Poll: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR BIG ARMS?

BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Cell Tech

No, but really. My arms havnt really grown in the last 1.5 years im stuck at 15.5, so gay. I mean i keep getting strong (hammer curl 80x6 DBs) but ****, they wont grow. My bis are getting better tho, but my tris are severly lacking...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    well...what do you consider big? I'm not talking size so much as overall quality. I mean anyone can obtain thick fat arms....but cut, large, and developed arms.....

and the variable being discussed here is what people have had most success with when getting them to grow in size, when the other few attributes were assumed to be in place.
    So giggly grandma arms don't count?

Unless you are going to pump yourself full of synthol a'la Greg Vantentino, you just gotta get bigger.

I think this about sums it up:

Big Arms, Big Physique

Q: Is it true you have to gain a bunch of muscular body weight overall in order to get big arms?

A: Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it'll be more like a 25 pound gain.

Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm COLD. Arthur Jones said they were full of ****. Arthur Jones was right: The Weider camp was full of ****. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would've had to weigh 308.

If you're going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.
    “Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”
    •   

3. synthol bro! lol jk.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    synthol bro! lol jk.

“Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit.”

5. Just lost my appetite
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post

thats so ****ing rediculous. what sick minds to want that. **** i dont care tho, whatever gets em through the night

7. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    So giggly grandma arms don't count?

Unless you are going to pump yourself full of synthol a'la Greg Vantentino, you just gotta get bigger.

I think this about sums it up:

Big Arms, Big Physique

Q: Is it true you have to gain a bunch of muscular body weight overall in order to get big arms?

A: Typically, you have to gain 15 pounds of overall body weight to add an inch to your upper arm measurements. Now, if you want to go from 21 to 22-inch arms, which is enormous, it'll be more like a 25 pound gain.

Weider writers claimed that Arnold used to have a 22 inch arm COLD. Arthur Jones said they were full of ****. Arthur Jones was right: The Weider camp was full of ****. For Arnold to have a legitimate 22 inch arm, he would've had to weigh 308.

If you're going from a 14 inch arm to 16, then 30 pounds will do it. But going from 18 to 20 inches will require more like a 50 pound gain.

yea i do agree. However I think there may be few exceptions where some genetically gifted (however i think "genetics" are overrated excuses for people not to work hard to achieve their goals). I think some people can have naturally disproportionate growth in the arms, but for the most part its all BS that if you go to the gym and do bicep curls 3x per week and nothing else that you can make 23 inch arms and a stick figure physique other wise.

i heard it was more like 10lbs per inch on the arms.....oh well. I want 20+inch arms so 40+lbs gain it is!

8. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    yea i do agree. However I think there may be few exceptions where some genetically gifted (however i think "genetics" are overrated excuses for people not to work hard to achieve their goals). I think some people can have naturally disproportionate growth in the arms, but for the most part its all BS that if you go to the gym and do bicep curls 3x per week and nothing else that you can make 23 inch arms and a stick figure physique other wise.

i heard it was more like 10lbs per inch on the arms.....oh well. I want 20+inch arms so 40+lbs gain it is!
    Yeah the 'genetics' excuse is a pretty poor one. My genetics gave me a large frame, which makes it tougher to 'fill out' vs. someone a foot shorter than me, but it certainly won't limit what I can do with time and persistence.

If curling 3x / week gave you 'big guns', there would be a lot of 165# dudes walking around with howitzers sticking out of their sleeves...

20"? damn.

I would be happy to get to 19" and change, shirts are hard enough to buy now.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Yeah the 'genetics' excuse is a pretty poor one. My genetics gave me a large frame, which makes it tougher to 'fill out' vs. someone a foot shorter than me, but it certainly won't limit what I can do with time and persistence.

If curling 3x / week gave you 'big guns', there would be a lot of 165# dudes walking around with howitzers sticking out of their sleeves...

20"? damn.

I would be happy to get to 19" and change, shirts are hard enough to buy now.
    yea true. 19 and change wouldnt be too bad as either haha...but when someone says how big are your arms? and your like...well about as big as your ***** ass right leg. I just think thats funny.

10. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    yea true. 19 and change wouldnt be too bad as either haha...but when someone says how big are your arms? and your like...well about as big as your ***** ass right leg. I just think thats funny.

11. i want 16s

I got small joints so atleast it makes my arms look bigger...

12. Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    i want 16s

I got small joints so atleast it makes my arms look bigger...
    i've got kinda thick joints and bones. sorta like how jay cutler has to be 300lbs whereas someone else can look similar (less bulky of course) at a lesser weight.

13. Mine are 18.5 cold, but I am about to cut so they will shrink a little. But a nicely defined upper arm is more attractive then a big ball of mass so I am looking forward to it.

14. I'm stuck at 16's. At my peak bulk they were 17s, but when I leaned back down they also went back down to 16s. Shlt.

15. Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Mine are 18.5 cold, but I am about to cut so they will shrink a little. But a nicely defined upper arm is more attractive then a big ball of mass so I am looking forward to it.
    yea i agree. there needs to be depth and cuts. then it looks even bigger than just one molded together lump of steak and potatoes hahha....thats my next goal there.

16. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    yea i agree. there needs to be depth and cuts. then it looks even bigger than just one molded together lump of steak and potatoes hahha....thats my next goal there.
    hahahahaha. now im in the mood for sum steak n taters

17. Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    hahahahaha. now im in the mood for sum steak n taters
    I just finished an 8oz Delmonico and Large Sweet Potato! Yum.

18. i have made gains by goin very slow. 5 secs down 5 secs up for 10 reps. i dont use much weight at all

19. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    i have made gains by goin very slow. 5 secs down 5 secs up for 10 reps. i dont use much weight at all
    i tried the TUT principles and they didn't work so well for me.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    I just finished an 8oz Delmonico and Large Sweet Potato! Yum.
    ya know wats a man meal? steak 2 over easy eggs and potatoes.

21. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    ya know wats a man meal? steak 2 over easy eggs and potatoes.
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

hahahah nice!.

situation:

so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.

23. Yeah, I feel all of you. It pisses me off, I can get a pretty impressive lat spread, I can get big shoulders, I can get a big chest, but good god it takes so much to get my arms to grow. I found that the only thing that I can get my arms to grow with is high rep, lower weight exercises. I did high weight low rep for a long time and when I switched up they finally grew.

24. I'm at 16" cut. I hardly ever hit just arms. I usually do a upperbody and lowerbody day followed by a rest day. I do a lot of benching, overhead, squats, deadlifts, and back work. I almost never do curls because I think they get enough work to stay strong from deadlifts and back work. They don't grow a whole lot though, but I've haven't been worried worried about being big.

And my arms went from 14 to 16 with 35 pound gain, although I'm sure they could be bigger if I worked them more.

25. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

situation:

so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
    hahaha. ****in starbucks. Have to target the chicks with the lower back tatts or fake nails. I have found girls with fake nails are generally just hornier.

26. LMAO, 3rd meal! NICE!!

27. hahahah da tramp stamp girls with fake nails are into meal 3

28. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

situation:

Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.
    hahahhaha nice

30. Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    SO....who doesnt want big arms?

how did you get yours?

-infrequent training
    -more frequent training
    -how many sets per bi's or tri's
    -what other muscles do you train them with vs. training them together
    -training intensity
    -volume
    -weight (heavy or lighter)
    From reading all of the posts you can probably tell two things. First, there's no universally accepted way to get big arms. And second, you can score with chicks at Starbuck's (which is true by the way).

I have a dedicated arm day but I also work tri's on chest day. So, Saturday is chest day. Once I'm done with chest I'll do 5 sets of headbangers and then 5 sets of close-grip bench press both 10-12 reps.

On arm day (Wednesday), I used to do straight bar curls but hurt my forearm and it's never been the same. So now I use the e-z curl bar and do 5 sets of 10-12 with whatever weight I can handle. It varies based on arm pain. I follow that with incline alt db's 3 x 10-12 and finally preacher for the same. My fav bicep exercise (other than straight bar) is incline alt db curls. For tri's I do pushdowns for 5 x 10-12, weighted dips for the same and then I finish with 1-arm pushdowns 3 x 10-12(I use the cable-crossover handles).

My arms were at there best back when I kicked off arm day with straight bar curls. But I had to adapt. What I'm doing may not work for everyone but it works for me. Just play around with a bunch of different exercises and find what works best. When it seems to stop working then change it up.

Good Luck Building The Guns!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How did you get on with Anabolic designs shredabull?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
  2. how far did you get naturally
    By UnrealMachine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
  3. How did you guys get more test from your doctors?
    By LiveNDie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
  4. How did you get on with universal storm?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 02:48 PM