TEST E CYCLE!! AI???

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Okay so I'm getting my first Test E cycle soon and I've got pretty much everything down but I'm hearing a lot of how I NEED an AI and how you don't!
I'd rather be on the safe side and get one.
But how and what kind should I get?!
I've heard of arimidex I believe and then I heard Clovis would be just fine instead?? So I'm curious as to what I should take ??
Thanks

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I know of Arimidex and it could be used at a dosage of 1/2 mg every other day to keep estrogen at bay.

Do you mean Clomid, as in clomiphene citrate, which is a SERM which does not work as well due to it only suppressing estrogen not reducing it, nolva is effect as a SERM to prevent binding to breast tissue but SERMS are more suited for PCT to control estrogen after cycle.

Exemstane / Aromasin is much better due to it having a permanent effect and being slightly more effective and less harmful to lipids at a dose of around 12.5mg EOD would be good to start with.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
I know of Arimidex and it could be used at a dosage of 1/2 mg every other day to keep estrogen at bay.

Do you mean Clomid, as in clomiphene citrate, which is a SERM which does not work as well due to it only suppressing estrogen not reducing it, nolva is effect as a SERM to prevent binding to breast tissue but SERMS are more suited for PCT to control estrogen after cycle.

Exemstane / Aromasin is much better due to it having a permanent effect and being slightly more effective and less harmful to lipids at a dose of around 12.5mg EOD would be good to start with.
Ok cool! Thanks for that

And what do I NEED to get then for sure??
And is an AI used throughout the cycle and I know PCT is after and all.
And lol yes I meant Clomid sorry my phone changed it!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im gonna change my username to BrokenRecord...

Get baseline bloods before starting. Know thyself.

Invest in a bicep cuff monitor.

With an AI, my philosophy is on your first test cycle, dont run it out of the gate unless you have prior experience with aromatization issues and/or gyno. Run the test by itself, then add the AI in if needed and dial your dose from there.

Id prefer aromasin/exem, too.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
For sure you would need: a SERM e.g. such as Nolvadex or Clomid, to use during PCT after your cycle.

AN AI on hand is recommended and will help you if you have issues with estrogen from aromatization, some people take only 250-300 mg of Test and have gyno flare up / problems. and others can tolerate 500mg per week without an AI and are fine, each and everyone of us responds differently so i would only use an AI if you have problems with excess estrogen, also lowering estrogen too much can cause sides which relate to poor bone health and low libido which will kill sex drive.

Best to get the AI and have on hand just incase a problem with estrogen arises. Better to be safe and stop the problem than letting it escalate e.g. if you have no AI or SERM or way of lowering estrogen and are gyno prone you could end up having permanent fatty tissue develop which would require surgery to remove which is much more expensive than the AI.

Reactions: Nac
Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Okay so which do you prefer then. Exemstane or Aromasin?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get six of one, and half-a-dozen of the other.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Ah I thought so. Ok so I got some Arimidex and I keep hearing that some people take their PCT during the cycle instead of after??
Whys that? Or am I misreading?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah I thought so. Ok so I got some Arimidex and I keep hearing that some people take their PCT during the cycle instead of after??
Whys that? Or am I misreading?
Id advise against that until there is more relevant compelling data/anecdote in favour of it. Stick with a traditional PCT.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Traditional as in using Clomid and doing it after my cycle of course right?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Traditional as in using Clomid and doing it after my cycle of course right?
Yeah bro. I mean Spurfy's claims appear reasonably sound to my layman mind, but my prejudice for normal post-cycle PCT has me wary of standing behind it as a low-risk alternative. I personally need more convincing. And I mean by-and-large, traditional PCTs do work (they restore hpta function).

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Nice nice. I thought so. I'll for sure do it that way.
And okay so could you answer me this? What would or is your PCT like?
As in what you take and dosage if you do that?
Feel free to not wanna answer I totally understand. Just love getting different sides from people.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
25mg clomid for four weeks is typically ample. Some guys swear by doing a higher first week dose, some guys recommend tapering weekly doses down, others claim 6 weeks is a better duration.

Im personally on trt. Maybe look around for more opinions. But seriously, whatever you do, do get precycle bloods done. If you run into issues on-cycle or PCT youll be relieved you did. If you dont run into any probs youll still appreciate the self-knowledge.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Okay so trt? What's that? Is it better than Aromasin?

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Cuz I bought Arimidex and it came in quick af!
And I wanna have more than 1 thing on hand just so I have it for whichever is better.
Should I buy Aromasin instead?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Okay so trt? What's that? Is it better than Aromasin?
TRT = Testosterone Replacement Therapy which is usually administered in the form of Test C, or E injections by a doctor due to a patient having low testosterone levels.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Okay so update I've been on this test cycle for 5 weeks now!
Feeling great! Strength has gone up in a great way! I feel like I've reacted well to this so far. Staying steady with my AI also.
Now I do have a question tho??

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Anavar is something I've been hearing a lot of? Now I wanna add that for the remainder of my cycle ? I've read a lot of ways to dose and I was prolly gonna do 50 mg Ed.
Now if y'all know a better way or what else to take with anavar since it's an oral please let me know.
I will be getting cycle support for liver and all since it's a bit toxic.