TNICK7's 2 WEEK SD BLAST LOG

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Aim and Training Regime:

Aim is lean bulk and hopefully some reduce in BF%. Wil be training 5 day split Chest/Back/Legs/Shoulders/Arms. I need to get my legs up to par with my upper body and my biceps are lagging so will be training the **** out of them

The plan is to run SD as follows:

Week 1-2: SD @ 20mg

I initially planned on frontloading the SD, but after asking PA about it, I decided against, because quite frankly IMO, the dude knows this stuff like no one else :D

PCT will be:

Nolva: 40mg/20mg/20mg
ATD: ____/_____/25mgEOD/25mgED/25mgEOD
AI Post Cycle Support: 4 Weeks

Support Supplements:

Cycle Support (on Cycle + Prelaod 1 week)
L-Dopa (on Cycle and during PCT for prolactin)
LiverLonger (have some left over, so 1 per day)
B5 (1g?)
NAC and ALA (during use of Nolva in PCT)

Current Stats:

Weight: 200lb
BF% (caliper test): 14%

Hopeful Post Cycle Stats:

Weight: 205-207lb
BF%: 12-13%

Cycle starts next Monday hopefully assuming my package arrives

:bb3:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I am in. At first I thought it was a 2 week on 2 week off type of cycle. Either way looks and Tnick best of luck!!:bb3:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, good to have you in :D

I am in. At first I thought it was a 2 week on 2 week off type of cycle. Either way looks and Tnick best of luck!!

Possible in the future :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ill follow along on this one! So im curious what did PA say? That guy must be soooo busy with PMs its probably ridiculous. Cycle looks good.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
ill follow along on this one! So im curious what did PA say? That guy must be soooo busy with PMs its probably ridiculous. Cycle looks good.
I know he may sometimes come off a rude or sarcastic to some (I think he's pretty funny), but thats seems to just be his way. The guys incredibly helpful and whenever I have PM'd him, he's got back the next day.

I said to him that I got the idea of front loading it from Matt Cahill. His response was simply front loading only made sense from compounds with a long half life. I was in two minds about it as I started to think the front load could just result in me shutting down much quicker, and then PA not thinking it was a great idea sealed the deal :D

Good to have you on board pp:head:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
what is your training look like? style?

5 Day split. Rep range 12-6. Train by feel really TBH, usually 12-16 sets on chest, same for back and legs. Traps on shoulders again go on feel usually around 16-18 sets including traps. Arms superset 9 sets bi;s 9 sets tri's, through in forearms, abs and calves whenever.

At the moment I taking short rest between sets (30-45 secs, except on deadlifts and squats) focusing on form, slow reps. Its killing me!

Want to give DC a try out, but not going to start that until post PCT.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i'll be watching

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Shweet, im in.

How tall are you?

Under support supps it says B5, whered you get that idea from? Your using for synthesis of carbs/fats etc correct?

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Shweet, im in.

How tall are you?

Under support supps it says B5, whered you get that idea from? Your using for synthesis of carbs/fats etc correct?

Nice to have you in, same with you UnrealMachine :)

As for my height, I'm 6"0 to 6"1, so I usually just say 6"1 but I'm probably lying by half an inch :D

PP hit the nail on the head the B5 is just in case of acne.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Also guys been thinking about changing my routine slightly. Currently doing 5 day split, thinking of changing it to this:

Day 1: Chest and Biceps
Day 2: Back and Triceps
Day 3: Legs and Calves
Day 4: Shoulders and Traps
Day 5: Rest

And Repeat. This way I get to hit each body part 3 times whilst on this short cycle, then switch it back for PCT. Only worry is possibly overtraining but IMO it should be ok on cycle (maybe a bit much in PCT though). Anyone got any opinions??

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also guys been thinking about changing my routine slightly. Currently doing 5 day split, thinking of changing it to this:

And Repeat. This way I get to hit each body part 3 times whilst on this short cycle, then switch it back for PCT. Only worry is possibly overtraining but IMO it should be ok on cycle (maybe a bit much in PCT though). Anyone got any opinions??
idk, sounds like good reasons for it but not sure if one rest day is enough in that rotation....i guess try it and see.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
idk, sounds like good reasons for it but not sure if one rest day is enough in that rotation....i guess try it and see.

yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same, but I have done a 3 day split 2 times a week before surprisingly successfully. I'm also thinking its only 2 weeks ya know. Oh well, I got a few days to make up my mind!! :D

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Def. a good idea. Train more often on Superdrol, it makes my recovery super-human, I hardly get sore at all on SD. Feels like I could take 2-3 days before hitting something again instead of the usual 7.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Def. a good idea. Train more often on Superdrol, it makes my recovery super-human, I hardly get sore at all on SD. Feels like I could take 2-3 days before hitting something again instead of the usual 7.

Sounds good. I am going to go with that. I never feel like I need too long to recover, so that coupled with SD should make it all good. :head:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I'll also be watching. Interesting idea and something I may want to pursue.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Ok, since I will end up being too lazy to type up entire workouts each time and daily diet, I will give you guys an idea of what my training and diet are going to be like on cycle.

Incline BB/DB Bench Press: 4 sets 12/10/8/6 reps with 30secs rest
Decline BB/DB Bench Press: 3 sets 10/8/6 reps with 30secs rest
Flat DB Bench Press: 3 sets 10/8/6 reps with 30secs rest
Cable Cross-Overs/DB Flyes: 4 sets 12/12/10/10 with 30secs rest

EZ Bar CG Bicep Curls: 3 sets 12/10/8 reps with 30secs rest
BB/DB Preacher Curl: 3 setss 12/10/8 reps with 30secs rest
DB Curls or Spider Curls: 3 sets 12/10/8 reps with 30secs rest

Chin-ups to failure: 4 sets with 30secs rest
BB Bent-Over Back Rows: 4 set 12/10/8/6 reps with 30secs rest
Deadlifts: 4 sets 10/6/6/2 with 60-90secs rest
CG Cable Rows: 3 sets 12/10/8 with 30secs rest

CG Bench Press: 3 sets 10/8/6 with 30 secs rest
French Curl/EZ Bar Incline Skull Crushers: 3 sets 12/10/8 with 30secs rest
Rope Cable Pulldowns: 3 sets 15/12/10 with 30secs rest

Squats: 5 sets 15/12/10/8/6 reps with 60-90secs rest
Leg Press: 4 sets 12/10/8/6 reps with 30 secs rest
Quad Extensions superset with Ham Curls: 4 sets 12/12/10/10 reps 30 secs rest
Calf Raises: 5 sets 20/15/15/12/12 reps with 30secs rest

Day4: Shoulders and Traps

BB Military Press: 3 sets 10/8/6 reps with 30secs rest
DB Shoulder Press/Arnold Press: 3 sets 12/10/8 with 30 secs rest
Sides Raises: 4 sets 12/12/10/10 with 30secs rest, end with drop set
Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets 12/12/10 with 30 secs rest, end with drop set

BB/DB Shrugs: 4 sets 12/10/10/8 with 30 secs res, end with drop set

Diet

Eating Clean, around 3250 calories ( around 350 above maintenance). Breakdown is 300/350/70 (protein/carbs/fat).

Protein source: Chicken, red meat, protein shakes.
Carb source: Oats, pasta, rice, couscous, occasional wholemeal bread.
Fat source: Eggs, peanut butter, olive oil.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to get pre/post blood work?

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to get pre/post blood work?
I am going to TRY and get post PCT bloodwork, just to make sure I recovered ok, but its not definite. If I do I will post it.

I had bloodwork not to long ago and everything was fine (dont know where that is though).

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
My package has now arrived:woohoo:

Going to take the day off tomorrow and either get this show on the road Sunday (if I feel fully recovered) or if not Monday!
:dance:

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i like receiving packages

hopefully yours is still around after two weeks :lol:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This way I get to hit each body part 3 times whilst on this short cycle, then switch it back for PCT. Only worry is possibly overtraining but IMO it should be ok on cycle (maybe a bit much in PCT though). Anyone got any opinions??
Subbed. You'll easily be able to handle the increased workload of the new routine while on the SD. After the SD I would advise you to ease back up when you go into PCT to avoid the pitfalls of over training and losing your hard earned muscle mass that you achieve on-cycle. Go back to hitting each bodypart once per week for PCT. Then after PCT you might wanna think about a run of DC style training for a while. It is the best routine I've seen lately that minimizes overtraining while maximizing steady and consistent gains! I've been doing a personalized/modified version of DC for the last 2 weeks and I'm fukkin' lovin' it dude!! Good luck on this run tnick7!!:thumbsup:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. You'll easily be able to handle the increased workload of the new routine while on the SD. After the SD I would advise you to ease back up when you go into PCT to avoid the pitfalls of over training and losing your hard earned muscle mass that you achieve on-cycle. Go back to hitting each bodypart once per week for PCT. Then after PCT you might wanna think about a run of DC style training for a while. It is the best routine I've seen lately that minimizes overtraining while maximizing steady and consistent gains! I've been doing a personalized/modified version of DC for the last 2 weeks and I'm fukkin' lovin' it dude!! Good luck on this run tnick7!!:thumbsup:

Yeah bro TG is here:head:

You have summed up my plan exactly. I'm doing the 4 day split on cycle, then back to 1 bodypart a week during PCT, then a few weeks post PCT I'm going to give DC a try. :thumbsup:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah bro TG is here:head:

You have summed up my plan exactly. I'm doing the 4 day split on cycle, then back to 1 bodypart a week during PCT, then a few weeks post PCT I'm going to give DC a try. :thumbsup:
I think you'll really benefit from the DC style of training bro. Your strength and subsequently your muscle mass will explode from this High Intensity style of working out. I feel that it needs to be slightly tweaked however. I like to add a few back off sets and some isolation exercises to the mix myself. I know the hardcore DC advocates will disagree but this is my personal opinion. I'm soooo excited for you man. It feels like I'm getting ready to run some gear!! ha ha Thanks for the pleasure of riding along on this one!! I can't wait to see your numbers and bodyweight increasing!! SD RULZ!!! :bb3:

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Nice bro, looks good, i love sd, for me its the fastest acting compound available, wouldnt use nolva for pct though, clomid is much better, And TG hit it spot on when he said about dc training in pct, best way bro.
I use Vitamin B5 too, 1500mg every day keeps me acne free on cycle, what dosage do you use bro?
All the best with this, im in for your sick gains!!!

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words TG :)

Nice bro, looks good, i love sd, for me its the fastest acting compound available, wouldnt use nolva for pct though, clomid is much better, And TG hit it spot on when he said about dc training in pct, best way bro.
I use Vitamin B5 too, 1500mg every day keeps me acne free on cycle, what dosage do you use bro?
All the best with this, im in for your sick gains!!!
Thanks bro. I have never tried clomid. I want to but for now I have nolva left over and dont want to wait to have to get clomid, but I will definitely give it a try someday!

For B5, I was thinking 1-2g, wasn't really sure, but if 1.5g works for you then I will give that a shot:thumbsup:

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I`m in , short cycles are of great interest to me,good luck bro.

About the nolva vs clomid , my vote goes to nolva, from W.Llewellyn:

Clomid and Nolvadex

I am not sure how Clomid and Nolvadex became so separated in the minds of bodybuilders. They certainly should not be. Clomid and Nolvadex are both anti-estrogens belonging to the same group of triphenylethylene compounds. They are structurally related and specifically classified as selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) with mixed agonistic and antagonistic properties. This means that in certain tissues they can block the effects of estrogen, by altering the binding capacity of the receptor, while in others they can act as actual estrogens, activating the receptor.

In men, both of these drugs act as anti-estrogens in their capacity to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the hypothalamus and stimulate the heightened release of GnRH (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone). LH output by the pituitary will be increased as a result, which in turn can increase the level of testosterone by the testes. Both drugs do this, but for some reason bodybuilders persist in thinking that Clomid is the only drug good at stimulating testosterone. What you will find with a little investigation however is that not only is Nolvadex useful for the same purpose, it should actually be the preferred agent of the two.

Studies conducted in the late 1970's at the University of Ghent in Belgium make clear the advantages of using Nolvadex instead of Clomid for increasing testosterone levels (1). Here, researchers looked the effects of Nolvadex and Clomid on the endocrine profiles of normal men, as well as those suffering from low sperm counts (oligospermia). For our purposes, the results of these drugs on hormonally normal men are obviously the most relevant.

What was found, just in the early parts of the study, was quite enlightening. Nolvadex, used for 10 days at a dosage of 20mg daily, increased serum testosterone levels to 142% of baseline, which was on par with the effect of 150mg of Clomid daily for the same duration (the testosterone increase was slightly, but not significantly, better for Clomid). We must remember though that this is the effect of three 50mg tablets of Clomid. With the price of both a 50mg Clomid and 20mg Nolvadex typically very similar, we are already seeing a cost vs. results discrepancy forming that strongly favors the Nolvadex side.

Pituitary Sensitivity to GnRH

But something more interesting is happening. Researchers were also conducting GnRH stimulation tests before and after various points of treatment with Nolvadex and Clomid, and the two drugs had markedly different results. These tests involved infusing patients with 100mcg of GnRH and measuring the output of pituitary LH in response.

The focus of this test is to see how sensitive the pituitary is to Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone. The more sensitive the pituitary, the more LH will be released. The tests showed that after ten days of treatment with Nolvadex, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH increased slightly compared to pre-treated values. This is contrast to 10 days of treatment with 150mg Clomid, which was shown to consistently DECREASE pituitary sensitivity to GnRH (more LH was released before treatment).

As the study with Nolvadex progresses to 6 weeks, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH was significantly higher than pre-treated or 10-day levels. At this point the same 20mg dosage was also raising testosterone and LH levels to an average of 183% and 172% of base values, respectively, which again is measurably higher than what was noted 10 days into therapy. Within 10 days of treatment Clomid is already exerting an effect that is causing the pituitary to become slightly desensitized to GnRH, while prolonged use of Nolvadex serves only to increase pituitary sensitivity to this hormone. That is not to say Clomid won't increase testosterone if taken for the same 6 week time period. Quite the opposite is true. But we are, however, noticing an advantage in Nolvadex.

The Estrogen Clomid

The above discrepancies are likely explained by differences in the estrogenic nature of the two compounds. The researchers' clearly support this theory when commenting in their paper, "The difference in response might be attributable to the weak intrinsic estrogenic effect of Clomid, which in this study manifested itself by an increase in transcortin and testosterone/estradiol-binding globulin [SHBG] levels; this increase was not observed after tamoxifen treatment". In reviewing other theories later in the paper, such as interference by increased androgen or estrogen levels, they persist in noting that increases in these hormones were similar with both drug treatments, and state that," …a role of the intrinsic estrogenic activity of Clomid which is practically absent in Tamoxifen seems the most probable explanation".

Although these two are related anti-estrogens, they appear to act very differently at different sites of action. Nolvadex seems to be strongly anti-estrogenic at both the hypothalamus and pituitary, which is in contrast to Clomid, which although a strong anti-estrogen at the hypothalamus, seems to exhibit weak estrogenic activity at the pituitary. To find further support for this we can look at an in-vitro animal study published in the American Journal of Physiology in February 1981 (2).

This paper looks at the effects of Clomid and Nolvadex on the GnRH stimulated release of LH from cultured rat pituitary cells. In this paper, it was noted that incubating cells with Clomid had a direct estrogenic effect on cultured pituitary cell sensitivity, exerting a weaker but still significant effect compared to estradiol. Nolvadex on the other hand did not have any significant effect on LH response. Furthermore it mildly blocked the effects of estrogen when both were incubated in the same culture.

Conclusion

To summarize the above research succinctly, Nolvadex is the more purely anti-estrogenic of the two drugs, at least where the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis) is concerned. This fact enables Nolvadex to offer the male bodybuilder certain advantages over Clomid.

This is especially true at times when we are looking to restore a balanced HPTA, and would not want to desensitize the pituitary to GnRH. This could perhaps slow recovery to some extent, as the pituitary would require higher amounts of hypothalamic GnRH in the presence of Clomid in order to get the same level of LH stimulation.

Nolvadex also seems preferred from long-term use, for those who find anti-estrogens effective enough at raising testosterone levels to warrant using as anabolics. Here Nolvadex would seem to provide a better and more stable increase in testosterone levels, and likely will offer a similar or greater effect than Clomid for considerably less money. The potential rise in SHBG levels with Clomid, supported by other research (3), is also cause for concern, as this might work to allow for comparably less free active testosterone compared to Nolvadex as well.

Ultimately both drugs are effective anti-estrogens for the prevention of gyno and elevation of endogenous testosterone, however the above research provides enough evidence for me to choose Nolvadex every time.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
And it begins.............

Just taking my first dose (10mg) with breakfast, then hitting the gym in around 90mins. Bring on the gains
:bb3:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Obviously nothing to report. Chest and Biceps today. Ok workout, weigh-in was 200lbs dead on. I am considering not weighing myself until the end of the cycle, or would you prefer I keep log of it??

I added some taurine (3g pre w/o) just in case of back and calf pumps.

For those following who have used SD, when did the magic really start to happen? I'm guessing 5-8 days in.

As I'm doing a 4 days split, with one day rest then repeat I am hoping things will start to happen by the time I do chest & bi's again (day 6).

Also what came first for you; strength or weight?

tnick7

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Obviously nothing to report. Chest and Biceps today. Ok workout, weigh-in was 200lbs dead on. I am considering not weighing myself until the end of the cycle, or would you prefer I keep log of it??
Personally, unless you see a dramatic increase, you might as well just wait till the end to post a weight.

I've found that its real easy to get fixated on gaining weight on a daily basis.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Personally, unless you see a dramatic increase, you might as well just wait till the end to post a weight.

I've found that its real easy to get fixated on gaining weight on a daily basis.

Exactly. If I dont see the scales going up I may get disappointed, lol. I may just weigh-in every Monday

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those following who have used SD, when did the magic really start to happen? I'm guessing 5-8 days in.
Also what came first for you; strength or weight?
I could tell for sure it was kicking between days 8 to 11. And strength came first. It came on big time!! Then days 10 to 14 the weight gains came fast. 5 to 10 pounds in that week. You're gonna love this cycle dude!!! :head:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
I could tell for sure it was kicking between days 8 to 11. And strength came first. It came on big time!! Then days 10 to 14 the weight gains came fast. 5 to 10 pounds in that week. You're gonna love this cycle dude!!! :head:

:aargh: Cant wait for it to kick-in. I hope I'm one that it kicks in really quickly for (like 5 days or so) :D

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
for me it was basically a pound a day for the first two weeks so it kicked in instantly. Noticed pumps and hardness around day 2 and strength started increasing around day 3.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Did back and triceps today. Not bad workout, great tricep pump (regular back pump though).

I go through phases of loving or hating deadlifts, and at the moment I'm hating them, especially heavy ones, IDK why, lol !!

Going to weigh myself either weekly or post cycle.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I go through phases of loving or hating deadlifts
Going to weigh myself either weekly or post cycle.
I love Deadlifts man!! My favorite exercise of all. It is the BEST movement for testing one's overall strength and power IMO!! And why don't you give us weekly updates on your bodyweight? That keeps us informed along the way of your progress. :thumbsup:

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
do you guys pick the weight (on the deadlifts) directly from the floor or from a elevated position ?

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
I love Deadlifts man!! My favorite exercise of all. It is the BEST movement for testing one's overall strength and power IMO!! And why don't you give us weekly updates on your bodyweight? That keeps us informed along the way of your progress. :thumbsup:
As I said, its either my favourite exercise or worst, depending on the day! LOL I agree it definitely shows overall strength, and I used to be strong on deads (for my size) until a few months back I had surgery on my leg so I tend not to go above 405lb now. Hopefully they will get stronger this cycle!! :D

Nunes, I lift straight from the ground. HARCORE style :thumbsup: LOL

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nunes....I lift from the ground. No partial reps for me. And I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. I love 'em!! :head:

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Nunes....I lift from the ground. No partial reps for me. And I worked up to a 610 Deadlift. I love 'em!! :head:

610lbs, you BEAST. Before my surgery I was getting 500lb up, but its just not the same anymore :(

Hopefully I will get it up a bit this cycle!! :D

:dl:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
610LB WOAAH, thats amazing TG.

How are you feeling on SD i love the stuff?

By the way, the reason i prefer clomid is because its not heptoxic like nolva, and it works better with superdrol than nolva does, Those who have had superdol gyno, have used either no pct or nolva, Dont get me wrong in its place nolva is awesome, especialy with drugs that aromatise.

Getting back to your thread, your strength will shoot up on sd, mine went up so quick, keep those complex carbs coming bro, and grow grow grow....Russian.