shoulders lacking development

dcf143

Awards
was out of the gym for awhile. alot actually, 6 months.

been back the past 1 1/2 months and my shoulders seem to be lacking development.

when i started lifting 1 1/2 years ago my shoulders were the first to grow and my most defined part, now there lacking catching up with everything else.

any thoughts?

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Oh I have thoughts but don't know which to put without knowing what your routine looks like...

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
back to same old rountine>

switch it up, ya think?
Always switch it up.

I see you are almost as tall as me so you could probably do what I do. Try "pre-exhausting" all the heads, or just the side delts with DB raises before hitting the mass building exercises aka DB/BB presses. Also you could try doing presses, and immediately after your presses, have a DB sitting next to you, and hit your side delts with lateral raises, then rest. A good combo in the past for me was super-setting military presses w/ DB lateral raises, and Upright rows w/ rear delts ( DB bent over raises).

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Always switch it up.

I see you are almost as tall as me so you could probably do what I do. Try "pre-exhausting" all the heads, or just the side delts with DB raises before hitting the mass building exercises aka DB/BB presses. Also you could try doing presses, and immediately after your presses, have a DB sitting next to you, and hit your side delts with lateral raises, then rest. A good combo in the past for me was super-setting military presses w/ DB lateral raises, and Upright rows w/ rear delts ( DB bent over raises).
yeah I do a lot of these - usually reverse order by using the isolation move to pre-exhaust followed by the compound movement.

You can also use a variation in reps: 12/12, 12/8, 10/10, 10/6 . . you get the idea.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i would say just work out bro...youve only been at it for 6 weeks...how much growth are you expecting?

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
If I were you I'd buy Larry Scott's book, Loaded Guns. Great book full of secrets/tips. You don't see this kind of info anywhere. He packed on some serious size on his delts! It's quite something to see what he did with his physique. He also has a dvd showing all the exercises and how he or Vince Gironda came up with them. He also got some great tips from a BB by the name of Lou Degni. I don't have the dvd, been wanting it for yrs. now.

Here's one of my all time fav pics. of Scott. There's another one showing his delts but I can't locate it right now. Guy was amazing!

He did use Dbol and some Winni
Also, he had long muscle bellies in the biceps. That was one thing he was blessed with. But one thing for sure, he worked his ass off!!

Attachments