Chiropractic / Musculoskeletal / Joint pain Q & A... - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8

Chiropractic / Musculoskeletal / Joint pain Q & A...

Page 8 of 10 First ... 3678910 Last
  1. New Member
    EarthWormGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Hi i dont know if i can describe this very well, but will have a go

    I currently have a hip issue (on the left side).
    Feel pain when my left leg is raised upwards fast, meaning no jumping or sprinting. Squatting and deadlifting heavyish causes pain.
    Also feel pain when i turn my foot up towards my body (knee facing outwards).

    I regularly do kickboxing, jujitsu and mma so hip mobility is kinda useful to me lol

    I am not exactly sure how i injured myself was either sprinting or kickboxing (probably a combination)

    Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

  2. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Thanks, i'm mostly thinking about when to try and schedule it, based on work and home plans over the next 6 months.
    Sorry it took so long Easy. Recovery will depend on many factors (as you probably guessed). These are:

    1. Onset of instability- If the capsule/joint has been instable for much time and is atraumatic (this is your case, I believe) then more conservative postoperative managment is required.

    2. Severity of associated lesions- Whatever the underlying pathology is (rotator cuff muscle weakness, neuropathy, etc.) the rehab time will depend upon this.

    3. Previous failure of surgery- this doesnt apply to you

    4. Direction of instability- Im not sure how "unstable" your GH joint is. Unless you have had subluxations and dislocations this wont exactly apply to you.

    5. Type of surgical approach- all approaches yield quite similar healing times. Only difference is that arthroscopic is less painful

    6. If electrothermally assisted capsularrhaphy is used, progression will be slower. If bony reconstruction is implemented, recovery will obviously be prolonged.

    7. Patient variables- because you lift, your dynamic stabalizers (the muscles that surround the joint) will be stronger which will be a HUGE contributor to recover and rehab time.

    First 2 Weeks
    Initially you will be "immobilized" with a sling. This will stay on without ANY movement for 1-3 days. After that you will be allowed to temporarily remove the arm from the sling to perform Passive Range of Motion exercises (done by someone else of course) and "Pendulum" exercises. Because you will most likely undergo rotator cuff repair also, rehab interventions will be dictated by your surgeon (such as how much range you can move and how often you can remove the sling). You should recieve a "report" with these directions on it. You may even start exercises as soon as the day after surgery depending on whether the biceps tendon has to be repaired. During the first phase of rehab you will control inflammation (with ice and antiinflammatories), maintain correct posture (with trunk/spine extensions and scaplular retractions), and maintain mobility of structures proximal and distal to the shoulder (wrist/forearm and elbow ROM and scapular ROM). You may progress to self assisted ROM using "wand exercises" at the end of 2 weeks.

    Weeks 3-6
    "Muscle Setting" exercises can be initiated. (These are just isometric contractions of muscles around the shoulder). VERY LIGHT grade band exercises may be initiated for muscles below shoulder level. All band exercises should be open chain to prevent weight bearing on operated structures.

    Weeks 6-12
    Full active Range Of Motion exercises will be performed. Stabalization of the GH joint will be emphasized. Light stretching and grade III joint mobilizations (that do not sacrifice stability) will be performed. "Alternating isometrics" and dynamic resistance exercises with bands and weights for GH stabalizer muscles (rotator cuff and scapular stabalizers) will be started next. Your surgeon should provide info on "anteior" or "posterior" stabalization and what specific movements to avoid- it gets pretty in depth so I'd have to know what the procedure was.

    Weeks 12-16

    You should be "returning to function" at this point. Stretching needs to continue to attain preoperative ROM. (collagen synthesis will continue for 12 months so ROM can be achieved within this time range). Plyometric exercises and actual exercises you do at the gym can be started. 6 months is usually required to regain COMPLETE function.

    So, not a simple endeavor here. But as Doc and I explained, the surgery is the only option that we have available to regain function and eliminate pain. These surgeries, IME, have been overall successful and if you get a good orthopedic surgeon who does these every day you should be in good shape my man. If you have any questions about anything i put in this post, including exercises and terminology, I will be glad to elaborate.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  3. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthWormGym View Post
    Hi i dont know if i can describe this very well, but will have a go

    I currently have a hip issue (on the left side).
    Feel pain when my left leg is raised upwards fast, meaning no jumping or sprinting. Squatting and deadlifting heavyish causes pain.
    Also feel pain when i turn my foot up towards my body (knee facing outwards).

    I regularly do kickboxing, jujitsu and mma so hip mobility is kinda useful to me lol

    I am not exactly sure how i injured myself was either sprinting or kickboxing (probably a combination)

    Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    How old are you bro? How long has this been going on? Where exactly is the pain? Tell me where on the illustration
    Name:  musc_cannulated-hip.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  29.2 KB
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    EarthWormGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    How old are you bro? How long has this been going on? Where exactly is the pain? Tell me where on the illustration
    Im 20, its only been going on for a little over a week. I feel pain in the very top of my leg, seems to be around the socket.

    thanks for your time man
  5. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthWormGym View Post
    Hi i dont know if i can describe this very well, but will have a go

    I currently have a hip issue (on the left side).
    Feel pain when my left leg is raised upwards fast, meaning no jumping or sprinting. Squatting and deadlifting heavyish causes pain.
    Also feel pain when i turn my foot up towards my body (knee facing outwards).

    I regularly do kickboxing, jujitsu and mma so hip mobility is kinda useful to me lol

    I am not exactly sure how i injured myself was either sprinting or kickboxing (probably a combination)

    Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    For ease of this, can you find a skeleton, or some kind of anatomical picture and put and X marks the spot where it hurts? Different people consider many different areas their hip and the hip itself is large with an anterior, posterior and lateral aspect all changing which muscles &/or tendons are involved!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  6. New Member
    EarthWormGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Name:  pelvis.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  29.4 KB
    seems to be around the joint, on the leg side (if that makes sense).
    pain felt in both front and outside of very to of leg depending on which way i move my leg.

    thanks
  7. New Member
    EarthWormGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    Name:  pelvis2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  20.0 KB
    not sure if this image is more useful,

    cheers for your time
  8. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthWormGym View Post
    Name:  pelvis2.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  20.0 KB
    not sure if this image is more useful,

    cheers for your time
    Nice, now we are cooking with Gas, as in now I know where you are talking about! Hmmm, so it just came on suddenly or slowly started to ache? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worse pain you have ever felt in your life) how would you rate the pain? Would you consider the pain sharp, electric like, burning, dull, achey, stiff, sore (you can use more than one adjective to describe your pain)? I've already got the time frame, approx. 1 week. OK, so far, unless you were doing something or experienced a trauma (car accident, fall, blow to the area), I would suspect it is just a sprain/strain of the area. Something like this can take as short as a week or two or as long as 3-6 mos. to heal and feel better, with your age I'm hoping in just a matter of a few weeks. First off, I would start doing contrast baths of heat and ice as often as you can during the day, always heat first and ice after heating, if given the choice, it is always better to just ice if you can't ice after heating. Next, unless it causes sharp or severe pain, it is a good idea to stretch the area as much as possible while heating the area and just let it relax when you are icing, another good thing is compress the ice down, use suran-wrap if necessary, and I would avoid your MMA training and or any lower body weight lifting for at least two weeks and see how you are feeling at that point before deciding to start back at that time. I'm sure my buddy Bezoe will chime in and give you some more helpful advice, tips, & hints, he's a very knowledgable PT, when he speaks, I listen!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  9. New Member
    EarthWormGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    41

    Reputation

    its not too painful, i would only rate it a 4-5. But it instantly removes all strength around the area.
    the pain is sharp, but goes soon afterwards (not as fast as it comes though)

    there was no major trauma/experience. I first noticed it when sprinting (haven't got a great technique) although there was no 'pain' as such, it just felt wrong/discomfort. a few days later after multiple sets of squats, deads and possibly sled work (i can't quite remember), i started to experience a little bit of pain in the same area (but this time the sharp pain i get now).

    i will start icing it, and performing some light stretching.

    Thanks for the advice
  10. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthWormGym View Post
    I will start icing it, and performing some light stretching.

    Thanks for the advice
    No problem, anytime my friend, I would take a week or so off for sure, and while taking the time resting from the gym and MMA, etc. I would be stretching it while you heat it, then end with ice, you can even massage it while icing it (ice-massage) all these things help losen up and stretch out the tendons and ligaments, as well as pumping healing oxygenated blood to the area and then pumping out any edema and inflammation, so all very good, but please make sure you rest it, or you will just continue to irritate the area!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  11. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I would suspect it is just a sprain/strain of the area.
    This exactly

    Follow all the recommendations Doc gave and you should be G2G in due time
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  12. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Just wanted to add that I got these ALL THE TIME when I played baseball in highschool. And Im quite sure it was from sprinting. Pain in the ass. Hip flexor muscle.. the same one in the picture you posted: "illiopsoas"
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  13. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    LOL im in the zone> this "strain" happens in the propulsive phase of gait, that is, when your back (extended) leg that is off the ground begins to forcefully swing forward to complete the next stride. These stretched hip flexor muscles vigorously contract and create "macrotears" within the fibers, usually around the musculotendenous area.

    To help prevent these in the future just be sure to warm up properly and gradually work up to sprinting.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I hope someone may be able to help me with this:
    Quads get sore and tender after my running training and intervals etc
    My glutes get a tad tight but i can't feel my hamstring firing while running

    What could i possibly do to try and help increase the hamstring firing so i get a reduction of hammering to my quads.

    P.S I have sprinters looking quads but smaller hamstrings.
    Such a burden on long distance training

    Thanks
  15. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I hope someone may be able to help me with this:
    Quads get sore and tender after my running training and intervals etc
    My glutes get a tad tight but i can't feel my hamstring firing while running

    What could i possibly do to try and help increase the hamstring firing so i get a reduction of hammering to my quads.

    P.S I have sprinters looking quads but smaller hamstrings.
    Such a burden on long distance training

    Thanks
    Minus personally/physically checking you out and ruling out a possible nerve impingement, I would just based on what you told me, suggest on non-running days to get into a gym and do leg curls for the hamstrings, don't do any extensions, just leg curls and try very hard to make that mind/body connection with your muscle and mentally focus on only using your hamstrings to curl the weight, this will build strength in your lacking hamstrings as well as help you make the mind/body connection so you can control them better and get those buggers firing, like I said, this is the way to do it if there is not a true physical problem causing this lack of firing, which I could only determine if I was able to examine you in person! So I hope this helps you, if you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to post them and I'll always do my best to answer as quickly and as accurately as possible!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

    Minus personally/physically checking you out and ruling out a possible nerve impingement, I would just based on what you told me, suggest on non-running days to get into a gym and do leg curls for the hamstrings, don't do any extensions, just leg curls and try very hard to make that mind/body connection with your muscle and mentally focus on only using your hamstrings to curl the weight, this will build strength in your lacking hamstrings as well as help you make the mind/body connection so you can control them better and get those buggers firing, like I said, this is the way to do it if there is not a true physical problem causing this lack of firing, which I could only determine if I was able to examine you in person! So I hope this helps you, if you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to post them and I'll always do my best to answer as quickly and as accurately as possible!
    What i shall do. Tightness in hip flexors too...yoga to help?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  17. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    What i shall do. Tightness in hip flexors too...yoga to help?
    Good advice from Doc.

    Stretch the hip flexors, strengthen hip extensors (glutes and hamstrings). No need for any extravagant stuff. Perhaps have your gait analyzed during running.. incorrect mechanics can cause issues like you are describing. You mentioned tightness in your back in the other thread, i believe. Improper mechanics can radiate problems all the way up and down the body.

    How long have you been running?
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    1 yr. My 1m time is 5:05
    Will look at doing more hamstring work...curls and deadlifts?inch worms?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  19. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Also, it's my thoracic spine that's the problem and makes my neck tight during my run and pulls my shoulders forward I am fit but tight. I work twice as hard to get same results due to tightness
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  20. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Also, it's my thoracic spine that's the problem and makes my neck tight during my run and pulls my shoulders forward I am fit but tight. I work twice as hard to get same results due to tightness
    I wish I could say something that would help you more, but my honest opinion is, maybe try going and seeing a sports specific Chiropractor in your local area, can definitely help with gait and alignment issues you may be experiencing besides the exercises I suggested and the stretching that Bezoe suggested!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  21. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Thanks mate
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  22. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Thanks mate
    No Problem my friend, that is why I am here to try and give back and help people make the correct decisions regarding their injuries, rehab, etc.
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  23. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    1 yr. My 1m time is 5:05
    Will look at doing more hamstring work...curls and deadlifts?inch worms?
    Curls and stiff leg deads will suffice, yes. If you uploaded a video of a posterior and lateral view of you running on a treadmill, that would help tremendously. We could analyze that and tell you if anything needs to be altered
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  24. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Also, I feel my hip flexors pulling when I lying leg raises...problem?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  25. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Also, I feel my hip flexors pulling when I lying leg raises...problem?
    Well of course hip flexors will pull because they contract to perform that movement.. Not sure what you mean by pulling.Can you get somebody to video you running and embed tthe vid on here?
  26. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,989
    Rep Power
    1838744

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sunday bro.
    Only day I can get someone to video me.
    When I leg raise for lower ab workout, fell it pull in hip flexors/upper quads... After 12-15 they start to really hurt
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  27. New Member
    almerrick1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    71

    Reputation

    Hey, I acutally have the same exact pain and have for about a year now. I can do nearly no weight in my left elbow overhead or skull crushers. But, it doesn't hurt when i do a pull down tri excercise. The pain is almost on the backside of the forearm just below the elbow. It is the muscle that conracts when you move your fingers.

    I have been to the best sports physicians in texas, the doctors who treat the Dallas Cowboys, SA Spurs and all that jazz. They and several other doctors are completely stumped. The only treatment that has worked has been rest...

    Any thoughts doctor?
  28. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by almerrick1 View Post
    Hey, I acutally have the same exact pain and have for about a year now. I can do nearly no weight in my left elbow overhead or skull crushers. But, it doesn't hurt when i do a pull down tri excercise. The pain is almost on the backside of the forearm just below the elbow. It is the muscle that conracts when you move your fingers.

    I have been to the best sports physicians in texas, the doctors who treat the Dallas Cowboys, SA Spurs and all that jazz. They and several other doctors are completely stumped. The only treatment that has worked has been rest...

    Any thoughts doctor?
    I mean my first thoughts are tenonsynovitis of the elbow which can effect any and all muscles attached to the elbow, but usually the ones you are describing in the forearm, but I seriously doubt sports physicians would miss that, I mean it is so simple, seems like after some good x-rays and some good palpation, ROM both passive and resisted, it would be their diagnosis if nothing else serious was found. I mean tendonitis can last for as long as you keep using the joint, it is basically a fancy word for an over-use sprain/strain with a lot inflammation (inflammation is what causes the pain) which takes a long time to heal and cannot do so if you continue to utilize that joint with serious resistance (weight training involving the elbow)!

    BEZOE... Any ideas or thoughts?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  29. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Sunday bro.
    Only day I can get someone to video me.
    When I leg raise for lower ab workout, fell it pull in hip flexors/upper quads... After 12-15 they start to really hurt
    Just make sure you are doing your best to follow this rule R.I.C.E. R=rest, I=ice, C=compression, E=elevation, basic rules of re-hab can never make anything worse, only help, and see about getting us that video and we'll both take a look at it and give our opinion. Also, while you are videoing, if there are any other movements you want to show us that involve that area and make it sore or are hard to do, show us how you are doing them and we'll take a look and see, I mean the more we can see and compare the better!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  30. New Member
    jamo30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    About 3 weeks ago i was at the gym and stretching before my workout. I bent over while standing up to stretch my hamstrings and when I went to stand back up I had some sharp lower back pain. Like an idiot I decided to fight through the pain and finish my workout anyways. I have now had pain in my lower right back that seems to hurt the most when I bend over but pretty much hurts all the time. The pain is really only on the right side of my lower back with little to know pain on the left side. I also get a dull pain in my tailbone region when i sit down for awhile. I have been icing it every night when i come home from work for the past week or so and havent done any physical activity since I injured it but the pain doesnt seem to be getting better. if anything it has gotten a little worse.

    Btw, I am 23 years old, 6'6", about 220 lbs, and I had a stress fracture and a slightly buldging disc in my lower back about 3 years ago.

    Any ideas to what may have happened? and thank you in advance.
  31. Senior Member
    morry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,853
    Rep Power
    15885

    Reputation

    In for the reading.

    Plus Al helped me one day while we were lifting. I was doing heavy military with DB and my back seized in a spot. After Al made me think he was going to break my neck ( what he did by no means hurts me, I was just being a big scared Pu$$y), my back loosened up and I was able to finish my workout.

    Mr magic right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  32. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamo30 View Post
    About 3 weeks ago i was at the gym and stretching before my workout. I bent over while standing up to stretch my hamstrings and when I went to stand back up I had some sharp lower back pain. Like an idiot I decided to fight through the pain and finish my workout anyways. I have now had pain in my lower right back that seems to hurt the most when I bend over but pretty much hurts all the time. The pain is really only on the right side of my lower back with little to know pain on the left side. I also get a dull pain in my tailbone region when i sit down for awhile. I have been icing it every night when i come home from work for the past week or so and havent done any physical activity since I injured it but the pain doesnt seem to be getting better. if anything it has gotten a little worse.

    Btw, I am 23 years old, 6'6", about 220 lbs, and I had a stress fracture and a slightly buldging disc in my lower back about 3 years ago.

    Any ideas to what may have happened? and thank you in advance.
    I honestly would be afraid to make any real recommendations for you without first advising you to get x-rays and go in for a formal medical or chiropractic examination based on your past history! I mean it could be a re-injury, it could just be a pre-disposed area of weakness, it could be muscle related, way too many things, I mean you might be prone to stress fractures and have another one, not trying to scare you, just make you aware why I am being extremely cautious in making any recommendations online when I can't actually see an x-ray and perform orthopedic tests and give you a full and accurate evaluation, I hope you understand! Now after getting a professional evaluation if you want advice from there based on what he/she (professional) is telling you, I will be more than happy to add my two cents in then, by all means I want to help you, but the last thing I want to do is hurt you or slow down your healing process with mis-information considering I can't see you in person! Good Luck Bro, I'm here for you if you have any further questions!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  33. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    In for the reading.

    Plus Al helped me one day while we were lifting. I was doing heavy military with DB and my back seized in a spot. After Al made me think he was going to break my neck ( what he did by no means hurts me, I was just being a big scared Pu$$y), my back loosened up and I was able to finish my workout.

    Mr magic right there!
    If we could have had a video of the expression on his face and how big his eyes got when I performed the adjustment on him... "PRICELESS!!!" Glad to be of service my friend!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  34. Senior Member
    morry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,853
    Rep Power
    15885

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

    If we could have had a video of the expression on his face and how big his eyes got when I performed the adjustment on him... "PRICELESS!!!" Glad to be of service my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  35. New Member
    jamo30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I honestly would be afraid to make any real recommendations for you without first advising you to get x-rays and go in for a formal medical or chiropractic examination based on your past history! I mean it could be a re-injury, it could just be a pre-disposed area of weakness, it could be muscle related, way too many things, I mean you might be prone to stress fractures and have another one, not trying to scare you, just make you aware why I am being extremely cautious in making any recommendations online when I can't actually see an x-ray and perform orthopedic tests and give you a full and accurate evaluation, I hope you understand! Now after getting a professional evaluation if you want advice from there based on what he/she (professional) is telling you, I will be more than happy to add my two cents in then, by all means I want to help you, but the last thing I want to do is hurt you or slow down your healing process with mis-information considering I can't see you in person! Good Luck Bro, I'm here for you if you have any further questions!
    I fully understand what you're saying. Everyone keeps telling me to go to see a doctor and I know thats what I need to do, I just keep putting it off hoping it will get better on its own. If I do decide to get an xray and something is wrong then i will def come back here for advice. thank you for your input!
  36. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110762

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jamo30 View Post
    I fully understand what you're saying. Everyone keeps telling me to go to see a doctor and I know thats what I need to do, I just keep putting it off hoping it will get better on its own. If I do decide to get an xray and something is wrong then i will def come back here for advice. thank you for your input!
    I will say this much, if it is still hurting after 4 weeks, chances are it is not something that is just going to magically go away on its own, I mean if it was just a mild this, that or the other or muscle related, it would probably have already started feeling much better by now, be safe and go get it checked out my friend!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  37. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I mean my first thoughts are tenonsynovitis of the elbow which can effect any and all muscles attached to the elbow, but usually the ones you are describing in the forearm, but I seriously doubt sports physicians would miss that, I mean it is so simple, seems like after some good x-rays and some good palpation, ROM both passive and resisted, it would be their diagnosis if nothing else serious was found. I mean tendonitis can last for as long as you keep using the joint, it is basically a fancy word for an over-use sprain/strain with a lot inflammation (inflammation is what causes the pain) which takes a long time to heal and cannot do so if you continue to utilize that joint with serious resistance (weight training involving the elbow)!

    BEZOE... Any ideas or thoughts?
    Yea sounds like medial or lateral epicondylitis.. depending on which side of elbow it is. RICE like you said doc, and some stretching will do the trick. If he can get a TENS unit, that may also help
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  38. New Member
    p.c.t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    hi guys i have a problem with the acromion..
    i did a bench press and the day after i felt something in my right shoulder.
    i search it and i realize that is the acromion..this happened 2 months ago and the problem is still here! im taking glucosamine,chondroitine and msm,vit d (and lot of calsium from my diet)..
    i put on my shoulder counterpain,voltaren and biofreeze.
    there is any idea what else i will have to do?
    i m 23 yo and weightlifting for about 7 years. thanks!!!
  39. New Member
    p.c.t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    anyone? some help i just wanted to ad that just i ordered cissus maybe it will help..
  40. New Member
    quigley's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Hi Dr Scotty

    I have shin splints I think, pain in the lower medial tibia on the right leg. My left heel hurts constantly. Both these injuries came on about a month ago when i was a few weeks into a running program. I love running, but I just can't now as these injuries kill me. Do you think I should see a chiro or physio first? Or is there something I can do at home to address these problems?

    Also, my girlfriend was in a car crash a few years ago, she never thought it did her any harm but i've noticed the vertebrae at the back of the neck where it joins to the torso protrudes more than is usual, and it gives her a mild kyphosis like situation where she has bad posture and her neck juts forward a bit. Can a chiro address this? She also gets frequent back pain and headaches, and another thing ive noticed whilst running together is her right foot supinates (i think thats the right term) when walking/running, as in it turns outward alot through the process of locomotion. The left foot does not. Whats going on there?

    Thanks for any advice. I almost done with my bachelor in medical science so i appreciate the limits on any clinical advice you can give with limited information over the net but any direction/advice is awesome

    thanks,
    nate
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. b12 and joint pain
    By Mad_Scientist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
  2. Joint Pain
    By wesb2387 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 12:57 PM
  3. Joint pain E2?
    By rfish1966 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. GVT and Joint Pain
    By ironviking in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in