TinyGuy (Nick's) Prohormone winter bulk journey - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

TinyGuy (Nick's) Prohormone winter bulk journey

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Wasn't feeling absolutely 100% but i still hit 275 x 3, then a set of 2. considering how i felt this went really good. Not going to be deadlifting heavy on the same day as squatting heavy anymore. Did some practice pulls with 135 after this too, bodyweight is 217 almost done with this cycle. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPd3Tovoi4&feature=yo utu.be
    How much time is left on the cycle?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    How much time is left on the cycle?
    Technically 5 days but i am thinking about running it longer to be honest i am starting to see results right now, carbopol does slow down the PH and half life and my guess was right the company made them like that so you can run it longer without harsh sides of all the ph's hitting at once. If this stuff didn't have carbopol in it i would be losing my mind probably 2-3 weeks in haha. Going to see if i can nab another bottle!

I am training back today as well, gonna add some weight to my chins
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hell yeah dude . Snatch up another bottle and extend yor cycle longer. You look like your running strong. And your weighing 217??? Monster!!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones View Post
    Hell yeah dude . Snatch up another bottle and extend yor cycle longer. You look like your running strong. And your weighing 217??? Monster!!
    I have one coming! Hope it gets here before thursday, i am 216 today but dude i am getting lean this is crazy.

Did Weighted Chins, T-Bar Rows and Barbell Shrugs today
    Weighted Chins: +15 x 6, +20 x 6, +25 x 5, +30 x 5. +20-30 are PR's never been this strong on chins, on my bw warm up i was pulling the bar below my chest!
    Heavy T-Bar Row: 3p x 5, 4p x 5(smaller rom but controlled) 3p25 x 5, 3p x 5
    Barbell Shrugs: 295 x 10, 10

Got videos of the t bar and chins will get it up later of my top sets
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice, the log extends!
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I forgot to add i did some weighted leg raises on those towers that you support yourself by your elbows. I don't let my legs go all the way down.
    Leg Raises 10lb Dumbbell held with feet x 8 x 3 sets
    Cable Rope Crunches: 80 x 8, 100 x 8 Was really surprised how strong i was on all these. Really want to improve my lifts and everyone says make sure you hammer that core hard!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Starting to make some better videos for you all
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

F**kn cool! It's like I'm there in the gym. Your doing great , I love the weighted pull ups. You gave me some new ideas & great choice of music btw!!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWkulJGBhQc Starting to make some better videos for you all
    You videos are killer! Is there ever anyone at your gym? Not sure if I asked you this but how do you edit your videos? I have an iPhone and didn't know if there was a good app or what?
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

F**kn cool! It's like I'm there in the gym. Your doing great , I love the weighted pull ups. You gave me some new ideas & great choice of music btw!!
    Thanks!! I tried to make it to the best of my ability, i should of faded the music in at the beginning. I could start doing different angles too, i have lots of ideas. Glad you like it!

You videos are killer! Is there ever anyone at your gym? Not sure if I asked you this but how do you edit your videos? I have an iPhone and didn't know if there was a good app or what?
    Dude thanks! Yeah it depends on the time but 90% of the time it's almost empty when i go train, i edit my videos with the windows live movie maker. I am learning more and more how to use it, pretty simple but i like it!

Was supposed to do incline but i felt like i could kill flat bench again. Ended up hitting a **** ton of PR's i guess i should just focus on the movement i want to improve on!

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Congrats on the PR! You killed it
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Appreciate it man, i am gonna rest up now and see how my elbows feel. I need to be careful with my back training, maybe 1 heavy movement but not going to do 2 anymore. If it's wrecking my joints then it is MORE than enough for my muscles!!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Appreciate it man, i am gonna rest up now and see how my elbows feel. I need to be careful with my back training, maybe 1 heavy movement but not going to do 2 anymore. If it's wrecking my joints then it is MORE than enough for my muscles!!
    I'm using Formutech's Flexible and it's awesome!
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I'm using Formutech's Flexible and it's awesome!
    I am gonna look into that, i took 6g enteric coated fish oil yesterday and today. Well have to see how it goes!

Today was the good and much needed rest day, i feel a ton better already today. Joints feel 2x better, tomorrow i am going for 275 x 5 on squats. If i smoke it easy i'll go for a 2nd set as well
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Hope you get it! Glad the joints are feeling better.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Interesting...I was taking fish oil but now, started taking krill oil but only 2g e/d. Does 5g really make a difference in the joints?
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Interesting...I was taking fish oil but now, started taking krill oil but only 2g e/d. Does 5g really make a difference in the joints?
    I don't really know but a buddy of mine who olympic lifts recommended it to me and i have never dosed it that high, i do notice a slight decrease in soreness though as long as i take it all post workout with high glycemic carbs (insulin is a storage hormone) so it shuttles all that where it needs to go in theory.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I'll let the video do the talking double rep PR.

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Nice congrats man! I saw in your gym the D for the tigers on the wall. Are you by Detroit?
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Nice congrats man! I saw in your gym the D for the tigers on the wall. Are you by Detroit?
    Sure am, about 15 minutes north of it. Thanks!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Sure am, about 15 minutes north of it. Thanks!
    Just curious, I'm in northern Indiana, real close. Have you ever been to the Arnold?
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Just curious, I'm in northern Indiana, real close. Have you ever been to the Arnold?
    Was actually there last year, thinking about going this year too possibly with my work DBC!
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Wow morning weight today is 221-222!! Goal obtained

On the contrary i am STARVING my appetite is freaking crazy right now. Only means one thing = i am about to grow like a MOFO! Deadlifts later, video coming
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

First day using over/under grip for deadlift, i am right at where i was back when i was 250lbs and deadlifted 415 x 5 touch and go with straps. I could probably hit 405 for 1 so i am right in the same territory. Grip felt really good i am aiming for 365-375 x 3-5 next session

25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Nice pulls.... Ya animal !!!!
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Nice pulls.... Ya animal !!!!
    Thank you, bones! I made the mistake of trying to train today after those, horrible idea i am going to always have the day after deadlifts off. I need the recovery!! I did hit 210 x 3 on bench for a 1 rep PR but i felt like **** and couldn't get tight worth a damn so i backed off did a light set and left. I just got up from a nap and already feel way better. Gonna take tomorrow off and maybe squat sunday!
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Congrats on the PR as well.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Congrats on the PR as well.
    Thanks i wouldn't even consider it a PR to be honest even though it is. Didn't do any vids today but gonna take tomorrow off and if i feel good to go i am squatting sunday.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Well today was a rest day and it is definitely needed, might shuffle my rest day to after deadlift day and structure my training rotation as follows:

Day 1: Squat pyramid up to a target set of 3-5 reps, this has been working very well to my squat. 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump after warm up
    Day 2: Bench pyramid up to a target set of 5 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump
    Day 3: Deadlift pyramid up to a target set of 3-5 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump after warm up
    Day 4: OFF
    Day 5: Repeat OR off if needed

Since i'll be using pretty low volume my main focus is hitting those top sets and racking up gains every workout. I liked the base layout of 5x5 stronglifts but i simply could not make progress on the lifts by doing them all in one day so i just broke them into their own day, technique will always improve but i feel really comfortable with my lifts. I seem to respond well to low volume with more frequency so far. Going to keep milking what i can get out of this. I added the jumping to practice explosiveness, all i hear are great things they do for squats/deads so i figured i would throw them in there. Plus everyone in the gym gets to see a 220lb dude almost hit his head on the ceiling haha

Current Goals
    Squat: 315 x 5
    Bench: 225 x 5
    Deadlift: 405 x 5

I'll probably hit these numbers about 1 month from now. Yes you can hold me accountable for that. I am going for it!
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Hit this PR today it was really fought for, definitely didn't feel as quick as i normally did on warm ups. I decided i would go for it and i got it! Longest set of my damn life though, it's my secret shhhhhh that's how i build my core up just standing there forever with the weight definitely has improved my upper back strength. Tried some pause squats too man these are awesome!

I am beginning a deload since it is the end of the month and i have made some really good progress. I am going to do a training cycle of deload then a day off and hit it hard after that again.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Ok guys sorry for the lack of updates, i started training with a powerlifter in my area and we are doing some stuff i have never done. We squat every day up to a single that is 5lbs heavier than the day before with a safety squat bar. I am right around 200lbs so far but this is some crazy stuff. We also do a vertical leg press after to "flush" the muscle, 50 reps with 200lbs, it sucks ass man. I am wiped out but i am gonna give it about 1 month with him. This guy is strong as hell so there has to be something to it. I can't do any videos since he likes keeping his gym private which i can't blame him. I am gonna do a summary on my cycle later, all in all i made some great progress on it and am definitely happy with how it went.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Very cool man, update when you can. That routine looks real intense
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Ok big update, i got my hands on another bottle of the ph i was running, am gonna do 2 more weeks at 2 caps per day.

Talked with the guy i am training with about my recent success with my 1 top set of 5 and he is going to let me do my thing and he is gonna do his. I am not ready for his type of training i think i need to stick with basic training before i get to that. I am taking the next 3 days completely off since this week was supposed to be a deload anyways. I am looking to smash 295 next sunday on squats. It is going down! be ready for it!
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Awesome glad you got another bottle
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

So today i did squats and used my boots which ironically have a .75" elevated heel which is just like the olympic weightlifting shoes. I worked up to 275 x 2 which felt good but slightly awkward since i am not used to being so vertical. Backed off to 245 x 5 which was surprisingly difficult. My quads got torn up from it that is for sure! Then i did 3 sets of 3 reps paused with 185, got as low as i could while staying tight. The elevated heel really really challenged my quads today, i am going to stick with training in my boots for a while. My chucks feel good flat but the problem is i feel they have no lateral stability. They tend to roll when i push out to the side as the boots i use that would be impossible. Feel super stable with them.

I did a side by side comparison via video to see how my shin angle and torso looked,
    With heel = body center is farther back, Decreased shin/ankle angle more upright torso as well and increased depth way more knee flexion.
    Without heel = Body center is forward, increased shin/ankle angle more bent over torso

Felt like i was not as strong with the heel but that is a good thing i am going to work on that, Hips are never the issue
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

2/8/14
    Bench 185 x 5 x 5 - working back up from the deload, next session adding 5lbs. I am not gonna go crazy this time and let myself adapt
    Pause DB Bench: 80s x 5 (did this as an accessory and i haven't done these in forever nice challenging set to finish it off)
    Insane pump this day from the bench, reps were really good too.

2/9/14 Deadlift/Back - BW @ 223Lbs Grip felt incredible today, bar moved slow as hell too i shouldn't ever have an issue with grip. could of dbl overhanded 335!
    Deadlifts: 365 x 4, 335 x 5. Sticking with 365 next session aiming for 2 sets of 5, realistically should see at least 365 x 5 then 3 on second set.
    Dead-Stop T-Bar Row: 3p10 x 6,6,6 (Next session aiming for 3 sets of 8)
    Chins: BW x 3 sets of 8. Aiming for 10 reps next session
    Band Face Pull: 3 sets of 10

As you can see i am lowering my progression jumps this time for the sake of consistency. Adding 10lbs per session is fun but the problem is that i quickly stalled, this time i am just going to add some slight volume every session until i hit my goal which for big lifts is 5 reps and accessory is 12 reps, once i hit all sets to those reps i will increase the weight 10lbs. Same goes for squats as well. This may look like a step back but it really isn't because i am doing more volume, i have never done 185 x 5 sets of 5 on bench! The small increments should equate to big monthly progress and without a doubt add a lot of muscle mass. First time i have actually felt BIG at 223lbs, like pumped up today i was pleasantly surprised haha
    Squat i am aiming for 3 sets of 5
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

2/11/14
    Squats With Heel: 255 x 3 sets of 5 reps, 185 x 3 sets of 8 reps (from now on i am using elevated heel for my sets of 8 to build my quads and strength from the bottom, i am way stronger flat shoed and i want to get everything i can out of it)
    Romanian Deads: 135 x 3 sets of 8

2/12/14
    Flat Bench: 190 x 5 sets of 5 - finding my groove getting better and without a doubt growing from the volume. 195 x 5 x 5 next session
    Incline Bench: 135 x 8, 145 x 8, 155 x 8. Goal next session is 3 sets of 145 x 8

As you can see my progressions are smaller now but i am guaranteeing long term progress this way, today i wanted to do 195 on bench but i didn't. Biggest issue with getting stronger is ego, adding 5lbs may not feel like a lot and it shouldn't, making huge jumps is a sure fire way to burn out and stall really fast.

I am up to 221lbs today, so far so good i am really really happy with how this is going so far.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

2/11/14
    Squats With Heel: 255 x 3 sets of 5 reps, 185 x 3 sets of 8 reps (from now on i am using elevated heel for my sets of 8 to build my quads and strength from the bottom, i am way stronger flat shoed and i want to get everything i can out of it)
    Romanian Deads: 135 x 3 sets of 8

2/12/14
    Flat Bench: 190 x 5 sets of 5 - finding my groove getting better and without a doubt growing from the volume. 195 x 5 x 5 next session
    Incline Bench: 135 x 8, 145 x 8, 155 x 8. Goal next session is 3 sets of 145 x 8

As you can see my progressions are smaller now but i am guaranteeing long term progress this way, today i wanted to do 195 on bench but i didn't. Biggest issue with getting stronger is ego, adding 5lbs may not feel like a lot and it shouldn't, making huge jumps is a sure fire way to burn out and stall really fast.

I am up to 221lbs today, so far so good i am really really happy with how this is going so far.
    Sup Nick
    Wow , you've been busy since I've been here last, with my back messed up and all.
    Another 2 weeks? Lol f'n nice dude. That's cool your kinda liken those elevated heels. I've heard people get used to them after a while & do some serious good. Yea chucks probly aren't the best to be squatting in lol. I wish I could get some proper lessons in back lifting. Keep kill'n , you monster!
    Thanks for following my log , my first dose today.... Ahhhh.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Sup Nick
    Wow , you've been busy since I've been here last, with my back messed up and all.
    Another 2 weeks? Lol f'n nice dude. That's cool your kinda liken those elevated heels. I've heard people get used to them after a while & do some serious good. Yea chucks probly aren't the best to be squatting in lol. I wish I could get some proper lessons in back lifting. Keep kill'n , you monster!
    Thanks for following my log , my first dose today.... Ahhhh.
    Oh yeah man! I actually like the flat soles better but i am going to do my volume work with heels elevated since it will only make me better. Glad your back is doing better too, i am deadlifting today i am amp'd!!
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Deadlift Day 2/13/14 BW @ 224Lbs
    Deadlift: 365 x 5, had some pain in hip after so didn't get a 2nd set Speed on warmups and grip were EXCELLENT. 315 moved FAST man with a double overhand grip!
    T-Bar Row: 3p10 x 8,8,8. Adding 5lbs next session and aiming for 3 sets of 6
    Chins: BW x 10,10,9. Missed 1 DAMN REP! oh well aiming for 3 sets of 10 next workout, bodyweight is moving up so this should be good.
    Face Pulls with Rope: 40 x 12,12,12 might add 5lbs next session.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Winter Bulk Time! Cycle plan
    By bpmartyr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 01:21 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
  3. SD\Max LMG Winter Bulk!!!
    By tanto in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 09:25 AM
  4. The annual winter bulk