Critique my recomp meal plan

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone. Im going to begin an epistane cycle within the next two weeks and have already been following a strict diet regimin just to get in a rytham of eating properly so i can be consistant when starting my cycle. My goals will be to build muscle while dropping bf. My diet looks like this so far:

meal 1- cup of oats, 2 scoop s whey iso

Meal 2- post workout mass gainer, (consists of 560 calories,90 carbs,30 protein)

Meal 3-chicken breast with cup of brown rice

Meal 4-same as meal 3

Meal 5-same as meal 3,4

meal 6- eight egg whites 2 tbsp natty pb

My current stats are 185 pounds and 5 foot 8. Not sure what my body fat is. Been off anabolics for 2 years as well not consistant with thw diet/gym and lost alot of gains. So hoping muscle memory will help me out. Previous cycles ive run i was 210 with 8%bf.

Thanks for whoever coments !

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
umm what is a vegetable???
micronutrients, fats??
pretty ****ty recomp diet in my opinion.....actually just a shyt diet in general...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
umm what is a vegetable???
micronutrients, fats??
pretty ****ty recomp diet in my opinion.....actually just a shyt diet in general...
This. Also, drop the mass gainer.

How many cals is this and what is the macro breakdown?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah sorry bro but agree with the two posts above.

Get some variety in there. You only have one real protein source! At the risk of sound like AlexPowell I’d suggest some beef as well as fish (especially wild salmon).

It’s not just about nailing as much protein as possible, veg will keep you healthy, meaning you can train more and feel better.

Broccoli (and other green veg) even act in an anti estrogenic way!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
At the risk of also sounding like myself, you should probably get your **** together for at least 6 months and demonstrate that you can progress effectively and competently prior to taking drugs

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel you guys are being a little too hard here.. The diet isn't that bad although I'd like to see some omega 3s and variation with meat. Mass gainer I'm not a huge fan of but I guess Its a cheaper way to get calories.

And yeah some veggies

aGreenBeast

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Forums can be harsh, just the nature of the beast...

I think the diet isn't bad but I'm more a fan of whole foods when possible and shakes for bridges between meals / post workout nutrients, etc... So I'm just not a fan of meal 1 being oats and a shake. Why not oats and eggs (3 whole eggs + 1 cup egg whites, something like that)

Could throw in a decent protein bar / almonds for snacks as well. If you are trying to put some weight back on, I feel like for 5 8 this can't be over maintenance, is it?

Good luck brother, hope you gain the weight!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat more eggs, red meat, try to fit fish in there at least once a week (salmon), and add some veggies

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
As others said, you need some fiber and veggies in there. I would add in a serving of green vegetables with each of the chicken+rice meals.

I feel like a lot of the feedback was harsh - this isn't too awful of a plan. I just fear that it will be redundant and get boring. I've done similar diets (same meals over and over) and the lack of variation makes it challenging to stick to for extended periods of time. I would consider adding some variation (ground turkey, steak, ground beef for protein; and potatoes for carbs).