Metha-drol Extreme cycle log

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Ok, today is the first day of the cycle. Just gonna run it 2 caps for 4 weeks.

I'm coming off of a quick little 5 week cut just to burn some fat so I'm not adding fat on top of fat for my winter bulk. I started at about 203 and got down to 188, today I weighed in at 194. I was eating 2000-2100 cals for most of the cut until last week I ate closer to 3000cals so I wouldn't have to jump from 2k cals to 4k in one week. This is probably why I'm back up to 194. I've been as heavy as 210 and stayed at 205 for a while until I had to move, which always sucks. So if I jump back up to 200 quick, it won't surprise me because last time I cut down to 190 I got back to 200 very quick without using a PH.

I'll be eating 4k cals and adjust accordingly throughout the cycle. I'm aware that superdrol is carb hungry so I'll be eating plenty of carbs.
I'm not gonna go into detail about what I eat every single day because it's gonna be basically the same food every day, unless someone has questions or something like that.

I just started a modified 5x5 program this week as well. Never tried it before and I know it's tried true for building mass and strength.
My main goal for the cycle is size, but I want it to be quality, not straight up dirty bulking cuz I put on fat easily. Strength would be my second goal but not putting a lot of emphasis on it, I know it will come just from eating more. Right now all my lifts are a decent amount weaker than normal because of the cut I was just on.

I don't plan on going into extreme detail on what I worked every day unless I have some PRs or someone has questions.

During the cycle I'll be using Organ Shield, Orange Triad, Xtend, fish oil, and of course protein. No preWO as of now, I haven't used one since July.
PCT will be Nolva 30/20/10/10, DAA, and Erase beginning of week 3.

I hope that wasn't too much crap to sift through I just wanted to give a brief history and explain to everyone where I'm at currently.
Any constructive criticism and questions are welcomed! Keep that negative **** out.
I have high hopes for this cycle since the Bola cycle I ran back in May was completely bunk, no sides and no gains whatsoever.

Day 1
194lb
Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Did legs and felt good.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like 5x5 for intermediate lifters.

Subbed. Sounds like on hell of a ride lol

Also, what program o lifting were you doing before this?

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I like 5x5 for intermediate lifters.

Subbed. Sounds like on hell of a ride lol

Also, what program o lifting were you doing before this?
Thanks man. I was just doing some pyramiding trying to stay heavy during the cut. Some exercises changed every week, but I focused on heavy deads and heavy squats no matter what. I moved from Hawaii to Texas in very beginning of August and wasn't able to get back in the gym consistently until the end of September.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. I was just doing some pyramiding trying to stay heavy during the cut. Some exercises changed every week, but I focused on heavy deads and heavy squats no matter what. I moved from Hawaii to Texas in very beginning of August and wasn't able to get back in the gym consistently until the end of September.
Hehe. Man this forum has a lot of us misplaced Hawaiians lol. I'm working in japan on contract. Originally from Oahu. Moving back next year in July lol.

Texas should have some mean gyms to hit up!!
Not like here in japan... I just work out at home. Got a decent set up. Though my house feels like it's gonna break every time I do a ME deadlift...

Running the 5x5 ATM. Going quite well tbh. Logging it along side my transaderm and white flood logs. :). If you have time check it out.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Wow, small world! I hate that I moved but my wife had to go to school here because she's originally from here. She actually went on deployment to Misawa, Japan.

I hear nothing but good about the 5x5 so I had to give it a shot, glad to hear it's goin good for you man. I'm in a pretty small town so gyms are limited. I use the Air Force base gym, it's the best bet here. There's one Gold's and it's more expensive than Hawaii because there's no competition.
I was actually reading about Transaderm and I'm pretty interested in running it sometime in the future and see how I like a topical. And coincidentally White Flood is probably my favorite pre.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Here are some before pictures. Terrible lighting doesn't compliment me at all lol.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I changed my mind. I figured I'd lay out my lifts for my major exercises for this first week just to give a base on where I started.
Day 1 legs

Back squat
275x5
295x5
305x5
315x5
335x5

Front squat(this is something I've never done on a regular basis, just started last week)
115x5
125x5
135x5
145x5
155x5

Leg press
360x5
450x5
540x5
630x5
720x5

I did some leg extensions but I can't remember what weight it was, nothing special.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, small world! I hate that I moved but my wife had to go to school here because she's originally from here. She actually went on deployment to Misawa, Japan.

I hear nothing but good about the 5x5 so I had to give it a shot, glad to hear it's goin good for you man. I'm in a pretty small town so gyms are limited. I use the Air Force base gym, it's the best bet here. There's one Gold's and it's more expensive than Hawaii because there's no competition.
I was actually reading about Transaderm and I'm pretty interested in running it sometime in the future and see how I like a topical. And coincidentally White Flood is probably my favorite pre.

small world indeed!!

Transaderm is good for strength I feel. water bloat definitely sets in. I hear it helps with libido and lethargy on cycles so theres a though to add it into some cycle that has lethargy or libido probs.

Damn the gym deal sux. I have to work out at home. The gym is about 1.5hrs away (about $25 in gas and parking a trip), and costs around $120 a month. So I work out at home lol.

lets see what metha drol can do for you!! I wanted to run super DMZ. Thinking about halo extreme lol. What cycles have you run?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this. Good luck man!
I can vouch for the transaderm, good stuff.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
nice! will be following
In for this. Good luck man!
I can vouch for the transaderm, good stuff.
Thanks guys, nice to have ya.
small world indeed!!

Transaderm is good for strength I feel. water bloat definitely sets in. I hear it helps with libido and lethargy on cycles so theres a though to add it into some cycle that has lethargy or libido probs.

Damn the gym deal sux. I have to work out at home. The gym is about 1.5hrs away (about $25 in gas and parking a trip), and costs around $120 a month. So I work out at home lol.

lets see what metha drol can do for you!! I wanted to run super DMZ. Thinking about halo extreme lol. What cycles have you run?
When you get close to Dallas there are gyms everywhere. I've never worked out at home, it would def take some gettin used to. It'd be nice to not have to worry about any ridiculous rules though. And I'd probably be workin out in my boxers, haha!

I've read some good things about Super DMZ and Iron Mag Labs in general so I'm reeeeally looking forward to this cycle. I've run Hdrol, a couple of Pmag cycles, and Boladrol. Like I said, the Bola cycle was a huge disappointment. Either I got a bad batch or I just straight up don't respond at all to that particular compound. I ran it as high as 12mgs and felt absolutely nothing, also checked my BP and it was completely normal. Loved the Pmag though.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would run the transderm, will help a ton with lethargy and you can run it for an extra week after the cycle to help solidify gains if you feel it is necessary. For 4 weeks though I would double the dose to 10 pumps, I am doing that with Trenazone and it really helps a lot.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I would run the transderm, will help a ton with lethargy and you can run it for an extra week after the cycle to help solidify gains if you feel it is necessary. For 4 weeks though I would double the dose to 10 pumps, I am doing that with Trenazone and it really helps a lot.
I had someone else suggest that to me which is actually why I started looking into it in the first place. My problem is that I'm strapped for cash at the moment and I haven't done a ton of research about it and wasn't sure if it would be good to add in with this triple stack I'm running.

I'm about to take my 2nd cap and head to the gym, I'll update when I get back.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had someone else suggest that to me which is actually why I started looking into it in the first place. My problem is that I'm strapped for cash at the moment and I haven't done a ton of research about it and wasn't sure if it would be good to add in with this triple stack I'm running.

I'm about to take my 2nd cap and head to the gym, I'll update when I get back.
Hit the gym hard!!

Oh yea, and working out at home.... SUX

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can just get a bottle of 50mg DHEA and take 100-200mgs a day, it is a cheap solution but it won't be the same. I know about being strapped for cash that is why DHEA pills is a great option since you should be able to get enough for 4 weeks for $15 whereas Transderm is $40.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can just get a bottle of 50mg DHEA and take 100-200mgs a day, it is a cheap solution but it won't be the same. I know about being strapped for cash that is why DHEA pills is a great option since you should be able to get enough for 4 weeks for $15 whereas Transderm is $40.
So you get some energy out of these? Anything else you notice that's worth buying them? Always been tempted...

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I've taken DHEA before but never had lethargy bad enough to notice it helping if that makes sense. I kinda forgot about it, thanks for the advice dude!

Day 2

Weighed in at 195, +1 from start.
Still don't feel anything or any difference.
Basically just getting used to this 5x5 workout. It's hard to abandon your normal routine and just go all out on something completely new.
Like I said before I'm doing a modified version of this workout.

Today was deadlift and military press and added in light shoulder raises. Nothing special today.
Deads
225x5
275x5
295x5
315x5
335x5

Military
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5
185x5

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've taken DHEA before but never had lethargy bad enough to notice it helping if that makes sense. I kinda forgot about it, thanks for the advice dude!

Day 2

Weighed in at 195, +1 from start.
Still don't feel anything or any difference.
Basically just getting used to this 5x5 workout. It's hard to abandon your normal routine and just go all out on something completely new.
Like I said before I'm doing a modified version of this workout.

Today was deadlift and military press and added in light shoulder raises. Nothing special today.
Deads
225x5
275x5
295x5
315x5
335x5

Military
115x5
135x5
155x5
165x5
185x5
Strong lifts man!!

5x5 is a good strength/mass program IMO. Youll do fine. WHat kind of modifications did you make?

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Strong lifts man!!

5x5 is a good strength/mass program IMO. Youll do fine. WHat kind of modifications did you make?
Thanks man!

I came across a few different layouts for the 5x5 and didn't like any specific one. I don't think there's any way my mind would let me only work out 3 days a week, especially if I'm all alpha and pumped up from this MDE. I came across a 4 day layout but it didn't include deadlifts, leg presses, or military presses. Those are 3 exercises that I'm simply just not going to skip. Wednesday was supposed to be the off day but I added deads and military on that day as you can see. M and Th are upper body and Tu and F are lower body.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man!

I came across a few different layouts for the 5x5 and didn't like any specific one. I don't think there's any way my mind would let me only work out 3 days a week, especially if I'm all alpha and pumped up from this MDE. I came across a 4 day layout but it didn't include deadlifts, leg presses, or military presses. Those are 3 exercises that I'm simply just not going to skip. Wednesday was supposed to be the off day but I added deads and military on that day as you can see. M and Th are upper body and Tu and F are lower body.
I think the 5x5 is good for someone either on a cal surplus, or on some PH/DS. Other than that if you tried to keep the progress up you'd burn out way to fast. My modified workout has the 5x5 on 3 days a week, then Ill add in 1-2 days of weightlifting/dynamic movements.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you get some energy out of these? Anything else you notice that's worth buying them? Always been tempted...
Well transderm and dermacrine both have DHEA and Preg in them, same amounts mind you, and that does help with lethargy and some other sides since you are providing a way for your body to still produce test, to a lesser degree like injectible test (just your levels will never be that high unless you were to use trandermal 4-AD which you can't get). The best way I can put it is you don't feel that much different when using the DHEA based transdermals when on harsh cycles then when you do off, to me that is worth the money if you can spare it. Some of the methylated compounds are not fun for some people so this can be an advantage. Also, my appetite has never gone away which many complain about on DMZ and Superdrol.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 3
Weighed in at 195.5
Definitely felt the irritability kick in today and was having slight little headaches off and on most of the day. No noticeable strength gains yet. My arms are getting back up to size but I'm pretty sure it's because of the calorie jump the past two weeks and not the MDE. No pumps yet either.

Today kind of threw me off because I started a new job today and didn't know I was going to be working today. I went in for in-processing and afterwards they told me to go to work. Ha, surprise! So unfortunately I had to stop and grab Subway before I went over there and I had a footlong whole wheat with double chicken, no cheese. I had a 40g protein drink while I was at work too. So I didn't get as much as I normally but I got in some decent calories considering my situation.

Flat Bench (I consider this one of my weak points, as of right now anyways.)
185x5
205x5
225x5
235x5
245x5

Reverse Grip bent over rows, strict form, no bouncing(another weak point and trying to focus on)
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5

barbell curls(again, something I used to be much stronger at, another casualty of cutting lol)
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
105x5

Skull crushers, ez bar
75x5
95x5
105x5
110x5
115x5

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious, I'm sure you've already said this, but how do you like doing 5x5 as opposed to higher volume training, in terms of size gain? I have honestly never done a 5x5 before but was thinking about switching it up.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I feel for you on the lack of calories thing. I start getting cranky when I'm hungry. Sucks not being able to eat.

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
In for your log myman. curious to see what this stuff does for you.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, I'm sure you've already said this, but how do you like doing 5x5 as opposed to higher volume training, in terms of size gain? I have honestly never done a 5x5 before but was thinking about switching it up.
Well this is only my first week on it so I can't really speak for any size yet. I'm really interested to see how it goes especially while on this cycle.
My mind is always thinking about eating. One, because I love eating, and two, because I hate to think about not getting enough calories to grow. lol

In for your log myman. curious to see what this stuff does for you.
Nice to have ya man!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I'm hungry. I wish I didn't hold water like a sponge though. :(

Fats and protein all the way for me. Lol.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice weights you are moving man, your strong that is for sure. I imagine when you step on the scale after the first week 3-5 pounds will be gained, more than half water but by the end of week 2, it will start to be more and more muscle. Keeping eating and lifting hard, I am sure this 5x5 routine will net some excellent gains. It is more than likely what I am going to do in PCT. As long as you are eating clean it will be fine. Focus on increasing protein and healthy fats more than carbs though, the insulin spike from the carbs will cause lethargy and make you overeat carbs. I find my best cycle results are when carbs are centered almost entirely around my workouts and they rarely go above 200 grams a day average with a carb up day factored in each week. It is not for everyone but I can tell you if you want to feed the increased nitrogen retention and protein synthesis from the Methadrol Extreme, protein is what you should feed it.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3
Weighed in at 195.5
Definitely felt the irritability kick in today and was having slight little headaches off and on most of the day. No noticeable strength gains yet. My arms are getting back up to size but I'm pretty sure it's because of the calorie jump the past two weeks and not the MDE. No pumps yet either.

Today kind of threw me off because I started a new job today and didn't know I was going to be working today. I went in for in-processing and afterwards they told me to go to work. Ha, surprise! So unfortunately I had to stop and grab Subway before I went over there and I had a footlong whole wheat with double chicken, no cheese. I had a 40g protein drink while I was at work too. So I didn't get as much as I normally but I got in some decent calories considering my situation.

Flat Bench (I consider this one of my weak points, as of right now anyways.)
185x5
205x5
225x5
235x5
245x5

Reverse Grip bent over rows, strict form, no bouncing(another weak point and trying to focus on)
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5

barbell curls(again, something I used to be much stronger at, another casualty of cutting lol)
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
105x5

Skull crushers, ez bar
75x5
95x5
105x5
110x5
115x5
For bench to be a weak point.. man thats some good numbers dude!

Nice workout. Curls strong too... damn... Im just not very strong... lol.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Nice weights you are moving man, your strong that is for sure. I imagine when you step on the scale after the first week 3-5 pounds will be gained, more than half water but by the end of week 2, it will start to be more and more muscle. Keeping eating and lifting hard, I am sure this 5x5 routine will net some excellent gains. It is more than likely what I am going to do in PCT. As long as you are eating clean it will be fine. Focus on increasing protein and healthy fats more than carbs though, the insulin spike from the carbs will cause lethargy and make you overeat carbs. I find my best cycle results are when carbs are centered almost entirely around my workouts and they rarely go above 200 grams a day average with a carb up day factored in each week. It is not for everyone but I can tell you if you want to feed the increased nitrogen retention and protein synthesis from the Methadrol Extreme, protein is what you should feed it.
Thanks a lot for the compliments, and thanks a lot for the advice! I like hearing different opinions from different people, because I am completely aware that what may work for most doesn't always work for everyone. I guess I was going by most things I've read about superdrol being carb hungry. I've been doing a really good job of keeping mostly all my carbs early in the day and right before my workout I eat a lot of WW pasta and chicken. I work out in the evenings and the only carbs I get afterwards is from the brown rice I eat immediately post workout. After that it's only fats and protein. I recently fell in love with almond milk, it's amazing.

For bench to be a weak point.. man thats some good numbers dude!

Nice workout. Curls strong too... damn... Im just not very strong... lol.
Thanks a lot man!! I guess I should be clear that when I say weak I mean in relation to what I've lifted in the past. The thing is that I fully accepted the fact that I was going to lose strength while cutting, but I guess maybe I didn't embrace it well, lol! And another thing that I'm proud of is that I'm making a huge effort to make my lifts strict in form as opposed to just goin all out just to throw up weight to be able to say I benched 315, blah blah blah. I want to make the reps count...

Ok guys, finishing up my pasta and chicken, gonna pop another cap and tear the gym down. I'll report back!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you on the strength man. I lost a lot of strength cutting for like a year... Got some back but I'm back to the cutting phase again.. Top end for me is bad. I can push volume well, but force output is low for me lol.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 4
194lbs.

Ok first I have to tell you guys that I got zero sleep last night, literally. The new job I started has me showing up at 4am, which I'm definitely not used to. So last night I made a bunch of food to bring to work and went to bed but just couldn't fall asleep. I normally fall asleep around 2 or 3am so you can see the problem there. So as of right now, I've been awake since 11am Thursday. Obviously this is horrible for recovery which I'm sure is why I dropped a pound.
Nonetheless, I got in a workout today anyways.

Today I had no headaches like yesterday. I also had no irritability which is weird because the combination of no sleep and MDE should make me a cranky bastard. I checked my BP and it was great as usual.

I did squats today and I didn't really feel alpha but I felt more confident in my reps and just knew I could do it, if that makes sense. Despite no sleep I got 345x5 on my 5th set which is 10lbs better than last leg day.
Also did leg press and nothing special there, I knew I shouldn't push myself too hard. Went up to 720x5 same as last leg day.

I actually felt pretty good today as far as the PH goes, like I said, no headaches or irritability. This whole sleep thing won't be a regular problem, first day just sucks. Next week I should be fine and getting plenty of rest. I work tomorrow but don't have to go in until 9:30.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
I hear you on the strength man. I lost a lot of strength cutting for like a year... Got some back but I'm back to the cutting phase again.. Top end for me is bad. I can push volume well, but force output is low for me lol.
It sucks man, it's like a mind game. My stamina was complete garbage the whole time I was cutting and I think it's slowly coming back with this 5x5.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 and 6 nothing to report. I don't work out weekends unless I missed a week day. I use the scale at the gym so no weight measurement.

Day 7
198lbs. +4 from day 1

Today felt great! Still no more headaches and no sides at all. BP was great too.

My buddy said I look huge today, but he hasn't seen me since last wednesday I believe. I measured my arms and they're back up to 17in which is where they normally are off cycle and not cutting. The biggest I've measured the was 17.25 on my first pmag cycle. They were down to 16.5 during the cut.
Quads are getting bigger as well. Today they measured 25.5. During the cut they were just under 25. The biggest I've measured them is about 26, maybe a little over. That was when I was repping 405 on squats for 5-7 and leg pressing 1250lbs for 2-3. My lifts are nowhere near there right now lol. Plus, I'm doing the 5x5 and not trying to max soooo yeah.

With all that being said, I think these size gains are mostly because of the calorie increase over the past two weeks and the fact that I'm normally about that size. I'll be impressed when/if I get bigger than the previous measurements I mentioned.

The workout felt great, I haven't felt this strong in months! Today was bench, bent over rows, barbell curls, and skull crushers. Everything went up about 5 lbs. or more. Nothing spectacular to mention. I'm still not near any of my previous maxes but I'm slowly getting there. I have to remind myself that I'm doing a different workout and not going for maxes, my main goal is size right now.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 lb gain and every thing going up 5lbs is some great new my friend lol.

Looks like this cycle is going to be good ;)

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
4 lb gain and every thing going up 5lbs is some great new my friend lol.

Looks like this cycle is going to be good ;)
Thanks a lot man! I just don't wanna hype things up too much so soon. Hopefully things will continue to progress nicely. Your log is looking really good bro. Sorry I haven't been over there much, I peek in on the progress here and there and it's looking good! With this new job I'm still trying to get used to waking up at 330am so I'm trying to get in as much as sleep as possible, make all my 'next day' meals in advance, stuff my face, and still keep my log going with updates, lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a lot man! I just don't wanna hype things up too much so soon. Hopefully things will continue to progress nicely. Your log is looking really good bro. Sorry I haven't been over there much, I peek in on the progress here and there and it's looking good! With this new job I'm still trying to get used to waking up at 330am so I'm trying to get in as much as sleep as possible, make all my 'next day' meals in advance, stuff my face, and still keep my log going with updates, lol.
Brah I know it's rough... cooking is probably the most important part of this whole thing lol.

330AM? Good god... haha, well good job in keeping us updated in your progress!

cardiobro

cardiobro

Awards
looks good. pumps are incredible right? Lethargy/bad libido hit me about 2 weeks in i think. Hopefully u dont hit those issues

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 8
197 down 1 lb. from yesterday for some reason. I can't wait to adjust to this schedule cuz right now I'm dying, I'm so tired. My workouts are still getting better and stronger though. If I had a full nights sleep every night this would be ridiculous.
Today was pretty crazy. My lifts are going up fast for legs. I kind of expected this until I reach what I was maxing before.

Squats I went up to 365x5
Leg presses i went to 990x5
Front squats went up to 185x5

I do feel more pumped than usual but nothing too crazy yet. Muscles feel a lot harder than usual and I noticed I'm a little more vascular. I'm not getting sore anymore either. Still no sides. I did notice today that I wasn't as hungry and it was harder to put down all the food I normally do. This may have something to do with the lack of sleep too, not sure though. Luckily I have tomorrow off so I'm gonna sleep my ass off. I'm delirious right now, lol, gonna crash out!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8
197 down 1 lb. from yesterday for some reason. I can't wait to adjust to this schedule cuz right now I'm dying, I'm so tired. My workouts are still getting better and stronger though. If I had a full nights sleep every night this would be ridiculous.
Today was pretty crazy. My lifts are going up fast for legs. I kind of expected this until I reach what I was maxing before.

Squats I went up to 365x5
Leg presses i went to 990x5
Front squats went up to 185x5

I do feel more pumped than usual but nothing too crazy yet. Muscles feel a lot harder than usual and I noticed I'm a little more vascular. I'm not getting sore anymore either. Still no sides. I did notice today that I wasn't as hungry and it was harder to put down all the food I normally do. This may have something to do with the lack of sleep too, not sure though. Luckily I have tomorrow off so I'm gonna sleep my ass off. I'm delirious right now, lol, gonna crash out!
damn strong lifts!! Get back that rest!
How does your body look? Leaning out? Dry?

loss of one pound is probably due to less food. But interestingly you already not hungry... hopefully its a lack of sleep side, and not a liver issue. :D

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 9
Wasn't able to work out because my household goods finally came in and I was moving my stuff by myself for about 5 hours. So I guess I did get some sort of work out in. I did have some rage while moving that **** around though, lol. My lower back and knees were fried from doing hitting legs so hard the day before then moving all that crap so I decided it was best to not go to the gym and deadlift, especially with the lack of sleep lately.
Still no sides.

Day 10
weight is up to 200!!
I've been getting those meals in at work whenever I can. I don't like to rely on mass gainers but when I'm at work I can't exactly snack on an 800 cal meal, so I added it in. I'm using Up Your Mass by MHP. Every other meal is solid food except the occasional protein shake.
I'm slowly getting used to this schedule and getting more sleep.
I wouldn't have planned my cycle for this time had I known I would have started working at the same time. Getting this job has been an issue since September and they finally came to me one day and told me to come in. It's a long story that I don't wanna get into, I just wanted to be clear that on that. I hate to read about people poorly planning cycles. Nonetheless, I'm fighting through it.

Still no sides. Just a little more irritable than normal but not bad. It's getting hard to get my arm into the cuff thing to check my blood pressure, lol. Muscles feel pretty hard and I feel like I can get a pump just my flexing.
Lifts are still getting pretty damn strong pretty quick. Most of my lifts are just on their way to reaching my previous maxes but I did hit a PR today which was deadlifting 365x5 for my top set. I used no straps and no chalk. I've been able to pick up 405x1 but that's it, and I always relied on my Versa Gripps. Lately I've been trying to get away from using them unless I really have to.
DL sets looked like this
275x5
295x5
315x5
345x5
365x5

Barbell military press
135x5
155x5
175x5
185x5
205x5
Getting up there but still not near my personal best.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9
Wasn't able to work out because my household goods finally came in and I was moving my stuff by myself for about 5 hours. So I guess I did get some sort of work out in. I did have some rage while moving that **** around though, lol. My lower back and knees were fried from doing hitting legs so hard the day before then moving all that crap so I decided it was best to not go to the gym and deadlift, especially with the lack of sleep lately.
Still no sides.

Day 10
weight is up to 200!!
I've been getting those meals in at work whenever I can. I don't like to rely on mass gainers but when I'm at work I can't exactly snack on an 800 cal meal, so I added it in. I'm using Up Your Mass by MHP. Every other meal is solid food except the occasional protein shake.
I'm slowly getting used to this schedule and getting more sleep.
I wouldn't have planned my cycle for this time had I known I would have started working at the same time. Getting this job has been an issue since September and they finally came to me one day and told me to come in. It's a long story that I don't wanna get into, I just wanted to be clear that on that. I hate to read about people poorly planning cycles. Nonetheless, I'm fighting through it.

Still no sides. Just a little more irritable than normal but not bad. It's getting hard to get my arm into the cuff thing to check my blood pressure, lol. Muscles feel pretty hard and I feel like I can get a pump just my flexing.
Lifts are still getting pretty damn strong pretty quick. Most of my lifts are just on their way to reaching my previous maxes but I did hit a PR today which was deadlifting 365x5 for my top set. I used no straps and no chalk. I've been able to pick up 405x1 but that's it, and I always relied on my Versa Gripps. Lately I've been trying to get away from using them unless I really have to.
DL sets looked like this
275x5
295x5
315x5
345x5
365x5

Barbell military press
135x5
155x5
175x5
185x5
205x5
Getting up there but still not near my personal best.
yea man... crap happens... dude though... 205X5 !!! Is that standing?!

Strong lifts my friend STRONG LIFTS

Sorry if you already answered this but do you usually train for strength? Focus on weight vs reps a lot?

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
damn strong lifts!! Get back that rest!
How does your body look? Leaning out? Dry?

loss of one pound is probably due to less food. But interestingly you already not hungry... hopefully its a lack of sleep side, and not a liver issue. :D
My wife says I look fuller. It's hard for me to tell a difference really other than my sleeves are getting tight again. I measured with my body fat calipers today and I actually am slightly leaner according to those though.
I'm pretty sure the appetite is just my major change in schedule. I'm used to going to sleep around 3am and now I have to be at work at 4am! Kill me now!! Better than not having a job though..

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Haha, thanks again man. No it's seated, I've tried standing and it kills my back! Shoulders and legs have naturally been a strong point for me, not sure why the shoulders are up there, I'll take it though.

Before cutting and before trying 5x5 my normal routine consisted of a lot of pyramids. Excluding squats, DLs, and bench the majority of my lifts started out at 10-12 reps and then down 8,6,4 for a total of 4 sets.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife says I look fuller. It's hard for me to tell a difference really other than my sleeves are getting tight again. I measured with my body fat calipers today and I actually am slightly leaner according to those though.
I'm pretty sure the appetite is just my major change in schedule. I'm used to going to sleep around 3am and now I have to be at work at 4am! Kill me now!! Better than not having a job though..
Haha, thanks again man. No it's seated, I've tried standing and it kills my back! Shoulders and legs have naturally been a strong point for me, not sure why the shoulders are up there, I'll take it though.

Before cutting and before trying 5x5 my normal routine consisted of a lot of pyramids. Excluding squats, DLs, and bench the majority of my lifts started out at 10-12 reps and then down 8,6,4 for a total of 4 sets.
True dat bro, having a job definitely trumps not having one!
Yea my strong point would be my chest. I find though that I am getting a lot stronger all around for some reason. hehe.

Pyramiding is very good, I find that if my nutrition is high enough that's the best program for most of my friends. Mainly because it's a more mentally friendly workout. 5x5 gets mentally challenging after a while.... I exert 100% speed/force on EACH rep in order to make each rep count. many of my friends really don't make the rep count... they just count them...

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was day 11.
Weight was 199
This might be due to the fact that I went to the gym earlier in the day than I usually do which means I ate less food.
I'm starting to see the differences in my body, looking bigger and more cut. I'm putting on weight while looking leaner which is awesome. I got told by a co worker that I reminded him of Wolverine from Xmen Origins, lol. Flattering but I don't think I'm quite there yet haha!

Definitely getting stronger on bench, I can just feel the weight being lighter and lighter.
I went up to 255x5 and felt like I could have pumped out two more reps with no spot.

Nothing else really worth mentioning in the gym. Barbell curls felt stronger though.

I feel like I've been relentlessly killing my lower back with squats, moving all my furniture and household goods, deads, and then bent over rows all in back to back days in a row. So yesterday I'm not sure if I experienced my first back pumps ever or I was just really sore. I was out at dinner and sitting in a wooden booth, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
True dat bro, having a job definitely trumps not having one!
Yea my strong point would be my chest. I find though that I am getting a lot stronger all around for some reason. hehe.

Pyramiding is very good, I find that if my nutrition is high enough that's the best program for most of my friends. Mainly because it's a more mentally friendly workout. 5x5 gets mentally challenging after a while.... I exert 100% speed/force on EACH rep in order to make each rep count. many of my friends really don't make the rep count... they just count them...
My chest was always the one thing I wanted to be bigger. I've always had trouble with it.
I've really been focusing on making those reps count. I have a friend who is a great guy but I feel like he just wants to do the rep to say he did it. He bounces the bar off his chest really bad on bench and bounces weight up on bent rows. He's only cheating himself.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My chest was always the one thing I wanted to be bigger. I've always had trouble with it.
I've really been focusing on making those reps count. I have a friend who is a great guy but I feel like he just wants to do the rep to say he did it. He bounces the bar off his chest really bad on bench and bounces weight up on bent rows. He's only cheating himself.

Very true. I think it all depends on goals, but for physique guys the adaption the body takes is very important, thus targeting muscles and form are crucial.

Good work so far man!

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Was off for day 12 and 13.

Day 14
weight was 203
I just feel good overall, real strong and alpha at they gym.
Did chest and got 260x5. My other lifts are stronger and slowly going up but nothing crazy to note. I had an awesome pump, haven't had a pump like this in a long time. I added in a few accessory lifts for arms which I'm sure helped.

Day 15
203lb. again
Felt the same as the day before.
I squatted 385x5 and it felt pretty damn easy, surprisingly easy! Last time I squatted I did 365x5.

I noticed that my skin is slightly more oily than usual and had a really small amount of backne. I'm getting used to this sleep schedule and my appetite is back to normal. I need to get to bed earlier and get more sleep in though. That seems to be the only thing keeping me from growing as much as I'd like to be.

Strength just feels ridiculous and I'm definitely bigger and my vascularity is insane. It could be my impatience but I feel like I should be getting heavier up to this point, but, I am up 9lbs in 15 days so I don't know. I would love to be able to get at least another 6 solid pounds at least by the end of the cycle.

No other sides to mention. Another surprise to me is that I haven't been very irritable, relatively speaking. It's hard for me to comment on lethargy because I feel tired simply from getting up at 3am every morning, but despite this, I feel ok most of the time.

Diabolik

Diabolik

Awards
  • Established
Day 17
Weighed 205 pretty happy about this.
My strength is just getting ridiculous.
Deads:
295x5
315x5
340x5
365x5
385x5
Bench press got up to 265x5
Barbell curls got up to 115x5

After I pulled that 385 I just laughed because I couldn't believe how quick the weight going up each week.

Tonight is squats and I might go for 405x5 depending on how I feel.