Looking for Advice.

Eyyitsjay

Awards
Been lifting for a couple of years now. I am 24 sitting at 176. I want to one day to be able to step on stage in the classic division. Or atleast have a physique of a Classic Bodybuilder. I understand its not naturally achievable and takes stacks and effort for it. But i am kinda lost( or just confused or not able to comprehend) on how to get on track to achieving the physique lol. I am a bit sketch on getting a trainer for the fact that most of time have reviews 3/5 say they get a cookie cutter. I am not scared to jump on. i have experienced before with it. But never had the right mentor or advice around me to lead me in the right direction. So i basically just did research and put things i thought worked together but still have doubt in it.

I came here cause i have see the help of the members helping one another.
Sorry if this is in the wrong section figure i want to get bigger so its kinda like bulking lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you eating every 2-3 hours in accordance to your body?

are you training every body-part every 5-7 days ?

are you getting your sleep?

how old are you? whats your height? whats your bodyfat? are you hormones healthy for muscle building?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Can't give anything specific as you've not given specific information however here are some good rules that you can stick to and always make progress:

Train with a full range of motion and start the muscle in a stretched position. That includes deep squats.
Train each muscle twice a week, other frequencies work as well but twice a week is easy and always works :)
Upper / lower split works great, you can do 5/3/1 for the first lift of the day to take the thought out of programming
Start with 10 sets per body part a week, add a set each week until you simply cannot complete the workout, then go back to 6 sets for 3-4 weeks, then start increasing sets per week again. Can be adjusted at a per body part basis and doesn't have to be everything at the same time
This constant cycling of volume allows you to find the correct volume for you, really easily. Volume needs to increase over time for progress, but can't be increased forever. This allows for that problem

Food start at 1g/lb in protein. Get this from beef :) Get the rest of your calories from rice. If you do not gain 1lb each week, add 5% in calories. Alternate between 5% extra beef and 5% extra rice each week you do not gain 1lb. This allows you to see if you gain weight better increasing beef or increasing rice :)

To lose weight, do the opposite, but alternate between taking away 5% in rice for each week you don't lose 1lb and adding activity

Sleep at least 8 hours a night

This is controversial and many people won't like this, but it's my opinion that 250mg of testosterone a week for a year straight will give better results than the traditional 2 yearly cycles + PCT of almost anything else. You'll be much healthier as well. If you're going to use steroids, then use them and accept the dangers of them. I took steroids in the past and could have paid the price, thankfully I am still fertile :) I will start taking steroids again when I am done having children and won't stop taking them unless there is a health reason not too. Here in Australia, a doctor got imprisoned recently for supplying steroids to "natural" body builders. They were taking 200mg a week with some winstrol and they looked very good!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't give anything specific as you've not given specific information however here are some good rules that you can stick to and always make progress:

Train with a full range of motion and start the muscle in a stretched position. That includes deep squats.
Train each muscle twice a week, other frequencies work as well but twice a week is easy and always works :)
Upper / lower split works great, you can do 5/3/1 for the first lift of the day to take the thought out of programming
Start with 10 sets per body part a week, add a set each week until you simply cannot complete the workout, then go back to 6 sets for 3-4 weeks, then start increasing sets per week again. Can be adjusted at a per body part basis and doesn't have to be everything at the same time
This constant cycling of volume allows you to find the correct volume for you, really easily. Volume needs to increase over time for progress, but can't be increased forever. This allows for that problem

Food start at 1g/lb in protein. Get this from beef :) Get the rest of your calories from rice. If you do not gain 1lb each week, add 5% in calories. Alternate between 5% extra beef and 5% extra rice each week you do not gain 1lb. This allows you to see if you gain weight better increasing beef or increasing rice :)

To lose weight, do the opposite, but alternate between taking away 5% in rice for each week you don't lose 1lb and adding activity

Sleep at least 8 hours a night

This is controversial and many people won't like this, but it's my opinion that 250mg of testosterone a week for a year straight will give better results than the traditional 2 yearly cycles + PCT of almost anything else. You'll be much healthier as well. If you're going to use steroids, then use them and accept the dangers of them. I took steroids in the past and could have paid the price, thankfully I am still fertile :) I will start taking steroids again when I am done having children and won't stop taking them unless there is a health reason not too. Here in Australia, a doctor got imprisoned recently for supplying steroids to "natural" body builders. They were taking 200mg a week with some winstrol and they looked very good!
Good advice on diet! Easy way to increase cals is milk. You do not want to go heavy with the milk but I do suggest adding some whole milk. It’s just too easy not to do it. Homemade shakes are a great option also. The key to gains (or any goal) is consistency. Find what works and stay with it.

For training, assuming you stay natural (I’ll get to that in a bit), I suggest following this routine in the link below. You hit everything low volume twice a week. You can always taylor it a bit to suit you better.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

As far as hormones go, I STRONGLY suggest nailing training and diet down (being consistent with it for a few years) before even thinking about AAS/PH. Use other websites/forums to educate yourself on what to use when the time comes. Doing it this way will leave you well educated while having diet and training in place ready to rock.

I do suggest taking the staple supplements (protein, multi, creatine, fish oil, pre workout...etc). If you need any advice on those just let us know.

Good luck!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been lifting for a couple of years now. I am 24 sitting at 176. I want to one day to be able to step on stage in the classic division. Or atleast have a physique of a Classic Bodybuilder. I understand its not naturally achievable and takes stacks and effort for it. But i am kinda lost( or just confused or not able to comprehend) on how to get on track to achieving the physique lol. I am a bit sketch on getting a trainer for the fact that most of time have reviews 3/5 say they get a cookie cutter. I am not scared to jump on. i have experienced before with it. But never had the right mentor or advice around me to lead me in the right direction. So i basically just did research and put things i thought worked together but still have doubt in it.

I came here cause i have see the help of the members helping one another.
Sorry if this is in the wrong section figure i want to get bigger so its kinda like bulking lol

how old are you? whats your height? whats your bodyfat? are you hormones healthy for muscle building?
This, we need more information OP.

Eyyitsjay

Awards
SOrry for the super late reply guys.

I am eatting 2 to 3 hours or atleast when i am able to. I get full pretty fast. So usally i make weight gainers to replace some meals cause i can take it in eaiser then a meal.

I use to lift 6 on one off recycle through chest,back, legs. But i switch to 2 on 1 off to see if more rest will be better for my body since i will have more rest.

Yes if one thing is right about me lifting its my sleeping lol no less then 8. Unless my body doesnt feel like it needs it and i wake up naturally

I am 24, 5'9", BF is around 12%, Hormones are healthy as i been checked by a doctor and have discussed it with them already and are willing to work with me and getting my blood check to make sure i stay healthy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If everything you say is indeed true then you simply need to eat more and go on a clean bulk. Fat gain will depend on how clean or not clean your diet is but expect at least some fat gain. Set an achievable goal. Take pics along the way. Once you reach that short term goal, take a step back and reassess. You can continue to bulk, recomp or cut.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Eyyitsjay it sounds like you have all angles covered from a training, diet, and sleep perspective. Eating more will help you continue to pack on more muscle, but there is definitely a genetic limit. 5'9" at 176 is solid, but continue to focus on progressive overload and eating big.

How many years have you been doing this all consistently for?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm gonna give you a personal advice. Don't focus on the scale but the mirror.. Weight means nothing and will only slow you down making you clumsy. You can weigh 170 and look bigger than a guy at 200 when you have no fat and only muscles. It will take a lot of time no matter what you do to be the best and maybe that won't be important later on. So let time do it's thing and just eat clean and work out hard.

Lame advice but i feel one of the biggest mistakes people do is to look at the scale, nobody cares what you weigh if you look like a beast.