar curls. But I had to adapt. What I'm doing may not work for everyone but it works for me. Just play around with a bunch of different exercises and find what works best. When it seems to stop working then change it up.

Good Luck Building The Guns!!
    thanks man. Of course there is no universally accepted way to grow guns, but I was just wondering what people who have nicely developed arms have done to get them.

12. pudzian, screw the arms, I'd like to know what you did to get that back!

13. Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    pudzian, screw the arms, I'd like to know what you did to get that back!
    hahah thanks man. anyway my advice to you is as follows: COMPOUND MOVEMENTS. bent over barbell rows, dumbell 1 arm rows (sometimes I superset the two when my Cardiovascular system is in good shape and i can handle it). heavy rows, pull downs (both grip styles) and T bar rows.--deadlifts help to recruit fibers for growth (do them on a different day tho. -the bent over rows will cover these necessary angles on back day)

14. bent over rows are a necessity. When coupled with t-bar/1 or 2 arm DB rows and cable rows you have a solid foundation
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

15. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    bent over rows are a necessity. When coupled with t-bar/1 or 2 arm DB rows and cable rows you have a solid foundation
    agreed.

16. ****** synthol

17. The only thing that builds my arms are triple ascending weight sets, and triple drops. Try it, you will have bigger fuller arms in weeks. Just work it into your routine. Obviously you can't do all your sets this way, but you can do one for bis, tris, and delts each week, coupled with various other arm movements. Once you feel the wrath of the triple, you'll never do single sets again.

18. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    The only thing that builds my arms are triple ascending weight sets, and triple drops. Try it, you will have bigger fuller arms in weeks. Just work it into your routine. Obviously you can't do all your sets this way, but you can do one for bis, tris, and delts each week, coupled with various other arm movements. Once you feel the wrath of the triple, you'll never do single sets again.
    ive done those before. It may be time to incorporate them again

19. Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.

20. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.
    i usually train for blood volume anyway. not weight. its true tho-what your saying. at least it works that way for me. plus my arms wont grow unless im putting on weight with the bigger muscle groups (of course) so it seems focussing more on arms to make them grow is useless. they need stimuli, but its best to put more focus on the bigger muscles

21. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.
    For some heavy weight is needed to build arms. Its all very subjective. What works for you may do **** all for another. I need to lift heavy to get growth out of my arms, I have tried the light weight superset approach and it did nothing. It's funny because high volume did nothing for arms but did wonders for my quads, I was doing like 70 rep sets for quads on the leg press. Its all just ****ed up.

22. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    For some heavy weight is needed to build arms. Its all very subjective. What works for you may do **** all for another. I need to lift heavy to get growth out of my arms, I have tried the light weight superset approach and it did nothing. It's funny because high volume did nothing for arms but did wonders for my quads, I was doing like 70 rep sets for quads on the leg press. Its all just ****ed up.
    i agree with your last sentence haha

23. me 2....jesus that last sentence the most true thing i have heard about BB'ing to date.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How did you get on with Anabolic designs shredabull?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
  2. how far did you get naturally
    By UnrealMachine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 01:33 PM
  3. How did you guys get more test from your doctors?
    By LiveNDie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. How did you get on with universal storm?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 03:48 PM