BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

HOW DID YOU GET YOUR BIG ARMS?

• More Frequent Training

Votes: 135 63.7%
  • Less Frequent Training

Votes: 77 36.3%

• Total voters
Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I rarely seem to do biceps. I do tris on my chest days. When i do a day of biceps and hit them hard they just seem to explode in size for the next day or so. Where as when i don't do them my gf tells me they look a lot smaller :(

i seem to be getting a few stretch marks on my left bicep. So i don't think i'll be hitting my bis hard till i get my Java lather soap :)

Also, when i do my biceps i'd do them once a week and no more.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I think the biggest thing that helped me was supersetting for 4 weeks then cutting back to single and compound exerices. Basically doing just a bicep (supersetting) and tricep day then switching 4 weeks in to doin back and biceps basically compound and single movements.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I rarely seem to do biceps. I do tris on my chest days. When i do a day of biceps and hit them hard they just seem to explode in size for the next day or so. Where as when i don't do them my gf tells me they look a lot smaller :(

i seem to be getting a few stretch marks on my left bicep. So i don't think i'll be hitting my bis hard till i get my Java lather soap :)

Also, when i do my biceps i'd do them once a week and no more.
java soap didnt do a damn thing for me.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
java soap didnt do a damn thing for me.
I was going to buy the flawless cream stuff aswell but it was out of stock :( My gf has some oil stuff she used to use and said it worked well for scaring and stretch marks so i might give that a try along with the java soap. really don't want to get anymore stretch marks!

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Yeah get Bio Oil, its like $14 at shoppers and its working a little for me so far. I read some article on it and it is suppose to be a "break through" for reducing scars. My buddy works at shoppers and many pregnant women say great things about it and it is constantly out of stock which is a good thing. The java soap bars... the big one may last 2 weeks max... they dissolve quickly and are expensive.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
those drag curls are legit! i almost think i might have an arm muscle ha

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
I have tried a pretty intense arms program, and it felt like my arms were going to explode...here it is.

all exercises: 4 sets of 8 - 12

Straight Bar Curls supersetted w/ Laying Triceps extension
Dumbbell Hammers w/ Cable Tri Pushdowns
Seated Incline DB curls w/ Kneeling Cable Extension
Concentration Curls w/ 1 Hand DB Overhead Tri Extension

I got really good results with it, and i'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to change up their routine for 3 - 4 weeks and wants bigger arms

when i did this, i was taking NO Explode, so that may account for some of the size gains, but regardless, with or without supps, this is a solid workoout

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SO....who doesnt want big arms?

how did you get yours?

-infrequent training
-more frequent training
-how many sets per bi's or tri's
-what other muscles do you train them with vs. training them together
-training intensity
-volume
-weight (heavy or lighter)
C) genetics :twisted:

I used to not even train em directly to let the rest of my body catch up and still had guys askin what I did to get em so big.... now its about getting them both symmetrical... rights bout 1/2 inch bigger...

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

I used to not even train em directly to let the rest of my body catch up and still had guys askin what I did to get em so big.... now its about getting them both symmetrical... rights bout 1/2 inch bigger...
bastard:)

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established

Same here. It looks very bad. My right arm is more vascular, stronger, and bigger than my left by a long shot.

What are you doing to work on symmetry?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I do back in the morning and work the biceps at home at night

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
preexhaustion of the left bi before a back workout. Extra reps and sets on left for bis/tris and trying extra hard to focus on form and not giving all the weight to the right on any compound exercise through the week....

conversly my left pectoral is also larger then my right for the same reason.. the larger right arm has been taking away from the pecs taking all the weight and now have to do extra exercises (namely close fly since it eleminates the arm mostly) for my right pec... its not so noticable though like the arms.

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
seated incline db partial curls.... sets of 20, 15, 15, 10, (cut weight in half) to failure
just tried these sets the other night, and i was really impressed at the work you can get done with lighter weights...so if you re one of the guys who lifts heavy and cant get the results you want, try giving this a shot

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Poopy curls in teh squat rack, brahs.

Don't listen to him.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
has anybody ever tried the all day arm workout???

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
has anybody ever tried the all day arm workout???
Does that involve standing in front of the mirror in the gym with your hood up doing bicep curls all day?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does that involve standing in front of the mirror in the gym with your hood up doing bicep curls all day?
...wearing expensive designer clothing and having a guy take pictures of you in black n white? :lol:

Oh, crap... I'm screwed.

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
...wearing expensive designer clothing and having a guy take pictures of you in black n white? :lol:

Oh, crap... I'm screwed.
All day arm workout:

By Robbie Hazeley

Here’s how to add an inch to your arms after a single workout be warned this routine is not for the weak!

Take 4 days off training before starting and after consume a high calorie diet measure your arms at start then 24 hours after and again after your 4 days rest be prepare for a shock!. The days workout is simple but difficult to stick to.

Its 4 exercises into 2 supersets every half hour. (A superset is doing both exercises together without a break, so you would do, for example, 8 BB curls, followed immediately by 8 Tricep pushdowns, rest for 30 secs to 2 mins, then repeat)

Workout 1- 1a barbell curls 3x8 1b tricep pushdowns 3x8.

Workout 2- 2a seated dumbbell curls 3x10 2b french press 3x10.

6am 10grams creatine 100grams maltodextrin in a pint of water
6.30am 30gram protein drink
7am 50 grams oats 2 bananas
7.30am take arm measurements stretch out do 2 warm up sets each of dumbbell curls and tricep pushdowns
8am workout 1 this should take 5 minutes rest till 8.30am
8.30am workout 2 rest till 9am
8.45am 30gram protein drink
9am workout 1
9.30am workout 2
10am workout 1
10.30am workout 2
11am workout 1
11.30am workout 2
Noon workout 1
12.30pm workout 2
12.45pm large vegan meal

Return to top

1pm workout 1
1.30pm workout 2
2pm workout 1
2.30pm workout 2
3pm workout 1
3.30pm workout 2
3.45pm 30gram protein drink
4pm workout 1
4.30pm workout 2
4.45pm 10 grams creatine 100grams maltodextrin in a pint of water
5.45pm 60gram protein drink with a banana blended in
6.30pm eat a large vegan meal
Before bed a 30gram protein drink with a banana blended in.

This workout is brought to you by Pete and Robbie at veganbodybuilding.org [probably the best vegan website in the world]

If you have any questions, feel free to post on the Veganbodybuilding E-mail list

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DONT QUOTE ME ON IT
but im sure whoever wrote it might have copied it from another dude that wrote an article in one of the muscle and fitness magazines or was it FLEX? im not so sure. but it was similar to that except more food and meat. i read a whileeeeee ago but never tried it

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
here is a similiar variation that i find is more suitable if you dont want to be in the gym all day, or if you dont have a gym at home. doubt ill ever try it though

T-Nation.com | Mystery Meat

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
that all day arms shiz looks retarded... if pple actually add size to there arms with that routine it's nothing more than glycogen/water/fat

best routine i'v found for arms is having a seperate arm's day, and rotating sets with bi's and tri's... strength should be pretty equal between two, and if one is lagging then that can stall growth

so it would be...

set 1 - DB Curls
Set 2- Skull Crushers
Set 3 - DB Curls
Set 4 - Skull crushers

after 3-4 heavy sets of each your arms are so swollen it's rediculous

but no matter what your routine is your gonna have to be bulking to add size to your arms... 5lbs of bodyweight should give you a half inch on your arms if you training them correctly

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
THAT IS VERY TRUE!
it will NOT be muscle just water glycogen etc etc.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
2x a week heavy heavy barbell cheat curls, 5x5, same thing with close grips. Then I do a minimum of 12 sets of other exercises for both bis and tris in the 8-10 rep range with strict form. But heavy barbell curls and close grips are the "meat and potatoes" of building big arms.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
another note, i didn't start at twice a week. I used to do this 1x a week b/c of how sore I was and worked my way up to a higher frequency.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
to get big arms build massive tri's. Some of my friends think
Skull Crushers
Dumbell Extentions
Pullovers
Pulldowns
build big tris I use those as burnouts id do two power sets

Reverse Grip Bench

Weighted Dips

Then use skull crushers Dumbell extentions etc to do 3 sets of 8-10 and then when i get to pulldowns 12-15 reps thats how i got my arms reallly big...well really big for me haha.