On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
The Stats:

24 years old
6'3"
262 lbs (somewhere between 15 and 20% bf)
My size 36 waist pants are getting quite snug, which means it is cutting time.

Bench: 335
Dead: 505
Squat: 455

Additional background:

4 years lifting, lately have made good gains with DC and a modified westside template. 1 previous cycle on epistane 20/30/30/40, 1 year ago. Weight from 226->252 (dirty bulk, coming off a cut)

I ran a formestane TD bridge and had some minor gyno issues, ran a standalone cycle of nolva to clear it up (successful). I had 2 injuries this past year, a sports hernia and a strained ab that cost me 2 months of training. I've been smashing it in the gym the past 2 months with some of my best natural gains, but I've finally started to plateau. TIME FOR A CYCLE. My supp cabinet has been so underutilized lately.

The Goal:

Make these size 36 pants loose. It's a cut, but nothing too extreme. I don't function well trying to lose more than 2 lbs a week. Just gonna clean up my diet and add in cardio and walks, which I don't really do now. Activity and food of note will be logged here.

The Cycle:

CEL HD-50 - Halodrol. The base. Main driver of body recomp effects for the cycle. Converts to Turinabol at about 5% of dose. Ramping up to 75/75/75/75/75

Grapefruit Juice
- Inhibits CYP450 - should keep the active form around longer and let more of the Halodrol be converted to

P-liver, CEL Cycle Assist - To control liver function and blood pressure, in the case of Cycle Assist

Forskolin - cAMP stimulator, have some on hand. Helps liberate fat. Will try to run in 2 week cycles, have heard resistance occurs. Week 1 and 2, then maybe again 5-6.

Carnitine
- Increases androgen receptor density (probably not needed towards the end of cycles) ~1g doses a few times a day

EGCG (Green Tea Extract) - Increases metabolism, appears to bias towards fat loss. 1.5g/day

Raspberry Ketones - Non-Stimulant Thermogenic...Maybe. Will be thrown into shakes occasionally: 200-400mg when I remember

Resveratrol - I'm dumping a pill of Resveratrol in a bottle of water. I'm going to try to do a minor hit of buccal resveratrol throughout the cycle to keep my HPTA high.

Yellow Gold
- Glut4 translocator increased carb uptake into muscle. Dosed ~1g around major carb meals and cheat days.

Taurine: In case of back pumps (increased blood volume straining kidneys physically).

Staples:

Vitamin D - 2000IU
Fish Oil - 5-10 caps/day
Multivitamin - occasionally to stave off deficiency
Zinc picolinate - 1 pill/day at night
Only minor use of creatine for this cycle. ~3g postworkouts

I have various protein supps.

The Training:

Walks on my lunch break at work for low impact cardio
3 lifting days - full template to be laid out later. Inspired by EDT by Charles Staley. 5/3/1 for heavy lifts -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112382761
2 HIIT days - elliptical, maybe some p90x vids if I feel like it.
Weekends "off"

The PCT:

Nolva (I didn't like Torem) 40/20/10/10
Lean Extreme Dosed as per bottle starting after 2 weeks
PCT Assist dosed as per bottle
Fenugreek on hand for libido
Taurine to combat nolvadex hepatotoxicity

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Grapefruit rationale: The relevance of this publication for chemical athletes is that certain oral anabolic steroids are also broken down by CYP3A4. In the mid nineties doping hunter Wilhelm Schaenzer published a study on beta-hydroxylation of testosterone, boldenon, methyltestosterone, halotestin, dianabol and turinabol, which had been administered orally to the test subjects.

Schaenzer examined the metabolites in the urine of his human test subjects. He discovered that the 6beta-hydroxylation of boldenone, testosterone and methyltestosterone was negligible, but was important for the breakdown of turinabol, dianabol and halotestin. Between 17 and 46 percent of these hormones leave the body in the 6beta-hydroxylated form.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Supplements: Nothing noted yet. Grapefruit juice not here yet. Ate clean (turkey and lentils, omelet, protein supplements, some cheese)

Took a 30min walk at lunch

Bench Day

5/3/1 Week 1 - 5 @ 260, 275, 290

EDT PR ZONE - 15 minutes - sets of 5, alternating exercise

BB Bench 225 - 35 reps
BB Row 185 - 38 reps

EDT PR ZONE - 12 minutes

BB curl - 90lbs - 33
CGBP -205lbs- 24

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Supplements: Nothing noted yet. Maybe a pick-me up from the quercetin absorbing through the mouth lining with the resveratrol? Grapefruit juice not here yet. Ate clean (chicken and sweet potato, banana, omelet, protein supplements, some cheese)

Took a 35min walk at lunch

Military Press Day

5/3/1 Week 1 - 5 @ 180, 190, 200 (failed to lock the last one out in strict form, No carbs preworkout was a killer)

30 minutes HIIT - 323 calories burnt on elliptical. Yes, I'm awful at cardio for now. I thought maybe I felt some...UNNATURAL endurance in the middle, which I'm not used to. Running out to get my grapefruit juice and bumping the halo dose to 75mg soon.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
While I'm at work, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share what I was doing before on a natural bulk, which was one of the most effective periods of my training career.

Preworkout Mix: 50g Protein, 70g WMS, 5g glycerol, 32oz water (yea, thin), 100mg caffeine, 1 geranium extract pill, ~3g AAKG (stims optional, I don't use AAKG unless I'm trying to counter the vasoconstriction). I can't recommend glycerol enough. It's cheap and with adequate hydration gives pumps in excess of anything I've used. Maybe even epistane.

Training Scheme:
Heavy days: 4+ Reps, 3-4 sets
Volume days: 10+ reps, 3-4 sets
Progression via loading increase on each success

Each day includes a non-metabolic work giant set: biceps, triceps, calves, and abs
done back to back to back to back

MON: Heavy Chest + Back
BB Bench Press
Vertical pull
DB press (incline)
Deadlifts
NMWS

TUES: Volume Legs + Shoulders
Military press variant
Squats
Lunges/SLDL
Heavy shrugs/rhomboid press
NMWS

WEDS: REST/RECOVER/STRETCH

THURS: Light Chest + Back
Press (Incline or HS)
Pendlay Row
Press
Deads (Can sub cleans)
NMWS

FRI: Heavy Legs + Shoulders
Military press variant
Squats
Lunges/SLDL/Good Mornings
Front Raise/Vert rows/Vertical Pull
NMWS

Post Workout: 32oz chocolate milk + 5g creatine. It was so simple. Milk is high in carbs and quality protein, fast and slow absorbing, and is one of the most insulogenic foods available. If you aren't LI, try this for a while. It's cheap and delicious, too!

rush808

rush808

Awards
Sub'd

for a guy ur size isn't the dosing kinda low?

I'm gonna start my Hdrol next wk, & was gonna do 50/75/75/75/75...

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd
for a guy ur size isn't the dosing kinda low?
Maybe - I have a few bottles of Epi to stack with it if desired, and I could always throw a low dose superdrol or more halo on top the last 3 weeks depending on how I react. Halodrol inhibits SHBG significantly, so it should stack very well. I also tend to think that people taking very high doses (I've seen halo up to 225mg :squint:) are at some level of receptor saturation. I'm taking L-carnitine L-tartrate to try and bump that up.

The other factor is the grapefruit juice - We know that it will provide some bump (17-46% bump on a 75mg dose is equivalent to 90-110mg without CYP450 enzyme group inhibition) to the active (Turinabol) metabolite. However, with a prohormone, the effect may be doubly potent, since the original compound:

1. Likely has some anabolic/androgenic effects given mg for mg halodrol experiences

2. Sticks around longer to convert into the more potent Turinabol form.

The decision will be made around week 3 based on shutdown level, sides, and gains. I'm fine with running a mild cycle for a cut, and saving the really intense stuff for a bulker.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Took another walk at lunch

Day 3 - Squats

Took 100mg caffeine, ~40g protein, some glycerol before the gym. Also held my resveratrol quercetin mix in my mouth for about 5 minutes. Seemed to pick me up well after a nap....could be something to that!

Hit depth well on all of these. Hips below knees.

5 @ 305
5 @ 325
7@ 355

EDT PR ZONE 1 -15 minutes, sets of 5

Smith squats @ 315 - 35
Ham curl at 170 - 35

EDT PR ZONE 2 - 12 minutes, sets of 5
Smith machine shrugs - 30 @ 405 - did these with a prone grip, diggin em.
Smith machine explosive calves @ 405 - Wow, I like these a lot. Something with the positioning of the feet, or thinking of jumping or something makes them really seem effective
Serratus sit up w/ 35lb dbs sets of 10, 60 total - http://www.straighttothebar.com/2006/10/serratus_crunch.html

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
~6oz daily in the morning to start. The inhibition effect appears to build up in the body - 33% is retained after 24 hours, so after a few days I should be fully inhibited 24/7.

EDIT: Looked into this, the effect is intestinal, so take the juice WITH the drug. "The interaction caused by grapefruit compounds lasts for up to 24 hours and its effect is the greatest when the juice is ingested with the drug or up to 4 hours before the drug. [15]"

Suggestions for stackers w/ Halo I'm also open to.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Turns out quercetin inhibits those same enzymes - I'll need to be careful.

"Quercetin is also a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4[30] and CYP2C9[31], which are enzymes that break down most drugs in the body. As such, quercetin would be expected to increase serum levels, and therefore effects, of drugs metabolized by this enzyme."

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

EDT PR Zone
Military Press -51 reps @ 155
Lat pulldown - 44 reps @ 190

20 minutes of HIIT - 200 cal burned. Wasn't nearly out of breath enough.

Clearly getting some effects from the halo now - boys are a little high and tight, had some minor back pumpage during squats. Feels like BP is elevated. Didn't really even get out of breath for cardio - and I was trying to push it. Maybe the elliptical just sucks.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Bumped to 75mg w/ grapefruit. Definitely a testicular difference. Not sure what that says, I don't really feel shut down, maybe a little lethargic. For all the talk of Halo being mild, I felt better on Epi. That was a bulk though, so who knows???I'm gonna smash stimulants in week 2 to hit the heavier weights.

Deadlifts

5 @ 375
4 @ 405
3 @ 425

Should have been 5 straight across. 2nd consecutive deadlift day I've missed weights badly. I took a nap before the gym without a substantial solid food meal (awful choice) My lower back got beat up by my previous training program. Not sure what my approach is going to be to fix this. I should have backed off before this.

It will be time to ****ing sack up and kick the **** out of the weights in week 2. A helpful mantra: "I did NOT take steroids to be a bitch"

EDT 1

Deads 30 @275
Dragon flag abs - 60

EDT 2
Seated curls - 30 @ 50
dips - 48 @ BW

BW - 261 (-1lb)

SOUTHCAR27

SOUTHCAR27

Awards
Would the grapefruit juice have an effect on EPI? I also like the chocolate milk idea. Good Luck

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Looking at the structures, I'm not sure - it can't hurt. I think that Epi should be taken with fats to increase absorption, though that's mostly broscience speculation at this point.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Did some stretching/Yoga style stuff. Nothing Major.

Day 7

Tabata snatch/clean + Jerk/front squat @110

What a destruction - left me panting on the floor. Love/Hate Tabata!

Feeling pretty good, maybe a little more alpha/aggressive than usual. Waist size doesn't seem to be smaller, but I feel like I look leaner in the mirror. Marathon, not a sprint.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Squats (full depth)
3 @ 325
3 @ 355
6 @ 385

EDT session 1
Smith Squats @ 315 20 -> switched to -> squat press @ 460 -> 25
ham curl 45 @ 170

EDT session 2
mini bb curl @ 100 45
Smith CGBP @235 25 -> 225 - 15 reps

Huge back pumps today, decent strength gains. Gonna take a bunch of taurine.

Don't feel too many other negative sides. Gonna keep dosing this buccal resveratrol as Sustain Alpha - 5 on, 2 off. with any luck it will keep the shutdown from progressing.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Did some stretching/Yoga style stuff. Nothing Major.

Day 7

Tabata snatch/clean + Jerk/front squat @110

What a destruction - left me panting on the floor. Love/Hate Tabata!

Feeling pretty good, maybe a little more alpha/aggressive than usual. Waist size doesn't seem to be smaller, but I feel like I look leaner in the mirror. Marathon, not a sprint.
Tabata is no joke man. Keep on killing it. I'll be hitting the H-Drol here soon to finish off my cut as well.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Tried something a little different with my cardio - did tabata style but full body exertion cycling through motions.

Not sure I liked it, but I was hypocaloric as **** today.

Interesting note on Hdrol/Resv - I can noticeably modulate my shutdown based on doses of these. This leads me to a few general points:

1. The halflife on Halodrol is really, really short.
2. Buccal ResV works really, really well compared to oral delivery (factor of 200+)
3. The grapefruit and quercetin I'm picking up from the ResV (via cycle assist pill) is not noticeably inhibiting steroid deactivation in vivo. Note that we wouldn't expect the grapefruit to, as it is shown now to be a primarily gastrointestinal effect.

Interesting post: "The hypothalamus reacts to this increase in testosterone by decreasing Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) secretion. GnRH stimulates production of lutenizing hormone (LH) which is responsible for testosterone production in males (estrogen in females), and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) is responsible for stimulating spermatogenesis in males (ovulation in females). A good portion of your GnRH and subsequently testosterone (85% or more) is produced while you sleep, with test levels spiking shortly before you wake up. This partially explains mornin wood. (You can take advantage of this if you use test suspension or dbol, as both have a very short halflife. Take a 5-10 mg of dbol in the morning upon waking and it should be out of your system by nightfall. This means that most GnRH production will continue as usual. During the day, that small 15% or so is replaced by dbol or suspension which, and you're still comin off the test spike produced early in the morning upon waking... so you've high androgen levels both day and night). "

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Bench Day

3 @ 275
3 @ 290
3 @ 305 <-- hit the pins on the way up on a rep, cost me a bonus

No unnatural strength gains yet.

EDT 1
BB Bench 205 - 55 reps
BB row 205 - 50 reps

EDT 2
Machine Shrugs @ 315
Donkey calf raise @ 400

Didn't record reps on these, but worked continuously...as my training partner observed, these exercises just aren't very metabolic in nature due to the short ass range of motion.

I definitely appear to be cutting up some in the mirror. Thinking I need a higher dose of hdrol. I will probably throw epistane in in weeks 4 and 5 as a preworkout booster.

Took 6g of taurine, had no issues with back pump.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I've been a POS about updating this log since, really, Hdrol is a road well traveled at this point and there doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of interest. I appear to be leaning out, and gaining unnatural strength.

Hit 405x2 atg squat (455 previous max was at questionable depth)

Hit 350 bench tonight, HUGE PR for me. Actually did 3 but el-rando spotter at the gym kicked in god-knows-how-much on 2 and 3. Switching up my style of training a little bit because the EDT is just too god damn back-pumpy. I'm running all Cycle assist now to combat blood pressure issues. Back on the grapefruit jucie for absorption. Last two weeks I'm gonna boost it up with preworkout Epistane.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
525 dead, strength really kicking in now

bboystylz

Awards
Keep it up man...I am quietly following along...looking to do a H-Drol/Furuza-a stack mid-May...really looking forward to it-almost too much!!!

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Really bad lethargy today. Subpar gym day yesterday (my own fault). Lots of back pump sides, calf too. Maybe a little more suppressed. Going to hammer a new ResV concotion today and see if that helps. Anyone out there have tips on overcoming lethargy?

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Geranium extract helps a ton with lethargy, 495x4 on deads today.

Cllake

Awards
Following along too, keep it up! I just started my natural cut 2 weeks ago and am going to start 11-sterone to help! Cant wait for the river!

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Update: Sore joints.

Weighed in at 254 (-8), guess the cardio is helping

Iron will be destroyed this week.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Decent squats day 6, 5, 5@385 good depth (455 is inflated due to bad depth)

4,3,3,2 @ 315 for bench, very nice strength gain

I almost wish I would have run this as a lean bulker, it is giving me some nice strength. Kicking up an hour of interval cardio tonight, and shooting for 540 area on deadlift tomorrow. Need to reup my grapefruit juice, I'm stacking a little Epi in here (10mg preworkout) for the last 2 weeks.

Cycling off forskolin in prep for Lean Xtreme starting week 2 of PCT. I may run an ECA stack at that point.

I love love love resveratrol on cycle - In a few hours using the buccal delivery I can get a little bit of a PCT type effect, modulating shutdown. We'll see how I recover from this cycle, but really the shutdown never got worse than "high and tight" from the first couple of days on. I feel like I have settled into homeostasis with regards to sides.

No obvious liver sides, occasional lightheadedness that could be elevated BP or low glucose due to enhanced uptake in muscle.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Added in 10mg epi this last week. 315 for 5 on bench, missed 2 @ 515 DL due to grip. Squats are holding steady. Strength gains haven't been the best, but still some recomping going on I think.

Raspberry ketones at high doses (800mg+/day) have the effect of high dose capsaicin on the GI, so I have cut that out.

The back/calf pumps have made metabolic work really difficult - I'm not sure I'm cut out for running anabolics on a cut.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
OK guys, here are my final thoughts for the few of you following along.

HDROL:

Actually a pretty strong compound - 20+ pounds on the 1RM of all my major lifts in 6 weeks. Weight dropped to 258. Definitely does take until the middle of week 2 at least to kick in. While I was committed to a cut, I had nice recomp changes. I kind of ended up modulating the training and diet to be more maintenance/recompy due to lethargy and back pumps. On balance, I prefer epi. I also played around with the cycle support and P-liver doses a bit more than I should have due to concerns about interference.

Side effects were more pronounced than on my epistane cycle. Back pumps even while not w[COLOR*********]orking out, some minor liver pain (possibly in my head) towards the end, calf pumps, and lethargy. I believe that the grapefruit juice contributed to this greatly - I could modulate the side effects based on taking it or not.

I WOULD ESTIMATE THAT A PROPER GRAPEFRUIT JUICE DOSING INCREASES BLOOD LEVELS OF HALODROL AT LEAST 40%[/COLOR]

Buccal resveratrol on cycle was amazingly effective. No sexual sides, satisfaction was actually greater than baseline once I added a single pill of epi. Visible modulation of shutdown, and extremely cheap. I believe that for hormonal regulation, the fast SPIKE seen by the HPTA must be perfect. Honestly, I considered not even using my Nolva, but I'm going to do 20/20/10/10 just to be safe. Testes are aching a bit now from reclaiming the "means of production", but visually everything is back to normal after 1 dose of nolva and PCT assist.

TRY THIS WITH YOUR NEXT CYCLE!

The stack of Carnitine, Raspberry Ketone, and Forskolin, seems to be cheap and effective at leaning me out. I could see my top abs within the first 3 weeks, and then stabilized. However, at 800mg+/day of RK, GI issues were encountered identical to what you'd find with capsaicin. (Lower GI irritant). Took a while to build up to the GI issues, and a bit for normalcy to be restored.

Overall, I'd give this cycle 6/10 for results, 9/10 for information gained. I will always take better care of on cycle support (prefer AI Cycle support), and I expect I will run the buccal resveratrol (held in mouth as long as convenient 3 times per day) scheme on every cycle I try from here on out.

My PCT will be PCT assist, Nolva 20/20/10/10, lean xtreme strarting week 2. ECA stack starting week 3 (T levels by then should be well into overshoot).

Thanks for following along. I'll field any questions you may have, otherwise this log is OVAH.

OTRT

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Post PCT update - Strength climbed well for 3 weeks after cycle. Dead up to 545, bench to 350.

Dosed nolva 20/20/10/10 - stayed shutdown (testicularly) almost to the end of PCT - I wonder if the resV on cycle made me less sensitive to the dose from PCT assist? Certainly Nolva didn't bounce me back as fast as Torem did...but no gyno, what little lump I had was shrunk by the E deprivation on this cycle and pct. Fenugreek + Vitex seemed to help a lot in terms of restoring libido and testicular volume, they definitely do something with regards to resetting some of the terms of the HPTA.

Things feel fine now, I got a few pimples and such so I am confident I was well into T overshoot. Lean Xtreme seems to be effectively leaning me out. I'll bump the cycle results from 6 to 8 given the gains made and kept in PCT.