Mentabolan

DiEsEL g33k

DiEsEL g33k

Awards
What do you guys think about this ne PH???? Looks promising.

Mentabolan - MENTdione

Nomenclature:
7a-methyl-estra-4-en-3,17-dione

Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio:
960 : 165 - 510 vs testosterone by oral administration [1]

Synonyms:
7a-methyl-19-norandrostenedione, Mentabolan, MENT dione, Trestione.

History:
This is a brand new prohormone from PHF/IBE, never seen before on the prohormone or pharmaceutical market. It was synthesized and tested for anabolic and androgenic activity in rats in 1963 [1].

Function:
This is a prohormone to the black-market bodybuilding steroid and experimental contraceptive Trestolone, aka MENT. It's been described on some internet forums as "MENT dione", however since MENT is short for 7a-Methyl 19-Nor-Testosterone, this compound could more accurately be described as 7a-Methyl-19-Nor-Androstenedione, and given an acronym of it's own like MENAD or MENORAD.

Structure:
This prohormone is a "19-nor", or nandrolone derivative, and differs from nandrolone in that this hormone has a 17-ketone, where nandrolone has a 17b-hydroxy function, and also has the addition of a 7a-methyl group. In the same way as "Boladrol" is a 7a-methylated dione version of methyl testosterone, this compound is a 7a-methylated dione version of nandrolone. Please don't confuse this compound (or the target steroid) with the widely-feared mibolerone, a.k.a. "cheque drops", which is a 17a-methylated version of trestolone (or dimethylated nandrolone).

Effects:
Effects should be similar to the injectable trestolone acetate. It's a strongly anabolic, moderately androgenic compound which should elicit significant strength gains and increased accumulation of muscle mass at an appropriate dosage.

Side Effects:
Side-effects may include those common to anabolic androgenic steroids, including but not limited to: blood pressure increases, HPTA disruption, adverse shifts in lipoprotein subfractions (increased HDL, lowered LDL cholesterol), acne, hair growth or loss. This product should not be used by women or teens. There's evidence that MENT aromatizes to some degree [2], so the gyno-prone may wish to either avoid this compound or co-administer an aromatase inhibitor (AI) or selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).

One side-effect that many might fear from this compound is the loss of libido and/or erectile dysfunction often seen with 19-nor derivatives (known colloquially as "deca-dick"). On the contrary, tests conducted with the target hormone trestolone (MENT) have found that it had a positive mood, libido, and erection-stimulating effect similar to that of testosterone [3], though this may not necessarily hold true with the supraphysiological doses used by bodybuilders.

Metabolism and Bioavailability:
As mentioned, this is a "dione" prohormone. In the body the ketone at C17 will be hydrolysed by 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17b-HSD1) into the active compound trestolone (MENT). Trestolone itself has been shown to be roughly 6 times as anabolic as methyl test by oral administration, and around 2.5 times as androgenic [4].

Unlike steroids like testosterone and DHT, trestolone shows no affinity for SHBG [5], so all of the converted compound in circulation should be bioavailable. For the same reason, it's likely to have a short terminal half-life so frequent dosing is suggested.

As most will know, testosterone and similar delta-4 steroids are typically converted to stronger compounds like DHT and DHT derivatives by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5AR). 19-nor compounds are an exception to this rule, with 5a-reduced nandrolone (or 19-nor DHT) being a far less potent androgen than nandrolone itself [6]. The 7a-methylation of trestolone (and by extension mentabolan) hinders the reduction of this double bond, so delta 5(10) isomers are a major excreted metabolite [7]. This means that the 7a-methyl group not only makes the compound stronger by increasing androgen receptor affinity [8], but also reduces the ability of the body's enzymes to break it down into weaker metabolites.

The addition of the 7a-methyl group has a flattening effect on the molecule which improves androgen receptor binding [8]. MENT is a strong compound for several reasons (including as previously discussed steric hindrance to 5a-reduction, and an inability to bind with SHBG), but the primary reason for its strength is the increased androgen receptor affinity caused by the conformational changes of the 7a-methyl group [9]. The same will be true of the prohormone to MENT; Mentabolan.

References:
[1] Steroids 1, 299 (1963)
[2] J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994 Feb;48(2-3):297-304.
[3] J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Oct;84(10):3556-62.
[4] Acta Endocrinologica, Vol 43, Issue 3, 399-411
[5] J Androl. 1997 Jul-Aug;18(4):352-8.
[6] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 53, Issues 1-6, 1995, 253-257
[7] Recent advances in doping analysis (12). Sport und Buch Strauß, Köln (2004) 261-268
[8] Steroids. 2009 Feb;74(2):172-97.
[9] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 71, Issues 5-6, 1999, 213-222

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If it really behaves like injectible tren, its gonna be a hit, especially if it can be ran for about 6 weeks.

ManBeast

DiEsEL g33k

DiEsEL g33k

Awards
Does it like it going to based on what you see?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Eh, unless you can actually see what it converts to and at what percentages in the body, its impossible to guess to be honest. I mean, look at the PH for dbol, it converts into both dbol and boldenone...

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well, it isn't 17aa methylated, so that's a plus when it comes to liver toxicity, but it might be a minus when it comes to price/perfomance LoL.

ManBeast

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uhn yeah especially as MENTS half life is insanely short like 2-3 hours and that's IM
!!!!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uhn yeah especially as MENTS half life is insanely short like 2-3 hours and that's IM
!!!!!!
So then how would be able to keep blood levels saturated with this oral version?. I have no clue but I would guess that something that has a half life of 2-3 hours IM is going to have a much shorter half life orally. Is this correct?. If so than how much shorter would it be and would it really be worth it if you had to take a pill every hour on the hour. Obviously then it wouldn't last though the night. I don't know I'm just guessing. I am somewhat interested in this, but there really is very little information on this product that I can find. I need answers and information to make an informed decision. Otherwise it is reckless to even consider use.

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
So then how would be able to keep blood levels saturated with this oral version?. I have no clue but I would guess that something that has a half life of 2-3 hours IM is going to have a much shorter half life orally. Is this correct?. If so than how much shorter would it be and would it really be worth it if you had to take a pill every hour on the hour. Obviously then it wouldn't last though the night. I don't know I'm just guessing. I am somewhat interested in this, but there really is very little information on this product that I can find. I need answers and information to make an informed decision. Otherwise it is reckless to even consider use.
Just for discussion's sake, I am not sure your theory holds water, so to speak. First, what do you know about keeping blood levels even 24 hours a day? There is a very good argument for pulsing, or taking a day's oral dose at once. People swear they get better gains and this would make sense if splitting up your doses did not allow any of them to reach a threshold that would cause a powerful action reaction. So a lot of people do Dbol at 50 mgs but it is only active for 4 hours. Their are 24 in a day, just to make things clear. To prove another point I give you the example of a narcotic pain pill. Say I was prescribed an hydromorphone pill and I was in so much pain I crushed it up and mainlined it. Do you think it would last longer in my system than if I took it orally? It would not even be close. I know we are talking about different medications but I wanted to use an extreme example to prove a point. I don't think Mentabolan will have to be taken 24x/day, to be effective. I don't think it would help at all. But maybe try it and do a log. You can get one of those watches with an alarm on the hour. Sleep well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just for discussion's sake, I am not sure your theory holds water, so to speak. First, what do you know about keeping blood levels even 24 hours a day? There is a very good argument for pulsing, or taking a day's oral dose at once. People swear they get better gains and this would make sense if splitting up your doses did not allow any of them to reach a threshold that would cause a powerful action reaction. So a lot of people do Dbol at 50 mgs but it is only active for 4 hours. Their are 24 in a day, just to make things clear. To prove another point I give you the example of a narcotic pain pill. Say I was prescribed an hydromorphone pill and I was in so much pain I crushed it up and mainlined it. Do you think it would last longer in my system than if I took it orally? It would not even be close. I know we are talking about different medications but I wanted to use an extreme example to prove a point. I don't think Mentabolan will have to be taken 24x/day, to be effective. I don't think it would help at all. But maybe try it and do a log. You can get one of those watches with an alarm on the hour. Sleep well.

There is not enough useful information yet on this product for me to even consider using it. I'm waiting to see what happens with it and waiting to see blood work. I don't have any theories, just guesses at this point.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
All the evidence for pulsing is anecdotal at this point...

ManBeast

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HeavierPlease Anabolics 45
Cycle Logs 10
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 5
Bengal Anabolics 7