Musculoskeletal benefits from Test?

mikeblasting

Awards
I've heard endless stories about guys with back pain or joint pain becoming pain-free for years after a cycle with deca as a component. So there is no doubt that deca has these benefits.

Since I got over 200 pounds (about 1 year ago), I've developed a slight discomfort in my upper-middle back (around the romboids). I'm about to do a testosterone enanthate only cycle (@ 500mg / week), can I expect any similar benefits from the testosterone? I've heard that it can heal injuries, etc.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It can help heal injuries within the muscle tissue becaue it repairs itself quicker. Test will not help as far as I know heal joint problems. Deca is known for being soothing on the joints but I don't know how much this "repairs" joint problems though. To answer you question though I would not expect any benefit from test on the back pain you described.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Actually you wouldn't really feel that much from deca.. the "healing" powers of deca are blown way out of proportion IMO

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Testosterone in lower dosages (to about 250mg per week IIRC) will help heal tendons.

Past that point though the benefits diminish and eventually at higher doses (like 400+ per week) it begins to actually decrease collagen synthesis rather than increase it. So in fact, Testosterone at the doses typical for a cycle will be more likely to indirectly CAUSE tendon damage than to heal it. On a typical cycle of Test alone, you will heal tendons and joints slower than you would if you weren't oncycle at all.

If tendons and joints are a major concern, cycle design should use Deca or EQ as your primary high dose AAS, and combine that with a replacement dose of Test. So for example 600mg/week of Deca or EQ + 200mg/week of Test.

Alternately if you have access to Primo, you can ignroe the Test completely and just go with a Primo only cycle. Although in order to get decent gains from Primo you'll need a fairly high dose. Plus Primo doesn't increase collagen synthesis as much as Deca or EQ.