TinyGuy (Nick's) Prohormone winter bulk journey

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
A lot of good advice there. I hope some newbs watch & learn, instead of talking sh*t about things they don't know.
Keep killing dude!
Yeah man it gets annoying, people over at ology with 50 posts or less trying to act like they know everything. Sigh, well hopefully someone learns something!
Epistane and Methylclostebol are the only 17a PH's so i am safe

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Yeah man it gets annoying, people over at ology with 50 posts or less trying to act like they know everything. Sigh, well hopefully someone learns something! Epistane and Methylclostebol are the only 17a PH's so i am safe
Where's ology? What forum is that?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I am taking an unplanned rest day today, my legs are still sore as crap and tight. I don't think it will do me any good to try 165x10x10 today, tomorrow i will go for it! My lower back is still really sore too just doesn't seem too smart to go hammer it today. I wonder if i am experiencing "back pumps"?

BW today is 214Lbs

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
well couldn't help myself measured my legs just because i feel like i am chaffing more than usual LOL, 26.5"! God dang this is crazy wasn't expecting these gains to pop up! Amp'd as hell to squat tomorrow! 165 HERE I COME

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Well today i actually felt REALLY good, i didn't want to go so light so i adjusted todays session to 10 sets of 5, WOW my form was wayyy better. I felt really in control of all the weights i used, Chest extremely upright, back arched/lats contracted tight as Sh*t! 10x5 feels extremely good compared to 10x10 that just exhausted me, i feel like i actually improved today with my strength/form. Last set looked just like the first IF not better. 205 x 10 sets of 4 next week!

[video=youtube;Yi6FGOuL1E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6FGOuL1E4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Today was back day, i felt really good this morning despite not really getting enough sleep so i decided to train.
Back BW @ Workout time was 215Lbs, this morning 214.
Chin Ups: BW x 10 sets of 6 reps with 90 Seconds rest.
Barbell Shrugs with straps: 205 x 25,20 Gonna use straps on these for now once my grip goes, could get soo much more trap development with straps.
Body Rows, Did these hanging from the pull up station i looked like a monkey and were a lot harder than i thought after all those chins 2 Sets of 10 reps

Good session today, i tried the new 1mr vortex. It was alright but it made me feel light headed and almost nauseous. I usually use undisputed cause it's like an intense focus but solid energy. I am about halfway through my cycle and i would say it is pretty good so far, it seems like it is kicking in slower than i thought. I am wondering if the carbopol in it has something to do with it. I mean if the prohormone has been "designed" so to speak to have a certain half life, Wouldn't altering that affect the potency and effects?? Not 100% sure but it's just a theory i came up with.

Am super happy with chins i was able to get 10 sets of 6 reps clean, no doubt this will put some serious mass on my lats/bi's since ihave always gotten that effect even from assisted chins. Joints felt good too!

Approx. 2 Week Cycle Summary

I have experienced some slight strength gains, i started this cycle off with some pretty high training volume and now that i am ramping up the intensity i am without a doubt breaking some previous boundaries work capacity wise. I feel pretty good have experienced some slight mood swinging which i am guessing is from trenavar since i have never used it before. Epi has always made me feel amazing like super alpha, i am noticing some increase in aggressiveness and slightly less tolerance to people. Weight is up about 7Lbs and i am probably with the same maybe a tiny bit less bodyfat. So far so good, gonna keep on rollin' and finish super strong. Got some numbers left to hit with all my lifts. I consider my chins goal achieved, 10x5 with 10lbs would be next...

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
YES!! First heavy incline work in a long time i broke my previous record, 185 x 4 then i tried bringing my grip in which was stupid and only got 2 reps, dropped from there and hit 175 x 6 pretty easily.
Floor Press drastically improved getting better at it hit 165 x 5 paused on floor easy which this is my sticking point.
Lying tricep extensions some light pump work 35 x 10. 45 x 10. 55 x 10, really slow.
Bodyweight is 209 today but holy crap i am tightening up out of no where!!

I used the old pyramid template today for my pressing and i feel it works a lot better for me and lets me hit a solid daily max/possible PR without feeling destroyed.

Video up later!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
[video=youtube;hN8765UU6jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN8765UU6jc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
:) not bad dude .
Nice vid
Spotter was pretty funny.
Thanks guys, i had to edit that in i laughed when i watched it. I want to hit 205, i think i could hit it 1 rep but gonna wait until i get 185 x 5 or maybe 2 sets of 5.

Today is a rest day, tomorrow is squat day!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Crushed 265 x 5 today on squats for a PR!! Form just keeps getting better and better, my upper/lower back is LOCKED in now. I just need to get more tension through my legs now and the only thing moving will be the bar!!
Hit 315 x 5 on deadlifts for 1 set after as well. Double overhand :) Going to go for 325 the workout after my next squat session. give myself about 8-10 days between deads.
BW @ 215

[video=youtube;TnriRr64bFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnriRr64bFo[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Did some Back today body weight at 213Lbs
Chins: BW x 6,8,10,12,12,10 Tried a pyramid style rep scheme. Pretty much hit the same reps as last workout with 4 less sets.
Barbell Shrugs w/straps: 275 x 20, failure, failure. The 2 sets to failure were COMPLETE failure like i couldn't even shrug at all anymore. sore as ****!!
Body Weight Rows: 2 sets to failure

This simple session was killer, considering i deadlifted yesterday i figured this would be all i need and i may even consider taking a day off after a squat AND deadlift session. Legs feel pretty good today no soreness yet, but we will see how tomorrow goes...

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol ...sounds like you kicked your own ass today. The numbers on the shrugs were crazy dude! How much longer on cycle you got left?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Lol ...sounds like you kicked your own ass today. The numbers on the shrugs were crazy dude! How much longer on cycle you got left?
Oh yea & congrats on your new PR on squats. Nice job Nick:)
I think i am like 1-1.5 weeks left, to be honest right now i am just starting to see some visual result. My body has without a doubt grown, i think i would of been better suited with methylsten or something along those lines. Next cycle will be a straight bulk huge strength at all cost setup with me being in straight gluttony the entire time haha. Man straps on shrugs made it so much easier, i had literally 2x the reps in me! 275 was heavy but manageable while 315 just sucked and my range of motion wasn't much so i stayed lighter. I am sore as **** right now! Taking tomorrow off as traps are heavily involved in benching for me and they seem to get pulled or something when i bench because of my arch and pulling my shoulders down super hard.

Thanks!! The PR felt so solid i am not even sore from it either, i am definitely seeing 275 x 5 coming next workout, as long as i take my time warming up.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the last video your chest looked way bigger (stuck out more) even tho you had a shirt on. & dude your not even shaking any more during your squats. I'm no where near your strength but I can totally see your improvement along the way. Killer

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
In the last video your chest looked way bigger (stuck out more) even tho you had a shirt on. & dude your not even shaking any more during your squats. I'm no where near your strength but I can totally see your improvement along the way. Killer
Dude i am locking it in, like i try to squeeze my entire back together like i am doing a pull down squeezing as hard as possible and stick my but out/arch my back is what locks it all together. Thanks for noticing i am without a doubt feeling better on them, and man don't worry about it you will blast past me if you just stay consistent and work hard! I am doing bench today, my goal is 195-205 x 5!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm a few years older than you & past my prime , but still hanging :)
Just got myself a couple bottles of Trenstane.... Gonna start my 2nd cycle ever & first double stack ever here in a few weeks.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm a few years older than you & past my prime , but still hanging :) Just got myself a couple bottles of Trenstane.... Gonna start my 2nd cycle ever & first double stack ever here in a few weeks.
Are you going to log it?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I will follow it too man! This is the first time since i started training i actually understand that the basics work and work really well. Once i get my starting position for deadlift a little better than i am 100% confident i am pretty good for some decent gains in strength.

Hit 195 x 5 and 200 x 4 on bench today!! Both are PR's, i should have saved myself for 200 x 5 i would of gotten it.. Did 2 sets of slow dips then called it a day!
[video=youtube;n80YqFzoVBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n80YqFzoVBg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Congrats on the PR's! There are always more to come, that's the beauty of it.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Congrats on the PR's! There are always more to come, that's the beauty of it.
Thanks man, oh yeah i am gonna milk PR's every session until i hit a wall then deload for a week and try again which will probably break me through it

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
That's a great approach.
So far so good, just figure i would keep it as simple as possible! 275 squat tomorrow is MINE.

Also if i still stall after a deload i am going to switch to 3 sets of 3 and milk that too

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Wasn't feeling absolutely 100% but i still hit 275 x 3, then a set of 2. considering how i felt this went really good. Not going to be deadlifting heavy on the same day as squatting heavy anymore. Did some practice pulls with 135 after this too, bodyweight is 217 :) almost done with this cycle.

[video=youtube;lPPd3Tovoi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPd3Tovoi4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
How much time is left on the cycle?
Technically 5 days but i am thinking about running it longer to be honest i am starting to see results right now, carbopol does slow down the PH and half life and my guess was right the company made them like that so you can run it longer without harsh sides of all the ph's hitting at once. If this stuff didn't have carbopol in it i would be losing my mind probably 2-3 weeks in haha. Going to see if i can nab another bottle!

I am training back today as well, gonna add some weight to my chins :)

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hell yeah dude :) . Snatch up another bottle and extend yor cycle longer. You look like your running strong. And your weighing 217??? Monster!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Hell yeah dude :) . Snatch up another bottle and extend yor cycle longer. You look like your running strong. And your weighing 217??? Monster!!
I have one coming! Hope it gets here before thursday, i am 216 today but dude i am getting lean this is crazy.

Did Weighted Chins, T-Bar Rows and Barbell Shrugs today
Weighted Chins: +15 x 6, +20 x 6, +25 x 5, +30 x 5. +20-30 are PR's never been this strong on chins, on my bw warm up i was pulling the bar below my chest!
Heavy T-Bar Row: 3p x 5, 4p x 5(smaller rom but controlled) 3p25 x 5, 3p x 5
Barbell Shrugs: 295 x 10, 10

Got videos of the t bar and chins will get it up later of my top sets :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I forgot to add i did some weighted leg raises on those towers that you support yourself by your elbows. I don't let my legs go all the way down.
Leg Raises 10lb Dumbbell held with feet x 8 x 3 sets
Cable Rope Crunches: 80 x 8, 100 x 8 Was really surprised how strong i was on all these. Really want to improve my lifts and everyone says make sure you hammer that core hard!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
[video=youtube;zWkulJGBhQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWkulJGBhQc[/video]

Starting to make some better videos for you all :)

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
F**kn cool! It's like I'm there in the gym. Your doing great , I love the weighted pull ups. You gave me some new ideas & great choice of music btw!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
F**kn cool! It's like I'm there in the gym. Your doing great , I love the weighted pull ups. You gave me some new ideas & great choice of music btw!!
Thanks!! I tried to make it to the best of my ability, i should of faded the music in at the beginning. I could start doing different angles too, i have lots of ideas. Glad you like it!

You videos are killer! Is there ever anyone at your gym? Not sure if I asked you this but how do you edit your videos? I have an iPhone and didn't know if there was a good app or what?
Dude thanks! Yeah it depends on the time but 90% of the time it's almost empty when i go train, i edit my videos with the windows live movie maker. I am learning more and more how to use it, pretty simple but i like it!

Was supposed to do incline but i felt like i could kill flat bench again. Ended up hitting a **** ton of PR's i guess i should just focus on the movement i want to improve on!

[video=youtube;Zm1ESLbieiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1ESLbieiE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Appreciate it man, i am gonna rest up now and see how my elbows feel. I need to be careful with my back training, maybe 1 heavy movement but not going to do 2 anymore. If it's wrecking my joints then it is MORE than enough for my muscles!!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Appreciate it man, i am gonna rest up now and see how my elbows feel. I need to be careful with my back training, maybe 1 heavy movement but not going to do 2 anymore. If it's wrecking my joints then it is MORE than enough for my muscles!!
I'm using Formutech's Flexible and it's awesome!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'm using Formutech's Flexible and it's awesome!
I am gonna look into that, i took 6g enteric coated fish oil yesterday and today. Well have to see how it goes!

Today was the good and much needed rest day, i feel a ton better already today. Joints feel 2x better, tomorrow i am going for 275 x 5 on squats. If i smoke it easy i'll go for a 2nd set as well :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Hope you get it! Glad the joints are feeling better.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Interesting...I was taking fish oil but now, started taking krill oil but only 2g e/d. Does 5g really make a difference in the joints?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Interesting...I was taking fish oil but now, started taking krill oil but only 2g e/d. Does 5g really make a difference in the joints?
I don't really know but a buddy of mine who olympic lifts recommended it to me and i have never dosed it that high, i do notice a slight decrease in soreness though as long as i take it all post workout with high glycemic carbs (insulin is a storage hormone) so it shuttles all that where it needs to go in theory.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I'll let the video do the talking ;) double rep PR.

[video=youtube;PIRuBWofniI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRuBWofniI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Nice congrats man! I saw in your gym the D for the tigers on the wall. Are you by Detroit?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice congrats man! I saw in your gym the D for the tigers on the wall. Are you by Detroit?
Sure am, about 15 minutes north of it. Thanks!