Second test cycle

Bulkbogan

Awards
My first cycle I took 420mg of test cyp a week for 8 weeks while cutting and I lost fat while retaining and probably adding muscle with no issues. This is my second cycle and I’ve been taking 600mg a week for 4 weeks now. I’ve been eating at a calorie deficit and my weight has hovered at 250lbs since I started with no notable fat loss. I have gotten stronger and most people notice good addition to my size however my skin fold measurements aren’t going down. Could this be water retention and/or fat gain from aromatization? Would taking an AI or SERM help?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It could be water retention if you aren't squeezing the calipers hard enough to push the water out. The pinch should be a little uncomfortable. Could also be just minor differences in the location of the pinch. One inch difference in placement can bet a couple mm of fat pinch different. So that is hard to tell but the real deal is if you were in a deficit the scale would be going down, even on gear and if it isn't then you aren't actually in a deficit. You likely misjudged your maintenance calories, if the fat loss is not evident at 4 weeks on gear it probably isn't happening. Especially when you are not seeing the scale move. If you want to start dropping some weight I would add cardio if not already doing it. That way you are helping your heart, and your lipids while still eating enough to grow some muscle while you are losing fat. If already doing cardio then increase it, or cut some calories I would look somewhere toward 300-500 cals a day between the additional cardio and food deficit.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My first cycle I took 420mg of test cyp a week for 8 weeks while cutting and I lost fat while retaining and probably adding muscle with no issues. This is my second cycle and I’ve been taking 600mg a week for 4 weeks now. I’ve been eating at a calorie deficit and my weight has hovered at 250lbs since I started with no notable fat loss. I have gotten stronger and most people notice good addition to my size however my skin fold measurements aren’t going down. Could this be water retention and/or fat gain from aromatization? Would taking an AI or SERM help?
If your weight isint dropping your not eating in a defict, also i dont know what kind of condition your in but if your over like 12-13% bf or your abs are no longer visible then your bf is too high to worry about water. If for some reason you are holding a lot of water look into a ARB

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also rember, steroids Make gaining weight easier and they make losing weight a little bit harder. Their main purpose is to hold on to mass But they're also partitioning the nutrients from your food way better.