MetCon/Standard Training

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Would like to get some feed back on this workout im thinking about starting. Thanks

Monday-Upper Body Training

You will start your training with, following warm ups, two heavy sets for each of these major muscle groups. After completing those ten sets, you will advance to ten more sets of MetCon training.

Chest: Two sets incline dumbbell bench press (8-10 reps)
Back: Two sets deadlifts (6-10 reps)
Shoulder: Two sets Shoulder press (8-10 reps)
Biceps: Two sets barbell curls (8-10 reps)
Triceps: Two sets skull crushers (8-10 reps)

MetCon portion-

One set 20-repetition light weight dumbbell side raises, immediately followed by ten bodyweight pull-ups, 45 seconds pushups on floor, 45 seconds high intensity light weight biceps dumb bell curls, then triceps bench dips until failure. Rest three minutes, then repeat this super set, and you can call it a day! You repeat this rotation twice, which means your training totals 10 sets MetCon training and 20 total training sets.

Wednesday-Lower Body Training

Similar to Mondays training, you will start with a single heavy compound movement for each of the major lower body muscle groups(quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Quadriceps: Three sets barbell squats (6-8 reps)
Hamstrings: Three sets Lying leg curls (8-10 reps)
Calves: Three sets seated calf raises (8-10 reps)

MetCon Portion-

One set 20-rep lightweight squats, immediately followed by light weight dumbbell lunges across gym, one 40 yard dash in parking lot, standing jumps for calves, and then bodyweight squats to failure. You will be completing 19 total sets today (nine using standard heavy compound training, and ten sets from your two MetCon rotations).

Friday- Full Body MetCon Training

Barbell lunges (12 to 25 repetitions)
immediately followed by 2 minutes cable rowing for back, Flat bench press immediately followed by 40 yard dash for speed. Bodyweight chin-ups to failure, immediately followed by standing barbell curls, Standing military press, immediately followed by standing calf jumps. Repeat this cycle three times.

Each week, you will rotate Monday and Wednesday’s training routines. Your first week of training will see upper body
trained on Monday, and lower body trained on Wednesday. Week two will see lower body trained on Monday, and
upper body trained on Wednesday. This pattern will continue for the duration of your training. Friday will remain consistent throughout this time.

Cardio should come first thing in the morning, when you wake up go to the bathroom, then head to the kitchen and grab a water and take a stroll through the neighbor hood. Do not eat before going on your run reason being we want to target the stored body fat not the foods that have just been eaten.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What are you trying to achieve with this program?

Interesting idea, I don't like the application.

First, deadlifts are a lower body exercise. Sub in rows.
Second, there are much better ways to achieve acidosis in the upper body than via side laterals.
Third, there's no hip extension hamstring work in the lower body day. And again, I don't like the way you are attempting to achieve acidosis.

Finally, this statement:
Cardio should come first thing in the morning, when you wake up go to the bathroom, then head to the kitchen and grab a water and take a stroll through the neighbor hood. Do not eat before going on your run reason being we want to target the stored body fat not the foods that have just been eaten.
Is just old school unfounded connect the dots silly rhetoric.

Br

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
well i dont really have anything im trying to achieve at the moment. I didnt make this workout i subscribed to a body building magazine and it was sent in my email by them, so wanted to get some feed back, i assume that it could be tweeked and changed up to better suit. I am gona be starting a ph cycle in the near future and my thought on this workout were mainly that with the heavy lifting and MetCon light weight that maybe this would be a good workout to Bulk and Cut at the same time with proper cardio that is not just a jog around town.