Deadlift Weight??

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took time off from deads and have recently started them up again. I wanted to know who are some of the heavier deadlifters on this site? Thanks.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
20 yrs old and lifts like that? WoW!!! You bench more than I dead...by a lot!

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm usually deadlifting 450 for 1 solid rep, and sets with weights between 315-405.. Once I get used to a weight, I'll try to max again to see if it went up..

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
20 yrs old and lifts like that? WoW!!! You bench more than I dead...by a lot!

They are high now but when I dont increase for 5 years everyone will catch me haha. My deadlift is an joke It needs to increase A LOT!

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm usually deadlifting 450 for 1 solid rep, and sets with weights between 315-405.. Once I get used to a weight, I'll try to max again to see if it went up..

How much do you weigh?? How about your other lifts how do they match up.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much do you weigh?? How about your other lifts how do they match up.
Right now I'm 203.. My bench is 365 for 2, squat 450.. I've had these numbers since weighing 190, so it's not too impressive.. :D

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
never been a great deadlifter (much beter squatter) and over the last while have concentrated on romanian deadlifts instead, got 367lbs for a single at BW 159lbs, 31 yo. I'm only now getting back onto regular deadlifts 264lbs for 15 reps @ 154lbs BW. Piss poor I know LOL, but will now be moving onto lower reps.

But yeah Rebel, great numbers!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know what I can do know. Last time I was warming up to 550lbs and 500lbs felt like it was stuck to the ground.lol I think my back was overtrained from to many goodmornings and stifflegged deadlifts. I was in the 600 club awhile ago but my back was messed up for awhile. Well actualy it was 595 but why squable about 5lbs heh. I can't squat either because it hurts my elbows.lol I'm falling apart. I can front squat 450lbs though.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I wight about 175-180 and can get 300 up for 1 rep, I workout with about 275 for reps. I been doing deadlifts since April, and I cant squat worth a ****, my deadlift is MUCH more then my squat (Over 100 pounds more) Weird huh? I can do one legged squats (pistols) and dont have a bad leg press, but squat is horrible.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
front squat with 450lbs????????????????? :blink: :eek: man on man!

ZackMurphy

Awards
Seems like you're all in about the same range, proportional to bodyweight.

At 5'11, 165, I dead 315 for 5 reps for a few sets. 10RM is probably around 275. I think thats pretty normal. Not Herculean, not weak.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
5'11 - 241lbs - dead -555lbX2 - Think I could of got 600lb but I wore out. Trying it out again in 2 weeks.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
5'8 200lbs last workout deadlifted 455 for 3 sets of 6,5,5

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
at 248lbs, got 545 for 3. after the holidays, i'm picking them back up again.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I dont know if I deadlift correctly or not, but I do them on a 1ft-raised platform and the bar goes down to where its 1-2 inches above my shoes, i call it a full deadlift; and I workout with 195lbs at 8 reps...

i've never seen another person do deadlifts like these; its always letting the 45s rest on the floor... case in point, i did squats for the first time today in 8 months and was pushing 245 around like it was nothing... before i stopped doing squats a while back, i was doing like 165-175... my deadlifting really worked my legs big time...

not big numbers i know, but its higher reps, and i'm not a big guy

ZackMurphy

Awards
I dont know if I deadlift correctly or not, but I do them on a 1ft-raised platform and the bar goes down to where its 1-2 inches above my shoes, i call it a full deadlift; and I workout with 195lbs at 8 reps...

i've never seen another person do deadlifts like these; its always letting the 45s rest on the floor... case in point, i did squats for the first time today in 8 months and was pushing 245 around like it was nothing... before i stopped doing squats a while back, i was doing like 165-175... my deadlifting really worked my legs big time...
Most decent gyms will have a lifting platform like that. Excellent for deads.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
bouncing off the floor, 575 for 6 :D

White lighted, in gear, 645.

My technique needs a lot of work though... I'm built to pull like a motherfucker, I should be in the 7s

nodgodbod

Awards
I'm feeling very ashamed right now - weight 191, height 5'8, squat 400*20 reps, deadlift 385*8 reps - and worst of all flat bench 250 * 4 reps.
All in good time I suppose :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling very ashamed right now - weight 191, height 5'8, squat 400*20 reps, deadlift 385*8 reps - and worst of all flat bench 250 * 4 reps.
ashamed? hitting 400lbs for 20 reps on squats? if i tried some **** like that, it'd be the end of me. bench is overrated IMO anyway. i'd rather have a squat like yours any day of the week.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
with a belt, I pulled 500 the other day, i just started this cycle, i am prophecying, 580 raw by mar 1, when i hit 600 raw then i'll get in some gear. I want a 1600 raw total before i start competing . touch and go 400 bench will work for me.
5'11 230

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got 396x1 a couple months ago. And was working with sets of 4-6 @320 with the extra ROM technique described above.

At the same time I squatted ~270x1 (245x3) and benched ~200 (184x3)

I was ~180lbs at the time

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
396, eh? just couldn't do 397? what, did you put a sausage link on each side for the extra pound? j/k :)

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Haha.

I'm in the UK, so all weights are in Kg. I actually lifted 180kg.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
6' 245lbs, 505x2

I think I could pull 530ish for a max, havent tried it yet, though.

BV

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
That's puking range there. If I go to 15 reps on anything above 225 my wind starts to fail me. I have a hard time with 10 reps at 405. Slap another two hundred pounds on the bar for a double though and I'm feeling pretty good :D

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
6'0 220lbs -
DLs 325 4 sets 6,5,5,3
SLDLs 275 3 sets 6,6,4

Have never tried 1RMs...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's puking range there. If I go to 15 reps on anything above 225 my wind starts to fail me. I have a hard time with 10 reps at 405. Slap another two hundred pounds on the bar for a double though and I'm feeling pretty good
Yeah, I always like to keep Deadlifts 8 reps and below. Seem to be way more effective that way.

b-boy

Awards
5ft5 currently 213 and hit 585 for 6 reps.... pause and lift no bounce bullshit.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I need to get my form correct. A weight I can get 10x sometimes, others I'll get 3x ...I don't get it .... :(

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i use a belt once i get above 405 just for safety purposes. only takes one wrong movement and i'll be fucked.

bulkmuscle

Awards
i cant use a belt anymore because i find it actualyl fucks up my form

nodgodbod

Awards
5'9 209lbs, 405x4

how many of you guys use a belt?
I use a belt for neither squats nor deadlifts - just make sure my form is ok - my grip fails me on deadlift though at 385 or so - so I may need to get me some wrist straps.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I use a belt for neither squats nor deadlifts - just make sure my form is ok - my grip fails me on deadlift though at 385 or so - so I may need to get me some wrist straps.
do grip work.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
5' 10.5", 196lbs. 540x1 Raw, belt only on Nov. 14, 2004.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
6'0" 220lbs. I usually workout with 405. I consistently hit 11 reps, got 12 reps once. Generally I don't increase the weight (don't know why though :think: ). I did hit 455X5 a couple months back.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Probably because of the rep range and maybe a slight form issue SS.

Chunky

Awards
You guys are strong.
I can only hit 6-7 reps with 335.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I feel so weak seeing how much everybody else deadlifts, at 6'4 and 254lbs, 365X4 is my best and that was about 6 months ago:sad:. I have bad luck with deads (or maybe bad form) as I always seem to hurt myself, and nothing is worse than lower back injuries:frustrate . I also do them like Bean does, on a platform so I get that full ROM.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I feel so weak seeing how much everybody else deadlifts, at 6'4 and 254lbs, 365X4 is my best and that was about 6 months ago:sad:. I have bad luck with deads (or maybe bad form) as I always seem to hurt myself, and nothing is worse than lower back injuries:frustrate . I also do them like Bean does, on a platform so I get that full ROM.
Take a few weeks off, then do heavy deads once a week, and maybe some light ones next week.