M-drol/H-drol - Week 1 update

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Well, it was just a joke, really, but basically, if 600mg of ALA gets me shaking cus of a lack of carbs with it, I would never poke myself with slin, then cross my fingers my carb-intake will suffice ! hahahah
    soo ala stacked with any kind of product like

    neovar, pslin, anabolicpump, yellowgold

    would be asking for it?

  2. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Man, to be fair, i've tried NON of those, but the combo would most likely be outrageous !

    Last night I just screwed up - 600mg with too low of carbs .. But the past 6 weeks, i've had the shakes prolly 5-6 times or so - a sign the ALA was too high, or simple carbs too low - but that was just MY slight screw-up. I just didn't want to consume too much sugar in my diet and worry about a bloat, but I learned my lesson.

    Had I not already planned my supplementation for the remainder of the year, i'd be trying a combo like that in a heart-beat ! LOL. Anabolic Pump i've wanted to try since it came out, but it's a little pricy it SEEMS. But for January, it's definitely in my "options' box.
  3. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Man, to be fair, i've tried NON of those, but the combo would most likely be outrageous !

    Last night I just screwed up - 600mg with too low of carbs .. But the past 6 weeks, i've had the shakes prolly 5-6 times or so - a sign the ALA was too high, or simple carbs too low - but that was just MY slight screw-up. I just didn't want to consume too much sugar in my diet and worry about a bloat, but I learned my lesson.

    Had I not already planned my supplementation for the remainder of the year, i'd be trying a combo like that in a heart-beat ! LOL. Anabolic Pump i've wanted to try since it came out, but it's a little pricy it SEEMS. But for January, it's definitely in my "options' box.
    then if anything try yellowgold its the cheapest of all 3 options

    tastes nasty unless you cap it, not sure if you do that or not. and there are other ways of downing it
    •   
       

  4. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    BTW.

    I said I looked dry as hell when i woke up today . . well, it got me thinking, and I thought of what I did last night ..

    I take my daily supplements in the morning, afternoon, and evening. I took them prior to bed with a protein shake and a banana last night. Well, I accidentally took a 600mg ALA instead of the 300mg - they're in the same bag. Well, with 600mg ALA in your system, your body would MOST likely enjoy some sugars or carbs immidiately - i gave myself a meager 30 grams form a banana. So, 90 minutes after I take my supps, I'm still awake in bed - issues falling asleep - been dealing with off and on all semester, so I don't blame my cycle necessarily - and I get nauseous. It kind of snuck up on me, then kicked in to high gear. I was like, UGH, wtf, UGH, and gagged, and just felt ****ing miserable for like 10 minutes. Then I was like, ****, cut my carbs too low with the ALA ! My hands were shaking, and i was just feeling BAD !Dragged my ass out of bed, went to the fridge, picked up my Orange Juice, and brought it back in bed with me .. 5 minutes later, SWEET RELIEF !!!!

    Anyway thought I'd let ya'll know . . Don't **** with the slin ! hahah
    dam,dude yesterday i shot my igf-1 while at the gym(at the end part of my workout). Within 5 minuits i was as white as a ghost and felt like i was gonna pass out. Nothing like that good ol' hypo feeling...lol

    I usually keep carbs low but im at week 12(of 14-15) of my test/eq cycle so i want to maximize gains. I used na-rala for quite a while with great success(pricey though).
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Yeah bro, I never tried out the R-ala - - - not cost efficient enough for me man . . I only do 'smart' buys from Nutraplanet LOL **REPRESENT**

    Have you tried ALA ? Can you compare the two in terms of effects ?

    Man, sorry to hear about the incident there . . I'd be worried too !!! (and @ the gym !? they must've thought you were siiiick !)

    When I first began the UD2.0, I read in the book that nausea and exhaustion was common, so getting through those workout would be a ***** for sure . . Man, the first 3/5 weeks, I threw up in 3 out of 4 weight training work outs a week. I remember the worst day of them all: i only live 1 mile away from Gold's Gym, and after one of these full body complete depletion/exhaustion workouts, I was nauseous, pale, had been throwing up at the gym . . didn't look too good - but it was to be expected . . I HAD TO PULL OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD - although side road, NOT a highway - to open up the door and spill out my guts FOUR TIMES !!! So averaging every quarter mile . .. . lol

    (I'm not encouraging NOR saying that working out to that point is good in any form or fashion .. but then again, my body is my own little research experiment !
  6. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Yeah bro, I never tried out the R-ala - - - not cost efficient enough for me man . . I only do 'smart' buys from Nutraplanet LOL **REPRESENT**

    Have you tried ALA ? Can you compare the two in terms of effects ?

    Man, sorry to hear about the incident there . . I'd be worried too !!! (and @ the gym !? they must've thought you were siiiick !)

    When I first began the UD2.0, I read in the book that nausea and exhaustion was common, so getting through those workout would be a ***** for sure . . Man, the first 3/5 weeks, I threw up in 3 out of 4 weight training work outs a week. I remember the worst day of them all: i only live 1 mile away from Gold's Gym, and after one of these full body complete depletion/exhaustion workouts, I was nauseous, pale, had been throwing up at the gym . . didn't look too good - but it was to be expected . . I HAD TO PULL OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD - although side road, NOT a highway - to open up the door and spill out my guts FOUR TIMES !!! So averaging every quarter mile . .. . lol

    (I'm not encouraging NOR saying that working out to that point is good in any form or fashion .. but then again, my body is my own little research experiment !
    from what i gather the regular ala(with the synthetic s-isomer is somewhat toxic to the body).R-ala is somewhat price efficiant,but the na-rala is just nuts http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ala-25-gm.html they just raised the price again....bastards! Regular ala is real cheap, I may just pick some up cause im almost out of the na-rala sh*t.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  7. Banned
    gotripped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    thats why jamming at the gym is a bad noise. if something goes wrong ur stuck with a needle in you, naked and in front of a buncha people when they walk in.
  8. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    from what i gather the regular ala(with the synthetic s-isomer is somewhat toxic to the body).R-ala is somewhat price efficiant,but the na-rala is just nuts http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ala-25-gm.html they just raised the price again....bastards! Regular ala is real cheap, I may just pick some up cause im almost out of the na-rala sh*t.
    Haha, yeah man, compare that to . .

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ps-300-mg.html

    I've got to be honest, I had not heard about na-R-ALA until you mentioned it yesterday. I thought you meant regular R-ALA . . I'm low on funds untill January, but that's when i'll be able to truly 'take advantage' of Nutraplanets kick ass prices and products . . I'll be capping my own stuff . . Including that na-R-ALA, cus it sounds appealing ,. .and worth a shot .. What else you take with it ? And what effects are you experiencing ?
  9. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Oh, and as far as capping . . do you cap them ? If so, what cap 'em quick system did you use, and did it work out for ya ?
  10. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Oh, and as far as capping . . do you cap them ? If so, what cap 'em quick system did you use, and did it work out for ya ?
    i dont cap,just measure toss it it,and chase it with some water....
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  11. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Haha, yeah man, compare that to . .

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ps-300-mg.html

    I've got to be honest, I had not heard about na-R-ALA until you mentioned it yesterday. I thought you meant regular R-ALA . . I'm low on funds untill January, but that's when i'll be able to truly 'take advantage' of Nutraplanets kick ass prices and products . . I'll be capping my own stuff . . Including that na-R-ALA, cus it sounds appealing ,. .and worth a shot .. What else you take with it ? And what effects are you experiencing ?
    I just take it with carb meals,creatine,or at night. It's very strong sh*t...never take with alcohol as you will get rather sick!!! trust me. I take a quarter teaspoon. I'm gonna get some reg ala sence it's just so much more cost efficiant
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  12. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Yeah, bro, try out some regular ALA, and let us know how you like it compared to the na-R-ALA ! Like previously stated, I'm going @ around 1,200-1,500 mg ALA/day spread out evenly.
  13. Advanced Member
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    40.09%

    Norwegian, do you know how many calories you are taking in with that diet you posted...?

    Just curious.

    And when you were just straight out bulking (when you were at 278) was your diet clean at that point as well? I am just curious, because I think that I am going to just do an all out bulk for the winter. I am tired of trying to keep the abs all the time...haha

    Any help is greatly appreciated bro and good luck with the rest of your log.
    Armed to the teeth.
  14. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    Norwegian, do you know how many calories you are taking in with that diet you posted...?

    Just curious.

    And when you were just straight out bulking (when you were at 278) was your diet clean at that point as well? I am just curious, because I think that I am going to just do an all out bulk for the winter. I am tired of trying to keep the abs all the time...haha

    Any help is greatly appreciated bro and good luck with the rest of your log.

    I'm @ around 2600-2800 calories/day now.

    Haha, man, I bulked alright ! Fall of 2006, I ate and ate and ate some more . . ISA-test was the ONE supplement I took - along with protein and pre-workout drinks - and I gained LITERALLY 40 lbs from August till end of november. I **** YOU NOT - many people dont believe this . . BUT, lots of chub ! See, I was dieting with burgers and fries in to the early AMs. I mean, it was disgusting how much I was able to scarf down at that point in my life . . Like I said, ALL I WANTED TO SEE was the numbers increase when i stepped on the scale . . and they did ! LOL. I looked like a rhino when i worked out though, all sweaty, pudgy, red and just BIG ! LOL


    I feel you with the abs thing . . I'm gonna be hating x-mas, cus I'll be attempting to get some MORE definition on my abs over that break ! lol, SO, enjoy your food, and screw the abs, you're not gonna be showing em off entirely too much untill early spring anyway !
  15. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I'm @ around 2600-2800 calories/day now.

    Haha, man, I bulked alright ! Fall of 2006, I ate and ate and ate some more . . ISA-test was the ONE supplement I took - along with protein and pre-workout drinks - and I gained LITERALLY 40 lbs from August till end of november. I **** YOU NOT - many people dont believe this . . BUT, lots of chub ! See, I was dieting with burgers and fries in to the early AMs. I mean, it was disgusting how much I was able to scarf down at that point in my life . . Like I said, ALL I WANTED TO SEE was the numbers increase when i stepped on the scale . . and they did ! LOL. I looked like a rhino when i worked out though, all sweaty, pudgy, red and just BIG ! LOL


    I feel you with the abs thing . . I'm gonna be hating x-mas, cus I'll be attempting to get some MORE definition on my abs over that break ! lol, SO, enjoy your food, and screw the abs, you're not gonna be showing em off entirely too much untill early spring anyway !
    im soo tempted to go on a 10week eating spree and throwon as much mass as i can gahh but for now its trying to burn some fat and nothing is changing even doing tons of cardio grrrr,, tons more then i normally do not tons total
  16. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1066
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wow u look fcuking awesome man! Nice log. Sick stack. I changed mine up again and going with Epi and SD. 6 weeks with SD pulsed 3x a week.

    U have done an awesome job with ur body!
  17. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    I appreciate the good words, friend !

    Damn, that sounds like a nice run - > i'm happy to hear that you're being rather careful with the superdrol. I pulsed Epi myself in September btw .. 30-40mg/day four days a week, mainly pre- and post workout. Loved it !
  18. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1066
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I appreciate the good words, friend !

    Damn, that sounds like a nice run - > i'm happy to hear that you're being rather careful with the superdrol. I pulsed Epi myself in September btw .. 30-40mg/day four days a week, mainly pre- and post workout. Loved it !
    I had an awesome pulse with SD/Ergo/TRN. I was going to do PP/Epi but the SD is calling my name hehe.

    Ur one hell of a beast. U and Trip are crazy man awesome size and ripped! I am not that dedicated right now for those kinds of results.

    Anyway I am subbed for sure.
  19. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    HAHA, man I feel ya with the SD . . I was like, why **** around with the other milder/less potent ones .. I know myself enough to deal with that !
  20. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    OK, it wasn't THAT funny . . .
  21. Advanced Member
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    40.09%

    norwegian what was training regimen like when you were a rhino...haha?

    <--trying to put on mass this winter.
    Armed to the teeth.
  22. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Day 8:

    I looked dry as hell when I woke up - I always seem to do - perhaps the ALA every night before bed and upon wakening - but I definitely looked bigger and fuller. Noticed I've lost some water/fat around the obliques since beginning of the cycle, so my weight must have had some kind of fluctuation thus far.

    Woke up at 8am today to go to class, got about 6 hours of sleep ...needless to say, I needed a boost, and QUICK !!! I popped two JetFuel and one AMP on an empty stomach with a bunch of water, and brought a banana with me to class. (a protein shake was not an option; whenever I drink a protein shake only (vanilla Whey protein by EAS) with no other foods with it, I get sick as a dog . . (got a BUNCH of 4everfit isolate coming in this soon) I insisted on not filling my stomach with a huge meal before the caffeine was absorbed . . 8.30am, and I was already beginning to get warmer and more awake. Keep in mind, it's been TEN (10) whole days since I last took caffeine, so this was bound to do something to me! LOL

    Took my other supplements when I got back home at 9.30AM, and fixed myself a chicken breast and oatmeal on the side. Still feeling alert and awake.

    Ate another chicken breast with half a cup of rice at 11.30-11.45AM, as I was lifting at 1.30-1.45PM today. I noticed my energy levels were getting lower around noon, so I knew I'd have a pre-workout drink. I had a sample bag of Labradas SuperCharge (THANKS FOR THE FREE SAMPLES, LABRADA) and First Order (THANKS FOR THE FREE SAMPLES, BODYWELL NUTRITION), so I figured why not try something new out on my leg-day. First off, fruit punch SuperCharge has a KICK ASS flavor - I actually enjoy drinking it. Secondly, I didn't end up on the pot - like NOXplode does . . .

    At 1.45PM I was at the gym, ready to go . . VERY MUCH ready to go !!! (And still no stomach discomfort!) Here are the numbers:

    Smith Machine Squats: 135 * 15, 225 * 12, 275 * 10, 315 * 10, 365 * 4 -> DROP 315 * 4 -> DROP 225 * 6

    (slow and controlled reps, I bend to 75-90 degrees - don't hate on me - depending on the weight. I.e. with 225, I'd go LOW and slow, and really squeeze, with 315 and 365 I'd go to 90 degrees, and explode up. Took 90-120 second in between sets, so it was intense!)

    Leg Press Machine - 600 * 12, 800 * 10, 800 * 10, 800 * 12

    (My legs were taking a toll here; once again, FULL range of motion, and explode back up. I played my mp3 player loud as hell (Still D.R.E.) and STILL heard myself grunt by every rep - LOL.)

    Two-legged Curls - 240 * 15, 275 * 12, 290 * 10 ( SLOW and controlled; 2-3 second release, then EXPLODE back on the curl and REALLY squeeze the ham before releasing (2-3 second negative)

    *** when I was in the middle of my leg curl sets, I was nauseous as hell. I had pushed myself a helluva lot. Took a one minute breather in the stall, and spilt my guts, then returned to complete another couple exercises. Gotta deal with the PAIN ! Gotta LOVE the pain!)

    Two-legged Extensions - 100 * 15, 100 * 12, 100 * 12 (SLOW and held peak contraction for a second.

    Standing One-legged Curls - 40 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12 (Slow and squeeze on top)

    Calf Raises - 4 sets * 12 reps on a standing Calf Machine


    That was it for legs . . I went to the locker room and pulled down my sweatpants, and I SWEAR, I HAD VEINS FROM THE TOP OF MY THIGHS DOWN TO THE MIDDLE OF MY CALVES!!!! It was the sickest thing I've seen on myself ever. My legs were JACKED beyond belief !! I was pissed that I didn't have a bud there who could've taken my pic, so I only got some half-assed ones on my phone, that aren't worth posting here. I'm still hoping to one day bring a camera to the gym and shoot some action there.

    NOW - - GET THIS !!! Weigh-in: 227 lbs ! This is an 8.4 lbs decrease since LAST Monday ! And this is with NO cardio apart from running around with my dog outside on a field a couple times. (Got a crazy little 5-month old puppy; we ran some wind-sprints both yesterday and saturday just for fun . . lol) Now, i had retained ALL strength as far as my legs go, and without a doubt went up in weight. Still no belt used on my leg training, so it's all RAW.

    I had my post-workout drink when i got home:
    - 2 scoops whey protein
    - 1 scoop Cell-Tech
    - 1 scoop (50 grams) WMS
    - 1 SAMPLE packet of CEL's REFUEL (THANK YOU, CEL !)

    *had an additional 300mg ALA with this.

    Now I'm about to have my chicken and rice, so I'll hit ya'll up later !
  23. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Oh, I also mixed in 3 scoops of Xtend and 1 scoop of White Flood in half a gallon of water that i drank during my workout. I SWEAR by Xtend !! (and @ only 3 scoops for me at ~230 lbs., it's a BARGAIN!)
  24. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Feedback suggests people tend to loose water at first with superdrol..like it has a dieretic effect at first,then starts adding mass.(mostly through glycogen storage i think) Also it seems Superdrol promotes anabolism in a caloric surplus high in carbohydrates (Low carb is apparantly not the ideal situation for superdrol) Interested to see your outcome actually...awsome log bro
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  25. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Feedback suggests people tend to loose water at first with superdrol..like it has a dieretic effect at first,then starts adding mass.(mostly through glycogen storage i think) Also it seems Superdrol promotes anabolism in a caloric surplus high in carbohydrates (Low carb is apparantly not the ideal situation for superdrol) Interested to see your outcome actually...awsome log bro
    Man, I am interested myself. LOL. I will not change my diet in any form or fashion - in terms of INCREASING calories - as I'm not looking to gain an ounce of extra water (if at all possible).


    HOWEVER, starting tonight, I'll make the following two changes:

    1) Beyond 6-7 PM, I will not consume any more carbohydrates. My two meals beyond 6PM will be chicken breast with a salad and low-calorie dressing on the side OR green beans. And my protein shake prior to bed time will be only protein powder with 8g of MCT fats in it.
    2) No more EVOO. Two reasons; 1) I ran out - it's costly, so why bother . . LOL. 2) unnecessary fat, as my diet already has a sufficient amount of healthy fats.


    That's it for the tweaking for now . . If any other changes, I will make sure to let you know !

    BTW, how are your current cycle gains yourself ?
  26. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    norwegian what was training regimen like when you were a rhino...haha?

    <--trying to put on mass this winter.

    Hahaha, the rhino . . I was called 'the albino rhino' for a while - I'm able to laugh at that now ! lol

    When I was a rhino, I'd be hitting the gym 6-7 days/week. If I missed a day, I felt bad .. dunno why ! So off-days were few, but obviously, that's not much of a problem as I was choking down enough calories to feed a whole village in Africa (OK, not a nice thing to say, but you get my point) . . lol

    I definitely did lots of volume; 4-5 exercises for every bodypart; 8-15 reps (not that it gives you a good picture of what I did .. ) and hit every bodypart every 5 days on average. Also, NO cardio. To get OUTSTANDING results like i did in my bulk, you need NOOOO CARDIO - that's the best thing about the 'diet' . . LOL

    But, I didn't do anything magical. Just lots of volume, lots of intensity - - - - I was drenching every bench or station i was at . .

    I have my workouts from that semester ALL written down on my laptop - that's having technical issues now . . as in 'will not turn on PERIOD' . . time for a replacement, but i've got 2 years of workout logs there DAMMIT !!!!! I will see what I can do with it, and hopefully be able to show come sample workouts, etc, etc . . .
  27. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ur a beast and a freak and im closely following
  28. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    ur a beast and a freak and im closely following
    Thanks a lot, bro, and I'm happy to see that some have an interest for it. I'm logging on bodybuilding.com as well, but no feedback, no nothing, so I'm probably gonna drop that log, but continue logging here. (Same log, obviously)

    Anyway . . it's in the evening now, and I was lucky enough to spend two long hours in a math review just after my workout and dinner, so my legs are finally hurting - I say finally cus thats a good sign, DUH ! LOL . . that leg workout was brutal, an my thighs are still full and pumped, so I'm happy as hell.

    Like I said, I cut all carbs at 6pm. Just had another meal with Chicken and Green Beans - yum yum . . Got another chicken breast with a salad and some dressing coming up at 11PM, before a final pre-bed time shake at 1AM.. It sucks about the cutting the carbs part, because I normally work out at 6pm, and tend to prefer having a carb meal after my carb-rich post-workout shake . . This means I may have to continue doing my workouts in the afternoon.. (whether or not this will be applicable, I do not know yet.. Classes are interrupting my whole ****ing day-schedule, dammit !!!)

    Anyway, thanks for following my log, I love the critiques and the feedbacks, and it only inspires me to make the most of the log.
  29. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5551
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    41.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    BTW, how are your current cycle gains yourself ?
    I kept calories rather low through most of it(ate very clean).Today ended week 12 and im up about 10 lean pounds.Thats all i wanted really. I got a few weeks left "ON" so i hope to hit 200!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  30. Advanced Member
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    40.09%

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Hahaha, the rhino . . I was called 'the albino rhino' for a while - I'm able to laugh at that now ! lol

    When I was a rhino, I'd be hitting the gym 6-7 days/week. If I missed a day, I felt bad .. dunno why ! So off-days were few, but obviously, that's not much of a problem as I was choking down enough calories to feed a whole village in Africa (OK, not a nice thing to say, but you get my point) . . lol

    I definitely did lots of volume; 4-5 exercises for every bodypart; 8-15 reps (not that it gives you a good picture of what I did .. ) and hit every bodypart every 5 days on average. Also, NO cardio. To get OUTSTANDING results like i did in my bulk, you need NOOOO CARDIO - that's the best thing about the 'diet' . . LOL

    But, I didn't do anything magical. Just lots of volume, lots of intensity - - - - I was drenching every bench or station i was at . .

    I have my workouts from that semester ALL written down on my laptop - that's having technical issues now . . as in 'will not turn on PERIOD' . . time for a replacement, but i've got 2 years of workout logs there DAMMIT !!!!! I will see what I can do with it, and hopefully be able to show come sample workouts, etc, etc . . .
    That would be great man...I want to switch my routine up and whatever you were doing was obviously working for you so I am very interested...

    Anything you can tell me about your training during your bulk would be great (split, exercises, sets.) anything bro. Feel free if you want to PM me. I don't want to clutter your log.

    And sorry to here about your laptop bro.
    Armed to the teeth.
  31. Banned
    gotripped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    That would be great man...I want to switch my routine up and whatever you were doing was obviously working for you so I am very interested...

    Anything you can tell me about your training during your bulk would be great (split, exercises, sets.) anything bro. Feel free if you want to PM me. I don't want to clutter your log.

    And sorry to here about your laptop bro.
    i've wanted a better way to bulk. I've been using splits for bulking and I'd rather use pushing/pulling exercises for bulking. They say compound movements pack on the mass faster and better. I've just never tried them though. Perhaps I will on this next cycle of m1t.
  32. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Day 9:

    Got another 6 hours of sleep before I had to get up to study for an exam. Upon wakening, I took 3 JetFuel on an empty stomach with water. I didn't eat my breakfast untill 90 minutes later. The JetFuel has kept my furnace GOING AND GOING for 7 hours now, I **** YOU NOT ! (OK, right before the test I took ONE AMP pill - I wanted to assure myself I wouldn't get tired during the test, yet at the same time, I didn't feel like a full 100mg of caffeine from each JetFuel pill (instead, only 60mg caffeine/cap in AMP, I think it was from the top of my head.)

    HOWEVER, JetFuel KILLED my appetite ! My lunch at noon took 30-40 minutes to complete - 1/2 cup brown rice with 1.5 chicken breast. And I scarfed it all down with lots of water.

    Now, I may be stressed from this Exam and all, and have been for 4-5 days, but my aggression has been BAD today ! BAD TEMPER ! There were a couple problems on this damned test that made me want to get up in the middle of it and just rip the ****ing test apart and pitch it towards the prof. Thankfully, I didn't, but found myself sitting there tapping both feet 200 mph like a crazy person without his meds.. I didn't do how I wanted to on the test, so on the way back home, my fuse was gone. I was screaming at people in traffic, flicking them off, and just impatient as hell . . BUT, at the same time, I felt like i was on top of the ****ing world ! Well, I could've taken on ANYONE I felt like !!

    OK, so that was quite the side note, but all I'm saying is that today my temper has been hard to manage. Got a total of 4 pimples - tiny ones, knock on wood - but I'm hoping that I can minimize the acne on this cycle, and be able to show off the results like I want to at the end of my cycle . . Since I started all the healthy fats - CLA, MCT, fish oil and Sesamin - in my diet, my skin has cleared up and stayed nice and firm . . And I'd LOVE to keep it this way ! Apart from the NASTY Vitamin B5 or B6 (can't recall which), what other supplementation has helped ya'll deal with it? (I don't want to deal with accutane, btw.) The Java Soap here at Nutraplanet, will it help keep skin clear, or just help with tone and stretch marks ? I'm thinking of throwing in one of those in an order . .

    SO, I'm looking at my calves and thighs, and they are VEINY ! I've been sitting on my ass or laying down studying the whole morning, then took a two hour test, so there's no reason why they'd be 'pumped' but they sure are. And to top it off, I'm not even sore !! I don't even walk with a limp, nor a partial limp from the grueling leg workout yesterday !!!! THAT part I WILL dedicate a WHOOOOLE lot to Xtend !!! Since I started Xtend 3.5-4 weeks ago, recovery has been faster than EVER before.


    Let me sum up this for you guys; after 9 days on my cycle:

    Side effects:
    * a couple pimples.
    * Bad temper - more than once, and it's pronounced . . !
    * BP rising every now and then; I'll get warm/sweaty for no reason, and since I'm light/fair skinned, i get red blotches on chest/shoulder/upper arm area every once in a while. (those of you with fair skin may know what I am talking about, BUT, I've had this for 6-7 years - not high BP - but the red areas that look a little bit like a rash - so I will not blame that on the cycle either, but it's been more frequent just the past 4 days.)
    * trouble falling asleep and a little drowsy during the day, on and off.

    - the sleeping part, is, like I said something I've dealt with before, so I will not blame it entirely on my cycle . . but it has gotten slightly worse since prior to the cycle.

    Cons:
    * feeling of invincibility/superiority - literally - I just feel full, jacked and pumped, and coupled with the temper, I feel like I can take on anyone, and I'm confident as hell
    * looking full and vascular, but LEAN !!
    * lost some water around my stomach
    * strength is WITHOUT A DOUBT up !!!


    Once again, a messy log, but that's what happens when I only drop by my apt for an hour at a time in between classes and insist on updating my log for ya'll ! LOL.

    I will update tonight again, because my Shoulder/Back/Trap workout is coming up in only a few short hours, and I'm already telling myself it's gonna be one helluva session !! I got a sample of Armageddon and Evolution x10 by StarChemLabs (THANK YOU FOR THE SAMPLES), so I will definitely use the Armageddon pre-workout - and HOPE not to get the ****s like so many others - but I don't think I'll be trying the Evolution x10, cus the Xtend/White Flood combo is working wonders for me as is . .

    Untill later, PEACE !
  33. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    I don't know how I never thought to mention this before . .

    The most pronounced side effect -- - and a BAD ONE ! JOINT PAIN !! It's one of the reasons why I'm only working every muscle once a week, but hell, I didn't think it could get this bad THIS quick ! Yes, my strength is soaring, but my arms are also throbbing in pain after most sets - left elbow is the worst . . I went to Sam's this morning and got Glucosamine/MSM instead of Glucosamine/Chondiotrin, because I heard the former is what works the fastest as the joint pain/issues are ALREADY there. Today's workout almost went to ****s because of this !!!

    Here are the numbers, however:

    Day 9 - Back/Shoulders

    Wide-grip Pull-ups: Bodyweight * 15, 12, 12, 10

    Seated Dumbbell Press - 80 * 15, 100 * 6(this is when the pain kicked in), 90 * 6, 90 * 6

    Seated Cable Rows - 200 * 15, 250 * 12, 250 * 12, 250 * 12
    (I couldn't believe how easily I handled this weight. I was pumping them out like they were warm-up sets. Elbows THROBBING in pain, and I knew I had to lessen the work-load to complete this workout.) As soon as I completed these sets, I spilt my guts in the toilet again . . intensity was still there, as usual

    Seated Side Laterals - 30 * 12, 30 * 12, 30 * 12 (these were so painful that I could barely feel em in my shoulders, so I decided to drop the weight to 20s, and I did 2 sets * 15 reps of standing one-arm laterals instead.)

    Upright Barbell Rows - 95 * 12, 95 * 12 (wide-grip) 95 * 12, 95 * 12 (close-grip) (As I couldn't handle my normal weight here, I just did a slow, fluid motion with a peak-contraction.)

    Curl-grip Pull-ups - Bodyweight * 12, 10, 10

    Rear Machine Laterals (on Pec-dec) - 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 80 * 10, 80 * 10 (to put less strain on elbows and to take my arms out of the movement, I didn't even grab the handles, but made a fist, palms facing eachother and pushed on the handles with the top of my hands. (if that explanation makes sense?)

    DB Shrugs -100 * 12, 110 * 10, 110 * 10
    superset with
    Plate Front Raises - 45 * 12, 45 * 12, 45 * 15


    I called it quits here . . weighed in at 228 lbs. even.


    PROS:
    * I am officially the nastiest, most vascular looking dude at the gym . . OK, maybe I have been up there for a while in size, but today I was 6 pairs of veins running down each shoulder down to my elbows. It was disgusting how jacked I looked. My skin is looking thinner - OBVIOUS sub-q water loss from head to toe. (Like I mentioned earlier, my thighs are veiny just 'sitting there', lol)

    Thanksgiving is coming up, and hopefully all college kids are leaving town so i can bring a camera to the gym and take some action pics.

    CONS:
    * ELBOWS ! OUCH !!!!!
    * Endurance was DOWN today . . . I'm sleep deprived and all, but I didn't think it'd slow me down like it did. I took the Armageddon prior to working out, and it was mediocre - nothing outrageous, but did screw with my stomach prior to working out. Definitely didn't give me an energy rush like I required - and nothing like VasoFlow - so what brought my head in to the workout was ME wanting to bust my balls and move some weights around and show off, not stimulants and caffeine and **** in my system firing me up . .


    Got to admit, this log is the funkiest log I've seen. But hey, it's my first one, so it could only get better from here, right ? - riiiight . . .

    PEACE !
  34. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    humm, look into cissus and fish oil, jack fish oil to 30g daily and i started cissus a while back and it def made most of my joint and body aches go away

    i got the cheap cissus not sure if its getable anymore. but fish oil is pretty cheap, not too cheap at 30g daily though but you can do 5-10
  35. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    humm, look into cissus and fish oil, jack fish oil to 30g daily and i started cissus a while back and it def made most of my joint and body aches go away

    i got the cheap cissus not sure if its getable anymore. but fish oil is pretty cheap, not too cheap at 30g daily though but you can do 5-10
    Hey bro,

    I'm already doing 20-25 grams of fish oil per day. Also got 6 grams of CLA/day. I'll be adding 1500mg of both Glucosamine and MSM twice a day.

    Cissus I've never tried before, and I've barely researched it ! What dosages you use ? Cap em yourself ?

    How long - and using what exactly - did it take before you started noticing that it helped joint pain ?!
  36. Professional Member
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1690
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    72.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Hey bro,

    I'm already doing 20-25 grams of fish oil per day. Also got 6 grams of CLA/day. I'll be adding 1500mg of both Glucosamine and MSM twice a day.

    Cissus I've never tried before, and I've barely researched it ! What dosages you use ? Cap em yourself ?

    How long - and using what exactly - did it take before you started noticing that it helped joint pain ?!
    i dont remmeber howfast or slow i noticed it working, but i bought the cheaper bulk powder from NP

    i capped them myself and took 6daily for 3g worth i believe

    it made my bad shoulder feel better, esp noticeable in bed cuz sleeping on it always was weird then cissus for sure helped that issue go away

    i capped it myself yes, and supposedly if you take the stronger stuff and high dose it becomes anabolic or something? i didnt look into that effect too much but its an idea
  37. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Day 10:

    -decided to take a couple side shots, just to see how the lines are coming in on my stomach and hips . . I'm VERY pleased with the outcome of 9 days of this diet. Definitely looking more defined, and this is still with NO added cardio, and - SO FAR - no extra ab-work.

    BTW, I'm so sore today i can barely move. My entire body is aching from the past two days of grueling workouts with restricted carbs. I'm sensing I'll allow myself lots more carbs today . . Probably be loading today with about 500-600 grams of carbs, in order to finish off the day with an ALL-OUT arm workout, before taking thursday and friday off entirely, and eat all the Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing I can chow down . . The only reason I'd work out today although I'm still as sore as I am is because I'll be spending the holidays in Houston, and I wouldn't be able to find the time of day to work out on Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  38. Elite Member
    john123131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    2989
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    9.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    jacked bro, good job....using prohormones or not, thats alot of hard work and dedication, congrats.
  39. Banned
    Norwegian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    97.33%

    Thanks a lot, bro, I appreciate it !

    I am looking flatter and not as full as I did the past couple days, but like I said two nights ago, I cut all carbs beyond 7PM, and this is taking its toll. Especially with the work out intensity I have, I'll be sweating by the thousands [of calories] . . lol . . Also, I'm 8 lbs lighter here than when i started the cycle; I'm standing at 227 lbs this morning.

    Well, I'm gonna get to my eating. 90 grams of carbs from brown rice and chicken breast with 50 grams of protein altogether. That's how I'll keep my meals going today; upping the carbohydrate content by 100% each meal, but keeping them healthy.

    I may shoot some more pics after tonights workout, and hopefully I'll have filled in a little bit by them. Because of how flat I am, I will try to add 50-75 grams of WMS to my pre/during-workout mix of Xtend and White Flood today, to see if the pumps really are as amazing as some say with WMS . .
  40. Registered User
    UNCfan1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,948
    Rep Power
    1066
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Looking sick son! Awesome job!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M-Drol-Havoc-5 weeks
    By Big billy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
  2. Starting H-drol in 1 week.....
    By spyder786 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
  3. M-drol/H-drol log (~1/week updates)
    By ecu19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 01:51 PM
  4. M-drol/H-drol - Week 1 update
    By Norwegian in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in