Training making me fat?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

  1. I agree with a lot of the above postings... (read: eat, drink, work out, be merry).

    Either way, I'm not one to talk about a 100% diet but some people believe in low carbs & all
    I believe in everything in moderation. Like the 40/30/30 diet & man u are leaner than A LOT of people. Also honestly I don't see how a person can stay fat or become fat if all they ate were slow carbs, chicken breast, veggies, fruits, nuts & drank water.... Unless cals were crazy high...

    Enjoy yourself overall Cheeda and you'll find what works.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    I agree with a lot of the above postings... (read: eat, drink, work out, be merry).

    Either way, I'm not one to talk about a 100% diet but some people believe in low carbs & all
    I believe in everything in moderation. Like the 40/30/30 diet & man u are leaner than A LOT of people. Also honestly I don't see how a person can stay fat or become fat if all they ate were slow carbs, chicken breast, veggies, fruits, nuts & drank water.... Unless cals were crazy high...

    Enjoy yourself overall Cheeda and you'll find what works.
    while lifting 3-5 days a week (depending on time of year) and doing combo of hiit and low intensity cardio.. Idk either.. Feel like we r beating a dead horse now lol. I mean yea my avi is lean as fugg but I am not that right now at all. Don't matter too much anymore lol. "it is what it is"
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    while lifting 3-5 days a week (depending on time of year) and doing combo of hiit and low intensity cardio.. Idk either.. Feel like we r beating a dead horse now lol. I mean yea my avi is lean as fugg but I am not that right now at all. Don't matter too much anymore lol. "it is what it is"
    Have you considered that maybe your body is retaining the calories for a reason? For example, eating well below a healthy deficit will promote weight loss, but also will force your body to store more calories during refeeds and things, this is a survival response. The best way is to reduce calories to something like <500kcals of maintainence and KEEP this throughout a cut (keeping in mind that as you drop mass, you will also have to adjust macro intake in proportion to mass lost so that you maintain a 500kcal deficit).

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

    Have you considered that maybe your body is retaining the calories for a reason? For example, eating well below a healthy deficit will promote weight loss, but also will force your body to store more calories during refeeds and things, this is a survival response. The best way is to reduce calories to something like <500kcals of maintainence and KEEP this throughout a cut (keeping in mind that as you drop mass, you will also have to adjust macro intake in proportion to mass lost so that you maintain a 500kcal deficit).
    Very true.. Upon reflecting, during my most successful cuts, I was eating much more balanced. Also important to note is during off peak season (winter months) I gained about 15 pounds and reduced my cardio and workout intensity.. This year, I only gained about 5 pounds and kept my intensity very high thru the winter.. Hence why my 'cutting techniques' aren't working- more simply- there is no roomto increase intensity or decrease cals! It's all big mindfcuk. If it wasn't summer I'd say f it and be eating much more soundly and reduce my intensity to give my body the needed equilibrium. But at this point I'm in too deep. And will make the best of the summer.. Yes, Its 95% mental and I probably think I'm worse off Than I am, aesthetically.. Idk where I'm going with this lol

  5. Just snapped these quick today.. After one full week of keto- wasn't planning on posting them, were more as a self check- but now just thought it might help everyone see where im at
    Disnt think to do arms. Was flaring lats not flexing mid back.. Front shot is no flex or anything

    Name:  image-1440419071.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  122.8 KB



    Name:  image-1708973231.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  108.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   
       


  6. Bumpdate
    For those interested-

    Carb up on Sunday went great- minor gi issues but nothing unbearable.. Was pretty backed up on the 5th day of keto.. Had a lot of fiber one cereal and Ezekiel flax cereal along with some raisins and bananas. Had a sushi/Chinese dinner (restaurant not takeout) high quality.. Some Briwn rice with the meal and my gf's leftover rolls (4 pieces) with white rice. Woke up with no bloating/no noticeable water retention- had a ton of gym energy. Resumed keto today. Looking Nd feeling pretty good with reduced cardio and abdominal work, faster paced workouts, and removing of heavy dead lifts.. Did single leg BB deads today for reps 12 each leg with 30 seconds rest after both legs were done for 2 sets. Then banged out two sets of 12 or hypers. (as opposed to 5-7 heavy sets of bb deads) I dis front squats in the hack machine last week And liked the feel, will do those again on leg day. About all for now..

  7. New log up and running in sig
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  2. New job is making me have a hard time training
    By madds87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 05:20 AM
  5. Making the change from high to low volume training
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Log in
Log in