madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok Ladies and Gents. Lets see I guess ill give the stats:
weigh:180
Height: 5'8
Novice/Experienced lifter
Fat%: i would say prob 12-14

Ok i have been trying to figure this one out for a while, but just have not seemed to make any sense of it. I have come up with a few ideas but would just like yalls opinion, and if any ideas i would be much appreciative.

I work on a tugboat, at the ports. I work one full week on one full week off. When i work one week on I work 6 hours on and 6 hours off, but i do not leave or go home on the 6 hours off. I have to stay on the tugboat, unless it isnt busy. Which is rare, since imports and exports dont seem to stop coming in.:lol:
Now of coarse on my week off i train. I try to get two a days in to make up for the week lost. The week on when we arent busy i do go to the gym. since its down the road. But that will only be 0-2 times that week.
Now on my 6 hours off i do some pushups and pulls ups. Using a bar in the engine room :p.

Im thinking this is probably the best i can do, but i just feel like im not getting the same kinda workouts i used too, like when i had other jobs and was able to workout everyday if i wanted too. Eating is not a problem for we have our own kitchen.:food: Plus when my six hours on are done and im off work i just want to sleep for my job consists alot of 80lb line handling. Plus if i dont sleep and just stay up on my 6 hours off ill be exhausted working the next 6 hours on.
I hope im making sense im trying my best to explain this.

What do yall think? yall think this will work? You think i will make plenty of gains off of just training one week on one week off? Open for suggestion or questions.
Thank you.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
as far as training on the boat, you could use a weighted backpack for push ups, deads with full gas cans, etc. just gotta be creative when you have to. in a pinch, filling up a milk container with water gives you a decent delt workout, close grip pushups for tri's etc. get creative!

Juiced03

Awards
Pretty much gotta stick with the basics when you can't get the gym...push ups etc...

Can you bring some Dumbells on with you?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
as far as training on the boat, you could use a weighted backpack for push ups, deads with full gas cans, etc. just gotta be creative when you have to. in a pinch, filling up a milk container with water gives you a decent delt workout, close grip pushups for tri's etc. get creative!
I do like the idea with a weighted back pack. But one thing for sure is that i hate having to do so many reps. I cant seem to make myself think im getting something out of doing 50 rep workouts........ Being creative is hard man. Plus its even harder trying to find the heavy weight you want.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much gotta stick with the basics when you can't get the gym...push ups etc...

Can you bring some Dumbells on with you?
I guess i could. Maybe ill have to buy a 60 lb db er something.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
as far as training on the boat, you could use a weighted backpack for push ups,

Holy Shiz... such a simple thing never even came to my mind :think:

Sun with more good advice!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You dont even know. I work at the state capitol on a staff and the session is coming up. Imagine 16 hours days where its about as crazy as Wall St. day trading. No exageration.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
You dont even know. I work at the state capitol on a staff and the session is coming up. Imagine 16 hours days where its about as crazy as Wall St. day trading. No exageration.
Dang doode! well i can relate. Im just glad xmas rush is about to end. So many freeking ships coming in ARGH!!! im about to be like "ba humbug"! ha. But yeah this week was kinda slow i was able to push reeeeaaaaal hard at the two days i got to go to the gym. Other than that working legs i guess im getting plenty of that from climbing ladders 24/7.

satyricon

Awards
hard time training

you could do your heavy low rep lifting on your off week and work those chins and pushups on the boat.if you are getting bored repping out on the chins and stuff you could add weight and do ladders(1rep,rest 10secs,2reps,rest 10secs,3reps etc.)i like to go to 5 rest and start over for a few sets.check out dragondoor forum for some cool ideas too. maybe some high rep body# squats?
example
OFF WEEK DAY 1
squat 5x5/8x2/10x1/or1x20
overhead press5x5/or pyramid#
barbell curl(i like to do DC style)
DAY 2 rest
DAY 3
power cleans 5x3
dips(your preference)
wrestlers bridge
DAY4 rest
DAY 5
deadlift 5x5/5x2/10x1
shrugs
farmers walk or deadlift holds

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
you could do your heavy low rep lifting on your off week and work those chins and pushups on the boat.if you are getting bored repping out on the chins and stuff you could add weight and do ladders(1rep,rest 10secs,2reps,rest 10secs,3reps etc.)i like to go to 5 rest and start over for a few sets.check out dragondoor forum for some cool ideas too. maybe some high rep body# squats?
example
OFF WEEK DAY 1
squat 5x5/8x2/10x1/or1x20
overhead press5x5/or pyramid#
barbell curl(i like to do DC style)
DAY 2 rest
DAY 3
power cleans 5x3
dips(your preference)
wrestlers bridge
DAY4 rest
DAY 5
deadlift 5x5/5x2/10x1
shrugs
farmers walk or deadlift holds
Thats what i was thinking. Farmers walks i get plenty of working though. Nothing on a tugboat is made lite......... It could be the size of my hand and weight about 100 lol. Thanx bro.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were being a smart***. Woops guess not....
Oh i CAN be, but im pretty new to the BB scene so i won't mouth of to most of the guys on here, or ill try not to. :p

No worries :D