Poll: HOW DID YOU GET YOUR BIG ARMS?

BIG ARMS are cool...How did you get them?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,378
    Rep Power
    585793

    i want 16s

    I got small joints so atleast it makes my arms look bigger...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  2. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    i want 16s

    I got small joints so atleast it makes my arms look bigger...
    i've got kinda thick joints and bones. sorta like how jay cutler has to be 300lbs whereas someone else can look similar (less bulky of course) at a lesser weight.
  3. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    386

    Mine are 18.5 cold, but I am about to cut so they will shrink a little. But a nicely defined upper arm is more attractive then a big ball of mass so I am looking forward to it.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,489
    Rep Power
    33340

    I'm stuck at 16's. At my peak bulk they were 17s, but when I leaned back down they also went back down to 16s. Shlt.
  5. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    Mine are 18.5 cold, but I am about to cut so they will shrink a little. But a nicely defined upper arm is more attractive then a big ball of mass so I am looking forward to it.
    yea i agree. there needs to be depth and cuts. then it looks even bigger than just one molded together lump of steak and potatoes hahha....thats my next goal there.
  6. Registered User
    beebab's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    319

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    yea i agree. there needs to be depth and cuts. then it looks even bigger than just one molded together lump of steak and potatoes hahha....thats my next goal there.
    hahahahaha. now im in the mood for sum steak n taters
  7. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by beebab View Post
    hahahahaha. now im in the mood for sum steak n taters
    I just finished an 8oz Delmonico and Large Sweet Potato! Yum.
  8. Registered User
    ohiostate2827's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    2822

    i have made gains by goin very slow. 5 secs down 5 secs up for 10 reps. i dont use much weight at all
  9. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    i have made gains by goin very slow. 5 secs down 5 secs up for 10 reps. i dont use much weight at all
    i tried the TUT principles and they didn't work so well for me.
  10. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    I just finished an 8oz Delmonico and Large Sweet Potato! Yum.
    ya know wats a man meal? steak 2 over easy eggs and potatoes.
  11. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    ya know wats a man meal? steak 2 over easy eggs and potatoes.
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

  12. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Add 6 more eggs and that will be meal 5.

    hahahah nice!.

    situation:

    so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
  13. Registered User
    Brian5225's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Secretsville
    Age
    30
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    499

    Yeah, I feel all of you. It pisses me off, I can get a pretty impressive lat spread, I can get big shoulders, I can get a big chest, but good god it takes so much to get my arms to grow. I found that the only thing that I can get my arms to grow with is high rep, lower weight exercises. I did high weight low rep for a long time and when I switched up they finally grew.
  14. Registered User
    amt4331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    92

    I'm at 16" cut. I hardly ever hit just arms. I usually do a upperbody and lowerbody day followed by a rest day. I do a lot of benching, overhead, squats, deadlifts, and back work. I almost never do curls because I think they get enough work to stay strong from deadlifts and back work. They don't grow a whole lot though, but I've haven't been worried worried about being big.

    And my arms went from 14 to 16 with 35 pound gain, although I'm sure they could be bigger if I worked them more.
  15. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

    situation:

    so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
    hahaha. ****in starbucks. Have to target the chicks with the lower back tatts or fake nails. I have found girls with fake nails are generally just hornier.
  16. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,378
    Rep Power
    585793

    LMAO, 3rd meal! NICE!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  17. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    hahahah da tramp stamp girls with fake nails are into meal 3
  18. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    hahahah nice!.

    situation:

    so your chillin somewhere and theres this hot girl. she is instincutally turned on my your alpha-male-ness and you just wanna release some of your 1000mg per week of injected testosterone. so you figure its best to ask her to lunch first. to us there is no lunch. its like, hey....wanna hook up for some meal 3 today? and then she goes and hooks up with the skinny starbucks drinking tight ass abercrombie ***got wearing perfume.
    Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.
  19. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Perfume wearing, A&F nancy boy promptly becomes Meal 4.
    hahahhaha nice
  20. Registered User
    Marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    SO....who doesnt want big arms?

    how did you get yours?

    -infrequent training
    -more frequent training
    -how many sets per bi's or tri's
    -what other muscles do you train them with vs. training them together
    -training intensity
    -volume
    -weight (heavy or lighter)
    From reading all of the posts you can probably tell two things. First, there's no universally accepted way to get big arms. And second, you can score with chicks at Starbuck's (which is true by the way).

    I have a dedicated arm day but I also work tri's on chest day. So, Saturday is chest day. Once I'm done with chest I'll do 5 sets of headbangers and then 5 sets of close-grip bench press both 10-12 reps.

    On arm day (Wednesday), I used to do straight bar curls but hurt my forearm and it's never been the same. So now I use the e-z curl bar and do 5 sets of 10-12 with whatever weight I can handle. It varies based on arm pain. I follow that with incline alt db's 3 x 10-12 and finally preacher for the same. My fav bicep exercise (other than straight bar) is incline alt db curls. For tri's I do pushdowns for 5 x 10-12, weighted dips for the same and then I finish with 1-arm pushdowns 3 x 10-12(I use the cable-crossover handles).

    My arms were at there best back when I kicked off arm day with straight bar curls. But I had to adapt. What I'm doing may not work for everyone but it works for me. Just play around with a bunch of different exercises and find what works best. When it seems to stop working then change it up.

    Good Luck Building The Guns!!
  21. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    From reading all of the posts you can probably tell two things. First, there's no universally accepted way to get big arms. And second, you can score with chicks at Starbuck's (which is true by the way).

    I have a dedicated arm day but I also work tri's on chest day. So, Saturday is chest day. Once I'm done with chest I'll do 5 sets of headbangers and then 5 sets of close-grip bench press both 10-12 reps.

    On arm day (Wednesday), I used to do straight bar curls but hurt my forearm and it's never been the same. So now I use the e-z curl bar and do 5 sets of 10-12 with whatever weight I can handle. It varies based on arm pain. I follow that with incline alt db's 3 x 10-12 and finally preacher for the same. My fav bicep exercise (other than straight bar) is incline alt db curls. For tri's I do pushdowns for 5 x 10-12, weighted dips for the same and then I finish with 1-arm pushdowns 3 x 10-12(I use the cable-crossover handles).

    My arms were at there best back when I kicked off arm day with straight bar curls. But I had to adapt. What I'm doing may not work for everyone but it works for me. Just play around with a bunch of different exercises and find what works best. When it seems to stop working then change it up.

    Good Luck Building The Guns!!
    thanks man. Of course there is no universally accepted way to grow guns, but I was just wondering what people who have nicely developed arms have done to get them.
  22. Registered User
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    678

    pudzian, screw the arms, I'd like to know what you did to get that back!
  23. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    pudzian, screw the arms, I'd like to know what you did to get that back!
    hahah thanks man. anyway my advice to you is as follows: COMPOUND MOVEMENTS. bent over barbell rows, dumbell 1 arm rows (sometimes I superset the two when my Cardiovascular system is in good shape and i can handle it). heavy rows, pull downs (both grip styles) and T bar rows.--deadlifts help to recruit fibers for growth (do them on a different day tho. -the bent over rows will cover these necessary angles on back day)
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    bent over rows are a necessity. When coupled with t-bar/1 or 2 arm DB rows and cable rows you have a solid foundation
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  25. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    bent over rows are a necessity. When coupled with t-bar/1 or 2 arm DB rows and cable rows you have a solid foundation
    agreed.
  26. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

  27. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

  28. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    ****** synthol
  29. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    901

    The only thing that builds my arms are triple ascending weight sets, and triple drops. Try it, you will have bigger fuller arms in weeks. Just work it into your routine. Obviously you can't do all your sets this way, but you can do one for bis, tris, and delts each week, coupled with various other arm movements. Once you feel the wrath of the triple, you'll never do single sets again.
  30. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    The only thing that builds my arms are triple ascending weight sets, and triple drops. Try it, you will have bigger fuller arms in weeks. Just work it into your routine. Obviously you can't do all your sets this way, but you can do one for bis, tris, and delts each week, coupled with various other arm movements. Once you feel the wrath of the triple, you'll never do single sets again.
    ive done those before. It may be time to incorporate them again
  31. Registered User
    LilPsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,608
    Rep Power
    901

    Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.
  32. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.
    i usually train for blood volume anyway. not weight. its true tho-what your saying. at least it works that way for me. plus my arms wont grow unless im putting on weight with the bigger muscle groups (of course) so it seems focussing more on arms to make them grow is useless. they need stimuli, but its best to put more focus on the bigger muscles
  33. Registered User
    SteelEntity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Heavy weight is not the key to building arms. Moderate weight with giant sets and triples have my arms bigger than they've ever been.
    For some heavy weight is needed to build arms. Its all very subjective. What works for you may do **** all for another. I need to lift heavy to get growth out of my arms, I have tried the light weight superset approach and it did nothing. It's funny because high volume did nothing for arms but did wonders for my quads, I was doing like 70 rep sets for quads on the leg press. Its all just ****ed up.
  34. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    For some heavy weight is needed to build arms. Its all very subjective. What works for you may do **** all for another. I need to lift heavy to get growth out of my arms, I have tried the light weight superset approach and it did nothing. It's funny because high volume did nothing for arms but did wonders for my quads, I was doing like 70 rep sets for quads on the leg press. Its all just ****ed up.
    i agree with your last sentence haha
  35. $Money$
    dertynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    319

    me 2....jesus that last sentence the most true thing i have heard about BB'ing to date.
  36. Registered User
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140358

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    ohhhhh da beebab......yea man. Im going to do this:

    1-Im going to train quads with triceps and
    2-Hams with biceps.
    (the compound movement for the larger muscle first)...the more muscle fiber I activate the more growth. Arms grow proportionally, so I need to put on weight and size to get them to grow. I will use my slin 3x per week after each of those workouts and also after my chest workout.

    I think training a lagging part with a large muscle group will help stimulate growth
    Now isn't THIS a familiar philosophy

    Over the past 6 weeks, I've reluctantly been running HST routines. Honestly, I was bored out of my mind until I put the tape on my arms. I gained 1/4 to both arms while dropping about 1-2% bf (I'm guessing by looking in the mirror but I haven't technically gotten the skinfolds redone yet). Supplements include a run of the mill nha stack.

    Anyway, I run 1 warm up set then 2 working sets and just 1 exercise per muscle group per session. If you're not familiar with HST, you perform 3 full body workouts per week... so only 6 working sets per week. Sounds puny but it's fantastic so far.

    In HST, you use the "progressive load" theory with TUT. The progressive load is what makes TUT work. I ran TUT with MaxOT style routines and I got strong but fat without much lean mass gains. Some there is some good reasoning behind TUT but only seems to be under specific circumstances.

    Edit: Now that I think of it, that 1/4 inch just got me to 17 inches so I'm not sure how much weight my advice carries in this department
  37. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Now isn't THIS a familiar philosophy

    Over the past 6 weeks, I've reluctantly been running HST routines. Honestly, I was bored out of my mind until I put the tape on my arms. I gained 1/4 to both arms while dropping about 1-2% bf (I'm guessing by looking in the mirror but I haven't technically gotten the skinfolds redone yet). Supplements include a run of the mill nha stack.

    Anyway, I run 1 warm up set then 2 working sets and just 1 exercise per muscle group per session. If you're not familiar with HST, you perform 3 full body workouts per week... so only 6 working sets per week. Sounds puny but it's fantastic so far.

    In HST, you use the "progressive load" theory with TUT. The progressive load is what makes TUT work. I ran TUT with MaxOT style routines and I got strong but fat without much lean mass gains. Some there is some good reasoning behind TUT but only seems to be under specific circumstances.

    Edit: Now that I think of it, that 1/4 inch just got me to 17 inches so I'm not sure how much weight my advice carries in this department
    hey man. yea familiar they are. BTW everyone, i credit Celc for helping me with training. great advice. it really works. i mean its weird and f'ed up becuase if you just work biceps you will not obtain big biceps necessarily. the body won't want to grow them just make them stronger..... but if you squat, deadlift, bench press, dip and row, in conjunction with some arm work, they will be sure to grow. damn...luckily I've been doing these core movements since the beginning.

    as for HST. I have tried it once. I didnt give it a fair shot. I think I did it for 2-3 weeks. my first go around wasn't too successful. I actually felt like I got smaller. (then again I pudzified the routine and probably over trained). The workouts are much harder than they look. anyway i may give it another go around......

    and celc: nice work with that 1/4 in! doesn't sound like much but for arms thats significant! good work bro
  38. Registered User
    celc5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    140358

    Quote Originally Posted by pudzian2 View Post
    then again I pudzified the routine and probably over trained
    I was doing EXACTLY the same thing when I first started following HST with my own tweaking and such. I started making adjustments by the end of the first week and I reluctantly moved more TOWARD the HST "rules" rather than my own. I'm still not sure that I totally buy all the theories that this philosophy throws at you but I'm happy with how it's helping me break through a plateau body comp wise.

    I have a feeling that it will be more successful the second time around with more lean mass with more sound preparation in terms of gauging each RM more accurately. Weights were a lot lighter for power moves because of a mild work injury in October... in a sense, HST was my rehab program

    I've been tossing around the idea of using HST for lagging body parts in conjunction of more traditional routines for my phera cycle in January
  39. Banned
    pudzian2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,476
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I was doing EXACTLY the same thing when I first started following HST with my own tweaking and such. I started making adjustments by the end of the first week and I reluctantly moved more TOWARD the HST "rules" rather than my own. I'm still not sure that I totally buy all the theories that this philosophy throws at you but I'm happy with how it's helping me break through a plateau body comp wise.

    I have a feeling that it will be more successful the second time around with more lean mass with more sound preparation in terms of gauging each RM more accurately. Weights were a lot lighter for power moves because of a mild work injury in October... in a sense, HST was my rehab program

    I've been tossing around the idea of using HST for lagging body parts in conjunction of more traditional routines for my phera cycle in January
    to me the ideal use of HST could be when we want to avoid over training by all means...such as PCT. I wonder if it will help one maximize gains on gear (if using mentzer's theories to an extent. less training more rest, harder training per workout). I mean i dont see most pros using these methods. The old school style training seems to work best with gear for obvious reasons. beat urself up in the gym.. take recovery drugs.....
  40. Registered User
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    678

    I'm going to start adding an am day to my routine. Now, I just have random ass days when I lift and do random exercises. On weekends, I'm goign to add an arm day, just to see if it helps.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How did you get on with Anabolic designs shredabull?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 06:13 PM
  2. how far did you get naturally
    By UnrealMachine in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 11:33 AM
  3. How did you guys get more test from your doctors?
    By LiveNDie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
  4. How did you get on with universal storm?
    By Icemansoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 10:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in