RickRock is finding his abs and making some LEAN GAINS!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've decided to start a log for the recent diet change that I made to the Lean gains diet. For those that are unfamiliar with it, it is basicly an ittermittent fasting diet that is a 16 hr. fast each day with an 8 hr. "eating window" At that time is when you consume all of your daily caloric intake. What this does is create a very anabolic event when you break your fast as insulin sensitivity increases. This diet is designed for both fat loss and adding LBM, hence the name "lean Gains"

The week is devided into weight days and cardio days, with the weight days being a higher cal/ higher carb day and the cardio only days being lower cal/lower carb.

During the fasted period BCAAs are consumed every 2 hours ( minus sleeping time) to keep protein synthesis working and keep catabolism at bay.

For those that was following my cycle log, you are already following what I've been doing. This is my 5th day on this diet and the progress thus far is already very prominent and noticeable. There is less hanging from my chest, vascularity is up, and the midsection bloat is way down.

I am posting this in the cycle info section for a couple reasons. First is the fact that I'm still in PCT(even though it ends in 2 days), I am running Osta Sarm MK-2866, and if I continue this diet and log into late June, which I am pretty sure I will be, then I will be testing out this diet while on cycle...which is planned to be a 6 week run of Helladrol/Trenazone so instead of having to move my log or start another one...I'll do it here.

Here is my calorie and workout plan as of now, though I may switch up my workout routine to the Warrior workout (full body) given to me by Kleen soon.:yup:

Monday: Chest/Triceps/Abs
Cals:2800-3k with 200-250g carbs

Tuesday: Cardio
Cals: 2200-2300 with 100-150g carbs

Wednesday: Back/Biceps
Cals: 2800-3k with 200-250g carbs

Thursday: Cardio

Friday: Shoulders/Legs
Cals: 2800-3k with 200-250g carbs

Saturday: Cardio

Sunday: Rest

Current supplements...

Ostarine: 12.5mg/ED

Need2Slin: 2 caps with first meal/2 caps with last

GEAR: 3 caps preworkout/ 3 post, 2 with first meal, 2 with last, 3 pre bed

Xtend BCAAs: 1 serving (10g) every 2 hours during the fast

Lean Extreme: 3 caps per day dose spread out even through the day

Alpha T-2: 2 caps AM (preworkout) 1 cap afternoon

N2KTS: 2 scoops pre workout

and of course my normal staples of Protein, fish oil, multi, and creatine..

The eating window each day is from 12pm to 8 pm and I workout early in the morning some days as early as 5 am. I usually am working out around 6-6:30am most mornings.

So please join me for some LEAN GAINS!!!:firedevil:

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
Wow that's some seriously disciplined schedule and a lot of supplements. I am willing to bet your young and don't have kids. I could be wrong but it was pre-marriage and pre-kids when I had that discipline. Good Luck and keep up the good work!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are the first few days I posted over in my other log...

First day of Lean gains went very well. The only thing I didn't expect was how it can be difficult getting everything ate in 8 hrs. I broke my fast at 12pm and was pretty much full by 3. But I still got everything in I needed today. I had 14oz of steak, whole grain spaghetti with lean ground beef, green beans, rice, a cup of oats, 4 total scoops of whey, and some yogurt and a banana. It netted me 2900 Cal's for the day with about 290g protein and 285g of carbs for the day. Everything was pretty close to where I wanted it and not too bad for the first day.

The workout today was so so. Strength was down a little, but maybe it was because I had no preworkout carbs in me like I was used to. Only BCAAs

Tomorrow morning is cardio. My first cardio day in a good while since I've been bulking for 6 months now. Looking forward to it

I'm really digging my appearance right now. I've been continuing to lean out and it will only increase with this diet and the help of some new supplements I've added I really think I look better now than I ever did on cycle. Sitting at 194 at the moment
3rd day on Lean Gains diet and everything is getting easier by the day. I am really enjoying the diet and the fast is not bothering me. I'm kinda enjoying it actually. I spent the last 6 months trying to bulk and eat every 2 hours...a nice break from the chore of packing away food all day long is a plus..

Ive adjusted my macros a little from the plan. I'm going for 200-250g carbs on weight days instead of 300-350 and I'm doing 100-150 on cardio days instead of 200-250. This allows me to increase my protein where I want it without raising Cal's.

Workout was great. Still strength way up and did Back/biceps and was able to hit the same weight and reps as previous week or 2.
I'm loving it too man. I know its early for me but I can already tell a difference in body composition. Nothing drastic, but just a little less hanging from my chest and the belly is definitely down and not as bloated. I'm sure decreasing carbs contributed mostly to it, but it still nice seeing the belly shrink.

I haven't seen my ABS in a while, and I miss it. Can't wait to see them again!!
Its catching a lot of attention. Are you taking the BCAAs too when fasting?

I'm loving it man...just loving it. First week and I've already had to tighten the belt up a loop!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow that's some seriously disciplined schedule and a lot of supplements. I am willing to bet your young and don't have kids. I could be wrong but it was pre-marriage and pre-kids when I had that discipline. Good Luck and keep up the good work!
haha no man actually I'm 36, married, and have 2 kids and 1 more on the way that will be here in a couple months. Needless to say, life stays busy with me, and I like it that way..:yup:

Thanks for stopping in bro

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those interested in some science behind this....:)

Here is the Fasting Training protocol from www.leangains.com.

Fasted Training Boosts Muscle Growth?
1:41 AM | Posted by Martin Berkhan

Share A recent study shows fasted training affects the post-workout anabolic response to weight training more favorably than fed-state training.

This study is very interesting to say the least, since it lends scientific support to explain the beneficial effects from both fasted-training and Leangains-style intermittent fasting. Let me give you the lowdown on this study in layman's terms.

Weight training activates enzymes and switches on genes that up regulates protein synthesis in muscles. Out of these signalling mechanisms, the phosphorylation, "activity" plainly speaking, of p70s6 kinase may serve as an indicator of muscle growth, along with other myogenic transcription factors. Myogenic meaning from within the muscle. Nutrition no doubt affects the myogenic signaling mechanisms, but it's still not fully understood to what degree.

In this study, subjects were split into two groups that were trained on two occasions separated by three weeks. The three-week rest period between sessions served as a "washout" period, in order to make sure that the prior session didn't interfere with the results obtained during the second test.

The workouts were fairly basic whole-body sessions: 3 x 8 in seven movements such as bench press, overhead press, curls and leg press.

One of the sessions (F) were performed on an empty stomach after an overnight fast.

The other session (B) was performed in the fed state. Subjects were given a breakfast of 722 kcal composed of 85% carbs, 11% protein and 4% fat, and training was initiated 90 minutes after the meal.

After the weight training session, both groups rested for 4 hours. At the one- and four-hour marks, muscle biopsies and blood tests were obtained . Participants were also also given a recovery drink to sip each hour during the rest period.

Results revealed that the F session had twice as high levels of p70s6k in comparison to the B when measured at the one-hour mark post-workout. Other myogenic transcription factors were also higher at this point, though not quite as pronounced as p70s6k. At the four-hour mark, the differences between the two groups had evened out.

Why may fasted training be beneficial for the post-workout anabolic response?

The researchers concluded that "Our results indicate that prior fasting may stimulate the intramyocellular anabolic response to ingestion of a carbohydrate/protein/leucine mixture following a heavy resistance training session. "

Among other things, increased levels of p70s6k may lead to a faster transport of amino acids into the muscle cell membranes, which should lead to a more rapid and potent anabolic response to post-workout nutrient ingestion. The effects seen on the other myogenic signaling mechanisms could also affect muscle growth through other pathways.

It seems that the increased anabolic activity seen post-workout is a compensatory response to the increased catabolism that occurs during fasted state training. Very interesting. The big question is if there would be a net difference in muscle growth at the end of the day. Training on an empty stomach will cause greater catabolism in the short run, but will it yield greater gains in the long run? Do we make a small sacrifice in order to receive a greater reward?

Well, I think we can leverage the results of this study to our benefit and sidestep the negatives if we ask ourselves why, relative to the fasted group, p70s6k and the other myogenic transcription factors were inhibited after a pre-workout meal. Or rather the highly insulinogenic pre-workout meal served in the study -- a whopping 153 g high glycemic index carbs.

There's no clear answer here, but other studies have suggested that carb intake during an endurance training can blunt the expression of several metabolic genes post-exercise. Insulin may play a role here, for sure.

Another way to think of it is that by providing nutrients to the body, exercise is experienced by the body as less of a stressor compared to fasted-state training. No need to adapt or compensate when all is provided for you. A similar phenomenon can be seen with antioxidant intake, where recent studies show that ingesting antioxidants from supplements weakens the body's own response to deal with free radicals created by training. We are making it easy for the body and that may be a suboptimal way to train.

So do I suggest everyone start training fasted from now on? Of course not. Remember, it is still not known if the net effect of fasted state training will lead to more favorable results in the long run.

However, I do suggest the following:

* Make sure that the great majority of your daily allotment of calories and carbs are ingested in the post-workout period, and not before.

* The immediate pre-workout meal should contain no more than a moderate amount of low glycemic index carbs. The exact amount would depend on many factors, total workout volume being the biggest one to consider, but a good guideline for a moderate volume weight training session is approximately 0.6 - 0.8 g carb per kilogram body weight or 0.3 - 0.4 g per pound of body weight. Have this meal 1.5 - 2.5 hours before your training session.

* For fasted sessions, ingest 10 g branched chain amino acids (BCAA) shortly prior (5-15 mins) to your training session. This does not count towards the 8-hour feeding window that I advocate post-workout; that starts with your post-workout meal. By ingesting BCAA pre-workout, we can sidestep the increased protein breakdown of fasted training while still reaping the benefits of the increased anabolic response as seen in this study. Not only that, BCAAs actually increase phosphorylation of p70s6k when ingested in the fasted state prior to training. So by training fasted, with BCAA intake prior to sessions, we get a double whammy of increased p70s6k phosphorylation that should create a very favorable environment for muscle growth in the post-workout period.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN. I'm up 6lbs on day 5 of my cycle bud ;)

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
in for this too man. haha, must feel good for guys to think you are young and dont have kids with the strict training!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN. I'm up 6lbs on day 5 of my cycle bud ;)
Glad to have you bro. Nice job...6 lbs in 5 days? Wow man. What are you running? Beast/test again? I haven't seen a log so I'm guessing your not logging it...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in for this too man. haha, must feel good for guys to think you are young and dont have kids with the strict training!

Good to have you here laser. I was hoping you would hop over here too..;)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to have you bro. Nice job...6 lbs in 5 days? Wow man. What are you running? Beast/test again? I haven't seen a log so I'm guessing your not logging it...
Ya. And I'm still doing cardio 6 days a week. Was surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning :D

Test/SD is the the main part. I might be running some of the trenazone a while later in the cycle ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update...Today's workout was great despite getting to the gym late and cutting my workout short about 15 min. Strength was great on all my lifts. Military presses weeny well and I was within a Rep or 2 of the best I did on cycle.

The fasting before noon is getting easier. It has taken a few days to get adjusted but I think I'm pretty much there. I am getting more impressed with this from each passing day. I am curious where I will be in a couple weeks!! Diet was great and very clean today despite it being the higher Cal day. Chicken breast, green beans, and rice with 2 scoops of whey and 1/2 cup of oats was first meal...and tilapia with green beans and rice was my last meal. Had some canned tuna, a couple more scoops of whey and more oats between those meals..

I'm going to look over the warrior workout that my good friend Kleen gave me some more this weekend, and I may be using it or a version of it starting next week..:D

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Update...Today's workout was great despite getting to the gym late and cutting my workout short about 15 min. Strength was great on all my lifts. Military presses weeny well and I was within a Rep or 2 of the best I did on cycle.

The fasting before noon is getting easier. It has taken a few days to get adjusted but I think I'm pretty much there. I am getting more impressed with this from each passing day. I am curious where I will be in a couple weeks!! Diet was great and very clean today despite it being the higher Cal day. Chicken breast, green beans, and rice with 2 scoops of whey and 1/2 cup of oats was first meal...and tilapia with green beans and rice was my last meal. Had some canned tuna, a couple more scoops of whey and more oats between those meals..

I'm going to look over the warrior workout that my good friend Kleen gave me some more this weekend, and I may be using it or a version of it starting next week..:D
Subbed brother!

Warrior workout and the diet!!!???
Questing for ultimate beast status I see. You have your work cut out for you with Chris.....

Good log so far, I'll be watching closely :veryhappy:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed brother!

Warrior workout and the diet!!!???
Questing for ultimate beast status I see. You have your work cut out for you with Chris.....

Good log so far, I'll be watching closely :veryhappy:

Thanks for joining Morry!! Yeh the thing with the warrior workout is the intensity it looks like. I figure if I can bear with it, I'll come out pretty on the other side I hope:bigok:

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining Morry!! Yeh the thing with the warrior workout is the intensity it looks like. I figure if I can bear with it, I'll come out pretty on the other side I hope:bigok:
The welcome is appreciated.

I need to look that up too!!!

Geez, you guys are MAKING me learn a ton.

I keep my workouts around an hour maybe a little under or over (on cycle being under is easy, off, not so much), but I get in 33-36 sets and everything is done is circuits except a two of the 3 bigs. Squat are supersetted and deads are supersetted, while flat bench is a circuit.

I cannot wait to see your progress!

FubarFit

Awards
subbed good read but Im wondering what it means. The anabolic part sounds good, and the fat burning makes sense but what will this do to your metabolism and which plays a bigger role insulin sensitivity or metabolism?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup those drop sets are a KILLER!! Had me huffing like I ran a marathon first time I did it.

Subbed to see how IF works for you bud

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

Very interesting, really want to see how this works out for you, I've been going with this same fasting period, been feeling all kinds of good and no bad. :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys for stopping in it should be a lot of fun:bigok:

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
RickRock13-

You are inspiring me to get more serious. I too am 36 and have 3 kiddos. My training is great in fact I have been getting a lot of complements lately that I have gotten buff (again). I just need to get serious about by nutrition again. I have allowed all the distractions get to me on that front especially my wife.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RickRock13-

You are inspiring me to get more serious. I too am 36 and have 3 kiddos. My training is great in fact I have been getting a lot of complements lately that I have gotten buff (again). I just need to get serious about by nutrition again. I have allowed all the distractions get to me on that front especially my wife.

Wives can be hard when their eating habits aren't the same as ours. I have an understanding with mine that she makes what I want through the week and I treat her to what she wants on the weekend...

Its about compromise...and eventually they come around a bit

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio this morning....30 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes treadmill

One thing I've noticed is its a little hard for me to get to 300g protein on my low Cal days. I usually get around 270-280ish on those days it seems. I don't really want to drop carbs anymore so hopefully that is fine on the low days

Its almost as if I am seeing major changes daily...and the scale this morning....191! Feeling and looking much leaner already.. so that's around 3-4 lbs. this week!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio this morning....30 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes treadmill

One thing I've noticed is its a little hard for me to get to 300g protein on my low Cal days. I usually get around 270-280ish on those days it seems. I don't really want to drop carbs anymore so hopefully that is fine on the low days

Its almost as if I am seeing major changes daily...and the scale this morning....191! Feeling and looking much leaner already.. so that's around 3-4 lbs. this week!
Not an issue at all brother, as long as you are getting in 1-1.5 grams of protein daily you will be good to go remember this is not the same as your typical cut. You are getting your carb intake in, and the anabolic event is still ample even on the low carb days because you want to get 75-100 grams of that 150 on that first meal. That is the trick, then spit the rest up through the feeding window.

I drop weight great on this too. 190 this morning and more cuts than the pic from Wednesday. I am ahead of schedule enough I can start trying to lean bulk soon or at the minimum recomp more than cut. By 185 I am going to look friggin awesome, although I may begin to gain LBM depend on how I toy with things. The 1500/3000 is ripping fat off me I may go with 1500-1800 and 3500 starting in about a week. Speaking of time for a very large bowl of turkey spaghetti more meat sauce than pasta of course.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
U
Not an issue at all brother, as long as you are getting in 1-1.5 grams of protein daily you will be good to go remember this is not the same as your typical cut. You are getting your carb intake in, and the anabolic event is still ample even on the low carb days because you want to get 75-100 grams of that 150 on that first meal. That is the trick, then spit the rest up through the feeding window.

I drop weight great on this too. 190 this morning and more cuts than the pic from Wednesday. I am ahead of schedule enough I can start trying to lean bulk soon or at the minimum recomp more than cut. By 185 I am going to look friggin awesome, although I may begin to gain LBM depend on how I toy with things. The 1500/3000 is ripping fat off me I may go with 1500-1800 and 3500 starting in about a week. Speaking of time for a very large bowl of turkey spaghetti more meat sauce than pasta of course.

Thanks for all the info bro...means a lot to me. I would say that this is the quickest I've ever seen myself lean out. I mean even a full on cut at 2k a day with 5 days of cardio like I did last year didn't lean me out this quick in the first week.

I'm loving some lean gains and I can see myself hitting the goal of getting to 8-10% way before the 8 weeks I was thinking. At this rate I could see being there in 4-6 but we will see :fingersx:

Whenever it is I get to the point where I am happy with my BF% I will probably do the dame thing you are planning by adding in a little more Cal's to start emphasizing LBM... and I should be at phase 2 of your warrior workout by then too ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
U

Thanks for all the info bro...means a lot to me. I would say that this is the quickest I've ever seen myself lean out. I mean even a full on cut at 2k a day with 5 days of cardio like I did last year didn't lean me out this quick in the first week.

I'm loving some lean gains and I can see myself hitting the goal of getting to 8-10% way before the 8 weeks I was thinking. At this rate I could see being there in 4-6 but we will see :fingersx:

Whenever it is I get to the point where I am happy with my BF% I will probably do the dame thing you are planning by adding in a little more Cal's to start emphasizing LBM... and I should be at phase 2 of your warrior workout by then too ;)
Nice that will be perfect for that too! Once I get my shoulder completely stable I am gonna hit that bad boy up hardcore.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today is my rest day and its nice taking in the great weather today with the family. This morning I tried out some protein pancakes which was pretty similiar to Morry's recipe with only slight differences.

1.5 scoops Whey to build muscle cake batter protein
3 eggs
4 oz. milk added (because of thickness)

all mixed together into a batter. Cooked on medium heat and browned on both sides.

.5 scoop of Cookies and cream casein
3 oz. yogurt

mixed together and put in freezer to cool while cooking pancake then applied as icing on top of pancake when done....:yumyum:

557 cals
23.5g Fat
19.5g carbs
67.4g Protein

It was pretty good and I have a couple ideas to try out next time to see if I can make it better..

Last night was my first real cheat meal on this diet. I had some mexican that I have been craving for some time. I had some steak fajitas, a Beef burrito, and chips and salsa...man it was great and I needed it badly. I plan on doing that on the weekends on a meal or 2 and then its back to business come monday ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im giving Kleen's warrior workout a try starting tomorrow and here is the routine schedule for my lifting days (mon, Wed, Fri)

WW1: 2 work sets to Form Failure 6-8 reps, second set is a double SSUF (Strip Set until Failure)

Flat DB Bench Press

Bent Over DB Row,

Standing Arnold Presses (elbows should point out and back a little at end of movement)

DB Hammer Curls

DB Overhead Triceps Extension

Leg Press

Lunges

WW2: 2 work sets to Form Failure 6-8 reps, second set is a double SSUF

Chin Ups

Decline Bench

Wide Grip Upright Rows

Close Grip Bench

Barbell Curls

Squats

Stiff Leg Deads

WW3: 2 work sets to Form Failure 6-8 reps, second set is a double SSUF

Push Press

DB Pull Over

Smith Incline Bench

Reverse Curls

Lying Triceps Extention (with elbow pointed toward back of head at 45 degree angle.)

Dead Lifts

Leg Ext

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya the protein pancakes are great.. You gonna do some progress pics Rick? Would be nice to see since you say your leaning out so fast from this diet.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya the protein pancakes are great.. You gonna do some progress pics Rick? Would be nice to see since you say your leaning out so fast from this diet.
Yeh I was thinking of that and I may get some up in the next few days..

opti

Awards
So today is my rest day and its nice taking in the great weather today with the family. This morning I tried out some protein pancakes which was pretty similiar to Morry's recipe with only slight differences.

3 eggs

all mixed together into a batter. Cooked on medium heat and browned on both sides.

3 oz. yogurt

mixed together and put in freezer to cool while cooking pancake then applied as icing on top of pancake when done....:yumyum:

557 cals
23.5g Fat
19.5g carbs
67.4g Protein

It was pretty good and I have a couple ideas to try out next time to see if I can make it better..

Last night was my first real cheat meal on this diet. I had some mexican that I have been craving for some time. I had some steak fajitas, a Beef burrito, and chips and salsa...man it was great and I needed it badly. I plan on doing that on the weekends on a meal or 2 and then its back to business come monday ;)
that's a real nice..... stealing that recipe for sure.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established

3 eggs

3 oz. yogurt

557 cals
23.5g Fat
19.5g carbs
67.4g Protein

Perfect!!! That sounds really good and I like your spin on it. Sounds like the milk did the trick to make it the right consistency.

Your workout looked pretty sick too. I'd be interested in progress pics as well.

Keep killing it Rick!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perfect!!! That sounds really good and I like your spin on it. Sounds like the milk did the trick to make it the right consistency.

Your workout looked pretty sick too. I'd be interested in progress pics as well.

Keep killing it Rick!
Thanks a lot man!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was the first day of the warrior workout and man it is intense!! I was sweating worse today than I do on cardio day, and by the end of the workout I was running on fumes...I can see this workout being very effective in the long run. I am not sure how long this workout is supposed to take, but it took me an hour and that was with leaving lunges out. That time is including my 5-10 minutes of stretching. I kinda ran out of time so I had to skip the last exercise which is lunges...

Hopefully I did this workout like it was planned. If not Kleen let me know:

DB Bench Press:
90x9
90x9
90x8,65x8,50x6

DB bent over Rows:
105x10
105x9
105x9,80x6, 65x6
105x8,80x6, 65x6

Standing Arnold DB Press:
70x7
70x7
70x6, 50x6, 35x7
70x6, 50x6, 35x6

Hammer curls:
55x8
55x8
55x8, 40x7, 30x6
55x8, 40x6, 30x6

DB tricep ext.
45x9
45x9
45x8, 30x7, 20x6
45x8, 30x7, 20x6

Leg Press
540x8
540x8
540x7
540x7, 450x7, 360x9
540x7, 450x7, 360x9

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
That workout does look intense! Great job!

:rocketwhore:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio day and did treadmill 40 minutes around 450 kcal burned. I was sweating great and it went well. Heart rate was 150-155ish.

I got my Sarms S4 today, and I'll be bridging into that sometime possibly next week and run both S4 and Osta for 1 to 2 weeks before dropping Osta and continuing on S4 for around 6-8 weeks total. Hopefully that will add some more LBM and aid in my fat loss.

I ordered a fat loss monitor and some calipers a couple days ago so I can track my BF%. Ive never checked it before so I'm a little curious where its at. Whenever I get it (should be sometime this week) I'll post up what my results were from the test and then probably post weekly any changes that happen ;)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward on how the s4 treats you bud ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio day and did treadmill 40 minutes around 450 kcal burned. I was sweating great and it went well. Heart rate was 150-155ish.

I got my Sarms S4 today, and I'll be bridging into that sometime possibly next week and run both S4 and Osta for 1 to 2 weeks before dropping Osta and continuing on S4 for around 6-8 weeks total. Hopefully that will add some more LBM and aid in my fat loss.

I ordered a fat loss monitor and some calipers a couple days ago so I can track my BF%. Ive never checked it before so I'm a little curious where its at. Whenever I get it (should be sometime this week) I'll post up what my results were from the test and then probably post weekly any changes that happen ;)
What is a fat loss monitor? Which calipers did you get? I have the fat track2 the digital calipers. Pretty cool, only a 3 site calculation but it also gives you the mm reading so you can do a 7 or 9 site check and then run the formula to get a more acurate reading. However for general purposes the 3 site method tell you what is going on with your body and is only about 2% in either direction from other methods.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is a fat loss monitor? Which calipers did you get? I have the fat track2 the digital calipers. Pretty cool, only a 3 site calculation but it also gives you the mm reading so you can do a 7 or 9 site check and then run the formula to get a more acurate reading. However for general purposes the 3 site method tell you what is going on with your body and is only about 2% in either direction from other methods.

The monitor is one of the hand held devices that reads by grabbing a couple handles and entering your stats. I know they aren't real accurate but its mainly to track progress.

I didn't get any digital calipers. I never seen any like that and I would have got some if I had. I just got your basic old school cheap calipers. I'm real curious to say the least at where I'm at since all I have ever done is guess..

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
The monitor is one of the hand held devices that reads by grabbing a couple handles and entering your stats. I know they aren't real accurate but its mainly to track progress.

I didn't get any digital calipers. I never seen any like that and I would have got some if I had. I just got your basic old school cheap calipers. I'm real curious to say the least at where I'm at since all I have ever done is guess..
Kleen's right, the ones you got will get you pretty close. And either way, if there is an error in there slightly, it will be the same error throughout you measuring, so just track your measurements and you have a baseline and a way to compare numbers. That's all you need to measure success.

Osta to S4? You are going to love S4. I did have shutdown after S4 and wish I had ran a very light PCT with it, but that's just me.
That combo with your training and the new diet........transformation.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen's right, the ones you got will get you pretty close. And either way, if there is an error in there slightly, it will be the same error throughout you measuring, so just track your measurements and you have a baseline and a way to compare numbers. That's all you need to measure success.

Osta to S4? You are going to love S4. I did have shutdown after S4 and wish I had ran a very light PCT with it, but that's just me.
Thanks man. I'm hoping it all goes as planned. I'm going to give it hell until I come out of this ripped up :yup:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Warrior workout #2 was this morning and it was BRUTAL. About halfway through the workout I was sweating like a madman, and had to take a trip into the locker room because I had that feeling like I could toss my cookies, but it passed after a couple minutes and I got through the rest of it up to the point of Stiff leg DL. Me and these do not get along well, and I havent done them in a while.

I have reoccuring back problems that stem from a birth defect in my pelvic bone that puts an unnatural misalignment in my spine over time and any bent over exercises can really tax it like DLs and Good mornings. Even BB rows get difficult for me sometimes. I have to use a heel lift in my right shoe at all times to try and counteract the tendency of misalignment but it only buys me a little more time before I go to the chiropractor and get re-adjusted.

Needless to say, I attempted but had to bail on DLs. I can only do them it seems if I reduce the weight down to a point where it is almost pointless, so I may have to find an alternative exercise to fill that. Sumo style Deadlifts I can probably do, and will try out next workout...

Weight is continuing to drop...189 this morning and I havent seen that weight since Nov. :)

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
any particular reason why you decided to add the s4? im debating on adding it to my ostarine cycle.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I agree here. Put in that hard work Rock, and the results will come...

Yes to the mild pct too. Depending on how you dose, the s4 can be suppressive. I say follow that s4 up with 4 weeks of Phytoserms and by then you should be ready to hit your next cycle. :D

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
maybe i missed it somewhere but what dose of s4 were you going to run? i was thinking about running it below 50mg, probably around the 35-40mg range to keep those vision sides away. any input or advice?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe i missed it somewhere but what dose of s4 were you going to run? i was thinking about running it below 50mg, probably around the 35-40mg range to keep those vision sides away. any input or advice?
I'm thinking of starting at 25mg and possibly working up to 50mg. It looks like vision sides don't show up for most until 75-100mg

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio this morning. 30 minutes treadmill at 350 Cal's burned and 20 minutes elliptical that burned another 200 or so. HR in 155-160 range. Also did some ab work. Sweated like a cucumber in a women's prison...lol